Solid Snake w/Super Soldier Serum vs. Captain America

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Marvelknight
They have Three hours of prep.

Weapons are permitted.

Who takes it?

Juk3n
Snake handily - SSS boosts you taking ur physical form into account, if u are peak human when you take the SSS u will be stronger than a fatslob who takes the SSS - even though u both end up looking the same fit state, one is enhanced further..at least thats how i understood it.

i dont think Cap was in as good physical shape as someone like snake when he took the SSS.

my bad if im mistaken.

Metalmanx
I'm not sure that's how it works. I was under the impression that the SSS would bring you to peak human physicality, not boost your already-present physical aptitude.

Any other theories from the peanut gallery?

Marvelknight
Metalmanx is right. So they would probably be on the same level physically. In sheer military combat skills gos to snake, and h2h skills would go to Cap, no doubt.

TricksterPriest
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/27/CAtransformation.png

For the sake of sanity, can we just assume they have equal stats? erm

Marvelknight
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/27/CAtransformation.png

For the sake of sanity, can we just assume they have equal stats? erm
Exactly. But who is the better man out the two?

Metalmanx
What kinds of weapons are permitted with their 3-hour prep? Cuz Cap could, I dunno, get Mjolnir. erm

Hand to hand, Cap takes it.

TricksterPriest
Snake gets Metal Gear Rex. shifty

jalek moye
Mjolnir + caps shield> metal gear rex

leonheartmm
snake doesnt need the super soldier serum to win this.

Marvelknight
Originally posted by Metalmanx
What kinds of weapons are permitted with their 3-hour prep? Cuz Cap could, I dunno, get Mjolnir. erm

Hand to hand, Cap takes it.
Lol, good one. But that's over doing it. Cap will have his shield and any other range weapon (pistols, automatic, rocket launchers etc). No cosmic or magical items or weapons.

Snake gets Metal Gear Rex. shifty

Snake can use any weapon from mgs, except MG Rex or Ray.

Juk3n
Originally posted by leonheartmm

No smiley face gif, wow you're actually serious. 1 physical attribute Snake trumps Cap?

It's okay..i'll wait.

leonheartmm
^perhaps this should be redirected to the snake respec forum. tell me one trait that snake DOESNT trump cap in, other than leadership maybe. snake's feats are insane, take a look at em before u even think hes HUMAN.

jalek moye
Can Cap get Black panthers energy daggers

leonheartmm
ne weapon? nikita, stinger, his RAILGUN?! what about the mantis and sorrow doll? hrmm, and what about metal gear mk2, or the shagohod, or arsenal gear or outer haven??

jalek moye
^perhaps this should be redirected to the snake respec forum. tell me one trait that snake DOESNT trump cap in, other than leadership maybe. snake's feats are insane, take a look at em before u even think hes HUMAN.
heres on strength can snake lift 1000 lbs

or stamina Cap literally doesnt get fatigued

leonheartmm
^odd, among the people who snake has defeated in hand to hand alone{without a vibranium shield mind you} are characters who can easily punch through surfaces which cant even be "scratched" by heavy plastic explosives and easily lift hundreds of tons.

Ha-Son
<3

Juk3n
^odd, among the people who snake has defeated in hand to hand alone{without a vibranium shield mind you} are characters who can easily punch through surfaces which cant even be "scratched" by heavy plastic explosives and easily lift hundreds of tons.

and he done this without an insane plot device working for him?
he did this with just h2h combat?
and if he did..you just accept it without questioning? PIS much?

jalek moye

who has snake beat hand to hand that can lift hundreds of tones and which game. Also what about the stamina thing and snakes done nothing to suggest he's as fast as cap

Marvelknight
Originally posted by jalek moye
who has snake beat hand to hand that can lift hundreds of tones and which game. Also what about the stamina thing and snakes done nothing to suggest he's as fast as cap
No one with that strength. But I would be bold enough to say that Vulcan Raven or Grey Fox are stronger than Cap. And in terms of speed Grey Fox and Vamp are faster than Cap by far.

jalek moye
Originally posted by Marvelknight
No one. But I would be bold enough to say that Vulcan Raven or Grey Fox are stronger than Cap.
and cap has beaten plently of people above himself aswell

Marvelknight
But this time it's different. He's up against someone who is completely on his level. That can sometimes be more difficult than someone with a lot of raw power and no h2h skills at all. All of Snake foes are highly trained in combat.

jalek moye
whats the highest level of weapons that each can get

Marvelknight
whats the highest level of weapons that each can get

Lol, good one. But that's over doing it. Cap will have his shield and any other range weapon (pistols, automatic, rocket launchers etc). No cosmic or magical items or weapons.

