Zoom vs Thanos.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Philosophía
Straight up fight, no prep, no bfr.

Fight takes place on an indestructible planet.

skyfather
thanos wins

no matter how fast zoom is he aint causing enough lasting damage,also thanos doesnt have to tag him he can just emit a high concentrated gamma radiation burst that would kill anything in a certain radius

Philosophía
Originally posted by skyfather
thanos wins

no matter how fast zoom is he aint causing enough lasting damage,also thanos doesnt have to tag him he can just emit a high concentrated gamma radiation burst that would kill anything in a certain radius

No matter how fast Zoom is he ain't causing lasting damage to Thanos ? That's stretching it.

Him punching Wonder Woman at lightspeed was mentioned to hurt more than Superman punching her. And Zoom can fight at speeds much higher than that if he wants to.

skyfather

bbrem123
thanos wins

i see this method of taking out zoom working very well

Philosophía
im not trying to underestimate zoom punch power but thanos is far more durable than wonderman at taking punishment

Lulz.
My point was about the amount of damage Zoom dished out, not comparing Wonder Woman's durability to Thanos's.

skyfather

Philosophía
lulz???....its simple enough to understand
the amount of punishment wonderwoman recieved would not have the same effect on thanos becuse of his durability

Lulz at missing it for the second time. crylaugh
I was pointing out that Zoom, at a speed which is much smaller than what he is capable of, can deliver punches which are comparable to Superman, thus the amount of damage he would be capable of dealing at much higher speeds is certainly not something that wouldn't put damage on Thanos.

skyfather

Philosophía
lulzmore or less the same as your last post

Unfortunatelly, I had to repeat and detail it a bit more, for you to comprehend.

Assuming of course that Thanos gets time to react and do that. Or that he even considers using it. smile

Heh

skyfather

Nihilist
thanos wins

thanos doesnt have to tag him he can just emit a high concentrated gamma radiation burst that would kill anything in a certain radius

thumb up

llagrok
Oh yeah, Thanos is going to magically catch Zoom off guard with a blast. Zoom could hit him with thousands of posts by that time, easily.

janus77
Thanos didn't do at all well against Runner, Zoom seems to be of similar speeds... I dunno.

then again, Thanos is more than durable enough to take quite a few hits from Zoom... that should provide enough of an opening for Thanos to hit Zoom. it'll only take one good, charged, hit and Zoom will die.

Thanos's shields would definitely prevent Zoom from doing much/any damage (if he has them up from the start) since they're good enough to prevent Thanos from being killed by a fairly angry blast from Galactus.

Galan007
wonder woman stated that zoom's punches hurt more than superman's punches. that being said, her comment regarding zoom's punching power is quite reliable, seeing as how she has actually been punched by supes in the past. anyhow, as good as thanos' durability is, i just don't see him withstanding the thousands of superman-esque punches which could be thrown by zoom in the first few seconds of the battle.

janus77
I'm not so sure that Zoom would get a second nevermind seconds, to punch Thanos. I imagine he'd throw multiple punches but within hundredths/thousandths... of a second, Thanos would either have caught Zoom with a smack or put his shields up. either of those things would mark the end of the fight.

Scoobless
Originally posted by llagrok
Zoom could hit him with thousands of posts by that time, easily.

Surely he'd get banned for multi-posting if he did that.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Galan007
wonder woman stated that zoom's punches hurt more than superman's punches. that being said, her comment regarding zoom's punching power is quite reliable, seeing as how she has actually been punched by supes in the past. anyhow, as good as thanos' durability is, i just don't see him withstanding the thousands of superman-esque punches which could be thrown by zoom in the first few seconds of the battle.
I"m Inclined to say that Zoom could throw Millions of Punches. He actually slows himself down just so people can see and hear him. Even Then it's hard to understand him. Flash once stated that he could hit Zum with a many many IMPs if he wanted to. I"m inclined to believe that the upper tier speedsters can at any time do that to anyone.

