Amazo(peak) vs Thanos w/infinity gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

skyfather
who wins.

Diamond Kisses
Uuuuuh, A.M.A.Z.O? He should last long enough to have a look at Thanos and rob him of his powers. Since it is a known fact that A.M.A.Z.O can also duplicate items, I am not sure even the infinity gauntlet will be safe from copy.

quanchi112
Thanos...easily.

fangirl101
IG.

guy222
poor amazo

Enyalus
Amazo isn't organic, right?...There are just sooo many things Thanos can do, off the draw, to wreck it.

Utrigita
Thanos for the win in a stomp.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by Diamond Kisses
Uuuuuh, A.M.A.Z.O? He should last long enough to have a look at Thanos and rob him of his powers. Since it is a known fact that A.M.A.Z.O can also duplicate items, I am not sure even the infinity gauntlet will be safe from copy.

in the entire marvel omniverse, the gems/gauntlets were singular creations. If skyfathers, elemental forces of creation, and abstracts couldn't replicate it, and could only fight over it...I don't give amazo very good odds of replicating it either. He'd likely explode in the attempt or something- assuming thanos didn't simply obliterate him from the timestream or throw a planet at him before he got the chance.

(that being said, the super adaptoid DID replicate a mature cube being once, so something like that might be possible)

but assume for a second that AMAZO could replicate the gauntlet in it's entirety. So it was Thanos with the infinity gauntlet vs. amazo with the gauntlet.

it's been shown that the gauntlet's power is directly related to the wielder's ability and skill with it, and I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that Thanos' experience and skill with the gems/full gauntlet trumps amazo's.

Either way, thanos FTW.

Takion
no expression

Diamond Kisses
Originally posted by Takion
no expression

Your point would be ..?

Nihilist
Your point would be ..? Originally posted by Diamond Kisses
this

Takion
Originally posted by Nihilist
this
2plus2equals

Diamond Kisses
Hmm?

Nihilist
Originally posted by Takion
2plus2equals durpunk

Takion
durpunk
jherb

TricksterPriest
Amazo has duped the Worlogog.......he can dupe the IG. And with half the Gog's power, he'll be able to last long enough to do it.

hulkcpbifiussjf
Thanos destroys him

joesdabest1
Amazon gets 1 shotted.

Nihilist
Thanos

tkitna
Amazo gets destroyed within seconds. This is close (or may even be) spite.

Knowsbleed33
It's spite.

Galan007
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Amazo has duped the Worlogog.......he can dupe the IG. And with half the Gog's power, he'll be able to last long enough to do it. thumb up

KK the Great
I couldn't help but notice that this is two pages.

Sup3rman1521
Now i agree Thanos w/ IG wins this surely. But does Amazo have the power to replicate powers of objects or just characters' powers?

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by KK the Great
I couldn't help but notice that this is two pages.

And? Taking Amazo at his peak, he wins.

Badabing
Originally posted by Sup3rman1521
Now i agree Thanos w/ IG wins this surely. But does Amazo have the power to replicate powers of objects or just characters' powers? Amazo has replicated GL's power ring and Zatanna's magic to name a few.....

KK the Great
There's nothing better than when someone makes a thread so obviously lopsided that there's no way it is anything but spite, and then there are still people so mind-bogglingly biased as to argue it.

OneDumbG0
And? Taking Amazo at his peak, he wins. And your reasoning is... ?

TricksterPriest
Worlogog=IG. If you can copy one high end artifact with abstract level power, you can copy another.

OneDumbG0
^ As far as I've seen from other discussions, most people concede that the Worlogog doesn't imbue you with inherent defenses and can't even protect you from simple mind-screwing.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ As far as I've seen from other discussions, most people concede that the Worlogog doesn't imbue you with inherent defenses and can't even protect you from simple mind-screwing.

If you're refering to what happened in Rock of Ages with Joker, although he was able to figure out what Gog was and use it, he didn't have the slightest clue as to how far he could go. That wasn't even 1/1000th of what Extant or Hourman did with it. Extant used it to become one of the most powerful beings in DC history.

Seriously, check the respect thread, Extant was uber even before he got the Gog. Or better yet, check out what Amazo did with only half of it copied.

KK the Great
If only Adam Warlock had though to call on the Absorbing Man during the Infinity Gauntlet affair, huh?

Surely he would've triumphed where Eternity, Galactus, Lord Order, Master Chaos, two Celestials, Epoch, Death, Love, Hate, Kronos, Mephisto, and The Stranger failed.

OneDumbG0
If you're refering to what happened in Rock of Ages with Joker, although he was able to figure out what Gog was and use it, he didn't have the slightest clue as to how far he could go. That wasn't even 1/1000th of what Extant or Hourman did with it. Extant used it to become one of the most powerful beings in DC history.

Seriously, check the respect thread, Extant was uber even before he got the Gog. Or better yet, check out what Amazo did with only half of it copied. Refresh me on this,... what does Extant's abilities before possessing the Worlogog have anything to do with this thread?

And remind me, what does Amazo's limited ability to absorb only half of Hourman's powers do to prove that Amazo at his peak with the Worlogog = Thanos w/ the Infinity Gauntlet? Especially when half of Hourman's powers were apaprently enough to overcome Amazo's threat?

Knowsbleed33
People on here seem to forget how very intelligent Thanos is. If he even believes in the slightest Amazo can copy the IG's powers he'll destroy him immediately.

TricksterPriest
Refresh me on this,... what does Extant's abilities before possessing the Worlogog have anything to do with this thread?

And remind me, what does Amazo's limited ability to absorb only half of Hourman's powers do to prove that Amazo at his peak with the Worlogog = Thanos w/ the Infinity Gauntlet? Especially when half of Hourman's powers were apaprently enough to overcome Amazo's threat?

He absorbed half of the Worlogog when Hourman had it.

And Hourman got his ass kicked for the most part by Timazo. Hourman just didn't get how to use the gog at it's max.

OneDumbG0
He absorbed half of the Worlogog when Hourman had it.

And Hourman got his ass kicked for the most part by Timazo. Hourman just didn't get how to use the gog at it's max. And how did only being able to absorb half of his powers save Amazo from ultimately being defeated by Hourman?

bbrem123
this is ridiculous...amazo has no chance at all

TricksterPriest
And how did only being able to absorb half of his powers save Amazo from ultimately being defeated by Hourman?

What makes you think he lost.........? wink

OneDumbG0
What makes you think he lost.........? wink Being lost in the timestream and not being seen again since was not something that Amazo wanted to happen. Hence, he lost to Hourman. And what does pointing out his limitation of only being able to absorb half the powers and still being banished by Hourman do to prove your case that this Amazo could defeat Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet? So again, what's your reasoning behind Amazo winning?

george '06
how the hell did this get more than 3 replies, and why werne t they
"thanos"
"thanos easily"
"spite"

TricksterPriest
the Gog's power will give him enough time to copy the IG itself.

