John Constantine Vs Dr. Doom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cloud102
Both get equal amount of prep.

hulkcpbifiussjf
Doom

Bardock42
Constantine

Mindset
Doom

Doom wouldn't need any prep so John is boned.

DarkSerpent
jc jus cuz

cloud102
I'd go with Constantine as well. He'll do anything to win.

Bardock42
This is how it'd go:

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa158/Bardock42/DoomConstantine.jpg

FACT!

leonheartmm
constantine for sure.

the ninjak
Doom! Uses time machine to inject cigarette with poison.
And gets his mums soul back for giving Lucifer John on a platter.

Original Smurph
Constantine

Bouboumaster
Doom teleport Constantine in space. Done.

Mindset
Originally posted by Original Smurph
Constantine How?

Lord_Talron
hahaha doom

Prep-Man
Constantine. Doom can win one on one, but not with prep.

Mindset
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Constantine. Doom can win one on one, but not with prep. Lol.

Anyway, Doom doesn't need any prep, so he wins 10/10 as their prep time will be equal.

Original Smurph
Originally posted by Mindset
How? With the back of his hand.

Mindset
fffuuu

Original Smurph
Lol.

Anyway, Doom doesn't need any prep, so he wins 10/10 as their prep time will be equal. It doesn't say that their prep time is dictated by when one wants to stop.

It does say that they get prep time.

So...

Enyalus
fffuuu
^ Looks vaguely like Lucifer's abortion monster.

Mindset
It says both get equal amount of prep time.

So who chooses?

I assume the person who initiates the fight.

Prep-Man
Even if Doom gets prep, Constantine still wins.

Mindset
Nah.

Prep-Man
You know you love Constantine! mad

Enyalus
You know you love Constantine! mad
Who doesn't?

Original Smurph
I assume. There's your problem right there.

Mindset
Originally posted by Original Smurph
There's your problem right there. And you assume the opposite.

I guess we'll never know.

the ninjak
The only reason people say John can win is because they love him?
Come on!
Doom time travels and kills him as a favour for Satan who in turn gives Victor his Mommy's Soul back.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by the ninjak
The only reason people say John can win is because they love him?
Come on!
Doom time travels and kills him as a favour for Satan who in turn gives Victor his Mommy's Soul back.

uh, no. He's one of the best prepsters in comics. Along with outsmarting cosmic demons like Doom.

AsbestosFlaygon
http://www.stuffwelike.com/stuffwelike/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/doom_movie_logo_080705.jpg

Galan007
Doom.

OneDumbG0
I'ma go with Constantine on this one.

kevdude
John Constantine also

Enyalus
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
http://www.stuffwelike.com/stuffwelike/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/doom_movie_logo_080705.jpg
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn280/amy_steelgrave/JohnConstantine01.jpg

AsbestosFlaygon
I agree, Constantine was the better movie.

Mindset
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
I'ma go with Constantine on this one. Traitor.

the ninjak
Doom has time travel!!!!!!!!

Wild Shadow
Doom time travels... or uses his mod powers. Constantine isnt going to trick Doom that Sh#te might work on some idiot demons/spirits but not doom. john aint dealing with some prison inmates.

Prep-Man
He deals a lot more than prison inmates.

OneDumbG0
Traitor. Okay, Doom wins.

the ninjak
He deals a lot more than prison inmates.

Then explain how John can beat multiple Doombots being sent back in time to kill him before he was even aware of Doom's existence.

Doom would have no worries in manipulating Constantines universal timeline for it is not his own.

He would go all out SkyNet on his ass!

janus77
never read any Constantine comics, how smart is he?
the film didn't really demonstrate much in the way of wits for any of the characters involved (Satan and his son being irredeemably stupid, as seems to be the norm in films).

the ninjak
Then explain how John can beat multiple Doombots being sent back in time to kill him before he was even aware of Doom's existence.

Doom would have no worries in manipulating Constantines universal timeline for it is not his own.

He would go all out SkyNet on his ass!

stupid bottom of the page!

