Naked Snake VS Solid Snake

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sado22
three stages to the fight:
1. pure h2h combat in an empty room (no makeshift flame throwers mad )
2. they are both given orders to kill the other. they are deployed in a small city, given a knife and a .45 round. the place, however, has lots of your standard MGS weapons: assualt rifles, grenades, smoke grenades, stun grenades, rocket launchers, sniper rifles
3. there are both deployed in a large jungle. same as above when it comes to equipment.

basically first part is h2h. secondly part is Snake vs Solid Snake in MGS1 setting. the last part is Snake vs Solid Snake in MGS3 setting.

who wins?

~Sado

Dark-Jaxx
The first one I would say Naked Snake, but I haven't played MGS4 so I could be wrong.

The second fight Solid Snake, he has more experience in that kinda environment I think.

Third fight Naked Snake for same reason as above.

Superboy Prime
1. I am guessing CQC is included...So I suppose Naked Snake takes it since Solid Snake didn't actually use CQC until he was old.

Now if we are to make an amalgam of Solid Snake in his prime(MGS1/2) with his experience of CQC by the end of MGS4 I'd say Solid Snake takes it with difficulty.

2. David should take a solid 7-8/10.

3. Big Boss definitely takes a naked 7-8/10 since prior to MGS4 Solid Snake didn't have much experience in jungles...he said so himself.

Sado22
well, to make it fair i made both men face each other in their prime. that means Solid Snake of MGS2 and Naked Snake of Portable Ops. the first fight is just plain h2h combat. Solid can fight h2h right? it doesn't have to be CQC. he just has to beat the shite out of Big Boss. sorry i only became a fan of MGS after MGS3 so i haven't played MGS1 and MGS2...or MGS4 for that matter sad

btw, where did he learn CQC in MGS4? confused

agreed. but i remember Jack/John saying something about how he has experience only in urban settings when it comes to sniping. seems to me that he aint no rookie when it comes to city settings. but yes, Solid takes a "solid" win here.

....corny no expression

anyway, agreed. Big Boss takes it.

so over all Big Boss>>Snake shifty

leonheartmm
solid snake is the future. id give em all to solid snake given that both have their maximux attained skill levels and neither suffer from ill health or {in snake's case} advanced aging.

Superboy Prime
I remember Kojima stating in an interview that Solid Snake and Big Boss were equals. However finding that interview will be tough.

DX5
Being Solid > Being Naked

chazmeister
1. Naked Snake, he helped develop CQC, whereas Solid, while he was trained in it, only started using it when he was older.
2. Draw. It is mentioned in the beginning of MGS3 that Naked Snake had experience in fighting in urban environments, and so has Solid Snake
3. Naked Snake, as far as I know Solid Snake has no experience in a jungle.

Superboy Prime
None the less Solid Snake's CQC is top notch.

Naked Snake may have experience in urban settings, but I do believe Solid Snake has more experience, and he has the games and feats to back it up--unlike BB.

kamikz
Since when did knowing CQC > Every other unarmed fighting capabilities in the world?

Oh, and I believe Snake is at his prime in MGS 1 (the Twin Snake's is his strongest performance yet by far). Kojima stated he was as a man in his 50's in MGS2 while he was only 38 years old.
Liquid/Ocelot comments on that as well. "Drowning in time I see, I know what it's like brother" and "the price of physical prodigy, a few more years and you'll be another dead clone of the old man".

I don't think he was quite on par physically with his MGS1 self, and the experience and techniques doesn't seem to be that much different. In MGS1 he pretty much knew what he needed to know.

Btw, Naked Snake's venture into the jungle was his first jungle mission as well. He says he's trained in urban areas, but that doesn't slow him down one bit even in his first mission. Unless this is a later incarnation of Naked Snake like Portable Ops (shouldn't he be called Big Boss in that case?) I don't see him having a MAJOR advantage, especially since neither are given camoflauge. After all, what Naked Snake would've learn't most from those missions is camoflauging and hunting, where only the latter will play a part in the scenario in this case.
And tracking would count as well. SS says that BB was a master of it, but that sure as hell wasn't in Snake Eater. He never utalizes it nor shows any knowledge of it. (Especially since his prior missions were urban one's). So I'd say it's safe to say it that was something he learn't later (like Raiden did, after travelling the world).

I could be wrong though. :/

leonheartmm
zanzibar land was a jungle, i beleive.

Sado22
no point it being solid if you aint naked either big grin

Sado22
Leon, i said both men are in their primes. that means Big Boss of MGSPO and Solid Snake of ... well, whichever one he was in top shape. IIRC it ws MGS1.

Big Boss rules.

supes, when Solid beat Big Boss in MG1, was it h2h or gunfight?

leonheartmm
in MG1, they were going at each other both hand to hand and with weapons{from the cutscenes} but snake beat him by using a makeshift flamethrower out of a lighter and some fluid and burnt him to death in the heta of battle. {u cant see all that much from the actual 2d gameplay mind u}

Sado22
that was MG2. i'm talking about MG1. but thanx anyway, leon.

~Big Boss Sado

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
1. I am guessing CQC is included...So I suppose Naked Snake takes it since Solid Snake didn't actually use CQC until he was old.

Now if we are to make an amalgam of Solid Snake in his prime(MGS1/2) with his experience of CQC by the end of MGS4 I'd say Solid Snake takes it with difficulty.