Galan007
Originally posted by janus77
I'm not so sure that Zoom would get a second nevermind seconds, to punch Thanos. I imagine he'd throw multiple punches moving at nowhere near his 'max' speed , zoom punched an amazonian 200 times in less than a second. so the word "multiple" is quite an understatement.

but within hundredths/thousandths... of a second, Thanos would either have caught Zoom with a smack or put his shields up. either of those things would mark the end of the fight. first off, you really think thanos is just going to shrug off zoom's punches, and still be in the frame of mind to activate his shields in "hundredths/thousandths of a second?" c'mon.

secondly, zoom has taken blind sided punches from flash without so much as getting knocked down - yet a "smack" from thanos is going to do something? . c'mon.

janus77
the punches at C thing needs to be disregarded for the simple reason that any herald tossing any projectile at Thanos would be equivalent (infinite mass).

I don't think 200 Superman level punches would do much to Thanos, I think that's well within the range of an out to kill Odin blast or an angry Galactus blast.

even if they did rock him, he'd still put his shields up, unless you think Thanos would be KO'd within the first second of the fight?

Thanos' attacks are significantly more powerful than Herald level attacks. imo he could do severe damage with a smack, at the least creating the momentary pause to annihilate Zoom with a follow up attack or to teleport or someother bfr technique or maybe even just put him in containment.

Galan007
the punches at C thing needs to be disregarded for the simple reason that any herald tossing any projectile at Thanos would be equivalent (infinite mass).

I don't think 200 Superman level punches would do much to Thanos, I think that's well within the range of an out to kill Odin blast or an angry Galactus blast. i got this far, then realized there was no reason to read any further. no reason at all. none

psycho gundam
wait a sec, if the speed force negates most of the rules of physics, how can any speedster perform infinite mass punches?

and how come those infinite mass punches don't follow the "for every action, there is an opposite and equal reaction"?

the speed force just cherry picks and pisses on physics

janus77
if Surfer spits at someone, whilst flying at C+ speeds, that spittle will have infinite mass too, for a few seconds.

IMP are just to be ignored, imo.

janus77
i got this far, then realized there was no reason to read any further. no reason at all. none
ok, just for the sake of debate, how strong are "superman level" punches?

what are we talking here, the kind of punches Zoom threw that Flash survived? the kind of punches that DD can take in their multitudes?

Takion
Wheres Quanchi when you need him sad

Mr Marvel
This is nonsense,

Thanos could definitely take his punches as well as Return The Damage, note the battle with his doppelganger created by the Magus to be MORE POWERFUL than the original.
He used his cosmic energy during that battle to boost both his Durability and Striking Force.

BTW he beat the doppelganger then proceeded to transmute his body into a butterfly, which he ate. He did this so that he could regain his lost thirst for knowledge he once had BEFORE the acquisition of the Infinity Gauntlet, and the Omnipotence that it brought.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by Mr Marvel
This is nonsense,

Thanos could definitely take his punches as well as Return The Damage, note the battle with his doppelganger created by the Magus to be MORE POWERFUL than the original.
He used his cosmic energy during that battle to boost both his Durability and Striking Force.

BTW he beat the doppelganger then proceeded to transmute his body into a butterfly, which he ate. He did this so that he could regain his lost thirst for knowledge he once had BEFORE the acquisition of the Infinity Gauntlet, and the Omnipotence that it brought.

THIS.

Thanos's attributes are high as hell, and can be increased at will. Odin referred to Thanos' power as "limitless" and he's been upgraded since then.

all the IMP's and Superman level punches in the world aren't going to do a lot to a guy that hangs out in black holes and comes out with only scratches.

speed alone isn't going to take down thanos.

vlaaad12345
Superman hangs out in double black holes and doesnt even get scratches and a imp would still knock supes for a little loop at the very least.

Mr Marvel
Originally posted by Space M ummy
THIS.

