Gladiator VS Sentry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

occultdestroyer
The final showdown of the Superman Copycats!
They fight to the death.

Bloodlust: ON
Gladiator's Confidence: ON

CaptainStoic
Sentry really isn't a copy cat of Superman, he's two beings in one, the only thing that he and Superman really have in common is that they can fly, and have high injury resistance.

I'm thinking that since Sentry was dubbed the most powerful man in the universe that he is more powerful than Gladiator.

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
Sentry really isn't a copy cat of Superman, he's two beings in one, the only thing that he and Superman really have in common is that they can fly, and have high injury resistance.
What about the S logo in Sentry's costume?
Don't say that's an innovation, cause that clearly isn't.

tkitna
Sentry would break Glads confidence

guy222
sentry

Knowsbleed33
Last of the Mohicans

Juk3n
if Thor can do it, so can the Sentarino.

+ Yellow spandex is auto win.

quanchi112
Sentry wins.

Endrict Nuul
Glads

Mindship
Gladiator never struck me as a major character in the Marvel panetheon (not major power-wise, but "popularity," for lack of better phrasing), while Sentry has been touted as, well, we all know the hype if nothing else.

Sentry wins.

tdazz
Kallark ftw.

Metalmanx
This could really go either way.

When Glads REALLY wants to, he wins. Pure and simple.

I'm gonna give them both 5/10.

Dr Hackenbush
Originally posted by Metalmanx

I'm inclined to agree with this post. Stoic's post = no expression

Philosophía
Originally posted by Dr Hackenbush
Stoic's post = no expression

If that surprises you, it means you haven't really read his posts very often.

Dr Hackenbush

iceman24567

I'm thinking that since Sentry was dubbed the most powerful man in the universe that he is more powerful than Gladiator. Umm Sentry is a complete Clark clone the whole S on his chest plus the whole watch tower thing (Jlawatch tower) and most powerful super hero on earth? Anyways saying he is the most powerful man in the universe can mean alot of things but stills sounds fishy first off Gladz is a man but not from earth i could name a dozen men way more powerful then Bob. You really do meld the words written in comics into your own screwed image of what this guy should be I am amazed eek!

tkitna
Originally posted by Metalmanx

While I agree with this, it seems that the sentry is more of a Gladiator clone than Supes. When Bob is really into it, he doesnt lose very often. Its like when he fought the Inhumans, his mind said - 'This fight is over because you said it was', or something on those lines. Its all confidence for both guys it seems.

Val-E-Doosh
Originally posted by tkitna
While I agree with this, it seems that the sentry is more of a Gladiator clone than Supes.
Ummm....

Saurfang
Toss up IMO.

rougeredmage
its times to start tossing all the things that you dont like in the sun

you forgot that both supes and Sentry are both solar powered.

oh dear has gladiator been thrown into the sun..... i am sure that will really upset his hair..... ( hint hint hyperion vs gladiator fight reference)

WhiteWitchKing
Gladiator's taking that Avenger to school. I mean come on, atleast Gladiator isn't afraid to take on Black Bolt; he's fought him atleast twice now.

Iron Man: ...You're the only one who can stop them from escaping with the crystals.
Sentry: I can't do that. If I fight Black Bolt, he'll --
Iron Man: He'll what? Use his voice? He just did that.
Sentry: That was nothing. That was a whisper. They have what they want. They're leaving. It's over.

Bahahaha. This wussy is didn't even want to help his teammates out.

Gladiator 8-9/10.

Enyalus
A confident Gladiator takes it, perhaps 7/10 times. And even though the ratio is pretty high, I don't see the individual battles being easy.

batdude123
Long flowing beautiful hair > Mohawk

Dark-Jaxx
A confident Gladiator is more powerful IMO.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
What about the S logo in Sentry's costume?
Don't say that's an innovation, cause that clearly isn't. Both of their powers are solar based also.

batdude123

I'm thinking that since Sentry was dubbed the most powerful man in the universe that he is more powerful than Gladiator.

Lawlz @ anybody not thinking Sentry is a blatant rip off of Superman.

iceman24567
Originally posted by batdude123
Lawlz @ anybody not thinking Sentry is a blatant rip off of Superman. Yeah well at the very least we know who the fanboys are. clap

Mindset
^Yep

Soljer
Originally posted by batdude123
Long flowing beautiful hair > Mohawk

This isn't a beauty pageant.

batdude123
Originally posted by Soljer
This isn't a beauty pageant.