Snake can use any weapon from mgs, except MG Rex or Ray.

And no dolls or the bandanna with unlimited ammo.

Ha-Son
Cyborg Ninja.

jalek moye
Originally posted by Ha-Son
Cyborg Ninja.

i dont recall cyborg ninja being able to lift hundreds of tons at one point in the game did he do that.

And all Capt needs is his shield and T'challs energy daggers

TheBadguy
I don't want to choose, I love them both too much

Marvelknight
i dont recall cyborg ninja being able to lift hundreds of tons at one point in the game did he do that.

And all Capt needs is his shield and T'challs energy daggers
The shield will be a problem getting around it. I don't see the daggers doing to much though. CQC gos to Snake.

jalek moye
dud the daggers are a huge problem they shut down ur nervous system. Cqc does not go to snake since caps cqc involves his shield

Marvelknight
Really now, how much can Cap do with CQC with that big shield against someone like Snake? Sure he can attack with it and block. But Snake has both of his hand ready. Even though he has a pistol and a knife. He can perform CQC much better with the weapons he has over Cap's shield.

Mr. Slippyfist
Does Snake get his Final Smash?

jalek moye
Really now, how much can Cap do with CQC with that big shield against someone like Snake? Sure he can attack with it and block. But Snake has both of his hand ready. Even though he has a pistol and a knife. He can perform CQC much better with the weapons he has over Cap's shield.

He always does cqc its how he fights close quarters its not just grappling and when it comes to the striking aspect his shield is really effective also hes still extremly good with his legs and with an energy dagger one strike and snakes done.

TheBadguy
Snake is not a better hand to hand fighter than Cap

Marvelknight
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Does Snake get his Final Smash?
Smash?? I don't remember any weapon by that name.Originally posted by jalek moye
He always does cqc its how he fights close quarters its not just grappling and when it comes to the striking aspect his shield is really effective also hes still extremly good with his legs and with an energy dagger one strike and snakes done.
CQC is one thing. But Snake, Big Boss, and The Boss's CQC is another.

The Great Galen
In terms of H2H skill, Snake is on a different leauge. He bested Grey Fox h2h in a mine field whom was the top agent in Fox Hound not to mention the only soilder worthy of the code name"Fox". He even stalemated him inspite of the cyborg upgrade he had aquired. He defeated Big Boss h2h... the same Big Boss who killed The Boss and the entire cobra unit. He also infratrated the shaow moses base that was swarming with genetically enhanced genome soilders. He then single handily killed every Fox Hound member in a period less then 24 hours and still had the strength to not only confront metal gear but to also get the better of his genitically superior twin brother Liquid.

If I'm not mistaken wasn't the Cap owned by a sniper....whilst Snake killed Sniper Wolf whom was considered the greatest living sniper.

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by The Great Galen
If I'm not mistaken wasn't the Cap owned by a sniper.... erm

Marvelknight
In terms of H2H skill, Snake is on a different leauge. He bested Grey Fox h2h in a mine field whom was the top agent in Fox Hound not to mention the only soilder worthy of the code name"Fox". He even stalemated him inspite of the cyborg upgrade he had aquired. He defeated Big Boss h2h... the same Big Boss who killed The Boss and the entire cobra unit. He also infratrated the shaow moses base that was swarming with genetically enhanced genome soilders. He then single handily killed every Fox Hound member in a period less then 24 hours and still had the strength to not only confront metal gear but to also get the better of his genitically superior twin brother Liquid.