OneDumbG0
the Gog's power will give him enough time to copy the IG itself. Amazo at his peak was Amazo with half of Hourman's powers... You could argue that Amazo could be quick on the draw and pause time or summon versions of himself, all in an attempt to stall Thanos and copy the Infinity Gauntlet, but there's two things you don't appear to be considering:

1) Thanos w/ IG already starts the battle with complete mastery over time. Amazo starts with, for lack of a better term, half. So in a quick draw session, a full Infinity Gauntlet trumps half a Worlogog, whether or not you decide to believe that the Worlogog is equal to the Infinity Gauntlet.

2) And considering that Amazo was only able to copy half of Hourman's powers... what makes you think he'll be able to copy the full Infinity Gauntlet?

Also, Amazo with half of Hourman's powers never demonstrated anywhere near the level of supreme power you're alluding to. And he was about as whiny as you could get to boot. Thanos may always end up subconsciously giving up supreme power, but he never whined like this:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_amazohrmn4.jpg

bbrem123
Originally posted by george '06
how the hell did this get more than 3 replies, and why werne t they
"thanos"
"thanos easily"
"spite"

because there r a lot of DC fanboys out there

quanchi112
And? Taking Amazo at his peak, he wins. No no no.

The ig stomps him. It can blink him out with the snap of his fingers. Spite.

Harbinger
OneDumbGo wins.

Nihilist
the Gog's power will give him enough time to copy the IG itself. crylaughthats some bad fanboyism there

Doctor-Alvis
Amazo has duped the Worlogog.
Originally posted by Badabing
Amazo has replicated GL's power ring and Zatanna's magic to name a few.....
If true, you have won me over.

Space M ummy
Amazo at his peak was Amazo with half of Hourman's powers... You could argue that Amazo could be quick on the draw and pause time or summon versions of himself, all in an attempt to stall Thanos and copy the Infinity Gauntlet, but there's two things you don't appear to be considering:

1) Thanos w/ IG already starts the battle with complete mastery over time. Amazo starts with, for lack of a better term, half. So in a quick draw session, a full Infinity Gauntlet trumps half a Worlogog, whether or not you decide to believe that the Worlogog is equal to the Infinity Gauntlet.

2) And considering that Amazo was only able to copy half of Hourman's powers... what makes you think he'll be able to copy the full Infinity Gauntlet?

Also, Amazo with half of Hourman's powers never demonstrated anywhere near the level of supreme power you're alluding to. And he was about as whiny as you could get to boot. Thanos may always end up subconsciously giving up supreme power, but he never whined like this:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_amazohrmn4.jpg

THIS.

Amazo has no shot at all here. And comparing the 'gog to the IG is lunacy. The Gog was destroyed utterly by superman's HEAT VISION. (Rock of Ages, JLA)

Every abstract combined couldn't even scratch Thanos/Magus when he had it, and Warlock one shot KOed all of them simultaneously (yes, ALL of them) before he gave it up. how anyone thinks peak amazo somehow has more power than death, eternity, infinity, several celestials, galactus, the stranger, oblivion etc put together is a mystery to me.

Only the tribunal (acting as the rep of TOAA) even had a chance at matching him, and even he admitted that an all out battle between himself and warlock would lay waste to all reality in the process.

The IG is leagues and leagues past the 'gog. Total control of not only time and space, but reality, power, and the soul.

The Ultimate Nullifier can completely erase individuals or even entire timelines in the blink of an eye, as if they never existed. The IG is FAR more powerful.

Hell, Amazo can and would likely be completely depowered and his atoms scattered across the omniverse before he knew what happened.

this is massive spite.

guy222
thanos ftw

ig>un>amazo

fangirl101
Originally posted by Space M ummy
THIS.

Amazo has no shot at all here. And comparing the 'gog to the IG is lunacy. The Gog was destroyed utterly by superman's HEAT VISION. (Rock of Ages, JLA)

Every abstract combined couldn't even scratch Thanos/Magus when he had it, and Warlock one shot KOed all of them simultaneously (yes, ALL of them) before he gave it up. how anyone thinks peak amazo somehow has more power than death, eternity, infinity, several celestials, galactus, the stranger, oblivion etc put together is a mystery to me.

Only the tribunal (acting as the rep of TOAA) even had a chance at matching him, and even he admitted that an all out battle between himself and warlock would lay waste to all reality in the process.

The IG is leagues and leagues past the 'gog. Total control of not only time and space, but reality, power, and the soul.

The Ultimate Nullifier can completely erase individuals or even entire timelines in the blink of an eye, as if they never existed. The IG is FAR more powerful.

Hell, Amazo can and would likely be completely depowered and his atoms scattered across the omniverse before he knew what happened.

this is massive spite.

Your post is basically mostly wrong. Amazo doesn't win this. But get your facts str8 on what the Gog is. How did superman destroy it when a part of it was being used in the brave and the bold?

Also how does the Gog not have power over the very same aspects that the IG does when extant created an entire universe and EVERYTHING that comes along with it. Lives, Souls, minds, etc. Please inform me how does one do that without mastery over those elements?

Since when did the IG have total control over anything? It has shown total control over those concepts with IN any given universe. And even then, I'd say not the mind. becuz if the wielder had control over the mind, then how come people are still able to resist and mount an attack against the IG user?

fangirl101
Originally posted by guy222
thanos ftw

ig>un>amazo
IG more versatile. UN more powerful.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by fangirl101
Your post is basically mostly wrong. Amazo doesn't win this. But get your facts str8 on what the Gog is. How did superman destroy it when a part of it was being used in the brave and the bold?

i do have my facts straight. Superman destroyed it, creating two divergent timelines, one in which the gog was obliterated and darkseid took over the planet earth. the intervention of a corrupt metron as well as hourman and the inhabitants of wonderworld allowed Kyle Rayner, the flash, and aquaman to restore the timeline as it was. SO, the 'gog survived in the new "corrected" timeline, but in the original one was obliterated. By heat vision. In contrast, nothing has ever been shown to be able to destroy even one gem, let alone the entire gauntlet.

the gog itself is a map/tool of space/time. It is NOT a soul, reality, mind, or power manipulator (as the IG is.) at best everything it can do can be done by 2/5ths of the IG.

Since magus used it to control/manipulate more than one with an INCOMPLETE gauntlet? It's also been stated ON PANEL to exceed the abilities of not one but dozens of cosmic cubes (which are multiversal) as well as to casually deflect a blast from the UN (which is ALSO multiversal). Check the respect threads.

Again, per the LT an all out fight between warlock with the gem and himself would lay waste to all reality in the process. Not just 616 as the LT has been shown to be more than willing to sacrifice one universe for the sake of others...ALL of it.

the power of the IG is dependent on the user's skill with it- and some of the "people" that mounted an attack against aren't alive (see: the abstracts) and don't have minds as we understand them. There's also simplicity to consider. Why attempt to mind control them all (when Thanos, Warlock, and Magus weren't really telepaths) when you could simply blast them to atoms?

fangirl101
i do have my facts straight. Superman destroyed it, creating two divergent timelines, one in which the gog was obliterated and darkseid took over the planet earth. the intervention of a corrupt metron as well as hourman and the inhabitants of wonderworld allowed Kyle Rayner, the flash, and aquaman to restore the timeline as it was. SO, the 'gog survived in the new "corrected" timeline, but in the original one was obliterated. By heat vision. In contrast, nothing has ever been shown to be able to destroy even one gem, let alone the entire gauntlet.

the gog itself is a map/tool of space/time. It is NOT a soul, reality, mind, or power manipulator (as the IG is.) at best everything it can do can be done by 2/5ths of the IG.

