TFU novelization

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gideon
REX, this is a discussion about the novelization, not the game, so please don't lock it. big grin

I've finished the book. It was not nearly as good as I had hoped and read, at parts, like a very detailed videogame walkthrough. It was a very driving plot, however, and the dynamic between Starkiller and Vader, Starkiller and Juno, and (best of all) Starkiller and PROXY are very well written. And it makes the Force look even more badass and the Jedi who wield it.

Any questions you would like answered?

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by Gideon
Any questions you would like answered?

How much it cost? wink

Darth Subjekt
How divisive was his win over Vader and how was the battle with Sidious? You know what the main thing people are going to want to know, lol.

How much was it?

Icy Ninja
POSSIBLE SPOILERS sorry don't know how to use the spoiler thing

How dose StarKiller defeat Vader, I checked Wookipedia and they say he threw columns and pillars at him.

Also who is this PROXY

Gideon
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
How divisive was his win over Vader and how was the battle with Sidious? You know what the main thing people are going to want to know, lol.

How much was it?

Starkiller engages in many, many, many duels over the course of the novelization, but he never really fights Sidious. His duel with Vader, though, is a lot more complex than previously identified. He doesn't just waltz into the Death Star, own the guards, crush Vader, and tank Palpatine's lightning.

They duel with lightsabers first and, to quote the novel: "He thought he was ready -- and so the sheer severity of the opening blow took him by surprise. A simple double stroke, up and then down, it contained enough power to jar his wrists and shoulders and very nearly disarm him completely. The collision of their lightsabers was blinding. He staggered backward and found himself at the center of a telekinetic storm. His Master seized on his momentary weakness and hurled missiles at him from all sides, hoping to keep him off guard. For a moment, it worked." Starkiller then fends off the assault and responds with an exchange that Vader "barely" blocks. They both separate and assess the exchange. It also mentions that "Darth Vader fought brilliantly, never employing anything less than a single stroke. All he needed was one slip, one tiny gap in his opponent's defenses."

Starkiller talks a lot during the duel, trying to taunt Vader.

One of his lines is: "Is this how your father treated you?"

Vader: "I have no father." And then "the apprentice fell back under the rain of blows. The sizzling of fabric and faint stink of burning skin told him that at least two of Vader's misses had been horribly near."

The apprentice then saw that the Emperor was enjoying the duel, and realized that he can't beat Vader fighting out of anger. After nearly being throttled to death, the apprentice blasts Vader across the room -- Vader landed on his feat. They fight some more, but now the apprentice has a true clarity of mind and begins to overpower the Dark Lord. After hurling objects at Vader (including a ****ing shield generator), he stands victorious over his battered, semiconscious body.

Icy Ninja
My god Vader seems so badass in that book from what you posted it seems like Vader was winning the fight until Starkiller gets in the zone seems similar to what happened between Anakin and Dooku in ROTS

Gideon
Excuse the double post, but I completely forgot about the question concerning Starkiller's confrontation with the Emperor. Well, firstly, it should be said that Starkiller confronts the Emperor after he has reached amazing new stratas of power -- including his control over the Star Destroyer -- and even then, when he witnesses the chamber in the Death Star: "The Emperor was in front of , hooded and hunched, but radiating incredible power."

And after he defeats Darth Vader, the Emperor begins to take control of the apprentice's mind: "The Emperor appeared out of the settling smoke, glee on his face. He raised one hand as though to touch the apprentice. The apprentice felt a wave of hypnotic suggestion flow through him. 'Yes! Kill him! He is weak, broken! Kill him and you can take your rightful place at my side!' The apprentice remained frozen, mesmerized by the Emperor's ghastly charisma.

Rahm Kota senses it in the Force and snatches Palpatine's lightsaber from his waist, dismembers the Royal Guard, and launches himself at the Emperor.

"He struck at the Emperor, who stood, apparently unarmed, with one hand still reaching out for the apprentice. But the Emperor was never unarmed. Raising his other hand, he blasted Kota with lightning before the blow ever came close to falling. Sith energy crackled between them and the Jedi Master fell back, caught in the Emperor's deadly grip."

