Marvel vs DC: Olympics!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Which side wins in overall medal count? Every event only has 2 contestants, one from Marvel and one from DC. No contestant may compete in more than one event.

Swimming: 10,000,000m Freestyle
- Namor (Marvel)
- Aquaman (DC)

Archery: Distance will keep increasing until one contestant misses target
- Bullseye (Marvel)
- Green Arrow (DC)

Boxing: Win by TKO
- Captain America (Marvel)
- Wildcat (DC)

Fencing:
- Nightcrawler (Marvel)
- Ra's Al Ghul (DC)

Gymnastics: Includes floor exercises, parallel bars, pommel horse, rings, and vault
- Daredevil (Marvel)
- Nightwing (DC)

Judo:
- Wolverine (Marvel)
- Batman (DC)

Shot Put: A 100 ton ball will be used
- Thor (Marvel)
- Black Adam (DC)

Track: Race in a light-construct tunnel across the universe (Flying allowed)
- Silver Surfer (Marvel)
- Flash/Wally (DC)

Weightlifting: Weight will be added until one contestant can no longer bear the load
- Hulk (Marvel)
- Superman (DC)

Wrestling: Greco-Roman style
- Hercules (Marvel)
- Wonder Woman (DC)

Priest
Batman would beat Wolerine. In a competive Judo match Bruce would score better.

Thor beats Black Adam. Thor has tons more impressive strength feats.

The Hulk beats Superman due to the fact that the Hulk would amp his strength as weight is added, tho Superman is initially stronger.

Silver Surfer beat flash, he as consistly shown better speed feats than flash, and Norrin has flown to the end of the Universe.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Priest
Batman would beat Wolerine. In a competive Judo match Bruce would score better.

Thor beats Black Adam. Thor has tons more impressive strength feats.

The Hulk beats Superman due to the fact that the Hulk would amp his strength as weight is added, tho Superman is initially stronger.

Silver Surfer beat flash, he as concomitant show better speed feats than flash, and Norrin has flown to the end of the Universe.
I contend that Flash is faster than Surfer. Flash has run to the end of time and beat instantaneous travel.

I'd say BA beats Thor. BA is as strong as superman. Thor is NOT.

And The HUlk Superman thing really depends on the initial weight. If the weight is so far out of hulk's class, then Superman would win as the hulk would collapse. He needs time to build up and anger.

Priest
Originally posted by fangirl101
I contend that Flash is faster than Surfer. Flash has run to the end of time and beat instantaneous travel.

I'd say BA beats Thor. BA is as strong as superman. Thor is NOT.

And The HUlk Superman thing really depends on the initial weight. If the weight is so far out of hulk's class, then Superman would win as the hulk would collapse. He needs time to build up and anger.
Surfer has bent time and space with his speed, time traveled and traveled across the universe already..

BA can not lift more than Superman nor is as strong as supermanno expression
Thor has more strength feats and matched strength with mindless hulk for 1 hour straight. He's stronger than BA.

I never seen the initial weight for weight lifting would be so much that and athlete in the Olympics couldn't lift. Just trying to say the initial weight shouldn't be nothing that The Hulk can't muscle out. He'll beat Superman under these stipulations imo.

fangirl101
Surfer has bent time and space with his speed, time traveled and traveled across the universe already..

Thor has more strength feats and matched strength with mindless hulk for 1 hour straight. He's stronger than BA.

I never seen the initial weight for weight lifting would be so much that and athlete in the Olympics couldn't lift. Just trying to say the initial weight shouldn't be nothing that The Hulk can't muscle out. He'll beat Superman under these stipulations imo.
You actually think Thor is stronger than BA. There is NOTHING else to discuss. BA is the equal of CM. CM is the equal of Superman. do the math.

[EC] Icarus II
Swimming - Aquaman
Archery - Green Arrow
Boxing - Captain America
Fencing - Ra's al Ghul
Gymnastics - Daredevil
Judo - Batman
Shot Put - Black Adam
Track - Flash
Weightlifting - Hulk
Wrestling - Wonder Woman

TricksterPriest
The Thor-BA thing I'm not getting into.

but Surfer is not faster than Flash. no And he does not have better speed feats.