If I'm not mistaken wasn't the Cap owned by a sniper....whilst Snake killed Sniper Wolf whom was considered the greatest living sniper.
Good post, took the words out of my mouth.

jalek moye

cap got killed by a combination of a sniper and a shield agent while wearing strength dampers(which make you weaker and its hard to move in them) With out the dampers the bullet wouldnt have even hit him plus his surved shots before even 1 to the head

Marvelknight
cap got killed by a combination of a sniper and a shield agent while wearing strength dampers(which make you weaker and its hard to move in them) With out the dampers the bullet wouldnt have even hit him plus his surved shots before even 1 to the head
Very true. But When you give Snake the same serum, Cap's only advantage is fighting.

Juk3n
Very true. But When you give Snake the same serum, Cap's only advantage is fighting.

and since it's a fighting contest ...???

leonheartmm
Originally posted by Juk3n
and he done this without an insane plot device working for him?
he did this with just h2h combat?
and if he did..you just accept it without questioning? PIS much?

this isnt marvel. there was no plot device. he did it with PURE hand to hand combat versus gray fox in the exoskeleton. gray fox endured and lifted the foot of METAL GEAR REX, when it was beign STOMPED DOWN {adding many times to the force of gravity} on top of snake. this was the same gray fox who was CUTTING individual bullets in two in midair. ther was no plot device, snake it just that good. its a game that mixes natural with supernatural. AGAIN, im saying this, you can NOT take snake for a human leveller whn comparing with media like marvel etc.

leonheartmm
snake's hand to hand is insane. cap can not keep up as much as i like him.

jalek moye
snake's hand to hand is insane. cap can not keep up as much as i like him.
yes he can the way they fight is vastly different but there equal physical stats would make in favor of whoever gets the other in a comfortable situation for them. Cap has the adavntage on their feet with his more effeicent quicks and his unbreakable shield, but i will say that if snake got capt either close enough to way he can grapp him without too much trouble then he dominates cap when it comes to grappling and ground techniques.

Marvelknight
Originally posted by Juk3n
and since it's a fighting contest ...???
But it's not just h2h. Cap is a better h2h fighter but not so much that it would give him the win for the majority.

leonheartmm
their physical stats are NOT equal. you are thinking of snake as a human again. its only a label in mgsverse. the shield would only give snake a bigger surface to grapple with, the same way rifles do, they are prime targets for cqc. cap is outclassed here.

jalek moye
their physical stats are NOT equal. you are thinking of snake as a human again. its only a label in mgsverse. the shield would only give snake a bigger surface to grapple with, the same way rifles do, they are prime targets for cqc. cap is outclassed here.
snake has phyiscally done nothin to put him above cap. what lifting feat does he have, what speed one thats better. its impossible for him to have better stamina.

Beating a guy that is stronger then cap doesnt mean that he is stronger aswell since we all know that cap has beat people way stronger then him. and grey fox can not lift hundreds of tons, maybe 60 -70 something but definatly not more then 100

cmack
in all honesty snakes shows durability beyond peak human, he also shown to be able to dodge bullets, he can give cap a good fight,if he gets a socom and a a pack of cigarettes

jalek moye
Originally posted by cmack
in all honesty snakes shows durability beyond peak human, he also shown to be able to dodge bullets, he can give cap a good fight,if he gets a socom and a a pack of cigarettes
Caps durabilty is above peak human as well

Superherovandal
What do Snake's previous stats matter? He'd have the exact same as Cap in this battle!!!

jalek moye
Originally posted by Superherovandal
What do Snake's previous stats matter? He'd have the exact same as Cap in this battle!!!
they matter because leon thinks that they are above steve rogers stas after the serum

cmack
Caps durabilty is above peak human as well im saying that they are very close in that area, more than some people know

Kento
Smash?? I don't remember any weapon by that name.
CQC is one thing. But Snake, Big Boss, and The Boss's CQC is another. Final Smash is from Super Smash Bros.