So he owns an accomplished Jedi Master who challenged the Apprentice with one hand and without concentrating. But when Bail Organa yells for the Apprentice to help Kota, he snaps out of the Emperor's trance and hurls a "hail of shattered transparisteel and debris at the Emperor" who backs off of Kota. Palpatine intentionally falls to his knees and gives him the RotJ-speech: "You were destined to destroy me. Strike me down!"

The apprentice doesn't and Kota congratulates him. As Juno Eclipse and her ship come to rescue them, Palpatine attacks Kota saying "Fool! He will never be yours." Starkiller steps between Palpatine and Kota and a whole paragraph is dedicated to how much the Emperor's lightning is owning him with pain.

And he doesn't tank it for minutes. He takes two steps and is right in front of the Emperor, grabs him, and lets the lightning charge into both of them.

When Vader attacks the fleeing Senators, the Apprentice becomes one with the Force and disintegrates the Senators and engulfs Palpatine and Vader in a blast of Force energy that owns the Emperor's observation tower.

Vader and Palpatine both come out unscathed. They survived the Apprentice when he "was more powerful than ever."

Elite Hunter
Dammit Escape, you never answered the most important question! mad How much did the book cost!!!

Icy Ninja
I am glad that this has cleared up the nonsense of Star Killer beating the crap out of Vader and nearly killing Palpatine

Gideon
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
Dammit Escape, you never answered the most important question! mad How much did the book cost!!!

$22.05. sad

Icy Ninja
How would you rank StarKillers lightsaber skill

Elite Hunter
$22.05. sad

Meh, not worth it for me. I'll just wait till I can find it online.

Lt. Valerian
Originally posted by Icy Ninja
How would you rank StarKillers lightsaber skill

I'm interested in this, as well.

Gideon
Originally posted by Lt. Valerian
I'm interested in this, as well.

That is extremely difficult. He is a beast and legitimately overcomes all of his foes, in the end, with a lightsaber (though he also used the Force against Vader). However, he effed up royally with Shaak Ti and killed her "only on reflex" when she gave a desperate final charge. She came extremely close to overpowering and killing him.

Lt. Valerian
That's strange... He overpowered Vader, yet Shaak Ti almost overpowers him? Doesn't make much sense. Still, you're the one who's read the novel.

With who would you compare him?

Icy Ninja
That's strange... He overpowered Vader, yet Shaak Ti almost overpowers him? Doesn't make much sense. Still, you're the one who's read the novel.

From my perspective of what Gideon has shown us is that Vader was actually winning the saber duel until StarKiller was in the "zone" he also had to use the Force quite a bit throwing a shield generator for instance

Gideon

With who would you compare him?

You're comparing him at two different time periods. Starkiller kills Shaak Ti fairly early in the novel. They seem to be somewhat even in lightsaber skills, though she seems to have an advantage, forcing him to summon Sith lightning in "desperation" at one point. But he is stronger than she is in the Force. When he fights Vader, he's amazing.

Other tidbits: Kota deflects the apprentice's lightning casually throughout their first duel and Kazdan Paratus is stated to be "far more powerful" than the Apprentice by Darth Vader.

Neo_Version 7
After hurling objects at Vader (including a ****ing shield generator), he stands victorious over his battered, semiconscious body.

Looks like Vader took a page from his apprentice's book come ESB.

Darth Subjekt
And odd that Vader (presumably) heard Palpatine telling Starkiller to kill him, yet did nothing. They could have taken Palpatine, it seems, and Vader would be at least free from him.

Gideon
And odd that Vader (presumably) heard Palpatine telling Starkiller to kill him, yet did nothing. They could have taken Palpatine, it seems, and Vader would be at least free from him.

Vader was lying on the ground, immobilized and nearly beaten in a coma.

BruceSkywalker
This was an excellent read and I like Starkiller's real name..

jalek moye
it would seem to me that win vade got back up he would help starkiller, seeing as how he helped luke and he basically raised starkiller, when he never really had a conversation with luke that wasnt like 10 words

Gideon
Originally posted by jalek moye
it would seem to me that win vade got back up he would help starkiller, seeing as how he helped luke and he basically raised starkiller, when he never really had a conversation with luke that wasnt like 10 words

Luke is his son who never gave up on him. Starkiller was just a guy he observed as a pawn and who eventually tried to kill him.