Priest
You actually think Thor is stronger than BA. There is NOTHING else to discuss. BA is the equal of CM. CM is the equal of Superman. do the math.
Wtf?
Has BA matched strength with Superman?
Anyways that that ABC logic fails on every level involving comics.
Does Rulk>MOLECULE MAN>Uatu>Aron(Watcher)>Thor?

Enlighten me of some BA lifting feats that rival Thor plz.

fangirl101
Wtf?
Has BA matched strength with Superman?
Anyways that that ABC logic fails on every level involving comics.
Does Rulk>MOLECULE MAN>Uatu>Aron(Watcher)>Thor?

Enlighten me of some BA lifting feats that rival Thor plz.
Your attempt at being smart would work if we were comparing characters. We are not. We are comparing one aspect of charcters. Strength is the same. ABC logic does not work when comparing Charcters who will bring with them experience, power SETS, skill, and personality.

h1a8

You are silly for even saying that Thor is stronger than BA. Read more about BA and CM.

And show me where SS traveled across the universe under his own power.

Priest
Your attempt at being smart would work if we were comparing characters. We are not. We are comparing one aspect of charcters. Strength is the same. ABC logic does not work when comparing Charcters who will bring with them experience, power SETS, skill, and personality.
Using Captain Marvel to compare Superman and Black Adam is prettty weak and stupid considering Supes and CA has nothing to do with Thor and BA.

Seriously show me a STRENGTH FEAT that puts Black Adam over Thor.

Originally posted by h1a8
You are silly for even saying that Thor is stronger than BA. Read more about BA and CM.

And show me where SS traveled across the universe under his own power.
Your welcome to fill me in on strength feats tha BA has. Please don't give me examples of CA or Superman showings.

Surfer travels to the other side of the Universe
http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/7020/ssenslavers06vb5.jpg

Bouboumaster
Swimming: Aquaman (God I hate him)

Archery: Bulleyes. The dude never miss! big grin

Boxing: Captain America

Fencing: Ol' Ra's

Gymnastics: I go with Nightwing. Daredevil is great, but his power, if I remember, doesn't upgrade his agiliy, only his dexterity, right? Nightwing is a great athlete.

Judo: Wolverine. He's shorter, heavyer (thanks to the adamentium skeleton), stronger, and happen to have century of experience under the belt. He's not a god adversery to the Bat. However, in a "karate" fight, I would give it to Wayne.

Shot put: NO WAY that Black Adams can match Thor feats. Sorry Fangirl, but you are wrong there.

Track: Silver Surfer.

Weightlifting: Hulk. The madder he gets...

Greco-Roman Wrestling: Hercules, obiously.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Swimming: Aquaman (God I hate him)

Archery: Bulleyes. The dude never miss! big grin

Boxing: Captain America

Fencing: Ol' Ra's

Gymnastics: I go with Nightwing. Daredevil is great, but his power, if I remember, doesn't upgrade his agiliy, only his dexterity, right? Nightwing is a great athlete.

Judo: Wolverine. He's shorter, heavyer (thanks to the adamentium skeleton), stronger, and happen to have century of experience under the belt. He's not a god adversery to the Bat. However, in a "karate" fight, I would give it to Wayne.

Shot put: NO WAY that Black Adams can match Thor feats. Sorry Fangirl, but you are wrong there.

Track: Silver Surfer.

Weightlifting: Hulk. The madder he gets...

Greco-Roman Wrestling: Hercules, obiously.
You do realize that throwing something has as much to do with how fast you can swing your arm as it does your strength right. BA is FASTER than thor.

Aztec123
Marvel is only taking three at most.
Fencing, Boxing and Judo.

spetznaz
Originally posted by Starscream M
Which side wins in overall medal count? Every event only has 2 contestants, one from Marvel and one from DC. No contestant may compete in more than one event.

