IG Thanos vs Super Spectre from COIE

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr. Slippyfist
Vs the Spectre that took down AM.

Who wins?

iceman24567
Good thread I guess Quanchi will say Thanos with the Ig > The Living Tribual > The Super Spectre.

quanchi112
Thanos wins.

iceman24567
Yeah so is anybody else awake i rather not go back and for with this guy tonight sad

OneDumbG0
I'm asleep. vin

Enyalus
If Spectre can disable the gems from working in unison, as the LT did...then Spectre wins. Otherwise, I believe Thanos wins against the Super Spectre and virtually every other non-Supreme Being character in comics.

Mindset
I disagree.

Enyalus
IG Thanos is essentially an undefeated character with the ability to do whatever he wishes to the physical and metaphysical (soul) universe.

Let me ask how Super Spectre defeats him, exactly?

If anyone argues for a stalemate...I for one might be open to that.

guy222
Spectre

fangirl101
Originally posted by guy222
Spectre
I agree.

quanchi112
Originally posted by fangirl101
I agree. How?

Knowsbleed33
Spectre. If both LT and Spectre share the same position in their respective Universes then Spectre could do the same to the IG that LT did i.e. disable it.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Spectre. If both LT and Spectre share the same position in their respective Universes then Spectre could do the same to the IG that LT did i.e. disable it.
and yet you say that the IB wins over mxy easily when Mxy has defeated the Spectre at least twice.

Knowsbleed33
Spectre no doubt jobs it from time to time. Plus the IB is TOAA from the previous Universe.

fangirl101
Spectre no doubt jobs it from time to time. Plus the IB is TOAA from the previous Universe.
no. The IB was also created by TOAA. And if the IB were the TOAA fromt he previous universe, why is it, that the IB is still below the LT?

Knowsbleed33
According to what?

RageOfTheGods
Spectre........

In his powered up level he even saw concepts and such that even his master could not imagine right at the very end......

Philosophía
Thanos coz he can liek stop ze time !!11

Spectre stomps.

quanchi112

quanchi112
Spectre. If both LT and Spectre share the same position in their respective Universes then Spectre could do the same to the IG that LT did i.e. disable it. The Lt only disabled it because Warlock let him do it without a fight. If Warlock would have opposed the Lt then there would have been an epic struggle.

RageOfTheGods
CoIE Spectre wins this........he was stalemating a being about two destroy the entire Multiverse........one of the beings who was powering Spectre could defeat Thanos with the IG (The 5D Djinn).........

Spectre wins this.......

Utrigita
Super Spectre from COIE.

quanchi112
Originally posted by RageOfTheGods
CoIE Spectre wins this........he was stalemating a being about two destroy the entire Multiverse........one of the beings who was powering Spectre could defeat Thanos with the IG (The 5D Djinn).........

Spectre wins this....... So a 5d djinn could beat Thanos here?

What makes you claim this?

starlock
I am going to say Thanos wins this.....i dont like the fact that spectre has a host here and thanos has mastery over the soul gem, i see thanos beating spectre.....i could be swayed i guess, but i know allot about each of them, its just my instinct telling me to go with thanos IG

RageOfTheGods
Originally posted by quanchi112
So a 5d djinn could beat Thanos here?

What makes you claim this?

Well seeing as how a 5D Djinn is the next step from an Imp and a 5D Djinn was defeating Imps here and there.......I assume a 5D Djinn has a good as chance as any of defeating Thanos.........

Anyways........

Who has Thanos defeated that is more powerful than Universal.......it has been a while since I read it but I do not recall any Multiversal beings trying to defeat Thanos.........

What has Thanos shown that he has a chance against a being who was struggling for the dominance of the Multiverse and was so powerful that he saw concepts that not even his master himself could imagine........

KuRuPT Thanosi

fangirl101

OneDumbG0
Question... Spectre was amped by the powers of a handful of magicians in Crisis on Infinite Earths. Captain Marvel was amped by ALL magicians in Day of Vengeance. Did Spectre really gain a significant amp when he was amped to a far lesser degree? Or am I missing something?

darthgoober
Hasn't Spectre received some kind of recton/upgrade since COIE? That would seem to imply that LT would actually be superior to that particular version if we acknowledge them as equals now.

So if we lose the direct LT/Spectre comparison as a reliable gauge of abilities shouldn't we be examining actual feats from Spectre before handing him the win here? I'm completely in the dark about most of Spectre's feats so don't think I'm saying that Thanos trumps him in that department, I was just addressing the notion that since LT>IG, and Spectre=LT, then Spectre>Gauntlet.

Philosophía
I'm pretty sure that I can prove that Spectre is overall more powerfull than Living Tribunal. I'd even be willing to do this in a battlezone if anyone is willing to do it, although I will not do it with debators of Quanchi's calibur ..