Elite Hunter
So did you gain that deeper understanding of Vader the game developers brag about?

Gideon
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
So did you gain that deeper understanding of Vader the game developers brag about?

No.

Darth Subjekt
So was he always a Sith, or does he eventually turn to the lightside? Cause it kinda seems out of character for a Sith apprentice to turn on both his superiors or masters.

sweersa
What am I doing in the EU section?

Schwarzenegger
Interesting, so vader wasn't really owned or anything but nearly killed starkiller till he got the upperhand?

But i'd like to see the non canon endings, but anyways, starkiller is not as overpowered as TFU seem to put it and this book made vader even more badass and more powerful.

@Gideon.

Seeing that you read TFU novel, where would you rank vader amongst the top 10 sith(power) in your opinion?

Darth Subjekt
Originally posted by sweersa
What am I doing in the EU section? I pose the same question. Considering you were virtually bashing it in the PT forum.

Gideon
Starkiller's allegiance shifts permenantly once he is betrayed by Vader and left for dead the second time. As far as Vader's power, he is beaten by the Apprentice, but judging from what I've seen, the Apprentice would kick the shit out of most Force users once he achieves his clarity.

Icy Ninja
judging from what I've seen, the Apprentice would kick the shit out of most Force users once he achieves his clarity.

Do you think he could beat people like Mace,Yoda or "in the zone" Anakin

Schwarzenegger
Or Luke at his peak, dark empire sidious or full potential vader.

Gideon
I'm heading to bed. Tomorrow, we'll analyze Starkiller's relative ability.

Icy Ninja
I'm heading to bed. Tomorrow, we'll analyze Starkiller's relative ability.

But I have so much more to learn

Schwarzenegger
I'm heading to bed. Tomorrow, we'll analyze Starkiller's relative ability. I'm up for that.

sweersa
I pose the same question. Considering you were virtually bashing it in the PT forum.

It is hard not to do that...

Master Crimzon
I knew George Lucas wouldn't be THIS evil. Thank god.

By the way, is the Apprentice actually a cool, complex, and likeable character?

Icy Ninja
Starkiller talks a lot during the duel, trying to taunt Vader.

One of his lines is: "Is this how your father treated you?"

Vader: "I have no father." And then "the apprentice fell back under the rain of blows. The sizzling of fabric and faint stink of burning skin told him that at least two of Vader's misses had been horribly near."

Good thing he didn't say anything about his mother

Darth Subjekt
It is hard not to do that... If you don't like or agree with EU, then don't read about it, then you wont have anything to complain about. erm

sweersa
If you don't like or agree with EU, then don't read about it, then you wont have anything to complain about. erm

I enjoy the Darth Bane books, as well as Jude Watson's books. I guess some of the Vong stuff gets to me...

and I don't even want to think of the clone of Palpatine...Luke turning to the dark side...etc.

Darth Subjekt
So you have your picks of the litter, then?

sweersa
So you have your picks of the litter, then?

Oh yes.

xxxpoppunker182
This story was horrible and full of messing up continuity.
apparently it was the emperor idea to start the rebellion now and the rebel alliance as of episode 4 has only been around for less than 2 years. That's just one lame idea from many.

Captain REX
Agreed. So far, I completely deplore the entire plot to TFU once it passes the Jedi-hunting stage. Anything related to the Galactic Civil War is just... ridiculous. They took the concept (which wasn't bad) and trashed it.

Faunus
Well in the new Clone Wars series, Anakin already has his scar three months into the war and Grievous has already been unleashed on the Jedi, which means Hypori and the entire Obsession arc are being ignored by the 'new' canon. Apparently the movie and the new series are on the same level of canon as the movies.

Lightsnake
...he's got the scar? Really?

Faunus
Looks like it. Unless it's another scar over his right eye I'm thinking of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPI48Ti548c

You can see it as 1:05 - 1:06 pretty clearly. Ironic, since according to Wookiepedia Lucasfilms was trying to mesh with current continuity well, and here they go screwing it all up in the first part of the series.