Since magus used it to control/manipulate more than one with an INCOMPLETE gauntlet? It's also been stated ON PANEL to exceed the abilities of not one but dozens of cosmic cubes (which are multiversal) as well as to casually deflect a blast from the UN (which is ALSO multiversal). Check the respect threads.

Again, per the LT an all out fight between warlock with the gem and himself would lay waste to all reality in the process. Not just 616 as the LT has been shown to be more than willing to sacrifice one universe for the sake of others...ALL of it.

the power of the IG is dependent on the user's skill with it- and some of the "people" that mounted an attack against aren't alive (see: the abstracts) and don't have minds as we understand them.
First of all, The Gog has been described as a map of space and time. If that is all it is, then how come people can convert matter, destroy matter, rearrange, reality, create universes with it? It's just a damned map. Could have fooled me.

Also, How can something be destroyed in one time line and then come into being in a new time line when it is a mirror of reality? In order to destroy it, wouldn't the universe itself have to be destroyed?

Who said anything about destroing the guantlet?

when was it ever shown that a fight between the Lt, likely an mbody, and the Ig would destroy ALL reality? WTH?

So your saying that the Ig has been stated on panel to exceed the cosmic cubes which are multiversal but the magus used a cosmic cube to make ONE universe and then had to use the ig to Merge the other universe he created becuz it was faster? sounds fishy.
And the UN doesn't always perform multiversal feats. Galactus can blow up a star system. does that mean every blast he shoots out is star system level? So what makes you think just becuz the IG turned the energy on quasar or how ever the magus did it, that that automaticaly makes it multiversal?

OneDumbG0
First of all, The Gog has been described as a map of space and time. If that is all it is, then how come people can convert matter, destroy matter, rearrange, reality, create universes with it? It's just a damned map. Could have fooled me.

Also, How can something be destroyed in one time line and then come into being in a new time line when it is a mirror of reality? In order to destroy it, wouldn't the universe itself have to be destroyed?

Who said anything about destroing the guantlet?

when was it ever shown that a fight between the Lt, likely an mbody, and the Ig would destroy ALL reality? WTH?

So your saying that the Ig has been stated on panel to exceed the cosmic cubes which are multiversal but the magus used a cosmic cube to make ONE universe and then had to use the ig to Merge the other universe he created becuz it was faster? sounds fishy.
And the UN doesn't always perform multiversal feats. Galactus can blow up a star system. does that mean every blast he shoots out is star system level? So what makes you think just becuz the IG turned the energy on quasar or how ever the magus did it, that that automaticaly makes it multiversal? The Worlogog allowed him to manipulate Space and Time. Most of the feats I saw Extant do with it were based solely around manipulating those two things. Like taking away Jay Garrick's speed by changing the event that gave him his powers. Or hastening the end of the universe. Or transporting himself around, although he seemed to use the Moebius Chair for some of those feats. Don't know why.

I do agree that Magus' feat does not automatically place the Infinity Gauntlet over the Ultimate Nullifier. Using that logic, Black Alice is also multiversal since she usurped the multiversal Spectre's powers.

And that logic makes Hulk angry. And you wouldn't like Hulk when he's angry... durhulk

Space M ummy

nope. think of it as a retcon. The gog was destroyed but the universe was not along with it. The flash, GL, and aquaman (using FTL bodies that could time travel...sorta) saw the ruined earth that resulted many years in the future, then traveled back in time to before the gog was destroyed and sent a telepathic alert to MM that allowed him to stop superman from obliterating it.

It sounds like you've never read rock of ages that explained all this. perhaps you should, then come back.

I did, since if you're going to put it on the same level as the IG, a simple durability comparison shows it's nowhere close. Heat vision destroyed the gog. this is fact, whether you're aware of it or not.

In comparison, nothing has ever been shown to be able to even scratch one gem, let alone the entire gauntlet.

Warlock and the infinity watch #1, stated by the LT himself.

It's only fishy if your understanding is poor. Magus had a COLLECTION of cosmic containment units. not just one. And an act that would have taken hours with SEVERAL cubes was completed instantaneously with the gauntlet, because the gauntlet was more powerful. keep in mind that gauntlet he was using was incomplete.

the UN is capable of multiversal level destruction if the user is competent enough. The fact that quasar couldn't hurt magus with it means one of two things:

1.) he didn't consider magus enough of a threat to go all out with it- essentially blasting him on "low"...which is a stupid enough assumption to be discarded immediately

OR

2.) Quasar simply wasn't a strong enough user to pull off a multiversal attack with it, as reed richard was. kind of an odd assumption, given that quasar's quantum bands are themselves difficult to control (quasar #1 has them annihiliating every other user that tried) but possible.

BUT

3.) if THAT's the case, then someone more powerful...perhaps galactus himself, since he was there...would have tried to use it to stop thanos, warlock, or magus when they were running around with the gauntlet. Yet, no one even made the attempt. The UN never came up. If it's multiversal power...which is enough to obliterate every reality in the MU when held by REED RICHARDS let alone an abstract...was sufficient to take out the gauntlet then someone would have tried. no one in all of reality did.

the only conclusion that makes any sense is that the gauntlet >>> the UN, as was shown in quasar v. magus.

There's also the issue of the combined power of the gems being used to merge marvel and the ultraverse together, which clearly and indisputably demonstrates the gauntlet's power is multiversal.

seriously. all this is in the respect thread. go and brush up, then come back.

fangirl101
nope. think of it as a retcon. The gog was destroyed but the universe was not along with it. The flash, GL, and aquaman (using FTL bodies that could time travel...sorta) saw the ruined earth that resulted many years in the future, then traveled back in time to before the gog was destroyed and sent a telepathic alert to MM that allowed him to stop superman from obliterating it.

It sounds like you've never read rock of ages that explained all this. perhaps you should, then come back.

I did, since if you're going to put it on the same level as the IG, a simple durability comparison shows it's nowhere close. Heat vision destroyed the gog. this is fact, whether you're aware of it or not.

In comparison, nothing has ever been shown to be able to even scratch one gem, let alone the entire gauntlet.

Warlock and the infinity watch #1, stated by the LT himself.

It's only fishy if your understanding is poor. Magus had a COLLECTION of cosmic containment units. not just one. And an act that would have taken hours with SEVERAL cubes was completed instantaneously with the gauntlet, because the gauntlet was more powerful. keep in mind that gauntlet he was using was incomplete.

the UN is capable of multiversal level destruction if the user is competent enough. The fact that quasar couldn't hurt magus with it means one of two things:

1.) he didn't consider magus enough of a threat to go all out with it- essentially blasting him on "low"...which is a stupid enough assumption to be discarded immediately

OR

2.) Quasar simply wasn't a strong enough user to pull off a multiversal attack with it, as reed richard was. kind of an odd assumption, given that quasar's quantum bands are themselves difficult to control (quasar #1 has them annihiliating every other user that tried) but possible.