RageOfTheGods
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Question... Spectre was amped by the powers of a handful of magicians in Crisis on Infinite Earths. Captain Marvel was amped by ALL magicians in Day of Vengeance. Did Spectre really gain a significant amp when he was amped to a far lesser degree? Or am I missing something?

I do not remember all the magicians that were powering him but the ones powering Spectre were the most powerful magicians left in all of the DCU..........

There was even a 5D Djinn......also Spectre was powerful before CoIE I believe.......was he not depowered after those events.......

Utrigita

vlaaad12345
It was atleast a dozen precrisis magicians while the captain marvel incident was post crisis,people like fate ect were stronger back then so its kind of a bigger amp he was also amped by a 5d genie which is the evolved form a 5d imp....so yea COIE spectre got a very decent amp.

Philosophía
also Spectre was powerful before CoIE I believe.......was he not depowered after those events.......

No, he was not more powerfull in his pre-Crisis days.
Yes, he was depowered, but shortly after the depowerment was rendered null.

RageOfTheGods

KuRuPT Thanosi

fangirl101

Lord Prime
Super Spectre ftw

OneDumbG0

fangirl101
Spectre jobs way too much to too many opponents and situations for me to consider him Living Tribunal's equal. Living Tribunal has jobbed to Korvac, Scathan and Thanos w/ THOTU. One of the best feats that people like to throw around for Spectre is when he manages to become one with the universe and become one with everything. Hell, Living Tribunal managed to grant that to Silver Surfer like he was giving out candy for Halloween. Just my two cents. Others are more suited to a battlezone though.
Dont' forget that The LT jobbered to warlock by not even knowing if he could beat Warlock with the IG. He also jobbered to an alternate Reed Richards.

TricksterPriest

OneDumbG0
^ Well... he's right about the Spectre failing. The Spectre tried to stop him from destroying the last remaining five universes. He completely failed in that endeavor. What ended up happening as a completely accidental by-product of their struggle or through a last ditch (because-it's-better-than-nothing-if-he-can't-win) effort by Spectre was that billions upon billions of people died and a handful were spared by reintegrating into a single universe. That... that pretty much spells failure to me. As for Thanos w/ IG vs Spectre, well... I'll leave that to others.

Utrigita
Dont' forget that The LT jobbered to warlock by not even knowing if he could beat Warlock with the IG. He also jobbered to an alternate Reed Richards.

More likely he doubted if he had the authority to act against warlock like he didn't have the authority to act against Rune with the IG (the three faces wasn't in agreement). Btw what do you mean by jobbing to a Being that became God over all universes?

As for the alternate, I have no idea.

TricksterPriest
^ Well... he's right about the Spectre failing. The Spectre tried to stop him from destroying the last remaining five universes. He completely failed in that endeavor. What ended up happening as a completely accidental by-product of their struggle or through a last ditch (because-it's-better-than-nothing-if-he-can't-win) effort by Spectre was that billions upon billions of people died and a handful were spared by reintegrating into a single universe. That... that pretty much spells failure to me. As for Thanos w/ IG vs Spectre, well... I'll leave that to others.

...............Once again, READ THE BOOK. What the f**k?

OneDumbG0
Dont' forget that The LT jobbered to warlock by not even knowing if he could beat Warlock with the IG. He also jobbered to an alternate Reed Richards. The scene in Warlock and the Infinity Watch #1 didn't really appear to be jobbing. Especially since they never actually fought or admitted that either would lose. And Reed Richards > TOAA, didn't you know that?

dur

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
...............Once again, READ THE BOOK. What the f**k? I'm reading it right now. Trust me. Spectre wanted to save the five remaining universes. He couldn't. Best he could do was save one universe and we don't even know if that was a product of his purposeful actions or a complete accidental by-product. There is absolutely no evidence that Spectre meant to combine the five remaining universes into one. Absolutely none. And that'd be an utter failure on his part anyway, since all those poor innocent billions upon billions of souls from the other four universes essentially died because they could not be integrated in the resulting universe. Hell, he didn't cast vengeance upon him for having destroyed countless other universes as Anti-Monitor obviously survived. Seriously. I think you need to go buy a copy and read those pages again.

fangirl101
I'm reading it right now. Trust me. Spectre wanted to save the five remaining universes. He couldn't. Best he could do was save one universe and we don't even know if that was a product of his purposeful actions or a complete accidental by-product. There is absolutely no evidence that Spectre meant to combine the five remaining universes into one. Absolutely none. And that'd be an utter failure on his part anyway, since all those poor innocent billions upon billions of souls from the other four universes essentially died because they could not be integrated in the resulting universe. Hell, he didn't cast vengeance upon him for having destroyed countless other universes as Anti-Monitor obviously survived. Seriously. I think you need to go buy a copy and read those pages again.
It's not the Spectre's Job to save anyone. It never was. He's the spirit of Vengeance. His job was to see that the AM was punished and lost ultimately. And that is what happened. Due in LARGE part to the Spectre's power.