HereticalDruid
Continuity, IGNORED! Maybe George is showing us all how he can ignore EU...

Darth Subjekt
It made it seem as though Asajj had already faced Anakin and OB1 has Asajj was constantly referring to "revenge on Skywalker," so yea, it looks like they're revamping the canon storyline.

The Rover
Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182
This story was horrible and full of messing up continuity.
apparently it was the emperor idea to start the rebellion now and the rebel alliance as of episode 4 has only been around for less than 2 years. That's just one lame idea from many.

Originally posted by Captain REX
Agreed. So far, I completely deplore the entire plot to TFU once it passes the Jedi-hunting stage. Anything related to the Galactic Civil War is just... ridiculous. They took the concept (which wasn't bad) and trashed it.

....I saw all that business (it being sh!t and screwy, not the actual details) a mile away.

BTW: What continuity are you guys talking about? The entirety of Star Wars, from the films to the books to the games, has been based on taking everything that came before (or after, in the timeline) and completely erasing or refashioning it for the current trend.

Not to nit-pick, but how does Palpatine (essentially) allowing for the rise of the Rebellion mesh with the current EU and common-sense at all?

lol, fail....again.

Also: Everything I've read in this thread (and some of the things I've read elsewhere) make it quite clear that, contrary to what people grasping at straws are trying to make it seem like, Vader DID get his @$$ handed to him - sure, he held his own for a while, but he DID eventually get his @$$ kicked.

LAME. I thought Vader was the "Chosen One"? Even messed up, he's still supposed to be THE BEST aside from Palpatine, and the potential of Luke, (and Leia, if the implications of Yoda are regarded).

Enough ranting for now....

Captain REX
To answer the meshing of Palpatine's evil plan... it doesn't. It is a stupid idea.

Master Crimzon
Even if the novel sucks, I'm sure the actual game will be friggin' awesome.

Ushgarak
If it is any compensation, I am sure the live action tv series will in turn stomp all over the continuity of TFU, and then everyone will forget it.

Its claim to be canon always was baloney anyway.

Gideon
To be clear, it's not as if Palpatine ordered Vader to orchestrate the idea of rebellion; Mon Mothma, Garm Bel Iblis, and Bail Organa had been thinking of revolution prior to Palpatine's ascension to Galactic Emperor -- Starkiller merely gave them sufficient motivation to unite. They had been fighting the Empire for years prior.

Captain REX
But uniting because a Dark Jedi tried fighting the Empire? That is a weak motivation. Not to mention they had united prior as well.

Faunus
Well, there's Haden Blackman for you.

Schwarzenegger
Originally posted by Faunus
Well, there's Haden Blackman for you. He is a douche.

Captain REX
I liked Haden Blackman's other works! The game Bounty Hunter was his creation, as were the stories for the comics Jango Fett: Open Seasons and Republic: Obsession. A few other things to his name, nothing terrible comes to mind.

Schwarzenegger
Oh wait i meant cameron suey is the douche, not haden sorry.

Captain REX
Ah, yes.

Faunus
Obsession was Blackman's?

****, that's going to make it harder to hate him.

Gideon
The comic is ten times better than the novelization. There's actually a fight between Starkiller and the Emperor. It's pure awesomness. For the record, the explosion at the end is seemingly the size of a Star Destroyer.

Blax_Hydralisk
Where are you seeing all these shnazzy things? Even Voldemort has not yet read the comic!

Gideon
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Where are you seeing all these shnazzy things? Even Voldemort has not yet read the comic!

I stumbled upon the comic book at Barnes & Nobel. I also read the absurdly long Clone Wars Visual Dictionary. Yoda takes out a droid army by himself.

Blax_Hydralisk
Canonically? Hm...

DarkSerpent
Voldemort having sex with Hermione and Ginny...

Faunus
I stumbled upon the comic book at Barnes & Nobel. I also read the absurdly long Clone Wars Visual Dictionary. Yoda takes out a droid army by himself. Ha. "Nobel."

And define "droid army." Like, CWC armies or AotC armies?

Gideon
Ha. "Nobel."