BUT

3.) if THAT's the case, then someone more powerful...perhaps galactus himself, since he was there...would have tried to use it to stop thanos, warlock, or magus when they were running around with the gauntlet. Yet, no one even made the attempt. The UN never came up. If it's multiversal power...which is enough to obliterate every reality in the MU when held by REED RICHARDS let alone an abstract...was sufficient to take out the gauntlet then someone would have tried. no one in all of reality did.

the only conclusion that makes any sense is that the gauntlet >>> the UN, as was shown in quasar v. magus.

There's also the issue of the combined power of the gems being used to merge marvel and the ultraverse together, which clearly and indisputably demonstrates the gauntlet's power is multiversal.

seriously. all this is in the respect thread. go and brush up, then come back.
So many things wrong with this. So many. Just becuz someone didn't try something in a story means that it wouldn't have worked. Indeed. I don't even feel like bothering with the rest. It won't do any good anyway. we are both going to think the way we think.

Space M ummy
So many things wrong with this. So many. Just becuz someone didn't try something in a story means that it wouldn't have worked. Indeed. I don't even feel like bothering with the rest. It won't do any good anyway. we are both going to think the way we think.

Whatever you say man. laughing laughing

I feel I did a pretty decent job of refuting/addressing any issues you had with my argument. If you choose "not to bother" from this point on, it's your choice.

Priest
Giving up, eh? mhmm

h1a8
Doesn't this Amazo have the reflexes of Flash, Superman, WW, and GL combined? Doesn't this Amazo have time stopping powers? Doesn't this Amazo have the combined speed of Flash, Superman, and WW?

If so then based solely off of powerset he beats Thanos 10/10 by taking the IG off of Thanos.

guy222
IG more versatile. UN more powerful.

IG>UN

fangirl101
IG>UN
When the IG erases the multiverse and recreates it let me know. Heck, has the IG ever made one universe?

OneDumbG0
IG>UN Respectfully disagree.

UN > IG in terms of feats.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by h1a8
Doesn't this Amazo have the reflexes of Flash, Superman, WW, and GL combined? Doesn't this Amazo have time stopping powers? Doesn't this Amazo have the combined speed of Flash, Superman, and WW?

If so then based solely off of powerset he beats Thanos 10/10 by taking the IG off of Thanos.

uh...the abstracts that faced off against warlock/magus/thanos with the gauntlet have physical stats that are literally infinite. having the speed and reflexes of the flash wouldn't help.

And the IG grants the user total control of space and time and most certainly has time stopping and time travel powers. Rune used just the time gem to time stop the other gem users and steal the gems away.

also, "peak" amazo only had 50% of the abilities of the gog. Thanos would have 100% use of the time gem, as well as 100% of the space, power, mind, soul, and reality gems.

The gauntlet can and has also been used to simply DE-power individuals as well.

This is thanos in a stomp.

fangirl101
uh...the abstracts that faced off against warlock/magus/thanos with the gauntlet have physical stats that are literally infinite. having the speed and reflexes of the flash wouldn't help.

And the IG grants the user total control of space and time and most certainly has time stopping and time travel powers. Rune used just the time gem to time stop the other gem users and steal the gems away.

also, "peak" amazo only had 50% of the abilities of the gog. Thanos would have 100% use of the time gem, as well as 100% of the space, power, mind, soul, and reality gems.

Since the Ig grants a user control over time and space, wouldn't it be easy for an IG user to simply turn space around on say a blaster so they they own themselves?

guy222
Respectfully disagree.

UN > IG in terms of feats.

We will disagree on this one, friend

guy222
When the IG erases the multiverse and recreates it let me know. Heck, has the IG ever made one universe?

I didn't say anything about making a universe, friend

UN>IG. Ur choice

IG>UN. My choice

We will agree to disagree

TricksterPriest
Since the Ig grants a user control over time and space, wouldn't it be easy for an IG user to simply turn space around on say a blaster so they they own themselves?

Just so you know, Magus did that to Quasar when he tried to kill Magus with the UN. That was with 4 gems btw.

Thinking it over, Thanos would win the majority only if he took Amazo out fast. As in, not playing around and trying to use his full power. Anything less, and Amazo gets time to copy the IG and it's good game.

Space M ummy

actually, yes. consider that runner with the space gem was subconciously using it to warp space, arriving at places light years apart before he knew he wanted to be there.

really, the only limitations of the gauntlet shown so far have been with the skill of the user, and that the LT was more powerful than warlock equipped with it...and even then it would have been a fight. Something tells me "infinity being/nemesis vs. LT" wouldn't be as easy to call.

but could amazo actually do it? wasn't he only able to copy 50% of the gog? the abilities of the gog could be summed up as only 1/3 (2/6 gems that is...time and space) of a complete IG.

copying all of them might be a tall order.

TheBadguy
I can't tell you how much I'm enjoying this thread. The whole time I read this whole thread I was thinking now if only h1a8 would show up this thread would be so epic and then I reach this post...lo and behold

laughing out loud

Space M ummy
Originally posted by TheBadguy
I can't tell you how much I'm enjoying this thread. The whole time I read this whole thread I was thinking now if only h1a8 would show up this thread would be so epic and then I reach this post...lo and behold

laughing out loud

I know, right? If only someone with superspeed had been around during the infinity gauntlet saga! oh wait... laughing laughing laughing

Space M ummy

The power of nemesis (the complete IG + the sentience of the ego gem) most certainly did this. erased 616 and the ultraverse, merged them into a new one, then later, we see Wave after wave of the released power of nemesis creating reality upon reality.

http://img352.imageshack.us/my.php?image=n5pa7.jpg

also, one cosmic cube can create a universe. the power of the IG exceeds that of the cosmic egg which was what...about 30 of them?

seriously people. respect threads. they're not just for breakfast anymore.

guy222
very good threads done by respected posters

Takion
very good threads done by respected posters
I was lurking awecreep

CaptainStoic

I was under the impression that Thanos did actually create his own reality for a short time. It happened in the Infinity Gauntlet Saga.

I would think that an adept IG user such as Thanos could undo anything that Amazo attempted to do, and just remove him/it from reality.

quanchi112
When the IG erases the multiverse and recreates it let me know. Heck, has the IG ever made one universe? Answer me this. Would an ig user defeat a un user?

quanchi112
Respectfully disagree.

UN > IG in terms of feats. In a forum battle the ig destroys the un though.

Endrict Nuul
Thanos for the win in a spite shit stomp (SSS).

TheBadguy
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Thanos for the win in a spite shit stomp (SSS).

Are you mad? Have you not paid attention? Amazo has the reflexes of WW, a GL, Superman AND FLASH COM-BINED! HE RIPS OFF THE GAUNTLET!!

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by TheBadguy
Are you mad? Have you not paid attention? Amazo has the reflexes of WW, a GL, Superman AND FLASH COM-BINED! HE RIPS OFF THE GAUNTLET!!

I can understand that you don't read Marvel comics, do you??

bbrem123
I can understand that you don't read Marvel comics, do you??

i think he was joking

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by bbrem123
i think he was joking

I hope so.....