OneDumbG0
^ Saving people may not be his job, at least before Hal Jordan transformed into the Spirit of Redemption, but that is kind of nit-picking. I could also nit-pick and say that Spectre has never outsourced the job of vengeance to other people's hands. He was rendered comatose and Anti-Monitor was still running around. Hence, failure. But everybody's got their own opinion. I'm just saying that there are people who think Spectre failed in Crisis on Infinite Earths.

TricksterPriest
And they're wrong. Spectre's job was not to stop AM. That's why he was KOed. He violated the order of the Presence. Spectre couldn't kill AM without killing off all the heroes. The only thing he could do was merge the universes and direct the energy back at AM. But in trying to destroy AM, he went too far and the Presence told him to stay down.

OneDumbG0
^ Funny. I must be missing pages from my TPB of Crisis on Infinite Earths where the Presence makes a cameo and tells Spectre to stand down.

Should I ask for a refund from Barnes and Noble? laughing out loud

KuRuPT Thanosi
^^^^ I must admit that was funny.

I'm still waiting for somebody to tell me how being second in command compared to 4,5 or whatever never can equate to power. I laid out an analogy and have yet to hear anything to the contrary. All I hear is speculation that it doesn't necessarily mean he was more power. However, that is nothing more then speculation when the more concrete proof when all us fails is what the chain of command is usually does equate to their respective power levels. Also, I never said being versatile always means victory show me where I said this... However, this isn't just being versatile with ordinary powers this is being versatile with with potential unlimited power and control over power, time, space reality etc etc. The Spectre well all he has in power and as we've seen often times that isn't even good enough.....

OneDumbG0
^ See we can get along! hug

As long as we don't discuss Juggs and WWH. bash

KuRuPT Thanosi
^^^^^^^ I agree lol

Mr. Slippyfist

TricksterPriest
^ Funny. I must be missing pages from my TPB of Crisis on Infinite Earths where the Presence makes a cameo and tells Spectre to stand down.

Should I ask for a refund from Barnes and Noble? laughing out loud http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/spec_crisis.jpg

THEN WHY was he resisting? Only the Presence himself could tell Spectre to stand down.

quanchi112
Well seeing as how a 5D Djinn is the next step from an Imp and a 5D Djinn was defeating Imps here and there.......I assume a 5D Djinn has a good as chance as any of defeating Thanos.........

Anyways........

Who has Thanos defeated that is more powerful than Universal.......it has been a while since I read it but I do not recall any Multiversal beings trying to defeat Thanos.........

What has Thanos shown that he has a chance against a being who was struggling for the dominance of the Multiverse and was so powerful that he saw concepts that not even his master himself could imagine........ You do realize that just because a being is universal or multiversal that means nothing.

This is a one on one battle and the ig user has control over all these aspects and this isnt about who can destroy the multiverse or omniverse.

This isnt about who can cause more collateral damage either.

Its about who wins this particular fight.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Now all you need is another person, and a circle of people. Too bad mr master left I think hed be interested.

KuRuPT Thanosi
^^^^ Why did Master leave?

quanchi112
Dont' forget that The LT jobbered to warlock by not even knowing if he could beat Warlock with the IG. He also jobbered to an alternate Reed Richards. Lt said he represented forces that dwarfed him. Adam Warlock said this has yet to be proven then backed down and willingly surrendered the gems to Lt.

Warlock backed down.

Enyalus
A few things here:

Thanos with the power gem, was able to stomp Drax, Hulk, and other high-end class 100's effortlessly with his physical strength, durability, and invulnerability.

With complete mastery of time, plus his gauntlet-granted mastery of space, Thanos could very well use the gauntlet's abilities to Hunter Zolomon (Zoom) or Runner w/ space gem effects if he felt so inclined. Spectre wouldn't have a prayer of touching him.

Lastly, we all know how Spectre has struggled with reality warpers as seen with Mxy and Emperor Joker. Thanos has those same abilities to an equal or even higher degree, as described by the Reality gem..."Laws of physics be damned." That's before being backed by the Power Gem, which boosts its ability to an infinite level.

The only way COIE Spectre wins is if he gets lucky or Thanos gets careless...or both. I highly doubt either will happen.

quanchi112
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/spec_crisis.jpg

THEN WHY was he resisting? Only the Presence himself could tell Spectre to stand down. Do you have any proof that the Presence told him to stand down?

Because to me it looks like your forcing us to swallow your interpretation of this scan.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Enyalus
A few things here:

Thanos with the power gem, was able to stomp Drax, Hulk, and other high-end class 100's effortlessly with his physical strength, durability, and invulnerability.

With complete mastery of time, plus his gauntlet-granted mastery of space, Thanos could very well use the gauntlet's abilities to Hunter Zolomon (Zoom) or Runner w/ space gem effects if he felt so inclined. Spectre wouldn't have a prayer of touching him.