- Namor (Marvel)
- Aquaman (DC)

- Bullseye (Marvel)
- Green Arrow (DC)

- Wildcat (DC)

Fencing:
- Nightcrawler (Marvel)
- Ra's Al Ghul (DC)

Gymnastics: Includes floor exercises, parallel bars, pommel horse, rings, and vault
- Daredevil (Marvel)
- Nightwing (DC)

Judo:
- Wolverine (Marvel)
- Batman (DC)

- Thor (Marvel)
- Black Adam (DC)

- Silver Surfer (Marvel)
- Flash/Wally (DC)

Weightlifting: Weight will be added until one contestant can no longer bear the load
- Hulk (Marvel)
- Superman (DC)

- Hercules (Marvel)
- Wonder Woman (DC)

Good thread.

On swimming it is as the rest have said: AQUAMAN.

On archery it is important to note that it is not an accuracy contest. Both contenders are 100% accurate and will not miss. What it is is a STRENGTH contest, since the targets will continue to be further and further until one person misses. That miss will be due to the distance being too far away, and thus the winner would have to be the person who can shoot further not who can shoot more accurately (since both are, as mentioned, perfectly accurate). I'd have to give that to the Green Arrow since not only does he have far greater experience with a bow, his personal bow has been stated as having a very powerful draw (indicating years of pulling a very difficult bow to draw). GREEN ARROW.

On Boxing the winner will be CAPTAIN AMERICA. While Wildcat is a better boxer in terms of skill sets, Captain America would have the super-soldier-serum going for him (look at how CA defeated Iron Fist for instance ....IF was the better martial artist, but the SSS simply made CA too 'perfect' even though his skill was not as good. On the same, look at how Deathstroke beat up Batman). Although, after the win Captain America would then be banned and disqualified (and the win given to WILD CAT) after the Olympic committee found traces of the SS serum in Captain, which would fall under doping and illegal substances.

Fencing would go to Nightcrawler. Reason is that even though Ras is a better swordsman, NC actually has an extra appendage and can use obtuse angles of attack.

Gymnastics would be a good contest, with the winner being Nightwing by a technicality. Both of them would be 100% flawless, and would be tied with 10s across the board .....that is until Nightwing decides to do that one move that only himself and his parents were able to do, making the judges weep uncontrollably. Daredevil would also attempt it, and also do it perfectly, but that would irritate the judges who watched the Grayson family plunge to their death ('is Murdock trying to copy the Graysons????'), and since gymanastic judging is highly subjective you would find Daredevil get a 9.8 instead of the 10.0 Grayson gets. Thus NIGHTWING wins (and if you have watched any Olympic gymnastic event you know that is EXACTLY how it would turn out .....too subjective).

Judo is hard. Batman is the obvious choice in terms of technical skill, but Logan is also very good at martial arts and has a very low center of gravity. The winner should be Logan, but then one has to realize that in Olympic judo all the participants are so good in terms of technical skill that it almost always comes down to strength rather than leverage (compare a university Judo match, which has a lot of skill, with an olympic judo match, where the participants are so highly skilled that no one can get leverage on the other, and thus it boils down to strength). BATMAN wins, because someone who karate chops and kicks ENTIRE TREES can throw a Canadian dwarf across the room.

Shot put: Not touching that.

Race: This is one that would be impossible to judge. The Surfer would obviously blast forth at several magnitudes faster than C, while the Flash would simulateneously do the same. The fact that both are doing the impossible ....objects with mass moving faster than the speed of light ....would lead to the breakdown of the four main forces of physics, leading to an event horizon. Anyways, to all observers present, the two runners/flyers will seem to have arrived at the same exact moment, and they will both arrive BEFORE they left due to the collapse of time around them. Winner: FLASH AND SILVER SURFER.

Weightlifting is another interesting one. The winner will be BOTH Hulk and Superman. Reason is that even though the Hulk can increase his strength as he gets angrier, Superman can also amp his strength by sheer will. If he needs to do something he does it. However, the reason they tie is because long before their upper limits are neared, the location in which they stand will literally break apart. Even if they were on a small moon, it would shatter long before the upper limits of either was achieved.