Philosophía
Amazo stops time before Thanos can react to use the gauntlet, and then take his time doing whatever the hell he wants to. shifty

starlock
Thanos/IG wins ...easy way to easy i.m.o

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by quanchi112
In a forum battle the ig destroys the un though. Even though the Ultimate Nullifier has displayed more power than the Infinity Guantlet? Yea. No thanks. I never ascribed to the "Black Alice > Spectre" rationale. The Infinity Gauntlet has done nothing on it's own, close to what the Ultimate Nuliifier has accomplished.

psycho gundam
amazo gets erased 10/10

quanchi112
Even though the Ultimate Nullifier has displayed more power than the Infinity Guantlet? Yea. No thanks. I never ascribed to the "Black Alice > Spectre" rationale. The Infinity Gauntlet has done nothing on it's own, close to what the Ultimate Nuliifier has accomplished. In a forum battle you really think Galactus could have beaten Thanos w/ig if only he would have used the un? No way in hell.

I never subscribed to the Black Alice>spectre rationale either. In Infinity War Magus wasnt after the un he was after the ig. Ig>un.

OneDumbG0
In a forum battle you really think Galactus could have beaten Thanos w/ig if only he would have used the un? No way in hell.

I never subscribed to the Black Alice>spectre rationale either. In Infinity War Magus wasnt after the un he was after the ig. Ig>un. Nobody realized how powerful the Ultimate Nullifer was except for Reed and Galactus and Roma. In a forum battle where one person is armed with the Ultimate Nullifier and one person is armed with the Infinity Gauntlet, it's a matter of who fires first. As a matter of measuring e-penis length, the Ultimate Nullifier has, by far, greater feats than the Infinity Gauntlet. That much, is indisputable.

If the quick draw method can't give you a conclusion either way, measurement by feats is the next best thing. Seriously, if Reed clicked the Ultimate Nullifier and rewrote the entire Multiverse like he did int he Abraxas storyline, what is anybody with the Infinity Gauntlet going to do about it?

quanchi112
Nobody realized how powerful the Ultimate Nullifer was except for Reed and Galactus and Roma. In a forum battle where one person is armed with the Ultimate Nullifier and one person is armed with the Infinity Gauntlet, it's a matter of who fires first. As a matter of measuring e-penis length, the Ultimate Nullifier has, by far, greater feats than the Infinity Gauntlet. That much, is indisputable.

If the quick draw method can't give you a conclusion either way, measurement by feats is the next best thing. Seriously, if Reed clicked the Ultimate Nullifier and rewrote the entire Multiverse like he did int he Abraxas storyline, what is anybody with the Infinity Gauntlet going to do about it? So if the ig series took place after the un was revealed to be this powerful,then it would trump it?

I am not familiar with the Abraxas storyline. Did the Lt oppose this rewriting of the universe or could he oppose it in your opinion?

OneDumbG0
So if the ig series took place after the un was revealed to be this powerful,then it would trump it?

I am not familiar with the Abraxas storyline. Did the Lt oppose this rewriting of the universe or could he oppose it in your opinion? Perhaps. If the Infinity Gauntlet performed multiversal feats. LT wasn't a part of the Abraxas storyline. Multi-Eternity and Roma, the Omniversal Guardian, made appearances in the storyline.

quanchi112
Perhaps. If the Infinity Gauntlet performed multiversal feats. LT wasn't a part of the Abraxas storyline. Multi-Eternity and Roma, the Omniversal Guardian, made appearances in the storyline. So did Thanos only beat Eternity and not this multi-eternity in the infinity gauntlet? I will have to give this a read. What issues and volume of the fantastic four did this take place in?

OneDumbG0
So did Thanos only beat Eternity and not this multi-eternity in the infinity gauntlet? I will have to give this a read. What issues and volume of the fantastic four did this take place in? The Abraxas storyline was the first time we see Multi-Eternity. The two storylines do not mesh well. Many a people have tried to reconcile the two. Some people suggest that Eternity in Infinity Gauntlet was a singular 616 Eternity. Others have suggested that because it was 616 Eternity, it was just as good as Multi-Eternity. The way you take your tea is how you decide between the two. Fact is, Starlin never bothered with the multiverse. Even in Marvel Universe: The End, when Living Tribunal summons everyone to fight Thanos, he still only summons 616 heroes, villains and Abstracts. You never see alternate reality versions.

Fantastic Four Annual 2001 and Fantastic Four vol. 3, #46-49.

TricksterPriest
The IG vs. UN arguement is an old one. Now, although the UN's power has been revealed to be higher than previously thought, I can see the full IG stopping it just like 4 gems did in Infinity War.

As to which is more powerful, the UN. But in this case, versatility trumps power. Space/time=pwned.

quanchi112
The Abraxas storyline was the first time we see Multi-Eternity. The two storylines do not mesh well. Many a people have tried to reconcile the two. Some people suggest that Eternity in Infinity Gauntlet was a singular 616 Eternity. Others have suggested that because it was 616 Eternity, it was just as good as Multi-Eternity. The way you take your tea is how you decide between the two. Fact is, Starlin never bothered with the multiverse. Even in Marvel Universe: The End, when Living Tribunal summons everyone to fight Thanos, he still only summons 616 heroes, villains and Abstracts. You never see alternate reality versions.

Fantastic Four Annual 2001 and Fantastic Four vol. 3, #46-49. Ill get back to you after I read this. Still I have a hard time giving the un a chance against the ig just based on mulitversal destruction and what not.

horrorwolf
This is a massive spite thread. There aren't enough abilities in the universe for Amazo to absorb that put him anywhere close to the IG.

Thanos 1000/10....plus a few(for giggles).

fangirl101
The IG vs. UN arguement is an old one. Now, although the UN's power has been revealed to be higher than previously thought, I can see the full IG stopping it just like 4 gems did in Infinity War.

As to which is more powerful, the UN. But in this case, versatility trumps power. Space/time=pwned.
did the IG really stop the UN? remember that if someone uses the UN incorrectly that they destroy themselves. So what if the magus simply made quasar use the un wrong? Or what if the magus simply moved space around so that the beam meant for him hit quasar? It's not clear enough how the magus did what he did. And it's not clear enough if quasar was using the UN in the same precise way that reed or galactus would.

Mindset
did the IG really stop the UN? remember that if someone uses the UN incorrectly that they destroy themselves. So what if the magus simply made quasar use the un wrong? Or what if the magus simply moved space around so that the beam meant for him hit quasar? It's not clear enough how the magus did what he did. And it's not clear enough if quasar was using the UN in the same precise way that reed or galactus would.

What are you talking about?

quanchi112
did the IG really stop the UN? remember that if someone uses the UN incorrectly that they destroy themselves. So what if the magus simply made quasar use the un wrong? Or what if the magus simply moved space around so that the beam meant for him hit quasar? It's not clear enough how the magus did what he did. And it's not clear enough if quasar was using the UN in the same precise way that reed or galactus would. http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/INFINTYWARS_05-30.jpg

Keep in mind this was without the reality gem.

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by Mindset
What are you talking about?

crazy

h1a8

So you think Thanos can stop time before someone who has the combined reflexes of Flash, Superman, and WW can stop time? So you think Thanos has the reflexes to stop someone with the combined speed of Flash, Superman, WW, and GL from taking the IG off him when the bell sounds?

