Beijing OLYMPICS 2008

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

vinz07
Its all sports!!!Who will be the Champion?

ragesRemorse
Ive been watching the olympics periodically. A few times during interviews held outside of the birds nest i thought it was morning because it looked so misty. I was later informed that those interviews were not held in the morning but were held during midday and that is the pollution laughing out loud Chinese have lungs of steel, man. I'm betting someone from china will be champion...,that is, if there were a grand champion.

Blax_Hydralisk
The Olympics are boring for the most part imo. Water polo? Other countries thinking they actually have a chance of beating the US in basketball?

nigga please.

vinz07
Good to hear from you guys...Share your thoughts and opinions about this year Beijing Olympics. What's your assessment?

gryphon28
Boring! the Olympics is wonderful and a high honor just being an Olympian I mean seeing the fastest men in the world compete for the title is heart pounding and exciting

Dr. Leg Kick
Mainly watch the Armenians play. Thus far we have 5 medals. Not bad for only having 25 participants.

The Greco and Boxing matches have been good thus far. Can't wait for the Freestyle Wrestling.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by gryphon28
Boring! the Olympics is wonderful and a high honor just being an Olympian I mean seeing the fastest men in the world compete for the title is heart pounding and exciting

You began your post by saying it's boring, then ended it saying it's heart pounding and exciting.

'tis a conundrum!

gryphon28
I was talking about you anyway by the time I was done someone already had a post up

Blax_Hydralisk
Ah, alright. I get what you're saying.

As for it being heart pounding... I dunno. Certain sports can be kind of excitinng, most I find to be boring. But maybe I'm just too sheltered, iono. The only sports I can really get excited watching are American Football and the last quarter of Basketball games.

gryphon28
I run track so seeing the greatest of all time (bolt mainly) running is very exciting I would like to see how fast he can really go because when he won it looked like he was jogging

Blax_Hydralisk
I was almost on a track team, in Shot put. I was pretty shnazzy too.

But, grades. sad

gryphon28
I once did have grade problems but it was mainly me not doing my work and getting kicked out of class for non stop talking

I'm a sprinter, I do the horse race

vinz07
I like the way Americans played...I dunno Philippine Team...I hope Manny Pacquioa will play so that we can earn gold too.lol

gryphon28
Who is Manny Pacquioa?

Megs8
Manny "Pacman" Pacqiuao is a Philippine boxer who made excellent records, lately. He was known to beat most mexicans in both lightweight and featherweight division.

vinz07
Who is Manny Pacquioa?

Known as "Pac-Man", He is a Filipino professional boxer. He is currently the WBC Lightweight Champion and the WBC Super Featherweight Champion, and was the former world champion at IBF Super Bantamweight, and WBC Flyweight divisions. He is the first Filipino and Asian boxer to win three then later four world titles in different weight divisions. He took over as the Ring Magazine pound for pound number 1 ranked boxer in the world on June 9, 2008 after Floyd Mayweather, Jr. announced his retirement from boxing. (wikipedia)

gryphon28
Wow, well thanks for the info smile

Strangelove
The judges were unfairly overscoring the Chinese and underscoring the Americans in gymnastics. I saw 10 good examples of these. It's almost blatant.

Blax_Hydralisk
I did as well, sucks pretty bad. That's the thing about the Olympics though. With so many different countries invovled it's bound to be tinkered with to extreme levels.

gryphon28
Didn't USA in womens gymnastics win gold in the all around

vinz07
Why there are so many discrepancies in the Olympics? Chinese wear their mask...they lied to people many times...why is this so?Is there any high-psitioned officials behind them?Any actions from the Olympic Committee?

gryphon28
Did you watch Sonya Richards run the 400 she got a 49.9 she is fast

Some of the Chinese gymnastics women look to young to me

Strangelove
Didn't USA in womens gymnastics win gold in the all around Silver.

But in the individual vault, they gave the Chinese girl a much higher score than they should have, she landed on her knees on the second vault and still averaged above a 15.

lord xyz
Did anyone see that woman who hurt herself on weight lifting and then banged her head trying to walk out the door?

jaden101
Originally posted by lord xyz
Did anyone see that woman who hurt herself on weight lifting and then banged her head trying to walk out the door?

hahaha...yeah i saw that...she started crying after her failed lift and was covering her face when she walking into a wall...it was ****ing hilarious

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=k1l3R4CqXY4&feature=related

Storm
Didn't USA in womens gymnastics win gold in the all around
Originally posted by Strangelove
Silver.

But in the individual vault, they gave the Chinese girl a much higher score than they should have, she landed on her knees on the second vault and still averaged above a 15.
Silver in the women' s team all-around but gold and silver in the women' s individual all-around.