Thanos's attributes are high as hell, and can be increased at will. Odin referred to Thanos' power as "limitless" and he's been upgraded since then.

all the IMP's and Superman level punches in the world aren't going to do a lot to a guy that hangs out in black holes and comes out with only scratches.

speed alone isn't going to take down thanos.

EXACTLY!!!

Space M ummy
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
Superman hangs out in double black holes and doesnt even get scratches and a imp would still knock supes for a little loop at the very least.

Superman can't increase his attributes by thinking about it. Thanos can. Imagine if Superman could "sundip" to boost his strength, speed, power, or durability instantly, and realize that Thanos CAN.

Thanos' shields have EASILY stood up to beings that can one shot a planet (Champ with gem, Thor with gem) or shatter galaxies (Odin) an IMP is well below both of these.

iceman24567
Superman can't increase his attributes by thinking about it. Thanos can. Imagine if Superman could "sundip" to boost his strength, speed, power, or durability instantly, and realize that Thanos CAN.

Thanos' shields have EASILY stood up to beings that can one shot a planet (Champ with gem, Thor with gem) or shatter galaxies (Odin) an IMP is well below both of these. Galaxies? laughing Odin hasn't put out power to destroy Galaxies for a lonnnng time. I doubt the blasts he sent at Thanos were of the Galaxy busting magnitude.

Enyalus
Thanos looked extremely, extremely, poor against The Runner...and that was with, what, 3 infinity gems already in his possession? Zoom is even quicker, and apparently stronger (the whole Superman-level punches thing).

I think Thanos goes down eventually.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by Enyalus
Thanos looked extremely, extremely, poor against The Runner...and that was with, what, 3 infinity gems already in his possession? Zoom is even quicker, and apparently stronger (the whole Superman-level punches thing).

I think Thanos goes down eventually.

eh, the runner has the same abilities thanos does re: amping via cosmic power, and his manipulation of those energies is >>> surfer's.

Runner has a lot more than just speed, plus runner had an infinity gem in that confrontation, increasing his speed to well...infinite levels.

not a poor showing at all, given the circumstances.

Enyalus
I know it wasn't a poor showing. I really think Thanos only has low showings when Squirrel Girl is around. I'm just saying, I don't think he's equipped to deal with incredibly fast beings...and Zoom is faster than most of the Flashes. And Flash > Runner (without gem...maybe with).

Space M ummy
Originally posted by Enyalus
I know it wasn't a poor showing. I really think Thanos only has low showings when Squirrel Girl is around. I'm just saying, I don't think he's equipped to deal with incredibly fast beings...and Zoom is faster than most of the Flashes. And Flash > Runner (without gem...maybe with).

eh, no one's "faster" than runner with the space gem. Per thanos runner was subconciously bending space with it to arrive at places before he even knew he wanted to be there.

it's not even a speed feat- space/time are essentially meaningless with it.

as for runner vs. flash- it's hard to say since there's never been a limit set to runner's speed. there is no speed force in marvel, but runner can easily go many, many MANY times FTL under his own power. at those kinds of speeds (and surfer's been shown to do what...hundreds or thousands of times the speed of light via hyperspace? and runner is faster?) "who's faster" becomes a moot point.

but I'm off topic. you can't compare how Zoom vs. Thanos would do by bringing up runner, since

1.) Zoom is a time manipulator, and runner is sheer speed
2.) Zoom ISN'T virtually indestructible
3.) Zoom doesn't have cosmic energy or psychic manipulation abilities
4.) Zoom isn't running around with an infinity gem

runner would be on a completely different level, imho.

occultdestroyer
SPITE in favor of Zoom.

Since by default KMC rules, both are bloodlusted,
Zoom would be at MAX speed.

He'd punch Thanos a million times before Thanos gets his shields up.
And yes, those punches are stronger than Superman's.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
SPITE in favor of Zoom.

Since by default KMC rules, both are bloodlusted,
Zoom would be at MAX speed.