I don't think so!
Amazo 10/10 by taking the IG off Thanos before Thanos can do anything..

h1a8
Thanos doesn't have greater reflexes than a Flash, Superman, and WW combined. Thus Amazo stops time before he can react and wins.

KK the Great
Thanos doesn't have greater reflexes than a Flash, Superman, and WW combined. Thus Amazo stops time before he can react and wins.

Why would you need quick reflexes when you've got prescience?

One of the cosmics beaten by Thanos was Kronos, the Titan god of time. It wouldn't appear that manipulating time is really all that solid a tactic against IG Thanos.

Xplosive
the Gog's power will give him enough time to copy the IG itself.

Am, all abstracts together including Galactus couldn't handle a second, were all destroyed in a single blast. He won't have enough time. He would be immediately destroyed.

Thanos with IG in a ridiculous stomp.

And anyway, I don't think Amazo could copy such power as IG (it's just, actually far too much, no matter what Amazo has done, this is out of his league by far. And ridiculous is comparing Gog to IG. WTF!).

IG could obliterate all realities, not only one and no would be able to stop it, if not for the LT.

IG was supreme under Living Tribunal. Gog was stopped by far less than LT, while IG had to be stopped by among 5 most powerful being in MU ever.

psycho gundam

One of the cosmics beaten by Thanos was Kronos, the Titan god of time. It wouldn't appear that manipulating time is really all that solid a tactic against IG Thanos. i was about to say that myself. burying thanos in time paradoxes was comparable to "trying to drown an ocean".

the time gem gave thanos complete mastery over that aspect of reality, on top of that, the mind and soul gems make him aware of every mind/soul in existence.

taking the gauntlet away from him was only viable when he powered down or when he "made the mistake" of ascending, usurping eternity.
mephisto already tried to take the gauntlet away, he even succeeded but thanos was already aware of that and promptly chocked the shit out of mephisto for it.

quanchi112
Thanos doesn't have greater reflexes than a Flash, Superman, and WW combined. Thus Amazo stops time before he can react and wins. Do you rally believe Amazo could freeze Thanos in time?

One of the cosmics beaten by Thanos was Kronos, the Titan god of time. It wouldn't appear that manipulating time is really all that solid a tactic against IG Thanos. Exactly. Especially, when you consider Thanos has complete mastery over time. To even entertain the idea of him being frozen in time is complete ignorance.

Endrict Nuul
Why is this even a debut still?

Thanos stomps.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I'm not sure why this has gone on this long. I don't even think Amazo could copy the IG but lets say for arguments sake he could. he would'nt have mastery over it like thanos has. So, even if he could he still gets stomped.

Nihilist
crylaughif the likes of eternity,galactus,celestials etc couldnt beat thanos,yet you believe amazo can because of flash superman and wonderwomans powers.

really give up you starting to sound like a moron.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Xplosive
Am, all abstracts together including Galactus couldn't handle a second, were all destroyed in a single blast. He won't have enough time. He would be immediately destroyed.

Thanos with IG in a ridiculous stomp.

And anyway, I don't think Amazo could copy such power as IG (it's just, actually far too much, no matter what Amazo has done, this is out of his league by far. And ridiculous is comparing Gog to IG. WTF!).

IG could obliterate all realities, not only one and no would be able to stop it, if not for the LT.

IG was supreme under Living Tribunal. Gog was stopped by far less than LT, while IG had to be stopped by among 5 most powerful being in MU ever.

Look man, I never said Amazo would win the majority, if he won at all. And yes, he can copy the IG. And yes, the gog is equal to it. The gog was beaten by a fragment of itself when it was used at it's best. And Timazo was only using half of it's power from being in it's presence one second.

you are severely underrating the gog and Amazo. He's one of the few no-limit copiers in comics. He can copy the IG, it's easily within his abilities.

quanchi112
crylaughif the likes of eternity,galactus,celestials etc couldnt beat thanos,yet you believe amazo can because of flash superman and wonderwomans powers.

really give up you starting to sound like a moron. Starting to sound like....... confused

quanchi112
Look man, I never said Amazo would win the majority, if he won at all. And yes, he can copy the IG. And yes, the gog is equal to it. The gog was beaten by a fragment of itself when it was used at it's best. And Timazo was only using half of it's power from being in it's presence one second.

you are severely underrating the gog and Amazo. He's one of the few no-limit copiers in comics. He can copy the IG, it's easily within his abilities. Amazo gets stomped. What makes you think Amazo survives long enough to copy anything? Even though I know Amazo is being vastly overrated by you.

horrorwolf
So you think Thanos can stop time before someone who has the combined reflexes of Flash, Superman, and WW can stop time? So you think Thanos has the reflexes to stop someone with the combined speed of Flash, Superman, WW, and GL from taking the IG off him when the bell sounds?

shitfan

Space M ummy
Look man, I never said Amazo would win the majority, if he won at all. And yes, he can copy the IG.

pretty big assumption, seeing as how amazo couldn't copy the entire gog.

1/3 of the IG is equal to everything the 'gog can do. That's the time and space gems. Infinite and total control of time and space. fair enough. but does the 'gog allow one to soul steal? control minds? juggle solar systems or merge dimensions?

is it essential to the cosmic balance, and immune to being destroyed? (hint: it's not!)

the worlogog is in no way equivalent to the IG.

and "timazo" only has 50% of the power of the worlogog to start that fight. at best that's 50% of the gog's ability to control time and space. Thanos starts out with 100% control of time and space due to the gauntlet, in ADDITION to 100% control of the mind, reality, power and the soul.

massive, MASSIVE advantage to thanos here.

Look, I'm sure Amazo is great at copying, but the IG is simply too much, and thanos STARTS with a huge advantage. power for power he's going to be faster on the draw since he has 100% control of time and space to start with, and amazo does not. in addition he can mind wipe, depower, turn amazo into a puddle of silly putty, banish him to a dimension from where there's no return....or simply flash fry him with the power of a thousand suns in an omnidirectional FTL blast. (Galactus pulled this off, incinerating three star systems. that would be nothing to the IG) What's amazo going to do against it except...die?

h1a8

One of the cosmics beaten by Thanos was Kronos, the Titan god of time. It wouldn't appear that manipulating time is really all that solid a tactic against IG Thanos.

Prescience has nothing to do with the ability to act first when the bell sounds. Its all about reflexes. Thanos sees, with his prescience, that he will lose the fight as soon as the bell sounds. LOL

h1a8
Do you rally believe Amazo could freeze Thanos in time? Of course. If Amazo acts before Thanos does. Now if time stopping don't work on Thanos then we would have seen Thanos move and think at infinite speed. But we all know this wasn't true.

Kronos didn't try to stop time on Thanos. Remember characters in comics often fight stupidly.

h1a8
Why is this even a debut still?

Thanos stomps.

If you had half of logical sense then you would see this isn't a stomp in Thanos favor when Amazo takes Thanos IG off. Now use your best reasoning to see the ways Amazo can take the IG from Thanos.

h1a8

really give up you starting to sound like a moron.

You must be brainwashed to think that all characters at all times never fight stupidly. It is clear that Thanos' weakness was that the IG wasn't part of him. Meaning, it could be taken off. Any abstract in the universe should be able to take that glove off with the ease. They didn't even try. They did stupid blasts at Thanos. The celestials was throwing planets at him. WTF? Stupid indeed.