I was under the impression it was?

Most threads are.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Mindset
^Yep sad

Mindset
whistle

Mighty Saxon
well sentry didn't want to lose to WWH either but he did. anyway Sentry FTW

occultdestroyer
bump

The Nuul
Banner beat Bob and not WWH beating Sentry.

Philosophía
Gladiator.

Nihilist
Gladiator

Warlord
Sentry on his best should take a slight majority.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Warlord
Sentry on his best should take a slight majority. what's his best?

The Nuul
I am so waiting for this fight to happen in the comics, but Sentry vs Thor will come first but not any time soon.

Enyalus
I'm seriously worried about a Sentry vs. Thor match. If Bendis keeps writing Sentry the way he's doing, and Thor keeps having these relatively low moments....

*shudders*

Hyperion Prime
Gladiator >> Sentry based on what we have seen of Sentry how can anyone say he beats Gladiator. Gladiator destroys planets fights galactic threats etc...etc. Sentry beat the Absorbing Man who is borderline retarded. He has also beat Terrax big deal. He beat the Blue Marvel with the help of the other Avengers ( he would have lost if it was one on one). Gladiator destroys him.

bbrem123
Originally posted by Enyalus
I'm seriously worried about a Sentry vs. Thor match. If Bendis keeps writing Sentry the way he's doing, and Thor keeps having these relatively low moments....

*shudders*

yea this is true...seem like he would let sentry walk right over thor

The Nuul
I want to see Glads/ Thor vs Sentry all at their best. Not this up and down power level stuff.

I agree that Bendis would make a mess of it.

tkitna
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
He beat the Blue Marvel with the help of the other Avengers ( he would have lost if it was one on one). Gladiator destroys him.

Geez, speculate much?

Warlord
Originally posted by Nihilist
what's his best?

stalemating Gennis

Enyalus
I think his best is trashing Terrax, really. That was a clean win over a solid low/mid-herald character.

His fight against the Collective was decent, considering what Michael was.

Warlord
I think his best is trashing Terrax, really. That was a clean win over a solid low/mid-herald character.

His fight against the Collective was decent, considering what Michael was.

One shoting Doom was great too. I mean how many characters in MU have ever done that?

Nihilist
stalemating Gennis Who was holding back.

carver9
Who was holding back.

confused Sentry was also holding back, BOTH was holding back.

Nihilist
Originally posted by carver9
confused Sentry was also holding back, BOTH was holding back. I know, Warlord said Sentry at his best was against Genis, so if his best is HOLDING back a fully conf Gladiator would beat him.

bbrem123
I know, Warlord said Sentry at his best was against Genis, so if his best is HOLDING back a fully conf Gladiator would beat him.

yes but it was said they where destroying planets with there energy discharge.. all while holding back...which is very impressive

Nihilist
Originally posted by bbrem123
yes but it was said they where destroying planets with there energy discharge.. all while holding back...which is very impressive Indeed it is, irrc Glads has detroyed a planet with his power.

carver9
I know, Warlord said Sentry at his best was against Genis, so if his best is HOLDING back a fully conf Gladiator would beat him.

I agree, glads win but that still doesnt mean that sentry isnt powerful. The guy is powerful but glads has shown that he can do anything when he put his mind to it. If he wants to swim in a star, he can do it, push a planet, he can do it, take your most powerful attack, he can do it. Glads has no limits, his confindence is his weakness (along with writers).

The Nuul
That guy on Punisher Dark Reign writes a way better Sentry than Bendis.

Hyperion Prime
Geez, speculate much?

Yeah uhh isnt that what this board is about confused Based on comics we debate on why we thing such and such character would win. Sometimes we just type in the name of the person we think would win.

bbrem123
Yeah uhh isnt that what this board is about confused Based on comics we debate on why we thing such and such character would win. Sometimes we just type in the name of the person we think would win.

Sentry wins roll eyes (sarcastic)

Hyperion Prime
Sentry wins roll eyes (sarcastic)

roll eyes (sarcastic) Gladiator wins

The Nuul

bbrem123
mad

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by The Nuul

thumb up

The Nuul
thumb up

thumb up

Nihilist
thumb up thumb up

Nihilist
thumb up thumb down

tkitna

I realize that, but you said that Blue Marvel would have beaten the Sentry if the other Avengers werent there. Now how do you know that? Blue Marvel took 3 punches from far inferior characters (that did nothing) and i'm supposed to believe that he was effected enough from those punches that he lost to Sentry? I get tired of hearing that shit.

carver9
Blue marvel is a beast.

