Too Human

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

General Kaliero
How the hell is there not a thread for this game yet? It comes out in the US in four freaking days!

So, who else is eagerly awaiting this combat-intensive, RPG influenced mix of sci-fi and Norse mythology?

Raijin
I've been thinking of downloading the demo but after watching some of the gameplay trailers it lost its appeal to me the combat just looked way to simplistic, but you've played it several times now, right? So how does the combat work? Does it differ from other games in any way?

The j0keR
Ive heard a lot of bad buzz from the demo.

Morridini
I've been following this game for a while, caught my interest because it was so much like Stargate, combined with being about the Norse Gods (always love games about that, since they are my ancestors (yes indeed, the Gods), so I downloaded the demo. I would say it was "ok", didn't really get a good feel of the fighting, and then the demo was over, what I liked about it though were the setting, story etc, just not the gameplay that much.

Neo Darkhalen
The demo was ok.

DigiMark007
Played the demo. Camera was a b*tch and a half. You can't control it, and there's a lot of times when you want to be looking somewhere other than where it's pointing you.

Combat is fun. Hopefully it gets deeper, because it would get repetitive eventually. Co-op mode is the big seller here. But it made me think of Mass Effect, just not nearly as polished.

Smasandian
I liked the demo.

The camera was a tad annoying, but not really a deal breaker for me because its not as crazy busy as a game like Ninja Gaiden 2 was.

Combat was interesting. Had to get used to the right trigger attack because I kept on thinking it was the camera control, but it was pretty cool though. I do like that the gun power was pretty strong because I always find in RGP's that range weapons are weaker than melee. KOTOR, Oblivion was like that.

What I really liked was the idea behind the characters and worlds. It was pretty damn sweet and why I will rent this game when it comes out.

Overall though, its going to underwhelm alot of people based on the background of the developing cycle, and I dont think people might not get it. Its not very hard to understand, but people from looking at it will automatically thinking of action game like God Of War and not realizing its a RPG like Diablo.

Hopefully people play this game.

BackFire
Played the demo. Wasn't impressed.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by General Kaliero
How the hell is there not a thread for this game yet?

because.. even though I've personally had high hopes for it... I've heard nothing but bad things, as I'm sure others have as well

Outbound
Release date says unannounced on ign so I have no clue when it comes out here..

Smasandian
Augest 19th

StyleTime
I was really excited for this game ....until I played the demo. I might give it another try if someone I know purchases it, but the demo didn't give me any reason to go and buy the game when it's released.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Smasandian
I always find in RGP's that range weapons are weaker than melee. KOTOR, Oblivion was like that.

blink .. you can 1-shot someone with an arrow from so far away you dont even aggro the surrounding enemies in oblivion lol

even in diablo 2.. amazon is godly... hunter in wow can be ridiculous depending on what class you're playing, and if they know how to kite with cheetah aspect.. you'll never catch them

I think maybe neverwinter nights as well, the range was pretty amazing

I didnt exactly get too far in KoToR, so I cant comment on the bowcast / blaster damage

the reason melee sucks in most RPGs is that you gotta get in melee range to do your thing... whereas ranged classes can have someone dead before they get within striking distance

so from my personal standpoint... Range > Melee in like.. every RPG I've played, simply because melee cant close the distance in time

Smasandian
Well, I dont play ever RPG out there, but I always find the melee is more effective.

SaTsuJiN
probably depends on the stats but I've gotten raped alot by ranged

I really 'want' this game to be good. cuz I love offline multiplayer RPG type games (like PSO for gamecube <3333333)

xNIXSONx
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
probably depends on the stats but I've gotten raped alot by ranged

I really 'want' this game to be good. cuz I love offline multiplayer RPG type games (like PSO for gamecube <3333333)

im sure a good amount of people interested in this game want it to be good, its been like 10 yrs in the making or so, if anyones seen those video dairies of this game.

ragesRemorse
I liked the demo. The combat is simple dungeon crawler action (with a few new tricks) but the customization and leveling seems deep enough to please almost any RPG fan. I'm still not sold on the control though and as samas said, the camera does seem as though it could get annoying, further on in the game. It seems fun enough, but the demo did disappoint me a bit. Although, i'm sure i was just expecting to much.

Outbound
Downloading demo now..

Kapton JAC
The demo was enjoyable, but nothing special. It'd probably be a good game, but not one you would want to pay nearly $60 for.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Kapton JAC
The demo was enjoyable, but nothing special. It'd probably be a good game, but not one you would want to pay nearly $60 for.

Spartan005
The demo was ok... I just hated how every 10 seconds it seemed like I was gaining a weapon, piece of armor or level, which all require you to go into your inventory to select and just got really irritating after a while. When the demo was over I think I put as much time into the pause menu as I did playing the actual game.

Smasandian
I liked that about it.

Its all about the loot. People have been comparing it to Diablo when it comes to loot gathering.

ragesRemorse
yeah, from playing the demo the game doesnt seem any different from any other dungeon crawler. That's not a bad thing though. Im curious to see how the online multiplayer plays.

Nemesis X
Haven't heard much about this game. Is it a strategy game? If it is, I don't want it because after playing strategy games like Universe at War, I've hated them ever since.

DX5
If you have Xbox Live, you can download the demo from the marketplace, for free.

But you probably already know this.

xNIXSONx
The review is up at IGN, they gave it a 7.8 i believe.

"Amidst impossible expectations, a decent experience"
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/899/899826p1.html

Smasandian
1up gave it shit though.

xNIXSONx
Originally posted by Smasandian
1up gave it shit though.

thats a bummer

IGN - 7.8/10
1UP - C -
Gamepro - 4/5

getting some mixed reviews for this game...

BackFire
Gamespot gave it a 5.5

Smasandian
As said before, your going to see alot of mixed reviews of this game.

Nactous
X-Play 4/5

General Kaliero
Simply put, Too Human is neither as good nor as bad as many have made it out to be. It is a decent buttonless button masher/dungeon crawler with in-depth equipment customization and an interesting new take on classic Norse mythology. The story is not exceptional, but is at least enjoyable.

Overall it's a good, fun game, but far from perfect.

Smasandian
I really liked the setting of the game.

I havnt played it yet (always rented out), but I'm looking forward to it. I enjoyed the demo, thought it was pretty cool.

3/4 quarters of the people who talk shit about this game already made their minds up before it was released.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.