He'd punch Thanos a million times before Thanos gets his shields up.
And yes, those punches are stronger than Superman's.

not necessarily, since you need to determine:

1.) are thanos' shields typically up by default? with certain other characters (strange, juggernaut) the answer is yes. With Thanos? who knows?

2.) are even superman level punches enough to take out Thanos? he's taken hits from cosmic level beings that are far stronger with little difficulty. Even warrior madness thor (that's thor with strength X10) with the power gem (incalculable) was unable to KO a thanos that had no prep.

2b.) in Zoom's fight with wonderwoman, he hit an amazon 200 times in a second. but yet, that amazon was still alive. I'm willing to bet that generic amazon's durability is nowhere near Thanos' level. an instant KO by Zoom to someone who HAS taken infinite mass attacks (look up "black holes"wink isn't very likely.

3.) Thanos can teleport himself or others with and without tech, and as mentioned before in this thread unleash omnidirectional blasts easily capable of taking out someone of Zoom's durability level.

it's far from open and shut.

occultdestroyer
not necessarily, since you need to determine:

1.) are thanos' shields typically up by default? with certain other characters (strange, juggernaut) the answer is yes. With Thanos? who knows?

2.) are even superman level punches enough to take out Thanos? he's taken hits from cosmic level beings that are far stronger with little difficulty. Even warrior madness thor (that's thor with strength X10) with the power gem (incalculable) was unable to KO a thanos that had no prep.

3.) Thanos can teleport himself or others with and without tech, and as mentioned before in this thread unleash omnidirectional blasts easily capable of taking out someone of Zoom's durability level.

it's far from open and shut.
1. No

2. No, but Zoom punches, which are stronger than Supes punches, can.

3. Since when did Thanos unleash these so-called 'omnidirectional blasts'? For Pete's sake, that's not even in his basic powerset.

And Thanos fans, please stop adding amps to Thanos, since the thread starter never mentioned additional gear for Thanos.
There are limitations for being a fanboy or girl.

Nonetheless, Zoom omfgwtfpwns Thanos.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
1. No

2. No, but Zoom punches, which are stronger than Supes punches, can.

3. Since when did Thanos unleash these so-called 'omnidirectional blasts'? For Pete's sake, that's not even in his basic powerset.

And Thanos fans, please stop adding amps to Thanos, since the thread starter never mentioned additional gear for Thanos.
There are limitations for being a fanboy or girl.

Nonetheless, Zoom omfgwtfpwns Thanos.

1.) No? that's pretty quick for someone who isn't aware that:

2.) Thor's punches and attacks were >>>>>> Superman attacks, since they were combined with warrior madness and the power gem. still insufficient to KO thanos. I don't see Zoom hitting as hard as a power gem wielding God.

3.) Thanos has massive cosmic energy manipulating abilities, on par or greater than Surfer's. an omnidirectional blast is CERTAINLY within his power set.

4.) Thanos' "amping" abilities are also common knowledge. as pointed out in this thread he used them vs. his doppleganger. Hell, almost ANY cosmic manipulator can amp his/her power levels with cosmic energy.

occultdestroyer
1.) No? that's pretty quick for someone who isn't aware that:

2.) Thor's punches and attacks were >>>>>> Superman attacks, since they were combined with warrior madness and the power gem. still insufficient to KO thanos. I don't see Zoom hitting as hard as a power gem wielding God.

3.) Thanos has massive cosmic energy manipulating abilities, on par or greater than Surfer's. an omnidirectional blast is CERTAINLY within his power set.

4.) Thanos' "amping" abilities are also common knowledge. as pointed out in this thread he used them vs. his doppleganger. Hell, almost ANY cosmic manipulator can amp his/her power levels with cosmic energy.
1. erm

2. Superman >>>>>> Thor

3. thumb down

4. assno

Philosophía
i got this far, then realized there was no reason to read any further. no reason at all. none

Wise decision, although you shouldn't have started the discussion with him in the first place.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.