2. David should take a solid 7-8/10.

3. Big Boss definitely takes a naked 7-8/10 since prior to MGS4 Solid Snake didn't have much experience in jungles...he said so himself.

Old Snake said he knew CQC, but refused to use it because Big Boss created it. It's a codec conversation with Otacon in MGS4, Middle East stage

Urban enviroment could go either way. Jungle however, Big Boss has too great an edge there.

Ha-Son
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Old Snake said he knew CQC, but refused to use it because Big Boss created it. It's a codec conversation with Otacon in MGS4, Middle East stage

Urban enviroment could go either way. Jungle however, Big Boss has too great an edge there.
Agreed.

Superboy Prime
Just for the record Trickster, I knew about that codec conversation.

TricksterPriest
Ok. So if we assume his not using it is just a plot restriction, then shouldn't he have it?

Marvelknight
Originally posted by kamikz
Since when did knowing CQC > Every other unarmed fighting capabilities in the world?

Oh, and I believe Snake is at his prime in MGS 1 (the Twin Snake's is his strongest performance yet by far). Kojima stated he was as a man in his 50's in MGS2 while he was only 38 years old.
Liquid/Ocelot comments on that as well. "Drowning in time I see, I know what it's like brother" and "the price of physical prodigy, a few more years and you'll be another dead clone of the old man".

I don't think he was quite on par physically with his MGS1 self, and the experience and techniques doesn't seem to be that much different. In MGS1 he pretty much knew what he needed to know.

Btw, Naked Snake's venture into the jungle was his first jungle mission as well. He says he's trained in urban areas, but that doesn't slow him down one bit even in his first mission. Unless this is a later incarnation of Naked Snake like Portable Ops (shouldn't he be called Big Boss in that case?) I don't see him having a MAJOR advantage, especially since neither are given camoflauge. After all, what Naked Snake would've learn't most from those missions is camoflauging and hunting, where only the latter will play a part in the scenario in this case.
And tracking would count as well. SS says that BB was a master of it, but that sure as hell wasn't in Snake Eater. He never utalizes it nor shows any knowledge of it. (Especially since his prior missions were urban one's). So I'd say it's safe to say it that was something he learn't later (like Raiden did, after travelling the world).

I could be wrong though. :/
That is a possibility. As for this battle.

1 Solid 5.5/10
2 Solid 7/10
3 Solid 6/10

Solid Snake was created to be better than Big Boss. And for the most part he is. Big Boss is the co creator of CQC so he is much batter than Snake in that area. And Naked Snake showed his tracking skills during his battle with The End.

Sado22
not really. carrying John's dominant genes doesn't make him superior to John. Kojima himself stated that they are equals. on top of that, CQC or not, Big Boss pretty much could've shot him if he wanted to in the MGS4 ending. he took the gun off him didn't he?

i think that John will pwn Solid in the jungle settings with an easy 7/10 if not 8/10.

~Sado

Marvelknight
Originally posted by Sado22
not really. carrying John's dominant genes doesn't make him superior to John. Kojima himself stated that they are equals. on top of that, CQC or not, Big Boss pretty much could've shot him if he wanted to in the MGS4 ending. he took the gun off him didn't he?

i think that John will pwn Solid in the jungle settings with an easy 7/10 if not 8/10.

~Sado
Wrong. The Patriots wanted to create the most powerful solider ever. That was their intent. Solidus, Liquid, and Solid are super soldiers. in the late 90's Snake already put Big Boss down two times. Outer Heaven and Zanzibar Land were much bigger than Volgin's military base in 1964. In 1970 Big Boss recruited the soldiers from an Colombia base, to down FOX. Solid took on far worse without an army on his side. The Cobra Unit and Fox don't compare to FOX-HOUND. Snake took out MG TX 55, MG D, and MG Rex (Metal Gar Rex >>>>> Shagohod or MG Rexxa). After Shadow Moses. Snake with the help from Octocon. They destroyed more Metal Gear even before the completion of Arsenal Gear or MG Ray.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Sado22

~Sado

He only took the gun because David offered no resistance at all.

About the jungle...yeah John should win 7-8/10.

CosmicSurfer
Originally posted by Marvelknight

Solid Snake was created to be better than Big Boss. And for the most part he is. Big Boss is the co creator of CQC so he is much batter than Snake in that area. And Naked Snake showed his tracking skills during his battle with The End.

Solid Snake wasn't created to be better than Big Boss. Solid had the inferior genes. While Liquid had the superior genes. No, Solid is good because of his determination and skill, not genetics. At best, he's perhaps Big Boss's equal.

Sado22
ditto.

dude, are you telling me that just cuz Solid has Big Boss's genes, it makes him a supersoldier? wrong. on top of that, Kojima himself said that they are equals. and finally, all those things you've said Solid did, absolutely nothing in the games points to Big Boss being unable to do what Solid can. on top of that, Solid beat an OLD big boss...not the Big Boss in his prime.

~Sado

leonheartmm
^yes but OLD snake did a helluva lot more than old big boss. didnt he? id give it to snake. that is where the stroy leads, snake beats every1. infact the game shud be called "snake beats every1" .

Superboy Prime
Correction...Solid Snake beats every1^.

And lol. The title would pawn. durlaugh

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.