Human Torch vs Sandman & Clayface...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

geshien
Fight in the Sahara Desert.

Who wins?

psycho gundam
glass statues in seconds

Juk3n
Glass half full of SPITE

geshien
Originally posted by Juk3n
Glass half full of SPITE

Not really.

I know that Torch could turn them into glass but given the setting Sandman and Clayface could buy time and use projectiles to take Torch out.

Moreover, I remember seeing Sandman in glass form and it didn't affect his health. In fact, he used it to his advantage and nearly killed Doc Oc (can't recall if it was cannon or not).

Juk3n
no..er..my bad, i actually meant about it being in the desert, if you click on some past posts, i always say i hate threads where it's Namor under water / sandman in a desert. It would be spite if it were NOT in a desert, then Torch would pwn, but as it stands, theres just too much sand..man.

psycho gundam
johnny still stomps, nothing clayface or sandman have can take the the heat he can generate/radiate, and sight is a big factor when fighting a mini star.

j storm has melted a 40+ ton bulldozer thrown at him, steel begins to melt at several thousand degrees (celsius) but to borderline insta-slag it.....tens if not hundreds of thousands of degrees.

and the comic with sandman turning into glass, octavius smashed him after that.

Doctor-Alvis
In the desert HT would just fire it up. Sandman would have to attack him in such a way that being turned wouldn't completely nullify his attack, ie, come down en mass from above. I think Johnny's too quick for that but who knows.

I can't say for Clayface. I'm sure he has some exotic abilities that I don't know about.

geshien
Originally posted by psycho gundam
johnny still stomps, nothing clayface or sandman have can take the the heat he can generate/radiate, and sight is a big factor when fighting a mini star.

j storm has melted a 40+ ton bulldozer thrown at him, steel begins to melt at several thousand degrees (celsius) but to borderline insta-slag it.....tens if not hundreds of thousands of degrees.

and the comic with sandman turning into glass, octavius smashed him after that.

Sandman can still control himself in glass form, even shattered, just not as well. So, if Sandman turns into a sand storm and Johnny melts him, (Johnny) now has goops of melted glass flying at him, which happens to be sentient.

With Clayface as a back up, it' s not going to give Johnny much time to sit around either. Can Clayface even melt?

And 3,500,000 square miles of desert is a lot of room to work with (for the team).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.