Slay
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
The Olympics are boring for the most part imo. Water polo? Other countries thinking they actually have a chance of beating the US in basketball?

nigga please.
Which would be why Argentina became Olympic champion at basketball in 2004, and Spain becoming World Champion in 2006...

Blax_Hydralisk
PIS. haermm

BruceSkywalker
Shame they won't admit it. Also too bad they won't get their gold ,edal taken away.

Clovie
we have gold big grin

celestialdemon
New bullsh*t controversy. China's He Kexin won the gold medal on uneven bars & USA's Nastia Luikin won silver even though they both got the exact same score. What the hell kind of decision is that? The IOC said it was because even though He's difficulty score was lower, her technical was higher, so she should get it.

So, let me get this straight. The IOC comes up with this new scoring system in order to reward those who attempt a more difficult routine. Now they are going to penalize someone for that very same reason?

Elite Hunter
Some of those female Chinese gymnasts looks like they are just old enough to see a PG13 movie. Isn't there some controversy over that?

With the way the US basketball team dominated their pool they better win the gold.

celestialdemon
Yeah, there is. Two different news media companies in China both had one gymnast as being 14-years-old, being born on January 1st, 1994, and another gymnast's birthday was listed as October 1, 1993, according to a listing of junior competitors from the Zhejiang Province sports administration. The age limit is 16.

Here's a small article about it.

http://current.com/items/ 89214099_chinese_gymnasts_too_young_to_compete_web
_documents_show

DestinyGuy678
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
PIS. haermm laughing

Elite Hunter
The Chinese government is f-in pathetic. What is the point of competing if you have to cheat? And why is the IOC not trying harder to look into this matter? I hope they eventually strip the girl (and maybe the team in the overall finals) of her medal.

Endrict Nuul
The Chinese are a bunch of cheaters and they can get away with it??? BS!!! Now if the America team has a problem DAMN RIGHT!! the Chinese will suspend them or kick them out. But noooooo it can't happen for them because they host the event.. BS!!!

Dr. Leg Kick
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
The Chinese are a bunch of cheaters and they can get away with it??? BS!!! Now if the America team has a problem DAMN RIGHT!! the Chinese will suspend them or kick them out. But noooooo it can't happen for them because they host the event.. BS!!! what about Italy. the Swedish wreslter defeated the Italian yet the decision was for the wrong guy.

Olympics is ALL politics.

gryphon28
Remember that this is one of the only things most country's get together without fighting each other one reason being we are all going up against each other

Dr. Leg Kick
Remember that this is one of the only things most country's get together without fighting each other one reason being we are all going up against each other they are competing. technically it's still fighting for something.

vinz07
this is the common scenario in every competition...(unfair)

superr
Loving the olympics esp the cycling,all credit to the US and China ,but cant believe how well team GB are doing.our best since1920 I can see them bettering Australia and Russias totals by the close.

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by Dr. Leg Kick

Olympics is ALL politics.

Yup!

Slay
Originally posted by superr
Loving the olympics esp the cycling,all credit to the US and China ,but cant believe how well team GB are doing.our best since1920 I can see them bettering Australia and Russias totals by the close.
Britain has always been the biggest cycling country. Sprinting that is, not on the road. I did expect Theo Bos to take home all the medals though. It's a shame, unbeatable for 5 years, but when it really matters he ****s up...

Bicnarok
Wow Argentina stuffed Brazil 3:0 in football semi finals, 2 red cards for brazil. Wish they had shown this game on tv somewhere.

Slay
Originally posted by Bicnarok
Wow Argentina stuffed Brazil 3:0 in football semi finals, 2 red cards for brazil. Wish they had shown this game on tv somewhere.
Argentina - Nigeria final it is then.

Same match as the Under 20 WC-final of 2005. First time the world heard of Lionel Messi. I watched that game in the stadium. Hope this match will be as good.

Storm
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
The Chinese government is f-in pathetic. What is the point of competing if you have to cheat? And why is the IOC not trying harder to look into this matter? I hope they eventually strip the girl (and maybe the team in the overall finals) of her medal.
"The IOC relies on the international federations, who are exclusively responsible for the eligibility of athletes. It' s not the task of the IOC to check every one of the 10,000 athletes,'' according to Jacques Rogge.

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by Storm
"The IOC relies on the international federations, who are exclusively responsible for the eligibility of athletes. It' s not the task of the IOC to check every one of the 10,000 athletes,'' according to Jacques Rogge.

It shouldn't be the IOC's job to look at every single athlete but if there this type of controversy surrounding a gold medalist then I believe they should look into the matter in the interest of fairness.

ultimatethor
Nigeria is in the finals!!!!. But those argentines are pretty gud beating brasil 3-0. Anyhow i think we will win in a tight game. maybe 2-1 or 3-2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.