Wrestling: Hmmmm ....no need to touch this one. Whoever wins wouldn't matter match ....what would matter is that it would be the most watched event of all. Both would get honorary gold medals.

occultdestroyer
Superman clearly wins in weightlifting.
I can't think of anyone else who could lift 200 quintillion tons.

Priest
That was Allstar Superman.

occultdestroyer
That was Allstar Superman.
So? It's still Supes nonetheless.

Priest
With 2 completely different powersets.

Starscream M
With 2 completely different powersets. but they said he was only lifting 3 - 6 times more than he normally does

so normal supes could lift about 40 quintillion tons

Priest
but they said he was only lifting 3 - 6 times more than he normally does

so normal supes could lift about 40 quintillion tons
Who's "they" and where was this stated?

Endrict Nuul
Who's "they" and where was this stated?

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x296/acewasp23/as1xf1.jpg

Like he said where??

Starscream M
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x296/acewasp23/as1xf1.jpg

Like he said where?? 'your strength has tripled'

isn't that in comparison to before Superman became all-star?

Priest
'your strength has tripled'

isn't that in comparison to before Superman became all-star?
Who knows really, its pretty much an ambiguous statement.
I'm not even sure if All Star fits into continuity.

Endrict Nuul
Anyways, Allstar is not in this thread.

janus77
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Superman clearly wins in weightlifting.
I can't think of anyone else who could lift 200 quintillion tons.
actually, that's precisely the reason why Superman would lose to Hulk.
you can, eventually, measure the limits of Superman's strength.
the Hulk's is truly immeasurable and infinite.

The Leader (and Samson once too) attempted to measure The Hulk's strength and found it immeasurable, The Beyonder analysed The Hulk and found him to be as infinite as himself (The Beyonder)...

there's an awful lot of quintillions in infinity smile

Priest
Your debating against the wrong character....

comicfan11
Swimming - Aquaman (No contest)

Archery - Green Arrow (Bullseye is better overall but GA excels at archery)

Boxing - Skill goes to Wildcat but Cap is a meta...Can't decide but probably the steroid-full character, due to stamina and speed

Fencing - Ra's al Ghul (Kurt can teleport but in this case he can only teleport in a straight line and Ra's is good enough to see that coming. Plus Kurt can only use one sword-no tails and stuff. NC is good but Ra's is a master)

Gymnastics - Can't decide maybe Nightwing who is an actual athlete.

Judo - Batman (I guess they won't use claws and gadgets so in a purely physical match Bats is bigger and more clever-He has chopped down trees and taken foes like Croc and Armored Azrael before so yeah he can take Logan)

Shot Put - Draw (I can't decide who is stronger as Thos has some very amazing feats himself but BA certainly is faster. Thor on the other hand has spent centuries throwing that hammer so he can take it due to skill)

Track - Flash (I think Flash due to some feats mentioned by other posters on this thread)

Weightlifting - Superman (I'm not convinced that Hulk will get angry enough in time to win this. Plus everybody mentions that Hulk has unlimited strength but there is also no mention about Supes having a limit. And in base strength levels Supes outclasses Hulk)

Wrestling - Hercules (WW is skilled in more styles but Herc excels in wrestling plus he is bigger and has fought faster opponents before)

OneDumbG0
Green Arrow does not beat Hawkeye in archery. Hell no. I haven't seen Green Arrow pull off the level of insane trick shots that Hawkeye performed in his solo series:

Originally posted by Disappear
in issues 1-6 of the hawkeye series, he performs a number of feats i'd love dearly to scan, including but not limited to:

issue 1
-causing a bar-wide series of minor events which lead to his quarry falling to his knees, simply by flinging a spoon at a woman's drink. using a hair-tie as the bow.
- flicking a bottle cap straight up into the air, then catching it again on his unmoved thumb. then repeating.
- tossing a deck of playing cards, one at a time, from at least 2-3 stories up and causing them to land in a perfectly neat stack at the end of the diving board below.
- continually performing a tiger woods-style ball juggling trick from the golf clubhouse out to the tenth hole. then smacking the ball out of midair and into someone's face.