Lastly, we all know how Spectre has struggled with reality warpers as seen with Mxy and Emperor Joker. Thanos has those same abilities to an equal or even higher degree, as described by the Reality gem..."Laws of physics be damned." That's before being backed by the Power Gem, which boosts its ability to an infinite level.

The only way COIE Spectre wins is if he gets lucky or Thanos gets careless...or both. I highly doubt either will happen.

My thoughts exactly and well said +1

OneDumbG0
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/spec_crisis.jpg

THEN WHY was he resisting? Only the Presence himself could tell Spectre to stand down. There are several plausible explanations:

1) He didn't want lesser beings usurping his powers. The fight would end one way or another while he was laid low.

2) He was trying to recuperate himself to rejoin the fight personally and couldn't spare any power to the lesser beings. The fight happened to end before he could restore himself.

3) He didn't want to fight the Anti-Monitor again since their magicks would most likely be a non-factor as Earth was transported into the antimatter universe. He left it to the heroes on Earth.

All of which are possible and more probable than your theory. I prefer this though:

4) Simply because the plot required it and the writer ignored any possible motivation or outside persuasion.

There are no indications that the Presence ever chastized the Spectre. Not in the pages of Crisis on Infinite Earths, not in any recap pages in subsequent issues that reference the first Crisis, nowhere except in the very creative and active imagination of a few KMC'ers. So, while your position is possible, I don't find it probable. Considering that it requires extrapolation and a fair bit of imagination and no evidence can be found within the pages of Crisis on Infinite Earths itself, I don't think you should hold any of us to task for failing to agree with your interpretation. At the very least, don't ask us to get out and read it again before posting our own opinions.

fangirl101
A few things here:

dude. LMAO. Mxys power is on a whole other level than The IG. He can freaking Retconn for christ sakes. That is power that ONLY THE WRITERS and Editors have. Please stop now. The fact that Spectre has beaten mxy as well only shows how powerful he is. Myx's power could retconn the power gem into a jelly bean.

KuRuPT Thanosi
LMAO to Mxy being able to turn the gems into jelly beans. You seem pretty versed in things Fan and to not know the powers a wielder of the IG has surprises. Rest assured he couldn't do such a thing. However, regardless of whether you believe which reality warper is superior the fact still remains that Spectre has shown a complete weakness for it. By the way I'm sure you liked my analogy better then yours huh buddy? I hope it's clear that one can surmise that 2nd in command is more powerful then 4,5,6 or whatever more times then that. That isn't just possible it's probable.

TricksterPriest
The IG wouldn't be able to beat Mxy. But seeing as how you're hanging off Thanos's purple nutsack, I'm not going to bother telling you why. wink

And in case you haven't noticed, Spectre's power depends on the whims of the Presence. And in a forum match, he is presumed to have the go-head from his boss. big grin

fangirl101
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
LMAO to Mxy being able to turn the gems into jelly beans. You seem pretty versed in things Fan and to not know the powers a wielder of the IG has surprises. Rest assured he couldn't do such a thing. However, regardless of whether you believe which reality warper is superior the fact still remains that Spectre has shown a complete weakness for it. By the way I'm sure you liked my analogy better then yours huh buddy? I hope it's clear that one can surmise that 2nd in command is more powerful then 4,5,6 or whatever more times then that. That isn't just possible it's probable.
Yes. I retcon is BEYOND any ability that even the LT possesses. It's something that only the writers and editors have shown. Mxy could retcon the Gems into jelly beans. A retcon means that thier power would have never existed.

Enyalus
I never said IG Thanos would beat Mxy. He clearly can't for the reason Fangirl just mentioned...that being that Mxy can exist in our world and toy around with the editors.

My point was that neither Mxy nor Emperor Joker needed to resort to that in order to mess with Spectre. It was solely reality warping feats. Which Thanos can do to an infinite degree within the universe they are battling. That's that.

Mindset
Mxy never existed in our world, I'm sure I would've seen it on the news

Enyalus
Originally posted by Mindset
Mxy never existed in our world, I'm sure I would've seen it on the news

Why do you think no one can locate Osama? Yep. Bingo.

Mindset
Mxy is Osama?

Knowsbleed33
People use the feat that Mxy has been the real world like it's a major feat. The Fantastic Four did the same thing, does that mean they're equal to Mxy?

Enyalus
I'm not at liberty to confirm or reveal that information. Suffice to say, the situation is being monitored.

Takion
So this thread looks like its going to be scary.

Closed.