The Nuul
thumb up

thumb up

carver9
Got a question, what top tier couldnt blue marvel punch out of orbit?

tkitna
Got a question, what top tier couldnt blue marvel punch out of orbit?

Any of them would go if he landed a good enough punch.

tkitna
Blue marvel is a beast.

I agree

carver9
Thats the point I'm trying to get people to realize, blue marvel landed a good punch but that doesnt mean that the fight was over.

tkitna
Thats apparent since Sentry was back in the fight within a few seconds, but nobody wants to hear that because most people hate the character.

Nihilist
Didnt Sentry get one shotted by Anti man.

carver9
Thats apparent since Sentry was back in the fight within a few seconds, but nobody wants to hear that because most people hate the character.

A lot of people recognize this.

tkitna
Didnt Sentry get one shotted by Anti man.

Depends on what you want to call a one shot. Sentry wasnt KO'd, but he was worse for the wear.

Whats your point though?

The Nuul
Depends on what you want to call a one shot. Sentry wasnt KO'd, but he was worse for the wear.

Whats your point though?

He barely has a chin, still got rocked KOed or not.

tkitna
He barely has a chin, still got rocked KOed or not.

Yeah, WWH, Genis, the Collective, and Blue Marvel all know that too.

Nice try though.

Nihilist

Whats your point though? My point is that Sentry manages to both blows and sucks as a character.

tkitna
My point is that Sentry manages to both blows and sucks as a character.

Jealousy will get you nowhere.

Hyperion Prime
I realize that, but you said that Blue Marvel would have beaten the Sentry if the other Avengers werent there. Now how do you know that? Blue Marvel took 3 punches from far inferior characters (that did nothing) and i'm supposed to believe that he was effected enough from those punches that he lost to Sentry? I get tired of hearing that shit.

If the other Avengers were not holding him and he wasnt sneak attacked he would have finished Sentry. So you tell me if you are knock someone down and ready to jump on them and there friends hold you and he hits you? How is that fair.

Blue Marvel >> than Sentry. If you dont like it dont read message boards. People arent always going to agree with you.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l318/rave74/albm05011.jpg

quanchi112
thumb down laughing out loud

tkitna
If the other Avengers were not holding him and he wasnt sneak attacked he would have finished Sentry. So you tell me if you are knock someone down and ready to jump on them and there friends hold you and he hits you? How is that fair.

Blue Marvel >> than Sentry. If you dont like it dont read message boards. People arent always going to agree with you.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l318/rave74/albm05011.jpg

He's only held in the first panel and then is free. Just look at the page before commenting. Its not hard.

Theres also no way of saying that he would have finished the Sentry. Again, pure speculation.

Hyperion Prime
He's only held in the first panel and then is free. Just look at the page before commenting. Its not hard.

Theres also no way of saying that he would have finished the Sentry. Again, pure speculation.

I will speculate again. I think you are getting all worked up, because a Black guys taking it to the Sentry. wink

Kris Blaze

How do you "finish" The Sentry?

He can't die :/

carver9
I will speculate again. I think you are getting all worked up, because a Black guys taking it to the Sentry. wink

You do know that its speculation if blue marvel could beat sentry. you cant base a fight off of ONE PUNCH THAT HE COULD HAVE EASILY DONE TO ANYONE (people are so none thinking these days).

Daredevil1
Damn that one punch of Blue Marvel looked devastating.

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/5938/albm05010.th.jpg

Sentry looks out of it.

tkitna

laughing

You might be right

Nihilist
Jealousy will get you nowhere. Jealous, what of?

Warlord
Jealous, what of?

of his long blond hair obviously

Grinning Goku
Sentry 5.5/10.

tkitna
of his long blond hair obviously

Yes, his flowing locks was what I was referring to.

No, it was stated that he blows and sucks, but yet he's one of the (if not THE) most powerful hero in Marvel. Its pretty evident he doesnt blow. People just hate the character because he's so powerful.