issue 2
- he shot an arrow, through the woods, into the muzzle of a rifle.
- caused another chain reaction, shooting out a tree branch to make a squirrel panic and attack a man, who then accidentally smacked his friend in the face with the butt of his rifle.
- throwing his cards 52 pickup style, barton rolled under them, armed himself with his bow, and picked out the three of hearts, which he then shot and pinned to the wall. his diving board trick ended with the two of hearts, so it's possible the guy's just going in sequence.
- disabling an attacking butler with a glass of lemonade, tossed behind him, to the face; followed by a kick which left a welt for days to come. the butler dropped his billy club after being struck, which landed in another glass of lemonade which splashed all over some ***** clint didn't quite care for. he said it was the closest he could get to spitting in her face.
- from memory, drawing a vietnamese dragon which he'd seen tattooed on a man days earlier. the tattoo artist who saw the drawing referred to clint as a rembrandt. this is a guy who has shelves and shelves of books filled with art on his wall. this would be a damn hard guy to impress.

issue 3
- knocking out three "third generation bay of pigs losers" within a cramped elevator. they were said to be "born angry. piss and venom passed down like inheritance." then he bundled them up and tossed them onto the hood of a car.
- then he shot an arrow into the muzzle of a pistol.
- then he used three trick arrows to disable the three recovered thugs, who were positioned behind him. he shot forward.

issue 4
- set up another elaborate domino effect, in which a thrown ashtray would knock over a precariously-poised broom, which would wrap around an unhooked telephone, causing it to flip and knock a salt shaker off the counter, crashing it into a now-deceased woman's hand to disarm her. sadly, another player in this sick game caused the woman, a stripper, to misfire and be killed by the ricochet.
- firing a blunt-tipped arrow from at least 100 yards away, knocking out a guard, then firing again and breaking the light of a lamp deeper within the room. then firing four more arrows, which pinned the collar of a man to the chair he sat in.
- tossing a stapler across the room and into bailey's open mouth. he did this hoping to stop bailey from accessing the hollowed-out tooth filled with cyanide those in "the unity" had implanted. bailey had had his removed, however.

issue 5
- along with two vietnam vets, clint hikes through the jungles of laos. he's the only one who realizes, very nonchalantly, that they're being followed by "too many" snipers. "too many's just enough to make it a fair fight."
- firing a single, photonic arrow into the air. that might not sound impressive, but what is impressive is that he fired it so that it would explode, mimicking the exact position of the sun on february ninth, 1967 at 4:44 pm. he figured it out. "okay, february 9th, 2007 -- calculate Earth's rotation -- axis drift -- crap -- me the math major." this shot is referred to, using clint's mentor's lingo, as "the high, hard shaft." the impossible shot. the "fake sun" his arrow created triggered a light-activated lock on a temple in laos, causing it to open as it would for ten minutes only once every forty years.

issue 6
- using his various arrows, hawkeye single-handedly takes down no less than fifty sniping archers. some of whom he didn't even look at. one archer, hidden no less than one hundred yards away and concealed in a grove of trees, was disabled when a single shot from hawkeye snapped his bow like a twig.
- after the "big secret" was stolen, hawkeye tracked down its whereabouts using a thirty-year-old record of payment to a hong kong art dealer.
- blackmailing a virtually invulnerable vet into helping him, despite this man having stolen the "big secret" only a week prior. earlier, hawkeye had threatened him, saying "i have thirty-three arrows left, and you only have two eyes. next time -- and there will be a next time -- don't think for a second that i can't hurt you." now, hawkeye's threat goes as such: "i destroy the column now and you get nothing. or you help me take down belinda and you get to look in the mirror again." it was both literal and figurative...
- despite his religious beliefs, clint destroys the "big secret," using sonic vibrations to destroy the grout holding the thousands of tiles in place. those arrows are mighty fancy.

the "big secret" in this arc was a column, covered in tiles which depicted an image of jesus christ offering salvation to the people of laos. the temple was erected to protect the outside world from this secret, as it would act not only as a beacon of hope to christians, but could cause incredible turmoil in the religions not based around christ. hawkeye's decision to destroy it showed respect for that principle, and conviction in denying the world something that would prove holy to some but disastruous to others.