King Kandy
And in case you haven't noticed, Spectre's power depends on the whims of the Presence. And in a forum match, he is presumed to have the go-head from his boss. big grin
Just what rule is that?

darthgoober
The IG wouldn't be able to beat Mxy. But seeing as how you're hanging off Thanos's purple nutsack, I'm not going to bother telling you why. wink

Wasn't Spectre's boss the Word during COIE?

quanchi112

And in case you haven't noticed, Spectre's power depends on the whims of the Presence. And in a forum match, he is presumed to have the go-head from his boss. big grin The ig most certainly would be able to defeat Mxy and rather easily imho.

This is about Spectre not Spectre and the presence and I have seen the spectre fail and need outside help to deal with some of these big threats.

Again we take what we see on panel and I see Thanos beating the Spectre in a variety of ways.

iceman24567
Spectre wins easily.

Priest
Multiverse>,=Anit Monitor>Super Spectre Spectre
The IG has been stated to be beyond the Multiverse.
erm

Galan007
spectre ftw. on a sidenote, thanos never preformed anything > a universal feat, whilst in possession of the IG.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Priest
Anit Monitor>,=Multiverse>Super Spectre Spectre
erm Really did Mr. Master already post scans saying that? I just want to see where you got this from .

Priest
I just edited my post IceMan.
Multiverse>,=Anit Monitor>Super Spectre Spectre
erm

iceman24567
I just edited my post IceMan. I think you had it right the first time bro.

Priest
Shit ur right.
Im with my first observation:

Knowsbleed33
Spectre has a pretty low showing in Revelations #1. It's not looking good for him.

iceman24567
Spectre has a pretty low showing in Revelations #1. It's not looking good for him. Libra pounding on him was horrible but he killed Effergy why couldn't he jugde Libra?

iceman24567
Shit ur right.
Im with my first observation:

The IG has been stated to be beyond the Multiverse. So the Ig can actually equal the Am?

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by iceman24567
Libra pounding on him was horrible but he killed Effergy why couldn't he jugde Libra?

Dunno friend. Spear of Destiny is back though, should be good.

Mr. Slippyfist
Libra pounding on him was horrible but he killed Effergy why couldn't he jugde Libra? Eternal and unique... apparently.

I'm choosing to ignore it though for this battle.

Mindset
Thanos > Spectre

canon

Board Walker
The IG has never shown to destroy nearly the entire omniverse.

fangirl101
Spectre has a pretty low showing in Revelations #1. It's not looking good for him. Well We know that the Source is ultimately the power behind these 5th world new gods. and we know the source bitched the Spectre before for messing with DS. And we also know that Libra works for the newly upgraded DS. Sooooooo.........

Knowsbleed33
Sooooooo Crispus Allen needs to find a new vocation.

fangirl101
Sooooooo Crispus Allen needs to find a new vocation.
You know the whole point of the new story line is to show the Spectre the true and full potential of his unlimited might right? So maybe him not being able to ***** libra at first has something to do with how and why he has to find his true potential and power.

Knowsbleed33
We'll see friend. It's only #1 after all and the Spear has returned.

fangirl101
We'll see friend. It's only #1 after all and the Spear has returned.
Of Course the Spear Returns. If they amp the spectre to unreal unbeatable powers, and dont' have the spear to threaten him, then his stories would be about an omnipotent running around doing what he wants with no real peril.

Philosophía
Originally posted by darthgoober
Wasn't Spectre's boss the Word during COIE?

The Voice.

Philosophía
Spectre jobs way too much to too many opponents and situations for me to consider him Living Tribunal's equal. Living Tribunal has jobbed to Korvac, Scathan and Thanos w/ THOTU.
One of the best feats that people like to throw around for Spectre is when he manages to become one with the universe and become one with everything. Hell, Living Tribunal managed to grant that to Silver Surfer like he was giving out candy for Halloween. Just my two cents. Others are more suited to a battlezone though.

Considering that unlike the Living Tribunal, it is the host (Corrigan, Hal) and its perceptions of the power that guides the Spectre thus low showings not necessarily being a representation of his true power, not to mention many more appearances in comics on Spectre's behalf in comics compared to the Living Tribunal, it is pretty obvious that the Spectre would have more 'low showings' throughout history.
How exactly has Living Tribunal jobbed to THOTU ? Are you suggesting that Living Tribunal is more powerfull than Thanos w/THOTU but lost due to jobbing ? I sincerily hope not smile
Eh ? That feat is in no way a representation of Spectre's power since he didn't do it under his own power, but instead was offered to see how it truly is to be 'God'. People like to throw this around for the Spectre ? Not really, and why would they since this isn't a representation of Spectre's 'normal' levels of power ? It is a 'different' version of Spectre altogether when it comes to powerlevel since he became 'God'. And comparing what Spectre became to what Living Tribunal transformed Silver Surfer into is laughable to say the least ..

Astner
What most people fail to realize is that battles are based on feats, solely on canon feats. This is the amped Spectre that fought against the Anti-monitor--and the only thing he did was fighting the Anti-monitor who was about to destroy the Multiverse.

