Thor, BRB, Silver Surfer,Gladiator, Sentry vs.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

fangirl101
Black Adam
Superman
Firestorm
Sodam Yat
Orion With MB and AF

quanchi112
Team 1 wins.

tkitna
Originally posted by quanchi112
Team 1 wins.

I agree

fangirl101
It really just depends on how the match ups end.

quanchi112
Originally posted by fangirl101
It really just depends on how the match ups end. Yat is the weak link here.

Enyalus
Yeah...I don't know. Current Thor and Surfer are quite strong. I think Orion would be the only one to have a good showing against this lineup.

Probably Team 1. This would be a great battle.

iceman24567
The Sentry is the weaklink here he goes down to anybody on team 2.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Enyalus
Yeah...I don't know. Current Thor and Surfer are quite strong. I think Orion would be the only one to have a good showing against this lineup.

Probably Team 1. This would be a great battle.
Firestorm can beat anyone of team 1 except maybe Surfer. Black adam would be a ***** to anyone on team 1. And Sodam yat would be a Big Problem.

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by iceman24567
The Sentry is the weaklink here he goes down to anybody on team 2. That, and Gladiator.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
That, and Gladiator. Hmm maybe not sure if Black Adam can take Gladz. I suppose they can stalemate.

fangirl101
That, and Gladiator.
Gladiator's Speed and strength are a BIG problem. At least in my opinion.

Boy Blue
That, and Gladiator. That, and Firestorm.

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by Boy Blue
That, and Firestorm. That, and you're right.

Enyalus
Firestorm can beat anyone of team 1 except maybe Surfer. Black adam would be a ***** to anyone on team 1. And Sodam yat would be a Big Problem.

Firestorm could beat anyone on the team but Thor or Surfer, I'd agree. But I see Surfer being able to take him out sooo easily. Maybe defuse him or something.

I see BA going down to (don't laugh at me) Sentry...Thor takes Supes. Yat hasn't been impressive so far IMO(though, if he's done anything in FC, don't tell me). There's no way Orion would lose to Glads or BRB though. He'd be the real ***** to put down.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Enyalus
Firestorm could beat anyone on the team but Thor or Surfer, I'd agree. But I see Surfer being able to take him out sooo easily. Maybe defuse him or something.

I see BA going down to (don't laugh at me) Sentry...Thor takes Supes. Yat hasn't been impressive so far IMO(though, if he's done anything in FC, don't tell me). There's no way Orion would lose to Glads or BRB though. He'd be the real ***** to put down. The last Orion was on a different level that upgrade was nuts

Boy Blue
Firestorm can beat anyone of team 1 except maybe Surfer. Black adam would be a ***** to anyone on team 1. And Sodam yat would be a Big Problem. That, and how is Firestorm taking Thor, Bill, and people who are in general way faster than him and have shown to use their speed?

That, and Sentry/Glads aren't the best speedsters, but they're sure a lot faster than Firestorm.

fangirl101
That, and how is Firestorm taking Thor, Bill, and people who are in general way faster than him and have shown to use their speed?

That, and Sentry/Glads aren't the best speedsters, but they're sure a lot faster than Firestorm.
Firestorm has fast buddies to cover his back. And he can also go intangible.

Boy Blue
Firestorm has fast buddies to cover his back. And he can also go intangible. That, and you failed to answer how he's going to take Thor and Bill.

That, and that answer wasn't satisfying anyways.

Mr. Slippyfist
Firestorm has fast buddies to cover his back. And he can also go intangible. That, and it's 5 on 5; who's going to cover his back?

That, and is that really a tactic he uses that much?

Bouboumaster
The mains men on team 2 are Orion and Black "Bad Ass" Adam.

Yat isn't impressive, Firestorm can't match Surfer, and BRB and Thor can counter-act him easely with Storm Breaker/Mjornir
Superman is beaten by BRB, Thor (Via Magic and/or matter manipulation) and by Surfer (Matter manipulation. Surfer rapes Sups in 1 second with his cosmic awarness).

Whatever the line-up, I don't see team 1 loose. BUT I can see some can of whoop-ass opened with Black Adam and Orion. They wouldn't win, but Sentry, Gladiator and BRB would maybe eat they're teeth if they are fighting them in one-on-one.