Omega Vision
stupid bottom of the page!
You're assuming Doom goes all out and pulls out all the stops. He'll probably underestimate John, see the scraggly appearance, chain-smoking, and worn trenchcoat and assume he's dealing with some schmuck and act accordingly. When people underestimate John (which happens all the time) it doesn't end well for them, just ask the First of the Fallen.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Omega Vision
You're assuming Doom goes all out and pulls out all the stops. He'll probably underestimate John, see the scraggly appearance, chain-smoking, and worn trenchcoat and assume he's dealing with some schmuck and act accordingly. When people underestimate John (which happens all the time) it doesn't end well for them, just ask the First of the Fallen.

Hence why he sends Doombots to do his work for him while he goes back to his studies. He doesn't fear manipulating John's universal timeline for it is not his own.

That is if Doom travelled into Constantine's universe through some kind of portal.

Omega Vision
Hence why he sends Doombots to do his work for him while he goes back to his studies. He doesn't fear manipulating John's universal timeline for it is not his own.
Right because Doom totally breaks out the time machine every time he has to deal with some vagrant in a trenchcoat. roll eyes (sarcastic) He'll probably end up blowing off his prep time polishing his armor and practicing his speeches.

the ninjak
Right because Doom totally breaks out the time machine every time he has to deal with some vagrant in a trenchcoat. roll eyes (sarcastic) He'll probably end up blowing off his prep time polishing his armor and practicing his speeches.

laughing out loud For arguments sakes lets say both combatants happened to exist in the same reality the whole time.

Wouldn't Doom be fully aware of John's reputation? especially with Lucifer/Satan who hates Constantine probably turn up one day during Doom's Astral meditations and say -

"Doom, I know you want your mother's soul back! How about we make a deal. Kill John Constantine and I'll release the petty witch's soul! That bastard gave me the finger."

Doom sends Doombots back in time while polishing his armour.

Omega Vision
laughing out loud For arguments sakes lets say both combatants happened to exist in the same reality the whole time.

Wouldn't Doom be fully aware of John's reputation? especially with Lucifer/Satan who hates Constantine probably turn up one day during Doom's Astral meditations and say -

"Doom, I know you want your mother's soul back! How about we make a deal. Kill John Constantine and I'll release the petty witch's soul! That bastard gave me the finger."

Doom sends Doombots back in time while polishing his armour.
I don't think so. Just basic knowledge of who he is. Not even John's friends (or enemies for that matter) know much about him. John's greatest asset is his ability to make and use more powerful friends and I can totally see John striking up a friendship with Reed Richards (or more likely Johnny Storm who he gets addicted to cigarettes) and getting the Fantastic Four at his back.

the ninjak
I don't think so. Just basic knowledge of who he is. Not even John's friends (or enemies for that matter) know much about him. John's greatest asset is his ability to make and use more powerful friends and I can totally see John striking up a friendship with Reed Richards (or more likely Johnny Storm who he gets addicted to cigarettes) and getting the Fantastic Four at his back.

John turns up to the Baxter Building. Walks into the foyer and up to the holographic desk.

Desk: Welcome to the Baxter Building home of the Fantastic Four.
John: I'd like to speak to Reed Richards.
Desk: Reed Richards is busy right now can I take a message.
John: Tell him Doom is after me! I am a mystic who fights the forces of Lucifer himself.
Desk: Sending request n......
Reed: Who are you!
John: My name is John Constantine Lucifer himself has made a deal with Victor Von Doom to claim my life and need your help in dealing with him, I believe my skills in mysticism will aid you in his capture. Sources have told me I have hours....maybe minutes to live.

Reed teleports John to their living quarters where Ben is watching TV and Sue is playing with the kids. Reed is standing there. Many droids floating around John, scanning him.

Reed: Explain!
John: He has made a dea......

Suddenly John disappears and Reed is shocked!
Reed: Where did he go?
Ben: Where did who go?
Reed: I...I don't know Sue is that pizza still in the fridge.

Time had changed for multiple Doombots had already killed John Constantine's mother while giving birth to him. The hospital's location given as a favour by Osborn's Hammer resources due to Doom being a member of the Cabal. John never existed.

Cue Terminator music!