Thanos has a lot more feats--not to mention that other users of the infinity gems had the same power, and are therefore also creditable.

Now, the Anti-monitor could destroy the infinite universes (the multiverse). The ultimate nullifier destroyed and recreated the multiverse in a click. That's more than the Anti-monitor ever did, more than the amped Spectre who defeated the Anti-monitor did.

The DC bigots will throw around these hilarious titles such as "Spectre is the wrath of God, duh!". However it's an fallacious argument. Titles does not equal power, feats does. Unless this particular Spectre's, from the "Infinity crisis", feats it's not valid. There are probably version of the Spectre that can overpower the gems, this version however have done nothing to even hint that he could handle the united power of the gems.

It's as simple as that.

Astner

Philosophía
What the f*ck are you talking about ? If you don't have any ideea what's discussed, don't get involved because you only embaress yourself.
We were talking about the fact that Spectre has more low feats than the Living Tribunal, and I explained why that occurs.

Again, what the f*ck are you talking about ? What non-canon event ? What does that have to do with what we were talking about ?
And no, that is your logic.

Spectre learned because that was the whole purpose of him merging with God. 'Confront and understand evil' was one of the main-themes of the Spectre run, and this was the ultimate 'experience'.
Again, don't talk about things you have no clue about.

I completly destroyed your Presence disrespect thread.
You don't even have a goddamn clue about what series or statements you are talking about, since what you are trying to mention didn't happen in Infinite Crisis, and nothing about Spectre having more power than the Presence was mentioned.

Galan007
So the Ig can actually equal the Am? never has an IG user obtained 'true' multiversal power with it .

OneDumbG0

Astner

kevdude

quanchi112
Originally posted by Galan007
spectre ftw. on a sidenote, thanos never preformed anything > a universal feat, whilst in possession of the IG. Again does it matter whether or not he can destroy the multiverse with regards to this battle?

Explain to me why this matters?

quanchi112

Galan007
Again does it matter whether or not he can destroy the multiverse with regards to this battle?

Explain to me why this matters? the latter part of that post wasn't in regards to this battle. it was in regards to anyone who might think thanos /w/ IG was a multiversal being .

KK the Great
Again does it matter whether or not he can destroy the multiverse with regards to this battle?

Explain to me why this matters?

It doesn't.

The "omniversal > multiversal > universal" truism often taken for granted in these battle of omnipotents isn't particularly sound. The terms themselves don't deal in scale so much as scope. A character can have influence in every universe, but it doesn't preclude him from being simply overpowered by a being with absolute power in a single universe.

If I have the power to mind-control a single butterfly in every universe simultaneously, then by definition my power is omniversal. I'd still get my teeth kicked in by Spider-Man, let alone an Infinity Gauntlet wielder.

quanchi112
Originally posted by KK the Great
It doesn't.

The "omniversal > multiversal > universal" truism often taken for granted in these battle of omnipotents isn't particularly sound. The terms themselves don't deal in scale so much as scope. A character can have influence in every universe, but it doesn't preclude him from being simply overpowered by a being with absolute power in a single universe.

If I have the power to mind-control a single butterfly in every universe simultaneously, then by definition my power is omniversal. I'd still get my teeth kicked in by Spider-Man, let alone an Infinity Gauntlet wielder. I agree with you on this kk.

I wanted someone to back up this multiversal vs universal with some sort of an argument because on here posters have been getting free passes soon as they start bringing up multiversal and what not.

Philosophía
Okay now, so let me get this straight. First, this Astner guy posts some random irrelevant stuff about my discussion with with OneDumbGo. Then, after that, he makes the 'God is not Omnipotent anyway', which is totally off-topic, trying to deviate the discussion, despite the fact that I have completly destroyed every one of his arguments once before regarding this subject, while at the same time ignoring the other points about him being totally off-the point in regards to what I said to OneDumbGo.

Okay, so what do we have up until now ? Baiting me to answer the 'God is not Omnipotent', trolling by posting something irrelevant and then when I point that out, you ignore it and .. try to revive the old, closed subject in which you were already proven wrong, deviating the thread.

Oh good smile

Reported.

Philosophía
It's quaint how people like to ignore Spectre's majority showings by using his then-hosts as an excuse for his limitations and then when he is hostless and gets turned into Eclipso's b1tch, it's because he had no host. How convenient. Anyway, yes, one of the most oft thrown around scans when people discuss Spectre at FP or backed by the Presence is that silly "one with the universe" scan. You display that scan and the LT/Silver Surfer scan side-by-side and they're pretty much the same. Go ahead.

I don't really care if you like it or not, so this complaining doesn't help.
And getting 'turned into Eclipso's b*tch' had nothing to do with power, only with Spectre's instability and vulnerability due to missing a host.
I already explained to you why that instance has nothing to do with normal Spectre's power, so there's no point in pursuing this point.
Silver Surfer literally became 'God', contained all of creation inside of him, which was destroyed and reborn?