A stupid woman (no offense, in comparsion to an abstract of course) was able to physically take the glove off of Thanos. Why couldn't the abstracts just blink the glove off him (like I dream of Jenie). SS almost took it off by physical force.

OneDumbG0
Any abstract in the universe should be able to take that glove off with the ease. They didn't even try. shock

psycho gundam
You must be brainwashed to think that all characters at all times never fight stupidly. It is clear that Thanos' weakness was that the IG wasn't part of him. Meaning, it could be taken off. Any abstract in the universe should be able to take that glove off with the ease. They didn't even try. They did stupid blasts at Thanos. The celestials was throwing planets at him. WTF? Stupid indeed.

A stupid woman (no offense, in comparsion to an abstract of course) was able to physically take the glove off of Thanos. Why couldn't the abstracts just blink the glove off him (like I dream of Jenie). SS almost took it off by physical force. i want to explain to you why this is false, but i have a feeling it would be like trying to teach a giraffe
latin.

quanchi112
Of course. If Amazo acts before Thanos does. Now if time stopping don't work on Thanos then we would have seen Thanos move and think at infinite speed. But we all know this wasn't true.

Kronos didn't try to stop time on Thanos. Remember characters in comics often fight stupidly. Thanos has complete mastery over time. He has more power over time than Kronos my dear troll.

Thanos lowered his powers(senses),was distracted fighting Captain America,and the Silver Surfer wasnt fast enough to catch Thanos off guard here.

Thanos is against Amazo and blinks him out of existence with a mere thought. He has the space gem also so he can be everywhere and nowhere at the same time. Amazo is curbstomped.

quanchi112
Originally posted by psycho gundam
i want to explain to you why this is false, but i have a feeling it would be like trying to teach a giraffe
latin. laughing out loud

Allankles
Originally posted by psycho gundam
i want to explain to you why this is false, but i have a feeling it would be like trying to teach a giraffe
latin.

He is right though. The IG is a power unto itself. Thanos never absorbed the power of the IG (hence the reason why he loses those abilities when the gauntlet is taken from him). The fact that - unlike Thanos - Amazo can actually absorb the powers of the IG, I don't think this is quite a stomp.

Amazo would actually be quite the dangerous opponent for someone with an artifact like the IG. Afterall it doesn't take much for Amazo to analyze an object or power completely.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Allankles
He is right though. The IG is a power unto itself. Thanos never absorbed the power of the IG (hence the reason why he loses those abilities when the gauntlet is taken from him). The fact that - unlike Thanos - Amazo can actually absorb the powers of the IG, I don't think this is quite a stomp.

Amazo would actually be quite the dangerous opponent for someone with an artifact like the IG. Afterall it doesn't take much for Amazo to analyze an object or power completely. It takes even less time for Thanos to win here. A stomp.

Soljer
In my opinion, it's kinda hard to say.

If Thanos went balls-to-the-wall with the Infinity Gauntlet from the starting bell, he'd most certainly win here.

However, Thanos has a penchant for....let's say, playing with his food.

Given that, Amazo might have the time to copy enough of Thanos and/or the Infinity Gauntlet to resist, and eventually overpower them.

So, as I said, hard to say. Depends on how Thanos feels that day. If he's bloodlusted, he'd certainly win. If he's in a more playful mood, Amazo has a pretty good chance.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Soljer

If Thanos went balls-to-the-wall with the Infinity Gauntlet from the starting bell, he'd most certainly win here.

Given that, Amazo might have the time to copy enough of Thanos and/or the Infinity Gauntlet to resist, and eventually overpower them.

So, as I said, hard to say. Depends on how Thanos feels that day. If he's bloodlusted, he'd certainly win. If he's in a more playful mood, Amazo has a pretty good chance. Thanos does play with his food. Completely agree.

One thing that I do disagree with though, is that Amazo never copied the Worlogog itself. He only copied Hourman's manifested abilities which were granted by the Worlogog. And he only managed to copy half of them and still not be as good as Hourman with them. By relying on precedence, Amazo could copy half of whatever Thanos' manifested abilities are as granted by the Infinity Gauntlet... and still lose with them.

shifty

Ok, the last bit was kinda facetious. But you get my drift anyway.

Galan007
Thanos does play with his food. Completely agree.

One thing that I do disagree with though, is that Amazo never copied the Worlogog itself. He only copied Hourman's manifested abilities which were granted by the Worlogog. And he only managed to copy half of them and still not be as good as Hourman with them. By relying on precedence, Amazo could copy half of whatever Thanos' manifested abilities are as granted by the Infinity Gauntlet... and still lose with them.

shifty

Ok, the last bit was kinda facetious. But you get my drift anyway. amazo himself states that he absorbed half of hourman's "infinite time power." to me, that's enough to say he absorbed half of the worlogog's energies.

Soljer
Originally posted by Galan007
amazo himself states that he absorbed half of hourman's "infinite time power." to me, that's enough to say he absorbed half of the worlogog's energies.

Then we have to answer the question...

What in the hell is half of infinity?

-K-M-

What in the hell is half of infinity?

9?

Galan007

What in the hell is half of infinity? in the same story amazo says he'll make hourman suffer for "3 eternities" or somesuch. lol

Soljer
Originally posted by Galan007
in the same story amazo says he'll make hourman suffer for "3 eternities" or somesuch. lol

So...now we have to answer both "What is half of infinity?"

And "What is three times infinity?"

According to Mungi, half of infinity is nine. So, Amazo wants to make Hourman suffer for...54?

h1a8
Thanos has complete mastery over time. He has more power over time than Kronos my dear troll.

Thanos lowered his powers(senses),was distracted fighting Captain America,and the Silver Surfer wasnt fast enough to catch Thanos off guard here.

Thanos is against Amazo and blinks him out of existence with a mere thought. He has the space gem also so he can be everywhere and nowhere at the same time. Amazo is curbstomped.

Now we see the bias more in you. Totally illogical arguments you are making. Power level has nothing to do with who acts first. So Thanos having more power over time doesn't prove that he will stop time first.

Thanos can be everywhere and nowhere at the same time only if he has time to do it. Amazo has by far greater reflexes than Thanos would every have. He simply stops time before Thanos can think. Also what is stopping Amazo from just taking his glove off. I mean his speed is multiplied by Superman, Flash, and WW. This combination is far faster than SS in his best day.

quanchi112
Now we see the bias more in you. Totally illogical arguments you are making. Power level has nothing to do with who acts first. So Thanos having more power over time doesn't prove that he will stop time first.

Thanos can be everywhere and nowhere at the same time only if he has time to do it. Amazo has by far greater reflexes than Thanos would every have. He simply stops time before Thanos can think. Also what is stopping Amazo from just taking his glove off. I mean his speed is multiplied by Superman, Flash, and WW. This combination is far faster than SS in his best day. Who sent you to this forum?

So Amazo thinks before Thanos has time to think? Where do you come up with this stuff?

Thanos has complete mastery over time meaning no one else can freeze him in time because their time manipulation pales in comparison to his. He has complete mastery.

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by Allankles

Amazo would actually be quite the dangerous opponent for someone with an artifact like the IG. Afterall it doesn't take much for Amazo to analyze an object or power completely.