Warlord
I doubt he is THE most powerful hero in marvel but he is in the top players when the writers decide to write him determined to fight.
So Sentry on his A game should win a slight majority in my opinion

jalek moye
People just hate the character because he's so powerful.
no people hate him because they just dont like his character not his power levels, which go up and down. (seems to be straightening out though)

carver9
I doubt he is THE most powerful hero in marvel but he is in the top players when the writers decide to write him determined to fight.
So Sentry on his A game should win a slight majority in my opinion

And what is glads on his a game? If you compare the two, who would you think has the ability of beating each other if they were both on there a game.

Here is glads on his A game. Planet crushing, planet moving, star ripping, flying 100 times the speed of light, containing a solar system destroying blast with ease, flying out of a solar system destroying blast without suffering damage, called one of the strongest beings in the universe more than twice.
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Badabing
Until Sentry does something more than getting kicked in the nuts by Herc, I'll pick Glads.

bbrem123
Originally posted by Badabing
Until Sentry does something more than getting kicked in the nuts by Herc, I'll pick Glads.

didnt he just completely reform himself after he was caused to exploded?

how can galds compete with that?

skyfather

how can galds compete with that? By the usual way Sentry gets his ass handed to him, with a simple beat down.

jalek moye

how can galds compete with that?
well no one knows exactly how he got back, so its kinda ambigous what happened. but yea its a known fact that he can and has been KO'd

Badabing

how can galds compete with that? For the past few years, Sentry had been pwnd. Don't really care about what happened after he got beat down.

bbrem123
so you base him being koed by him losing to wwh...which was a bad showing for him?...or when he didnt try at all against Herc?

While bob is the sentry he has not once been koed

jalek moye
so you base him being koed by him losing to wwh...which was a bad showing for him?...or when he didnt try at all against Herc?

While bob is the sentry he has not once been koed
he got koed fighting blue marvel, he got koed by wwhulk, people say he got beat down by herc. I'm not a big sentry fan but i know for certain those first to were kos

carver9
Originally posted by jalek moye
he got koed fighting blue marvel, he got koed by wwhulk, people say he got beat down by herc. I'm not a big sentry fan but i know for certain those first to were kos

and I gues this makes him weak because I could name all the times that wonder woman, martian manhunter, supes, etc... has been koed by people in the same or lesser strength range than the people that koed sentry and they're still top tiers.

jalek moye
and I gues this makes him weak because I could name all the times that wonder woman, martian manhunter, supes, etc... has been koed by people in the same or lesser strength range than the people that koed sentry and they're still top tiers.
never said he was weak, but i was responding to when bbrem said he has never been koed and cant be.

bbrem123
Originally posted by jalek moye

where does it say blue marvel koed him?....bruce koed bob, wwh didnt ko sentry.

The herc fight was a joke, it was just show how sentry always holds back

jalek moye

The herc fight was a joke, it was just show how sentry always holds back
they ko'ed each other. and if he beat him to the point where he was back to bob that might as well be a KO honestly or atleast shows that he can be beaten to the point of reverting to a human.

and once again not saying he didnt hold back just responding to you saying he's never been KO'd.

Badabing

The herc fight was a joke, it was just show how sentry always holds back Hulk beat Sentry until the power of a million exploding suns was exhausted and KOed Bob. Blue Marvel BFRed Sentry to orbit. Herc humiliated Sentry while talking trash. If you like Sentry then that's cool. But Marvel is writing him down to chump level with all these "feats" over the past few years. erm

I'm saying Sentry was KOed in this scan. You're welcome to disagree. I also say Glads has better and more consistent feats. You're welcome to disagree with that also. But until Marvel decides how to portray Sentry, I won't give him the benefit.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Marvel/Marvel%20Scans/th_Untitled-Scanned-01-30.jpg

tkitna
Hulk beat Sentry until the power of a million exploding suns was exhausted and KOed Bob. Blue Marvel BFRed Sentry to orbit. Herc humiliated Sentry while talking trash. If you like Sentry then that's cool. But Marvel is writing him down to chump level with all these "feats" over the past few years. erm

I'm saying Sentry was KOed in this scan. You're welcome to disagree. I also say Glads has better and more consistent feats. You're welcome to disagree with that also. But until Marvel decides how to portray Sentry, I won't give him the benefit.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Marvel/Marvel%20Scans/th_Untitled-Scanned-01-30.jpg

I'm going to disagree. How is somebody KO'd when their eyes are still open? I think its more on the lines of Sentry saying to himself "WTF just happened". He was emitting sonic booms the next page flying back to earth. As for WWH, thats a fight I think Sentry was trying to lose. He was trying to release all of his energy because it was driving him insane and he was standing there allowing the Hulk to punch him (smiling no less). He didnt get KO'd either. He resorted to changing into Bob.