OneDumbG0
^ Well, no. What you describe is more akin to what Thanos achieved with the Infinity Gauntlet and the Heart of the Universe. Surfer simply expanded to encompass the entire universe for a moment of godhood and smiled a big ole "I just smoked a joint and ate kentucky fried chicken" grin.

Philosophía
Surfer simply expanded to encompass the entire universe for a moment of godhood and smiled a big ole "I just smoked a joint and ate kentucky fried chicken" grin.

I lol'ed.

Astner

fangirl101
wait. Since when did the presence and YWH become one and the same? Given that there are two different mikey's, and two different lucifers( both of whom are mirrors of eachother), elaine is God of vertigo, and there is still a hell in the DCU, then how can The presence and YWH be the same?

Philosophía
Originally posted by Astner
You clearly lack the knowledge of how to debate properly.

Now this ignorant respect less behavior is not worth even posting.

If I were a moderator I'd ban, or suspend you on the spot.

Reported again. smile

Astner

OneDumbG0
Ya'll should probably take this Yahweh = Presence discussion elsewhere. Maybe a Yahweh vs. Presence thread. The discussion looks interesting, but is ultimately completely off-topic.

Astner
Actually it is relevant to the topic because Spectre had the power to see what his master (the Presence) was unable to see when he fought the Anti-monitor.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/9335/am40tt0.th.jpg

OneDumbG0
Actually it is relevant to the topic because Spectre had the power to see what his master (the Presence) was unable to see when he fought the Anti-monitor.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/9335/am40tt0.th.jpg I think it's more reasonable to say that his "master" had never dreamt up those things that Spectre witnessed, rather than being unable to. I mean, just because you perceive a shape that I've never even dreamt of before, doesn't preclude me from being able to draw the shape. At the same time, does the perception of those spectacles have any bearing on how powerful this version of the Spectre was or how well he could cope in a fight of cosmic proportions?

Astner
You missed the point, if you are all-knowing there are no patters that you are unaware of.

fangirl101

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/9335/am40tt0.th.jpg
The Spectre's boss at the time was the Voice/Word. Not the presence.

Philosophía
Ya'll should probably take this Yahweh = Presence discussion elsewhere. Maybe a Yahweh vs. Presence thread. The discussion looks interesting, but is ultimately completely off-topic.

It is he who deviated the thread into the 'DC's God is not supreme', despite already being proven wrong here so instead of pursuing this thread derail, I decided to just report his trolling and baiting smile

Don't feed him. Seriously.

OneDumbG0
You missed the point, if you are all-knowing there are no patters that you are unaware of. So the only point is that you're trying to discuss Yahweh/Presence in a thread he is not a part of? K. Like I said, take it somewhere else. You're allowed to create new threads for that very purpose you know.

Enyalus
Someone please give me a valid explanation of how the amped Spectre would be able to beat/KO/kill an IG wielding Thanos?

fangirl101
Someone please give me a valid explanation of how the amped Spectre would be able to beat/KO/kill an IG wielding Thanos?
A multiversal being simply obliterates a universal one. Thanos with the IG was universal.

KK the Great
A multiversal being simply obliterates a universal one.

There's nothing inherently true about that statement.

Enyalus

If I have the power to mind-control a single butterfly in every universe simultaneously, then by definition my power is omniversal. I'd still get my teeth kicked in by Spider-Man, let alone an Infinity Gauntlet wielder.

I concur...

Spectre is one being, in a single universe doing battle with Thanos. Thanos, in that given universe has total control over Space, Time, Power, Soul, Mind, and Reality. Spectre cannot win.

Astner
You are wrong. The boss of the Spectre was the Presence. The word is simply an aspect through which the Presence communicates, it's not an entity by itself. It's a part of the Presence.

Originally posted by Mr Master
http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/7230/gemox1.th.jpg

"What do you mean NOTHING belongs here? ... This whole Reality is wrong,

"These Two Gems (Time-Reality) must be reunited,
otherwise ALL REALITIES, including this one, will be destroyed,
I have to use them to CREATE a New and stronger Reality,
one whose Fabric isn't unravelling as this one is"

How unfortunate.

Utrigita
A multiversal being simply obliterates a universal one. Thanos with the IG was universal.

Ore was he...

http://img233.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ig8ca4.jpg

Remember that LT left Thanos alone because he only desired "one" reality. (which happened to be the 616 but nevermind)

fangirl101
Originally posted by Utrigita
Ore was he...

Remember that LT left Thanos alone because he only desired "one" reality. (which happened to be the 616 but nevermind)
Thanos Declared himself supreme of that and all universes. we know that isn't true because the LT is supreme over all multiverses. Thanos wasn't supreme. He was just boasting in his new found glory.

fangirl101
You are wrong. The boss of the Spectre was the Presence. The word is simply an aspect through which the Presence communicates, it's not an entity by itself. It's a part of the Presence.