And define "droid army." Like, CWC armies or AotC armies?

I saw a bunch of tanks and droids. But, as I say, I didn't get to caress the page with my eyes. Was really short on time.

Master Crimzon
D'you know if I can read the comic online somewhere?

Gideon
Originally posted by Master Crimzon
D'you know if I can read the comic online somewhere?

No.

As I say, ten times better than the novelization.

Master Crimzon
Crap. Major crap.

... I'll probably have to wait ages to get my hands on a copy now. Blergh.

Faunus
Or just do what the frugal do and read everything at B&N. The last time I bought a book was for a seven-hour plane ride about two weeks ago, and before that, back in February for a test.

I'm a fairly fast reader and like my money, so I can get through pretty much anything interesting or relevant in a few hours of spare time. Plus, they have food.

Gideon
Or just do what the frugal do and read everything at B&N. The last time I bought a book was for a seven-hour plane ride about two weeks ago, and before that, back in February for a test.

I'm a fairly fast reader and like my money, so I can get through pretty much anything interesting or relevant in a few hours of spare time. Plus, they have food.

FOOD? HAHAHA FATTY.

Master Crimzon
It's got nothing to do with money.

It's just that I'm foreign. And I can't find any B&N store here. And even if I did, they probably wouldn't have the SW books here. Seriously, people here don't know nuthin' about SW.

It wouldn't help if I could read the book at maniac speed, because I'm gonna need to go a thousand miles- at least- in order to get my damned hands on it.

Oh well. Life's a *****.

Faunus
FOOD? HAHAHA FATTY.I know that's what your mother's always saying to you, but food is truly important for the sustenance of a high quality of living.

EDIT: Crimzon, Elite Hunter provided a link a while back for an online comic site. I think I can find it.

Master Crimzon
Sweetness. If you can find it, I'll give you the cookie I stole from Tangible.

Faunus
That cookie was mine to begin with.

http://sweu.ru/novels.htm

The comic section is, I believe, one of the five tabs near the top of the list.

Master Crimzon
Thanxies.

And no. I stole it from you. I hid it under my closet, in a box, locked with a lock that can only be opened with the combination 114521.

You will never find it.

Edit: Oh, ****. They didn't upload it yet. I'm gonna be depressed now.

Gideon
I know that's what your mother's always saying to you, but food is truly important for the sustenance of a high quality of living.

EDIT: Crimzon, Elite Hunter provided a link a while back for an online comic site. I think I can find it.

sad

Faunus
Ha. I laugh at your shattered ego and diminished narcissism and inflate my own with your pain and misery.

Gideon
Ha. I laugh at your shattered ego and diminished narcissism and inflate my own with your pain and misery.

ikillu.

sad

Faunus
'ikillu'? Is that like unagi or something? Is it food? *snicker* Ha. Fooood, FATASS.

This reminds me of Harold and Kumar when that silly skater punk guy says his "Thank you come again" thing. Hilarious.

Gideon
'ikillu'? Is that like unagi or something? Is it food? *snicker* Ha. Fooood, FATASS.

This reminds me of Harold and Kumar when that silly skater punk guy says his "Thank you come again" thing. Hilarious.

I WILL STAB YOU SIR!

Faunus
"This sucker will stop a knife." -- The Great Freeman

He was talking about me.

Schwarzenegger
The issue of starkiller handing vaders ass to him THAT easily(as well as palpatines) is quite ridiculous considering boths force potency.

Enough ranting anyways, i'll wait for the game to be released then make a final verdict on how good or ridiculous starkiller is.

Faunus
His potential is clearly Skywalker- or Durron-class, which just takes away completely from the significance of Vader's condition to Sidious, who had believed that he might spend the rest of his life searching for a single individual with even half of his own power. And here, two years later, you have a kid with arguably three times that figure in potential. It's absurd.

sweersa
His potential is clearly Skywalker- or Durron-class, which just takes away completely from the significance of Vader's condition to Sidious, who had believed that he might spend the rest of his life searching for a single individual with even half of his own power. And here, two years later, you have a kid with arguably three times that figure in potential. It's absurd.

You can relax mate. Remember, if it is EU, it never really happened.