As for the fight...Cap's shield gives him a major advantage in this fight. And Cap's a more strategic thinker and fighter. While I think Snake is stronger and a little bit faster that really isn't going to mean much against a smarter fighter who isn't that much slower than Snake. As much as I like Snake (unless he did something extreme in MGS4 since I haven't played it yet) he's loosing this fight mostly because of Cap's brains and shield. Though it's going to take a lot to put Snake down but Cap has the endurance so it doesn't really matter how long it takes.

And if stats are the same then it's even easier for Cap to win.

cmack
snake walked through that microwave and was still conscious, and fought a hard battle after

leonheartmm
gray fox lifted the foot of metal gear while it was being SMASHED down on top of him, metal gear itself is well over a hundred tons{its a friggin building of pure metal for frig's sake} and snake defeated him in purely hand to hand combat. as for speed, gray fox could easily CUT incoming bullets out of the AIR. and snake still bested him. snake has dodged bullets on a NUMBER of occasions. also snake's CQCd vamp, who was fighting sumwhat on par with raiden with his exoskeleton{and he is more like on the thousands of tons range of strength seeing as he stopped and put a collossal dent in OUTER HAVEN! with one arm MISSING}

again, snake doesnt need the super soldier serum. his stats are already way above any human in marvel. {minus the pis ofcourse, like panther holding up surfer lol}

jalek moye
gray fox lifted the foot of metal gear while it was being SMASHED down on top of him, metal gear itself is well over a hundred tons{its a friggin building of pure metal for frig's sake} and snake defeated him in purely hand to hand combat. as for speed, gray fox could easily CUT incoming bullets out of the AIR. and snake still bested him. snake has dodged bullets on a NUMBER of occasions. also snake's CQCd vamp, who was fighting sumwhat on par with raiden with his exoskeleton{and he is more like on the thousands of tons range of strength seeing as he stopped and put a collossal dent in OUTER HAVEN! with one arm MISSING}

again, snake doesnt need the super soldier serum. his stats are already way above any human in marvel. {minus the pis ofcourse, like panther holding up surfer lol}

hm beat them but hes still not as fast as them or as strong as them he beat them because of the game equivilent of pis/ just bullshit to make you seem more badass

leonheartmm
^no it isnt piss, its skill. this isnt marvel or dc, so stop judging it by those standards. you cant FORCE it to become pis if it isnt. snakes other feats as well as the feats of other HUMANS in mgsverse are consistant with this showing. {yes humans in mgsverse can also block turret fire with a single sword, take human raiden for instance} hence destroying the PIS argument.

Marvelknight
Cap was experimented on. Snake is an experiment. If you understand the reason for Snake creation. You can begin to understand what he is all about. The Patriots wanted to create the most powerful soldier ever. A clone of the greatest living soldier of the 20th century, Big Boss. Grey Fox before the exoskeleton suit, was already experimented on. His code name was Null at the time (1970) and his physical abilities were augmented. He was fast enough to dodge automatics by simply moving or block them with a blade. The exoskeleton suit augmented his abilities even more. So Snake's Battle with Grey Fox in the mine field, 1999 in Zanibar Land, Grey Fox already had superhuman speed and agility. And Snake defeated him. In 2005 at Shadow Moses, Snake took on and defeated an enhanced Grey Fox in an exoskeleton suit. Along with member of FOX-HOUND and a group of experimental soldiers. All of their abilities augmented to high levels via gene manipulating. Best of all his clone twin, Liquid Snake (who is physically and genetically Solid Snake's superior). In 2014, a rapidly aging Snake (age 42 but his body is of the age of a man in his late 50's) took on Vamp (A scout with superhuman speed, reflexes, and regeneration via nanomachines). He also took out the Snake Hounds aka Beauty and the Beast and Liquid-Occelot (Liquid's mind inside of Occelot's body with the combine skills of both Revolver Occelot and Liquid Snake). And that was an older Snake. We are talking about a younger Snake here with the "Super Soldier Serum".

Kento
And not one of them has Cap's shield plus his tactical mind. He's a much smarter fighter than Snake, and add that with them both having the same exact stats the smarter fighter is going to win. Even with their normal stats I'd still give Cap the win though I think Snake is possibly stronger but Cap is a much smarter fighter. And even if Snake is faster under normal conditions it's not enough to really make a difference.