How unfortunate.
Um, The Spectre is also an aspect of The Presence. He's God's hand of wrath/vengeance. So the Word ( an aspect of God) talks to his hand(another aspect of God). Neither are God himself. Oh and your scan means jack to me. saying What Might happen is didly to what actually did happen.

Enyalus
Thanos Declared himself supreme of that and all universes. we know that isn't true because the LT is supreme over all multiverses. Thanos wasn't supreme. He was just boasting in his new found glory.

LT has more control. But control doesn't equal power. It just means his powerset is broader. He simply stopped the gems from working in conjunction with one another. There's no evidence to suggest that had he not done such a thing, an M-body LT would not = or < Thanos.

fangirl101
LT has more control. But control doesn't equal power. It just means his powerset is broader. He simply stopped the gems from working in conjunction with one another. There's no evidence to suggest that had he not done such a thing, an M-body LT would not = or < Thanos.
OMG. The Thanos wanking is REDICULOUS. Thanos had done NOTHING multiversal with the IG. NOTHING. Even when Warlock had the IG and he destroyed the concepts m-bodies, the LT waved his hand with EASE and recreated what Warlock did in anger and effort.

Galan007
Originally posted by Utrigita
Ore was he...

Remember that LT left Thanos alone because he only desired "one" reality. (which happened to be the 616 but nevermind) an IG wielder has never preformed a truly multiversal feat.

Astner
an IG wielder has never preformed a truly multiversal feat.
Magus merged universes. Magus negated the effect of the ultimate nullifier.

KK the Great
LT has more control. But control doesn't equal power. It just means his powerset is broader.

I don't know if I would call it control, exactly, or that his powerset is broader.

I think the best way to put it is that he has greater authority.

Galan007
Magus created and merged universes. that is not a true multiversal feat. that is simply a multi-universal feat. nothing more.

Enyalus
OMG. The Thanos wanking is REDICULOUS. Thanos had done NOTHING multiversal with the IG. NOTHING. Even when Warlock had the IG and he destroyed the concepts m-bodies, the LT waved his hand with EASE and recreated what Warlock did in anger and effort.

*shrugs* I wasn't actually saying that Thanos with the IG was in fact superior to the LT.

I just figured if you could argue that the JLA would beat Dark Phoenix because of two GLs and Zatanna, I might humor you as well. wink

KK the Great
OMG. The Thanos wanking is REDICULOUS. Thanos had done NOTHING multiversal with the IG. NOTHING.

And?

fangirl101
Magus merged universes. Magus negated the effect of the ultimate nullifier.

ZOMG. I"m sitting here laughing at this statement. Magus merged a universe that HE created with the CC's. That universe was already under his control to do with what he wanted.

And Magus did exactly what with the blast of the ultimate nullifier? destroyed Quasar? Even quasar says that the Nullifier misfired would destroy THE UNIVERSE. Game set and match.

fangirl101
And?
Depowered and Hostless Spectre Beat Nabu who is more powerful than the Multiversal Kismet. He also pwned Phantom Stranger who was able to wrest Control of Infinite power from a resisting Spectre of COIE. He also beat the Multiversal wrecking mxy in a game of depowering in a str8 up confrontation. No prep or planning involved. Thanos did NOTHING multiversal.

KK the Great
that is not a true multiversal feat. that is simply a multi-universal feat. nothing more.

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/3955/tomas20w20gun20220head1bh2.jpg

Galan007
^

it was at that point about 7 pages ago. ermm

fangirl101
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/3955/tomas20w20gun20220head1bh2.jpg Are you shooting yourself because you don't understand what he's saying? Controlling two universes is multi-universal. controlling the MULTIVERSE is multiversal.

KK the Great
Depowered and Hostless Spectre Beat Nabu who is more powerful than the Multiversal Kismet. He also pwned Phantom Stranger who was able to wrest Control of Infinite power from a resisting Spectre of COIE. He also beat the Multiversal wrecking mxy in a game of depowering in a str8 up confrontation. No prep or planning involved. Thanos did NOTHING multiversal.

And...?

Enyalus
Pardon my ignorance, but what multiversal feats did Super Spectre have? It's been a decade since reading COIE.

fangirl101
Pardon my ignorance, but what multiversal feats did Super Spectre have? It's been a decade since reading COIE.
I just posted. He's Beaten SEVERAL multiversal beings. Oh and He seperated the multiversal Eternity from the Multiversal Kismet while they were bound by omniversal might in the 12 items of power in JLA avengers Canon cross over.
He's also beaten Parallax, who was creating realities without even trying. As a by product of wiping out the DCU. I"m not the Spectre Expert,Juntai is.

KK the Great

Don't you see?

The Spectre was able to beat Phantom Stranger, who was able to beat the Spectre. It's a circle, and thus infinite!

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>