Hahaha.

Gideon

Which is my only complaint with it.

Faunus
Really? The origin of the Alliance didn't bother you?

Gideon
Really? The origin of the Alliance didn't bother you?

The irony seems farfetched, but I like the idea of Palpatine being directly responsible for that which destroyed him.

Faunus
Makes sense. But really, a story focused around a Zayne-esque character would be more intriguing to me than another tale of a Force god.

Gideon
Makes sense. But really, a story focused around a Zayne-esque character would be more intriguing to me than another tale of a Force god.

You have to read the novel and comic. Starkiller has the shit kicked out of him multiple times and is nearly beaten multiple times. He doesn't steamroll over everyone.

Faunus
Still. Potential. He has too much. Is it reasonable that, at roughly the same age as the Chosen One as of RotS, he would kick the living shit out of him?

EDIT: That sentence is grammatically shitty, but I shall not correct it.

Gideon
I have questioned that as well. The truth to the matter is that much of Star Wars and the ideas incorporated into it by George Lucas are very minimalistic in nature. For example, through exposition and narrative in the very novelizations of the movies, you are to be in awe of the saga's scale. Return of the Jedi, for example, mentions how the Rebel fleet at the Battle of Endor was so massive that it extended beyond the visible spectrum -- even though the movie depicted a handful of ships. Even more contradictory are the descriptions of the Imperial Navy, which is supposed to not only be the strongest naval organism in history, but the largest. Yet the movies do not display such. Anakin Skywalker does not demonstrate the power he is reputed to have.

So should that mean that he does not have it? No. Advent does a decent job of rationalizing Anakin's lackluster performance on enormously restricted knowledge. Still, that doesn't account for all of it. One simply must assume that the size of the respective fleets of the Imperial and Rebel Navy and the power of Anakin Skywalker aren't shown in proper scale because of a lack of budget or attention. As with old theater and movies, sometimes we as an audience are simply to put faith in the narrative and say, despite a lack of corresponding feats, Anakin Skywalker is still the shit.

I appreciate TFU because it makes attempts to put that scale into context.

Faunus
But see, Anakin's 'feats,' or lack of therefore, made perfect sense in the sense that the PT established when one limited his/her viewings to the movies. The EU just tears it all apart.

Meh. Whatever. I guess I'll have to watch/read/play it to get a real perspective on it.

Gideon
But see, Anakin's 'feats,' or lack of therefore, made perfect sense in the sense that the PT established when one limited his/her viewings to the movies. The EU just tears it all apart.

Meh. Whatever. I guess I'll have to watch/read/play it to get a real perspective on it.

YOU WILL LEARN OR YOU WILL DIE, PRETENDER.

The demo is out, and it's great.

Faunus
I tried it, and it was good indeed. I was actually pleasantly surprised, as I was expecting sheer suckage with a pretty cover and good physics. I want to see how they cover the alternate endings and customization, though. JA had that down.

Gideon
I tried it, and it was good indeed. I was actually pleasantly surprised, as I was expecting sheer suckage with a pretty cover and good physics. I want to see how they cover the alternate endings and customization, though. JA had that down.

I <3 JA. The Imperial Remnant and Pellaeon own my heart.

Schwarzenegger
You have to read the novel and comic. Starkiller has the shit kicked out of him multiple times and is nearly beaten multiple times. He doesn't steamroll over everyone. Who exactly kicks the shit out of this guy?

Gideon
Originally posted by Schwarzenegger
Who exactly kicks the shit out of this guy?

Kota dominates him initially. Shaak Ti smashes him. Vader beats his ass. A Shadow Guard dominates him (comic). Then, once he gets uber, DV dominates him initially and Palpatine, half-heartedly, fries his hiney.

Faunus
Once he gets uber --> Once he goes light? How much time passes during this story, from the initial mission to Starkiller's death?

Schwarzenegger
Oh ok, did you get my PM btw?

Gideon
I didn't, no.

And at least six months pass. Guessing? I'm going to say a full fiscal year.

sweersa
Starkiller? That was Luke's original last name...wow this story is so original. I have heard the book is pretty bad.

Schwarzenegger
I didn't, no.