Marvelknight
Originally posted by Kento
And not one of them has Cap's shield plus his tactical mind. He's a much smarter fighter than Snake, and add that with them both having the same exact stats the smarter fighter is going to win. Even with their normal stats I'd still give Cap the win though I think Snake is possibly stronger but Cap is a much smarter fighter. And even if Snake is faster under normal conditions it's not enough to really make a difference.
I'm sorry, but you're wrong. Snake has an IQ of 180 and so do the members of the Next Generation Special Forces and FOX-HOUND. And all of Snake's intelligence, is centered around the one and only reason he was created in the first place. War. He is a super soldier, even without the serum. A walking, living, genetically engineered weapon.

Kento
And Snake still isn't a tactical genuis like Cap is. Cap is the smarter fighter, and has a lot more experience.

occultdestroyer
DON'T DO DRUGS.

STAY DRUG-FREE.

darthgoober
Is there any (allowed)equipment that Snake has access to that's beyond what Cap might grab at the Avengers Mansion or Shield Headquarters(where he would often do his prep on solo adventures)?

Marvelknight
And Snake still isn't a tactical genius like Cap is. Cap is the smarter fighter, and has a lot more experience.

I respect your opinion. But I think that you are underestimating Snake's tactical genius. After all it is what separates him from everyone else in the MGS series.

Marvelknight
Originally posted by darthgoober
Is there any (allowed)equipment that Snake has access to that's beyond what Cap might grab at the Avengers Mansion or Shield Headquarters(where he would often do his prep on solo adventures)?

I set the rules for both of them Cap can only have his shield, pistols, automatics, rocket launchers, and explosives.

darthgoober
I set the rules for both of them Cap can only have his shield, pistols, automatics, rocket launchers, and explosives.
That may be but you have to remember that Shield has quite a selection of just those types of weapons laying around. I'm not saying that Cap's guaranteed to have better equipment because of Shield, I'm asking how Snake's armament stacks up in comparison to Shields so that we can figure out who's most likely to have the edge in firepower. I mean I've seen Shield rifles that could blow holes through solid steel and they have explosives devices and rocket launchers that can destroy multiple city blocks. You have to remember that much in the way of Shield's equipment(even some of the the most basic) is specifically designed to give it's wielder a fighting chance against meta's.

Kento
I respect your opinion. But I think that you are underestimating Snake's tactical genius. After all it is what separates him from everyone else in the MGS series. When has Snake ever shown being a great strategist? Specially in MGS 1. He was told what to do by Liquid a lot and Gray Fox a bit, and pretty much let right into Metal Gears storage area with some 'resistance' to make it look like he wasn't let. In 2 he didn't really do much at all. Can't really say much about 4 as I haven't played it yet..stupid PS3 costs so much. As a strategist Cap is head and shoulders above Snake. Now in infiltrating and sneaking Snake has it but that's really not the same area and wouldn't really matter in a straight up fight.

Personally I think Liquid was a much better strategist..After all he did get Snake to think he was actually getting through the base himself, fooled him by acting like Miller, and made Snake do what they couldn't do start Metal Gear. Snake just happened to be a better fighter and kicked his butt in a fight. While Cap is at the least on par with Snake in fighting skils if not better, and is a strategist along with it. Which I think gives him the advantage if both have made to have the same stats.

With a lot of weapons thrown in though that could bring up a whole lot of different scenario. But when has guns ever been a real problem for Cap or any other high street level fighter, and he has his shield to block missles.

Marvelknight
When has Snake ever shown being a great strategist? Specially in MGS 1. He was told what to do by Liquid a lot and Gray Fox a bit, and pretty much let right into Metal Gears storage area with some 'resistance' to make it look like he wasn't let. In 2 he didn't really do much at all. Can't really say much about 4 as I haven't played it yet..stupid PS3 costs so much. As a strategist Cap is head and shoulders above Snake. Now in infiltrating and sneaking Snake has it but that's really not the same area and wouldn't really matter in a straight up fight.