Surfer is the Male Alpha of the fight.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
The mains men on team 2 are Orion and Black "Bad Ass" Adam.

Yat isn't impressive, Firestorm can't match Surfer, and BRB and Thor can counter-act him easely with Storm Breaker/Mjornir
Superman is beaten by BRB, Thor (Via Magic and/or matter manipulation) and by Surfer (Matter manipulation. Surfer rapes Sups in 1 second with his cosmic awarness).

Whatever the line-up, I don't see team 1 loose. BUT I can see some can of whoop-ass opened with Black Adam and Orion. They wouldn't win, but Sentry, Gladiator and BRB would maybe eat they're teeth if they are fighting them in one-on-one.

Surfer is the Male Alpha of the fight.
What would Surfer do to Sodam Yat? And why can't Firestorm Counter anything Surfer would do to Superman? Would surfer have time to use his cosmic awareness in such a heated and fast paced fight?

Bouboumaster
Seriously, It's not a good idea for Superman to go fighting Marvel when a herald of Galactus is on the other team.

I suggest to replace Superman by classic Captain Marvel. And Firestorm by Hal Jordan. And Yat by, hum... Someone better? Martian Manhunter?

Boy Blue
What would Surfer do to Sodam Yat? And why can't Firestorm Counter anything Surfer would do to Superman? Would surfer have time to use his cosmic awareness in such a heated and fast paced fight? That, and how can you believe that Surfer wouldn't have time to use his CA because the fight's too fast, despite his >c speed, but believe that Firestorm, moving thousands of times slower, would have time to counter all of Surfer's moves?

Boy Blue
And Yat by, hum... Someone better? Martian Manhunter? You know you've hit rock bottom when...

fangirl101
Seriously, It's not a good idea for Superman to go fighting Marvel when a herald of Galactus is on the other team.

I suggest to replace Superman by classic Captain Marvel. And Firestorm by Hal Jordan. And Yat by, hum... Someone better? Martian Manhunter?
Yat is cool. He's the only person I've seen draw blood from a mongul in one punch. He's also protected from his only weakness. He can also manipulate energy on an entirely different kind of level. Turning even fear power into something else. Firestorm is cool.

Mr. Slippyfist
What would Surfer do to Sodam Yat? And why can't Firestorm Counter anything Surfer would do to Superman? Would surfer have time to use his cosmic awareness in such a heated and fast paced fight? He would most likely pelt him with blasts, that skit has worked before.

Would Firestorm have time to defend against the skit that Surfer could potentially do to Supes? It's a two way street, and that skit's not going to fly.

fangirl101
That, and how can you believe that Surfer wouldn't have time to use his CA because the fight's too fast, despite his >c speed, but believe that Firestorm, moving thousands of times slower, would have time to counter all of Surfer's moves?
Surfer usually just blast. And if by chance he say uses solar radiation or kryp, firestorm can counter those. But FS would probably be busy doing something similar to Gladiator.

Mr. Slippyfist
Yat is cool. He's the only person I've seen draw blood from a mongul in one punch. He's also protected from his only weakness. He can also manipulate energy on an entirely different kind of level. Turning even fear power into something else. Firestorm is cool. Wasn't Mongul the one to draw blood from Yat's fists because Yat's a pussy?

That skit isn't useful on the fly, and I don't know why Firestorm is cool... let alone why that needed to be said.

Boy Blue
Firestorm is cool. http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=10952873#post10952873

Because the thread's closed, so quoting becomes a pain in the ass.

Mr. Slippyfist
But FS would probably be busy doing something similar to Gladiator. Using his Cosmic Awareness to figure out that Glads is weak to radiation skit?

fangirl101
Wasn't Mongul the one to draw blood from Yat's fists because Yat's a pussy?

That skit isn't useful on the fly, and I don't know why Firestorm is cool... let alone why that needed to be said.
Well Yat has very few actual appearances. And he's in a book where Guy and Kyle are the stars. So I take him not doing much in the corps with a grain of salt. Really he should be pwning any and all threats. But that would be so boring.

fangirl101
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=10952873#post10952873

Because the thread's closed, so quoting becomes a pain in the ass.
Firestorm is cool for this fight. Please read what I was responding to next time and take it in context. Kthanksgoodnightbye.