Survivor19
I do not know about Constantine but i call bullsh%t on ime travel scenario. Because,:
1. Doom doesn't indulge in such vulgarities unlike that buffoon Kang
2. Under the Marvel time travel rules, if Doom succeeds in such an attack, that would mean that he created a branch of timeline where John doesn't exist. By KMC rules that is a self-BFR and loss for Doom
3. Powers That Be prevent Doom from screwing with the status quo in this way.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by janus77
the film didn't really demonstrate much in the way of wits for any of the characters involved (Satan and his son being irredeemably stupid, as seems to be the norm in films).

He isn't smart as Doom in the science deparrment, he's more of a prepmaster in terms that he'll do anything to win. He crafty as hell and the only person I'd put on Lucifer to beat him. I think endless Mike will create a Respect thread, but that won't be for sometime.

janus77
Doom's pretty much the pinnacle of human strategists in Marvel, imo.

so if this fight hinges on Constantine getting the drop on Doom, I'd be quite sceptical about Constantine achieving a favourable outcome.

Prep-Man
Doom's pretty much the pinnacle of human strategists in Marvel, imo.

so if this fight hinges on Constantine getting the drop on Doom, I'd be quite sceptical about Constantine achieving a favourable outcome.

I feel he has better contacts than Doom and is more strategic. He's just not going to be there empty handed.

Omega Vision
I feel he has better contacts than Doom and is more strategic. He's just not going to be there empty handed.
In the end Constantine's people skills may prove his saving grace considering Doom is a friendless tyrant who everyone distrusts.
Never forget that John could probably find a way to get Doom's mother's soul from Mephisto and use it as leverage.

Wild Shadow
i really want to see scans of what constatine could do with prep...

Prep-Man
He now has a respect thread.

JakeTheBank
Depends on how much prep involved. If it's short term, I think John's chances are better, but long term, I think Doom will gain better insight as to how crafty he is.

TricksterPriest
In the end Constantine's people skills may prove his saving grace considering Doom is a friendless tyrant who everyone distrusts.
Never forget that John could probably find a way to get Doom's mother's soul from Mephisto and use it as leverage.

^This. That is one of the few things that might give Doom pause and actually make him forfeit.

That is, if he hadn't rescued her already. stick out tongue

Uriel005
the film didn't really demonstrate much in the way of wits for any of the characters involved (Satan and his son being irredeemably stupid, as seems to be the norm in films). He's everybodies favorite self-destructing bi-sexual. big grin John is a lot smarter than people give him credit for. While not technical smart like Doom he does have a lot more common sense. He'd probably do something like enchanting all the Doom bots simultaneously into believing that they are the one true Doom and have them have a go a Doom until he's to tired to do anything. Walk up to him with a sacrificial knife and carve his soul out of his body. But thats just my opinion. He is one of the most underrated characters in comics IMO. btw You can't beat keanu reeves he is secretly Paul Monet who is secretly Jesus.

celeyhyga17
In a forum fight in which each has a general knowledge of the other, I don't see Doom underestimating JC. Doom ain't that dumb.

OneDumbG0
Never forget that John could probably find a way to get Doom's mother's soul from Mephisto and use it as leverage. Doom already freed his mother's soul from Mephisto.

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Depends on how much prep involved. If it's short term, I think John's chances are better, but long term, I think Doom will gain better insight as to how crafty he is.

I dunno, some of Johns best prep schemes have been his 'long cons' where he can manipulate his friends and enemies to set the stage how he likes.

I mean, Ennis' run was John preparing the entire time for his confrontation with The First, and he succeeded because he had time to not only create a plan A (which involved screwing over Gabriel and getting him to fight for him) and the plan B which ultimately destroyed The First.

Same goes for Carey's run, where he was able to put all his players into position to destroy the Beast.

Tbf John's best chance here would be recruiting his few allies and associates who are still alive (generally his most powerful ones)- Swampy, Ellie, Map, Kid from BoM (Tim Hunter?), Zatanna etc

Prep-Man
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
I dunno, some of Johns best prep schemes have been his 'long cons' where he can manipulate his friends and enemies to set the stage how he likes.

I mean, Ennis' run was John preparing the entire time for his confrontation with The First, and he succeeded because he had time to not only create a plan A (which involved screwing over Gabriel and getting him to fight for him) and the plan B which ultimately destroyed The First.