Personally I think Liquid was a much better strategist..After all he did get Snake to think he was actually getting through the base himself, fooled him by acting like Miller, and made Snake do what they couldn't do start Metal Gear. Snake just happened to be a better fighter and kicked his butt in a fight. While Cap is at the least on par with Snake in fighting skils if not better, and is a strategist along with it. Which I think gives him the advantage if both have made to have the same stats.

With a lot of weapons thrown in though that could bring up a whole lot of different scenario. But when has guns ever been a real problem for Cap or any other high street level fighter, and he has his shield to block missles.

Liquid went down in the end. After all that was stacked in his favor. Snake took him down any way. In 1995 Outer Heaven Big Boss gave Snake misleading information for the entire mission. And Snake still came through. He always has some kind of help in every game. But He is alone during every battle. It is his will and skill that's gets him through it all.

Kento
Liquid went down in the end. After all that was stacked in his favor. Snake took him down any way. In 1995 Outer Heaven Big Boss gave Snake misleading information for the entire mission. And Snake still came through. He always has some kind of help in every game. But He is alone during every battle. It is his will and skill that's gets him through it all. That's why I said Snake was the better fighter. When it came down to it Liquid got him right where he wanted because of his plan but he lacked the skill to beat him in a one-on-one fight. It's like Liquid has the brains while Snake has the skills. Cap not only has the skill to go against Snake he's also go the strategic mind to back it up. Snake usually gets by against bosses with skill, and a little bit of luck at times.

The Great Galen
Without the serum, Snake is easily peak human to even possibly low meta. You have to remember that snake essentially came into all of his confrontations alone agaisnt opponents with impossible advantages. The amazing thing is that he doesnt just encounter one overpowering foe, he encounters them in spades and all within hours of each other.

We make gauntet threads here in KMC and usually stipulate the particpant has a day or so to rest in between fights....well in snakes case he literally might only had a hour or so between each member of Fox Hound while he was in shadow mosses. Plus he defeated his borther liquid a few momments after he took down MG rex...keep in mind the overwhealming odds of a lone soilder standing up agaisnt a mobile tank and actually pulling a victory agaisnt it.

darthgoober
Without the serum, Snake is easily peak human to even possibly low meta. You have to remember that snake essentially came into all of his confrontations alone agaisnt opponents with impossible advantages. The amazing thing is that he doesnt just encounter one overpowering foe, he encounters them in spades and all within hours of each other.

We make gauntet threads here in KMC and usually stipulate the particpant has a day or so to rest in between fights....well in snakes case he literally might only had a hour or so between each member of Fox Hound while he was in shadow mosses. Plus he defeated his borther liquid a few momments after he took down MG rex...keep in mind the overwhealming odds of a lone soilder standing up agaisnt a mobile tank and actually pulling a victory agaisnt it.
Doesn't Cap have quite a few feats like that to his credit?

Kento

We make gauntet threads here in KMC and usually stipulate the particpant has a day or so to rest in between fights....well in snakes case he literally might only had a hour or so between each member of Fox Hound while he was in shadow mosses. Plus he defeated his borther liquid a few momments after he took down MG rex...keep in mind the overwhealming odds of a lone soilder standing up agaisnt a mobile tank and actually pulling a victory agaisnt it. The only real feats to be considered in Shadow Moses are his fight with Grey Fox, and his battle against Metal Gear Rex then his fist fight against Liquid. Every other fight was pretty much a charade to make him think he wasn't doing what Liquid wanted.

Though while taking out MG was impressive he did have a tiny bit of help to weaken it and was also saved by Grey Fox.

Marvelknight
The only real feats to be considered in Shadow Moses are his fight with Grey Fox, and his battle against Metal Gear Rex then his fist fight against Liquid. Every other fight was pretty much a charade to make him think he wasn't doing what Liquid wanted.

Though while taking out MG was impressive he did have a tiny bit of help to weaken it and was also saved by Grey Fox.