Priest
Its Bullseye we're talking about...

Bardock42

DC

- Namor (Marvel)
- Aquaman (DC)

Namor

- Bullseye (Marvel)
- Green Arrow (DC)

Green Arrow

- Wildcat (DC)

Captain America

Fencing:
- Nightcrawler (Marvel)
- Ra's Al Ghul (DC)

Ra's Al Ghul

- Daredevil (Marvel)
- Nightwing (DC)

Daredevil

Judo:
- Wolverine (Marvel)
- Batman (DC)

Batman

- Thor (Marvel)
- Black Adam (DC)

Black Adam

- Silver Surfer (Marvel)
- Flash/Wally (DC)

Flash

- Hulk (Marvel)
- Superman (DC)

Hulk

- Hercules (Marvel)
- Wonder Woman (DC)

Wonder Woman

Grinning Goku

- Namor (Marvel)
- Aquaman (DC)

- Bullseye (Marvel)
- Green Arrow (DC)

- Wildcat (DC)

Fencing:
- Nightcrawler (Marvel)
- Ra's Al Ghul (DC)

- Daredevil (Marvel)
- Nightwing (DC)

Judo:
- Wolverine (Marvel)
- Batman (DC)

- Thor (Marvel)
- Black Adam (DC)

- Silver Surfer (Marvel)
- Flash/Wally (DC)

- Hulk (Marvel)
- Superman (DC)

- Hercules (Marvel)
- Wonder Woman (DC)

First event goes to Aquman.

Second event goes to Bullseye.

Third event goes to Cap.

Fourth event goes to Ra's.

Fifth event is a tough one. I think either could take it though I'm more inclined to say Matt.

Judo: Batman

Shot Put: Thor

Race: Norrin

Weightlifting: Superman

Wrestling: Wonder Woman

DC wins.

DestinyGuy678
I would say superman beats hulk in weight lifting simply because it requires a leel of intelligence and form too, onc eyou start getting to those upper weights (with hulk having nothing to MAKE him angry...its not like the weights killed his family or anything) itll come down to perfect form and execution which superman should be able to beat hulk in

janus77
lol, you realise it doesn't take anger to make Hulk stronger, that's just a convenient short-hand for saying that it is his mental/emotional state that affects how powerful he becomes.

anger is the usual one, but stress alone is sufficient, like say a mountain range falling on top of you from out of nowhere or a planet falling apart in front of you requiring you to dive into molten lava and then grab the tectonic plates and force the planet back together.

anyway, you're perfectly entitled to your opinion, I'm just addressing that slight misconception smile

DestinyGuy678
Originally posted by janus77
lol, you realise it doesn't take anger to make Hulk stronger, that's just a convenient short-hand for saying that it is his mental/emotional state that affects how powerful he becomes.

anger is the usual one, but stress alone is sufficient, like say a mountain range falling on top of you from out of nowhere or a planet falling apart in front of you requiring you to dive into molten lava and then grab the tectonic plates and force the planet back together.

anyway, you're perfectly entitled to your opinion, I'm just addressing that slight misconception smile ...ok...but the weight arent falling on top of him either confused

janus77
Originally posted by DestinyGuy678
...ok...but the weight arent falling on top of him either confused
I'm not so sure, imagine if one of the weights just slipped off the bar and fell on his toe?
that kinda thing's very likely to make a man angry, and you wouldn't like him when he's angry (unless you don't like him when he's calm either, in which case ... run!)

Metalmanx
Originally posted by spetznaz
Good thread.