Boy Blue
Surfer usually just blast. And if by chance he say uses solar radiation or kryp, firestorm can counter those. But FS would probably be busy doing something similar to Gladiator. You didn't answer the question.

How's Firestorm gonna have time to do skit while his face is being pummeled into a pulp by Gladiator?

Me thinks Glads is a tad faster than Firestorm.

fangirl101
Using his Cosmic Awareness to figure out that Glads is weak to radiation skit?
No. Just taking Glads out.

Boy Blue
Kthanksgoodnightbye. Does that mean you're leaving?

Also, how is someone "cool for this fight"?

Also, Firestorm's the weakest character to fight this match.

Also, that sounds like some copout skit right there.

fangirl101
You didn't answer the question.

How's Firestorm gonna have time to do skit while his face is being pummeled into a pulp by Gladiator?

Me thinks Glads is a tad faster than Firestorm.
Intangibility for the win. And this is a team effort. Superman is faster than everyone on team 1. So he can deflect Glads at any point. As a matter of fact, there are more speedsters on team 2 that gives them an edge to protect Firestorm from a blitz.

Mr. Slippyfist
Well Yat has very few actual appearances. And he's in a book where Guy and Kyle are the stars. So I take him not doing much in the corps with a grain of salt. Really he should be pwning any and all threats. But that would be so boring. But you originally said that Yat drew blood from Mongul, so that's skit.

He looks like he's in a book where the GLC are the stars.

Boy Blue
Intangibility for the win. And this is a team effort. Superman is faster than everyone on team 1. So he can deflect Glads at any point. As a matter of fact, there are more speedsters on team 2 that gives them an edge to protect Firestorm from a blitz. And Firestorm is slower than everyone on team 2... or team 1.

Of course, Superman will have time in between fighting Surfer/Thor/Bill/Glads to stop Firestorm from getting raped.

I like the Fangirl debate style of throwing out character names when convenient.

"Who haven't I mentioned in a while... hmm... Superman! That's who's gonna save Firestorm's ass this time!"

fangirl101
And Firestorm is slower than everyone on team 2... or team 1.

Of course, Superman will have time in between fighting Surfer/Thor/Bill/Glads to stop Firestorm from getting raped.

I like the Fangirl debate style of throwing out character names when convenient.

"Who haven't I mentioned in a while... hmm... Superman! That's who's gonna save Firestorm's ass this time!" I like your debate style where you say Superman is fighting 4 others while his team sits on thier super fast thumbs.

quanchi112
Originally posted by iceman24567
The last Orion was on a different level that upgrade was nuts What upgrade?

Mr. Slippyfist
What upgrade? The one that makes him lay on the ground unconscious.

Boy Blue
I like your debate style where you say Superman is fighting 4 others while his team sits on thier super fast thumbs. I was just throwing out names. He faces any one of those characters, and the fifth on team 1 strolls off and anally rapes Firestorm.

PS, that cumbak was horrible.

quanchi112
And Firestorm is slower than everyone on team 2... or team 1.

"Who haven't I mentioned in a while... hmm... Superman! That's who's gonna save Firestorm's ass this time!" Fangirl does like the dc side to win no matter what it takes.

Mr. Slippyfist
Fangirl, you're an amazing debater, but that cumbak was pretty wak.

Enyalus
PS, that cumbak was horrible.

So is your spelling of 'comeback.' *shudders* My eyes aren't going to feel clean for a week, at least.

quanchi112
Fangirl, you're an amazing debater, but that cumbak was pretty wak. Cosign on amazing debater.

KK the Great

"Who haven't I mentioned in a while... hmm... Superman! That's who's gonna save Firestorm's ass this time!"

That's an inherent problem with these "arbitrary list of characters vs. arbitrary list of characters" threads.

In a fight between two characters, you're forced to get down to brass tacks. But with a cluttered lineup of characters that have no rhyme nor reason, the debate becomes more about dreaming up a perfect team strategy (usually all too reliant on the other team just sort of letting their opponents control the flow of the battle), and then deflecting any criticism of the strategy by using team members to patch the holes, even if doing so would logically get in the way of that team member's role in the original strategy.

Mr. Slippyfist
Cosign on amazing debater. Fangirl's a brick shithouse in that department.

Boy Blue
Originally posted by KK the Great
That's an inherent problem with these "arbitrary list of characters vs. arbitrary list of characters" threads.