So you're just going to overlook the Next Generation Special Forces, Wolf, Occelot, Raven, and Mantis? What about the Hind-D that Liquid was in? Outer Heaven and Zanzibar Land were fortified nations that Snake infiltrated. He took on the top mercenaries from around the world along with Big Boss himself. I know Cap has some crazy feats. But you have to give Snake more credit.

Kento
So you're just going to overlook the Next Generation Special Forces, Wolf, Occelot, Raven, and Mantis? What about the Hind-D that Liquid was in? Outer Heaven and Zanzibar Land were fortified nations that Snake infiltrated. He took on the top mercenaries from around the world along with Big Boss himself. I know Cap has some crazy feats. But you have to give Snake more credit. I said during Shadow Moses not before or after MGS1 because Great Galen said Shadow Moses. Wolf, Raven, Mantis, even Liquid in the Hind were all just fake resistance. Liquid wanted him to get to the MG hangar he wasn't going to go around killing him. Fox was something Liquid didn't setup, and after MG was active Liquid had no more use for him. Those were the only real battles without Liquid pulling the strings.

TricksterPriest
I said during Shadow Moses not before or after MGS1 because Great Galen said Shadow Moses. Wolf, Raven, Mantis, even Liquid in the Hind were all just fake resistance. Liquid wanted him to get to the MG hangar he wasn't going to go around killing him. Fox was something Liquid didn't setup, and after MG was active Liquid had no more use for him. Those were the only real battles without Liquid pulling the strings.

That's total bias. The hanger was the only part where the resistance was fake. He beat the hind, Fox-Hound, and the rest legitimately. All the Fox-Hound members fought him to the death. Ocelot was the exception, but there were extenuating circumstances there. You can't just pick and choose feats based on a vague supposition that all the fights were fixed. Especially since Liquid never told anyone about his plan.

TheBadguy
Snake is not more agile than Cap and he is not a better hand to hand fighter. Yea he is good at cqc but Cap knows it all and his shield would be a major advantage. You put Snake in a brawl no weapons involved against 20 soldiers and he'd lose, Cap would win. Some of you are way downplaying Cap and hyping Snake. and QUIT THE FUKING MGS4 SPOILERS JACKASS.

cmack
Originally posted by TheBadguy
Snake is not more agile than Cap and he is not a better hand to hand fighter. Yea he is good at cqc but Cap knows it all and his shield would be a major advantage. You put Snake in a brawl no weapons involved against 20 soldiers and he'd lose, Cap would win. Some of you are way downplaying Cap and hyping Snake. and QUIT THE FUKING MGS4 SPOILERS JACKASS. im sorry, honestly

Kento
That's total bias. The hanger was the only part where the resistance was fake. He beat the hind, Fox-Hound, and the rest legitimately. All the Fox-Hound members fought him to the death. Ocelot was the exception, but there were extenuating circumstances there. You can't just pick and choose feats based on a vague supposition that all the fights were fixed. Especially since Liquid never told anyone about his plan. The Hind? How the heck can you call the legit when Liquid needed him. Would you also honestly believe Liquid would send Snake to his death against his men when he needed Snake? Liquid knew he was in there, Liquid played him for a fool, and gave him some resistance to make him think he was actually doing everything because he needed him. There wasn't any other way for MG to actually be operational. Having a chance Snake could be killed would be extremely dumb on Liquids part. Heck trying to actually kill Snake in that Hind would be dumb when he led him through everything. The only parts that wouldn't fit into a plan made by Liquid is Gray Fox, and after Snake gets Metal Gear up and running. Which are feats in themselves. Just because Snake killed the people he thought were trying to kill him doesn't suddenly mean they weren't led to give him fake resistance. He'd be actually trying to kill them and they'd just be trying to make him think he's actually going through with something they don't want him to. Killed for a greater cause and all that.

Priest
Snake would take this match if there where some distance between the 2 with urban or jungle environment handily.

H2H Captain America easily wins (without the use of Rations, or Bowl of Noodles involved ) smile

snyper1982
And no dolls or the bandanna with unlimited ammo.

Dolls wouldn't work anyways, because Cap, to the best of my knowledge, has no nano-machines, and the dolls work by controlling nano-machines.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.