On archery it is important to note that it is not an accuracy contest. Both contenders are 100% accurate and will not miss. What it is is a STRENGTH contest, since the targets will continue to be further and further until one person misses. That miss will be due to the distance being too far away, and thus the winner would have to be the person who can shoot further not who can shoot more accurately (since both are, as mentioned, perfectly accurate). I'd have to give that to the Green Arrow since not only does he have far greater experience with a bow, his personal bow has been stated as having a very powerful draw (indicating years of pulling a very difficult bow to draw). GREEN ARROW.

On Boxing the winner will be CAPTAIN AMERICA. While Wildcat is a better boxer in terms of skill sets, Captain America would have the super-soldier-serum going for him (look at how CA defeated Iron Fist for instance ....IF was the better martial artist, but the SSS simply made CA too 'perfect' even though his skill was not as good. On the same, look at how Deathstroke beat up Batman). Although, after the win Captain America would then be banned and disqualified (and the win given to WILD CAT) after the Olympic committee found traces of the SS serum in Captain, which would fall under doping and illegal substances.

Fencing would go to Nightcrawler. Reason is that even though Ras is a better swordsman, NC actually has an extra appendage and can use obtuse angles of attack.

Gymnastics would be a good contest, with the winner being Nightwing by a technicality. Both of them would be 100% flawless, and would be tied with 10s across the board .....that is until Nightwing decides to do that one move that only himself and his parents were able to do, making the judges weep uncontrollably. Daredevil would also attempt it, and also do it perfectly, but that would irritate the judges who watched the Grayson family plunge to their death ('is Murdock trying to copy the Graysons????'), and since gymanastic judging is highly subjective you would find Daredevil get a 9.8 instead of the 10.0 Grayson gets. Thus NIGHTWING wins (and if you have watched any Olympic gymnastic event you know that is EXACTLY how it would turn out .....too subjective).

Judo is hard. Batman is the obvious choice in terms of technical skill, but Logan is also very good at martial arts and has a very low center of gravity. The winner should be Logan, but then one has to realize that in Olympic judo all the participants are so good in terms of technical skill that it almost always comes down to strength rather than leverage (compare a university Judo match, which has a lot of skill, with an olympic judo match, where the participants are so highly skilled that no one can get leverage on the other, and thus it boils down to strength). BATMAN wins, because someone who karate chops and kicks ENTIRE TREES can throw a Canadian dwarf across the room.

Race: This is one that would be impossible to judge. The Surfer would obviously blast forth at several magnitudes faster than C, while the Flash would simulateneously do the same. The fact that both are doing the impossible ....objects with mass moving faster than the speed of light ....would lead to the breakdown of the four main forces of physics, leading to an event horizon. Anyways, to all observers present, the two runners/flyers will seem to have arrived at the same exact moment, and they will both arrive BEFORE they left due to the collapse of time around them. Winner: FLASH AND SILVER SURFER.

Weightlifting is another interesting one. The winner will be BOTH Hulk and Superman. Reason is that even though the Hulk can increase his strength as he gets angrier, Superman can also amp his strength by sheer will. If he needs to do something he does it. However, the reason they tie is because long before their upper limits are neared, the location in which they stand will literally break apart. Even if they were on a small moon, it would shatter long before the upper limits of either was achieved.

Wrestling: Hmmmm ....no need to touch this one. Whoever wins wouldn't matter match ....what would matter is that it would be the most watched event of all. Both would get honorary gold medals.

thumb up

Although I disagree on a couple of your opinions, I still can't deny the greatness of this post. Great explanations, spetz. big grin

Metalmanx
And what's with all the Daredevil hate? I think DD takes Nightwing in the gymnastics competition.

Endrict Nuul
"and thus it boils down to strength). BATMAN wins"

HUH? when did Batman become stronger than Logan?