And at least six months pass. Guessing? I'm going to say a full fiscal year. Huh weird, thought i sent you a PM a week ago.

Gideon
HOLY SHIZNIZZLEWIZZLE. SPOILER ALERT, regarding the DARK SIDE ENDING for TFU!

Upon defeating Darth Vader in the Emperor's observation tower, Palpatine -- as previously explained in the novelization and comic -- demands that you slay Vader and take his place at the Emperor's side. General Kota attempts to interfere, but is subdued by the Dark Lord. You are given a choice: you can either save Kota from Palpatine or finish off Darth Vader. Should you move towards Vader, you will begin a second duel with him, and it ends with you impaling Vader with both your lightsaber and his own. Palpatine congratulates Starkiller, gives him the same speech (rehashed) that he gave Anakin Skywalker regarding how powerful he is, how powerful he will become, and what he has to do to cement his place: he must kill Kota. Starkiller feigns an attack at Kota, but redirects it at the last moment to attack the Emperor, who blocks it with his own lightsaber. Informing Starkiller that he has made "a huge mistake", Palpatine electrocutes Starkiller into submission and then seemingly destroys General Kota and the remaining Senators before dropping a ship down on Starkiller. When he reawakens, Starkiller is lying in a Vader-esque laboratory, rebuilt in an intimidating manner -- mask and clawed hands -- where Palpatine tells him that he's too powerful for the Emperor to waste. He is informed that he now exists to do the Emperor's bidding. The final shot is Starkiller screaming into his mask, trapped forever in Palpatine's thrall, a second Vader. Cue credits.

Schwarzenegger

Upon defeating Darth Vader in the Emperor's observation tower, Palpatine -- as previously explained in the novelization and comic -- demands that you slay Vader and take his place at the Emperor's side. General Kota attempts to interfere, but is subdued by the Dark Lord. You are given a choice: you can either save Kota from Palpatine or finish off Darth Vader. Should you move towards Vader, you will begin a second duel with him, and it ends with you impaling Vader with both your lightsaber and his own. Palpatine congratulates Starkiller, gives him the same speech (rehashed) that he gave Anakin Skywalker regarding how powerful he is, how powerful he will become, and what he has to do to cement his place: he must kill Kota. Starkiller feigns an attack at Kota, but redirects it at the last moment to attack the Emperor, who blocks it with his own lightsaber. Informing Starkiller that he has made "a huge mistake", Palpatine electrocutes Starkiller into submission and then seemingly destroys General Kota and the remaining Senators before dropping a ship down on Starkiller. When he reawakens, Starkiller is lying in a Vader-esque laboratory, rebuilt in an intimidating manner -- mask and clawed hands -- where Palpatine tells him that he's too powerful for the Emperor to waste. He is informed that he now exists to do the Emperor's bidding. The final shot is Starkiller screaming into his mask, trapped forever in Palpatine's thrall, a second Vader. Cue credits.

HOLY SHIT, thats fckin awesome.

Now that would be Vaders little brother

sweersa
I must say...that is pretty cool.

Awesome in fact. Props to the author. That is so cool man! *claps*

This is another example of some good EU.

Schwarzenegger
Now i am really starting to like starkiller/galen marek.

xxxpoppunker182
I must say...that is pretty cool.

Awesome in fact. Props to the author. That is so cool man! *claps*

This is another example of some good EU.

but when you look at the canon novelization it's crap IMO.

Schwarzenegger
Yes, very crap.

But the DS ending still showed that vader, despite getting beaten was still able to engage in another duel.

Now, if SW went the TFU DS way, i doubt luke would had been a jedi and the galaxy is forever in darkness.

Its funny they made Darth Vader 2.0 with that ending.

truejedi
my only problem with the novel is that it is written too much like a video game really: First they go here, then they go there, then they kill this guy: its not really good writing, its just nonstop action scenes that we don't get a good grasp on why. Him killing the one "jedi master" on the garbage planet was, i'm sorry, just dumb. Especially since vader told him he didn't expect him to survive because of htis guys supposed "power"

sweersa
I just love the ending part. I never read any of the novel though.

Master Crimzon

Holy. F*cking. Shit.