Thanos can see into the future with the gauntlet. He snaps his finger and Amazo loses his ability to copy. Then Thanos toys with him and snaps his neck afterwards.

TricksterPriest

So, as I said, hard to say. Depends on how Thanos feels that day. If he's bloodlusted, he'd certainly win. If he's in a more playful mood, Amazo has a pretty good chance.

thumb up Somebody gets it. duryes Amazo got half the 'gog in less than a second. Thanos must act quickly to secure the win.

quanchi112
thumb up Somebody gets it. duryes Amazo got half the 'gog in less than a second. Thanos must act quickly to secure the win. Thanos wins this in countless ways. Seriously,think about how versatile Thanos could be with the ig here.

h1a8
Who sent you to this forum?

So Amazo thinks before Thanos has time to think? Where do you come up with this stuff?

Thanos has complete mastery over time meaning no one else can freeze him in time because their time manipulation pales in comparison to his. He has complete mastery.

Why can't you understand simple logic? How does having complete mastery over time makes one able to act before someone with initial greater speed and reflexes? You are assuming that both Amazo and Thanos are trying to manipulate time at the same time. If this is the case then Thanos wins. But this is not the case. You get my drift?

Every physical being (being that operates in time) can be frozen if they do not freeze it first. Think about it. Thanos moves and operates in time.
That means he has a velocity to his movement. Now stopping time would reduce his velocity to 0.

h1a8
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Thanos can see into the future with the gauntlet. He snaps his finger and Amazo loses his ability to copy. Then Thanos toys with him and snaps his neck afterwards.

Amazo can travel across the universe before Thanos snaps his finger.
He simply takes Thanos' glove off him the moment the bell sounds.

Thanos wins this in countless ways. Seriously,think about how versatile Thanos could be with the ig here.

Thanos is stupid as hell (not on average though). Why didn't he ever absorb the IG into his very being?
I mean keeping the IG on his hand where someone can just take it off or even teleport it off is pure stupidity. Someone who has control over time can just go back in time and prevent him from ever acquiring it in the first place.

Batmanrulez
He simply takes Thanos' glove off him the moment the bell sounds. You know that Thanos had total control over time.

h1a8
Originally posted by Batmanrulez
You know that Thanos had total control over time.

Of course he did. This is common sense. But even to control time takes time. And this is something he won't have in his fight with Amazo. Amazo will be the first to act always.

Note: According to forum rules there is no prep unless stated. That means that Thanos doesn't start this battle with him already controlling time. He must initiate that action of controlling time after the bell. But guess who's faster?

Space M ummy
Why can't you understand simple logic? How does having complete mastery over time makes one able to act before someone with initial greater speed and reflexes?

yeah...about that...wearing the infinity gauntlet essentially gives Thanos infinite stats in all categories. Witness his performance against cosmic forces of the universe who travel in excess of light speed by default. Someone with amazo's reflexes would be akin to moving in slow motion.

witness thanos DODGING the surfer, who was moving at speeds sufficient to cross hundreds of light years in seconds while using 1% of the gauntlet's power and toying with the likes of thor and hulk at the same time.

thanos doesn't have to manipulate time. If he does ANYTHING at all, amazo loses. BFR him to a dimension from which there is no escape, Warp reality so badly his powers no longer work, or flat out obliterate him with the power of a thousand suns in a fraction of a nanosecond. and who's to say he can't do more than one at a time? why not all three simultaneously?

and who's to say that the IG would allow him to be frozen in time, if it's control is equal to or greater than that of 50% of the 'gog? It would be like trying to burn the human torch with a flamethrower- chances are he'd simply absorb or ignore the time based energies since the gauntlet gives him 100% mastery of space and time.

your logic is SERIOUSLY flawed here.

quanchi112
Why can't you understand simple logic? How does having complete mastery over time makes one able to act before someone with initial greater speed and reflexes? You are assuming that both Amazo and Thanos are trying to manipulate time at the same time. If this is the case then Thanos wins. But this is not the case. You get my drift?

Every physical being (being that operates in time) can be frozen if they do not freeze it first. Think about it. Thanos moves and operates in time.
That means he has a velocity to his movement. Now stopping time would reduce his velocity to 0. He could win this in a variety of ways with but a thought. Think about it. He could blank him out with but a thought. I read ig which I dont think that you did. Ill show you one scan here to seal the deal.

He knows his enemies next move.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/The_Infinity_Gauntlet_04-09-1.jpg

psycho gundam
amazo ain't stopping thanos with the ig in time, can't happen....

h1 should give it a rest now, this thread is spite.

horrorwolf
100% spite. Poor Amazo...thats just wrong.

Harbinger
LOL that this is 8 pages long.

h1a8
He could win this in a variety of ways with but a thought. Think about it. He could blank him out with but a thought. I read ig which I dont think that you did. Ill show you one scan here to seal the deal.

He knows his enemies next move.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/The_Infinity_Gauntlet_04-09-1.jpg

Allow Thanos to see exactly what Amazo is going to do after the bell, before the bell sounds.
You know what else he sees? He sees himself unable to beat Amazo to the punch. Thanos waits to hear the bell and plans to stop time immediately, but .000...1 seconds after the bell sounds (well before Thanos can put a thought into stopping time) Amazo has either stopped time already or has grabbed the glove off Thanos.

Remember a thought takes time, something Thanos don't have against Amazo.

Utrigita
Allow Thanos to see exactly what Amazo is going to do after the bell, before the bell sounds.
You know what else he sees? He sees himself unable to beat Amazo to the punch. Thanos waits to hear the bell and plans to stop time immediately, but .000...1 seconds after the bell sounds (well before Thanos can put a thought into stopping time) Amazo has either stopped time already or has grabbed the glove off Thanos.

Remember a thought takes time, something Thanos don't have against Amazo.

For Amazo to stop time for Thanos it would require that Amazo works on a higher scala with his time manipulation then Thanos, the Time Gem alone has stopped the time in the 616 reality what have Amazo done?

Also you say that Amazo takes off Thanos gauntlet how? Nebula managed to take if off granted but to my knowlegde that was only because Thanos had left his body, remember what happened to Mephisto when he did the same?

quanchi112

Remember a thought takes time, something Thanos don't have against Amazo. Again he cant stop time. He cant override Thanos who has complete mastery over it. This scan proves he is always one step ahead of Amazo.

You keep talking about this blazing speed that Amazo possesses. Show me. The god of time also couldnt freeze Thanos in time because Thanos has complete mastery. It would like saying Dr. Strange freezes him in time while he battles the rest of the heroes.

Thanos wins in pure spite.

Endrict Nuul
Wouldn't Thanos be immune to time manip powers?

psycho gundam
h1 is still trying to make everyone prove a negative? shit man, you all need to stop getting played like that.

thanos pwnt chronos at his own game in like two panels.

and on top of that, amazo has to first replicate th ig first(not likely) before thanos tears his gut's out.

Nihilist
how/why is this debate still going on.

KK the Great

Silver Surfer already tried that. Didn't work.

Speed is nothing but a measure of distance per unit time.

Space divided by time.

Thanos has mastery over both of those things.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>