DestinyGuy678
Originally posted by janus77
I'm not so sure, imagine if one of the weights just slipped off the bar and fell on his toe?
that kinda thing's very likely to make a man angry, and you wouldn't like him when he's angry (unless you don't like him when he's calm either, in which case ... run!) they have clips to make sure that doesnt happen haha

jalek moye
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
"and thus it boils down to strength). BATMAN wins"

HUH? when did Batman become stronger than Logan?
never

Sin I AM
- Namor (Marvel)
- Aquaman (DC)
Which Aquaman is it? if it is classic then orin takes it, if it's current then Namor

- Bullseye (Marvel)
- Green Arrow (DC)
Green Arrow this is his expertise

- Wildcat (DC)

Captain America and only because he is a metahuman

Fencing:
- Nightcrawler (Marvel)
- Ra's Al Ghul (DC)

Nightcrawler takes this imo

- Daredevil (Marvel)
- Nightwing (DC)

Tie

Judo:
- Wolverine (Marvel)
- Batman (DC)

leave this alone

- Thor (Marvel)
- Black Adam (DC)

Thor, i mean he throws a hammer 4 a living

- Silver Surfer (Marvel)
- Flash/Wally (DC)

Flash

- Hulk (Marvel)
- Superman (DC)

Hulk

- Hercules (Marvel)
- Wonder Woman (DC)

Hercules

WrathfulDwarf
Why is SS in Tracking?

Flying shouldn't even allowed.

Use Quicksilver or the SPEED FREEK!

(Like if they have a chance agaisn't The Flash)

Sin I AM
Should use runner

h1a8
Using Captain Marvel to compare Superman and Black Adam is prettty weak and stupid considering Supes and CA has nothing to do with Thor and BA.

Seriously show me a STRENGTH FEAT that puts Black Adam over Thor.

Your welcome to fill me in on strength feats tha BA has. Please don't give me examples of CA or Superman showings.

Surfer travels to the other side of the Universe
http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/7020/ssenslavers06vb5.jpg

Like I said under his own power . The scan shows him using stars and black holes to travel.

And BA possesses the same power as CM. But I believe Superman is stronger than BA since I believe he is stronger than CM. Most say Superman and CM are equals but I know better. Superman has superior mental blocks that greatly limits his true potential. That is why he can fight with beings that have only 100,000 ton strength like they are equals. He doesn't want to kill them. So you may have a point in that there is no proof that BA is stronger than Thor.

Placidity
Originally posted by spetznaz
Good thread.

Have I ever told you how much I love you? (Several times)

Oh how I wish you were there to debate in the pathetic Bob Lee Swagger vs Mr 47 thread (now closed), with a name like Spetsnaz, I'm sure you would've demolished the Swagger backer.

Anyway... I disagree with your point about the archery contest. The bow string can only be stretched so much before it exceeds its elastic limit and reaching ultimate failure. With that in mind, I'm sure both Bulleye and GA are strong enough to pull it back to its maximum limit, eliminating strength as a factor for this particular contest. That said we also don't know what type of bow Bullseye will have. In a contest where distance is the major factor, I'm sure the IOC will make well sure that contestants are equipped with similarly capable bows!

IMO, Bullseye while accurate, doesn't have alot (or any?) feats that show he is just as capable at vast distances (hundreds of meters/Km?). He ain't beating Green Arrow at his own game...

So I guess we arrived at the same conclusion, but its the journey that counts!

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by jrodslam
More Bullseye love.

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/6303/daredevilthetargetbk01182qe.th.jpghttp://img88.imageshack.us/img88/2738/daredevilthetargetbk01198dr.th.jpghttp://img88.imageshack.us/img88/5425/daredevilthetargetbk01208ll.th.jpg

IMO, that particular fight is very very close. And I'm giving it to Olly only because it's his specialty. Bullseye might pull out the win if he exploits his bone structure.

ultimatethor
Swimming- Aquaman

Archery- Id give it to bullseye

Boxing- Cap

Fencing- Ras Alghul if teleporting is not allowed

Shot put- Thor

gymnastics- Basically a tie. The judges will be too dumbfounded by the amazing routines to pick a winner.

Track- IMO, SS has the better feats so he wins.

Weight lifting- Hulk, His base strength as WWH is on supermans level and will only continue to grow.

Wrestling- Hercules

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.