Same goes for Carey's run, where he was able to put all his players into position to destroy the Beast.

Tbf John's best chance here would be recruiting his few allies and associates who are still alive (generally his most powerful ones)- Swampy, Ellie, Map, Kid from BoM (Tim Hunter?), Zatanna etc

Has he been doing anything lately?

AlmightyKfish

Mindset
Wtf, he got married?

That's lame...fortunately she'll end up dying a horrible death.

AlmightyKfish
Wtf, he got married?

That's lame...fortunately she'll end up dying a horrible death.

True dat

Even weirder there was literally a scene where Constantine tells Kit he loves this person more than he ever loved her, when really there hasn't been much showing that...

beatboks
I don't see how anyone can actually call this battle. Let's take a closer look at the combatants.

John
1. He's the defiant Bugger who will never accept the control or limitations set before him. His whole MO is finding a back door or a window when he doesn't like the way to the front just because it's the only option presented. This makes him unpredictable as hell ( no pun intended). The few failings he has had he eventually finds a way to turn to victories ( no matter how many years it takes)

2. Most of John's prep (the majority anyway) is actually arbitrary prep he's done before an encounter for a rainy day. He's entered into many situations with no actual prep time and won because of stuff he had on standby.

3. His prep isn't just to do with tactics but simply knowing the rules of existence and playing the right hand at the right time, and knowing ( courtesy of his TP) the motivations and skeletons of everyone he needs to know of. For him it's as much about manipulating the individual to do what he wants, when he wants not

4. When he does actually prep for something specific he has several back ups on the plate should the first fail. There's always a plan e, F, and G (though he rarely get's past b)

Doom
1. He is the masterful tactician who usually only fails due to pride.

2. His knowledge of science and magic is almost without peer

3. he brings a lot of tech and power to the party

4.Though not as often and Constantine he does have some manipulation feats that match the best of John.

Now let's look at their best feats.

John
1. Convincing the supreme being to give him exactly what he wanted or suffer the consequences. Not a threat as "god" ( this was before he was called the presence) knew that what he said he would do John could and would achieve and found that option unacceptable.

2. Convinced the First of the Fallen ( it was never Lucifer that hated John it was a much older power) who hated him more than he had any other ever before and the other lords of hell to heal him and make him virtually immortal - the consequence if he wasn't was that hell would be destroyed by their own rules.

3. Made the Angel Gabriel his ***** to serve him as he liked

4. Killed the First of the Fallen and made him mortal ( later killed the mortal form and returned him to his immortal status)

Doom

1. Manipulated Reed to defeat the Marquis of Death.

2. Usurped the power of Pre retcon Beyonder

3. Usurped the power cosmic

4. Conquest of the microverse.

Where I find it get's interesting is the allies that they can call on for assistance as part of their prep. Both because of their arrogance and defiant natures have turned many a former ally against them ( or lost their faith). The thing is despite that John almost always has some form of leverage that he can bring to bare or some dept that is owed ( it's like he keeps and stockpiles them in droves) that he can use to bend the ones he want to serve him how he wants when he needs.

IMO opinion it's all going to come down to the length of prep time and how much contact or knowledge they get on the other. If the prep is limited to a week or couple of weeks I favor John because he always has some things "prepped" for every contingency. The longer the prep the more it favors Doom as their is more time for him to come up with plot like devices. The only combat John would have for these would be pulling in some of the higher powers he has in his pocket (which I don't know how sits within the rules. In many forums I attend this would be considered against the rules unless stated so in OP)

Similarly basic knowledge only favors john as the posts that suggest Doom would underestimate him would be correct. More intimate knowledge even though this also helps John to know Doom's motivations evens it out more as the manipulation edge would be lost to John

The poster who suggested time manip is just plain wrong, as this is equally on the cards for either to play. John is just as capable of using a spell for time travel. I'm also not sure if John's protection form death still exists. At one point he couldn't age etc.

Golgo13
^^ Very nice breakdown.

Mindset
Doom styles on Constantine.

bobbybatman
Constantine wins, there are many demons who could try this 'time travelling' to kill him. Its not a joke to alter timeline ..like flashpoint. Still, Constantine will find not one but many ways to finish doom.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.