In a fight between two characters, you're forced to get down to brass tacks. But with a cluttered lineup of characters that have no rhyme nor reason, the debate becomes more about dreaming up a perfect team strategy (usually all too reliant on the other team just sort of letting their opponents control the flow of the battle), and then deflecting any criticism of the strategy by using team members to patch the holes, even if doing so would logically get in the way of that team member's role in the original strategy.

KMC actually has a rule about maximum characters in a match to prevent this.

But the mods are out.

While the cats are away, the special needs mice will play.

quanchi112

In a fight between two characters, you're forced to get down to brass tacks. But with a cluttered lineup of characters that have no rhyme nor reason, the debate becomes more about dreaming up a perfect team strategy (usually all too reliant on the other team just sort of letting their opponents control the flow of the battle), and then deflecting any criticism of the strategy by using team members to patch the holes, even if doing so would logically get in the way of that team member's role in the original strategy. There is a rarely enforced rule of three vs three here cept teams.

Maximum number of contenders
Let's keep it maximum 3 versus 3, with the exception of teams. More than 2 characters in a match is hard to discuss, threads like that often disappear in 2 days, imagine 8 or 10 characters involved...

(Now, in some cases, an exception or two might be made with some threads. It's usually a judgement call on the moderator's part. But, of course, if a thread has like 25+ characters, it WILL be closed. NO exceptions)
The more characters you add the crazier it gets as you already pointed out. Three vs. three is still doable while 5 vs. 5 is really too much imho.

quanchi112
KMC actually has a rule about maximum characters in a match to prevent this.

But the mods are out.

While the cats are away, the special needs mice will play. I thought you just became a mod?

Boy Blue
I thought you just became a mod? Whatever Red said

Dr Hackenbush
shhh, it's a hush hush thing

fangirl101

arbitrary characters would have been spiderman, ironman, thanos, thor, odin.

I picked the characters I did because They all seem to be near each other in power. I knew Thor and BRB had magic but I also knew the DC side had 4 speedsters. I know Surfer can beat superman easily, but not BA or Orion so easily. Please, stop the insults. It's so ugly.

quanchi112
arbitrary characters would have been spiderman, ironman, thanos, thor, odin.

I picked the characters I did because They all seem to be near each other in power. I knew Thor and BRB had magic but I also knew the DC side had 4 speedsters. I know Surfer can beat superman easily, but not BA or Orion so easily. Please, stop the insults. It's so ugly. Where did he insult you here?

Mr. Slippyfist
Where did he insult you here? By existing.

Fangirl's an atheist.

Boy Blue
By existing.

Fangirl's an atheist. If anything, it should be an insult to KK the Great, that Fangirl doesn't thank him for not smiting her for her insolence.

quanchi112
By existing.

Fangirl's an atheist. Interesting.

Fangirl is an atheist while nverbeenwthagirl went to church.

The only conclusion one can come to is that fangirl isnt nverbeenwthagirl.

Mr. Slippyfist
If anything, it should be an insult to KK the Great, that Fangirl doesn't thank him for not smiting her for her insolence. I think he's just trying to bring the fear of KK the Great into her right now. Next time, she won't be so lucky.

Interesting.

The only conclusion one can come to is that fangirl isnt nverbeenwthagirl. Pretty much. This saves Fangirl from any future pain of accusations.

Dr Hackenbush
Interesting.

The only conclusion one can come to is that fangirl isnt nverbeenwthagirl.

Just like Trickster is smart.

Board Walker
Firestorm? Red element symbolic firestorm, so multiverse power firestorm who represents the "red"? That firestorm?

As for Orion, were talking about latest orion? Who was battling a source backed infinite man, killed Darkseid by channeling darkseids own source of power and over powering him, and is currently the herald for the source+ale...that orion?

fangirl101
Originally posted by Board Walker
Firestorm? Red element symbolic firestorm, so multiverse power firestorm who represents the "red"? That firestorm?

As for Orion, were talking about latest orion? Who was battling a source backed infinite man, killed Darkseid by channeling darkseids own source of power and over powering him, and is currently the herald for the source+ale...that orion?
Orion Currently is galactic energy dust. But I was really going for just the classic Orion that fought IM before He seemingly died the first time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.