All problems I had with the storyline can be shattered due to this awesome, awesome ending.

Schwarzenegger
Yes, and what would even be more awesome is that vader and starkiller(with his vader2.0 suit) ruling the galaxy together, 2 masked sith lords = uber l333t force.

Mizukage Yoda
I think that the point of the Force Unleashed is as they said in a commentary. You have the Force as it hasn't been seen before, but every other Jedi, and Sith you face, also have unleashed the force. So, the Apprentice, would you say he's up there with luminaries like Yoda, Mace, Obi-Wan; the hard ballers of the Clone Wars

Faunus
Yes, and what would even be more awesome is that vader and starkiller(with his vader2.0 suit) ruling the galaxy together, 2 masked sith lords = uber l333t force. Way to completely ruin the purpose of five posts in a row with spoiler tags on them.

Schwarzenegger
The 2.0 suit wasn't really a spoiler... it was already shown several times on wookiepedia and wiki.

And in that one sentence, nothing much has been spoiled.

Faunus
Some people enjoy not reading spoilers, S. And know, I'm fairly certain I have the gist of what happens.

You have failed me for the last time. *chokes*

Master Crimzon
People, I have ground-breaking news!

Well, not really groundbreaking, but the first TFU reviews are out. I'm disappointed. So far, it's got reviews that are 'just' positive.

Still, it's only a few reviews. I hope it ends with a higher rank.

sweersa
Originally posted by Master Crimzon
People, I have ground-breaking news!

Well, not really groundbreaking, but the first TFU reviews are out. I'm disappointed. So far, it's got reviews that are 'just' positive.

Still, it's only a few reviews. I hope it ends with a higher rank.

Maybe Lucasfilm is filtering out all the bad reviews. lol

Master Crimzon
It's all a conspiracy.

Gideon
HOLY ****.

As a glutton for punishment, I watched all of the TFU cutscenes. STARKILLER IS HARDCORE. The cutscenes are done in such a movie-esque manner, moreso than any other video game.

the dark side ending is the BEST ENDING FOR A GAME EVER!

Schwarzenegger
Is vader that badass and a great combatant? from those cut scenes?

sweersa
Is this book worth reading? I wonder if they have this game for the PC. I am a FPS PC gamer so I wonder if I will like it. I loved the Bane novels.

Gideon
Is vader that badass and a great combatant? from those cut scenes?

He is, yes.

Schwarzenegger
BTW wtf is that purple energy beam that vader launched at starkiller to counter his lightning?(Gameplay)

Please answer this question gideon:

Oh and is starkiller in the vader 2.0 suit weaker than what he currently was? And could he still speak though? i watched the cutscene and he was screaming like an animal

Schwarzenegger
Sorry for the double post, but i got to admit, Mr marek isn't as overpowered as i thought him to be because there are a bunch of sith that ARE overpowered like balls(don't want to mention).

Thanks to Starkiller, Vader seems like a much more powerful combatant. By the way, palpatine sounds gay and idiotic in the cutscenes.

One more thing, Why was vader stupid enough not to turn against palpatine with marek at his side, whom according to palpatine in the DS ending had the potential to be his successor? This is one of the things that make me dislike vader as a character.

Infact, after reading the comic, Galen marek is rising up my favourite list while a bunch of other characters are being shoved into my ass.

Master Crimzon
It's official- the game comes out tomorrow! Be happy!

Whose gonna buy it on the first day? I know I'm not. sad

truejedi
yeah, i watched all the cutscenes as well.. Very cool concepts.... SOMETHING wasn't right about it though, i don't know what.... if it was the voice acting, or the way the sound wasn't in tune with their mouth's... but they way they would overexaggerate some emotions, and then just be flat with others... i think the audio could have been way better, just my opinion.

City Hunter
Anyone have a link to where we can view these cutscenes?

truejedi
just go to youtube.

Faunus
HOLY ****.

As a glutton for punishment, I watched all of the TFU cutscenes. STARKILLER IS HARDCORE. The cutscenes are done in such a movie-esque manner, moreso than any other video game.'Twas impressive. Most impressive.

There should've been another ending...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.