The Sentry has been KO'd though. The Chrysler building did it and I believe the CAP robot did it too if we want to count PIS.

Look, theres a real good chance that Glads can whip him. I wouldnt doubt it one bit or be surprised if and when it happens. Theres also a good chance that Sentry could take him down also. Until it happens, this battle is up in the air. Pick your favorite. Its to close to call.

ThunderGodEneru
I'm going to disagree. How is somebody KO'd when their eyes are still open? Haven't seen many fights huh?

bbrem123
I'm going to disagree. How is somebody KO'd when their eyes are still open? I think its more on the lines of Sentry saying to himself "WTF just happened". He was emitting sonic booms the next page flying back to earth. As for WWH, thats a fight I think Sentry was trying to lose. He was trying to release all of his energy because it was driving him insane and he was standing there allowing the Hulk to punch him (smiling no less). He didnt get KO'd either. He resorted to changing into Bob.

The Sentry has been KO'd though. The Chrysler building did it and I believe the CAP robot did it too if we want to count PIS.

Look, theres a real good chance that Glads can whip him. I wouldnt doubt it one bit or be surprised if and when it happens. Theres also a good chance that Sentry could take him down also. Until it happens, this battle is up in the air. Pick your favorite. Its to close to call.

ill agree with this...im not saying gladiator wont win im just tryin to argue that sentry isnt as weak as people think

he gets bashed way to much in threads...sentry gets no love on KMC

Badabing

Look, theres a real good chance that Glads can whip him. I wouldnt doubt it one bit or be surprised if and when it happens. Theres also a good chance that Sentry could take him down also. Until it happens, this battle is up in the air. Pick your favorite. Its to close to call. I figured you would...uhuh

biscuits

tkitna
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
Haven't seen many fights huh?

Not with a person being unconscious with their eyes open. Messed up and out of it,,,yeah. Not KO'd though.

tkitna
I figured you would...uhuh

biscuits

I know, but somebody has to standup for old Bob so it might as well be me. smokin'

Hyperion Prime
You do know that its speculation if blue marvel could beat sentry. you cant base a fight off of ONE PUNCH THAT HE COULD HAVE EASILY DONE TO ANYONE (people are so none thinking these days).

Carver look at the Sentry in that pic he is KTFO.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l318/rave74/albm050102.jpg

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
Haven't seen many fights huh?

thumb up
You are right. Many people have been KTFO with there eyes rolled into the back of there heads. It happens to boxers all the time. They just lay there out of it. Sentrys eyes are rolled back...... sampunch

bbrem123
i didnt know ur arms and hands could be in that kind of position when koed...usually u go limp when koed

Hyperion Prime
i didnt know ur arms and hands could be in that kind of position when koed...usually u go limp when koed

LOL he is in OUTER SPACE his arms are floating along with his Knocked out body What the f**k? laughing He has NO control because he is out cold!!!! He is floating with the rest of the debris.

The Nuul
His eyes looks like their rolled back into his head. He is out cold.

Badabing
I know, but somebody has to standup for old Bob so it might as well be me. smokin' Actually, I'm getting damn sick of Marvel jobbing him out. The Herc fight was funny but come on!

Warlord
Yep me too. I hope the writers change the character's mentality soon

Bentley
Herc did well against Sentry because he is the freaking archtype of heroism! In similar weight classes and just by hand to hand combat he should own most of Marvel's top tiers. He is just that good. Nice that Marvel doesn't make him job for a change (he never had his own book, pretty much existing to make others shine).

In KMC Herc is down played because he doesn't fly, but in comics that factor shows much less often than not.

tkitna
Actually, I'm getting damn sick of Marvel jobbing him out. The Herc fight was funny but come on!

Eh, its a Herc book plus Bob warned him everytime he approached him stating that Herc better give up before he got pissed. Even Herc told him to bring his 'A' game next time.

I like Herc so I have no issues at all with how it went down. It was all in good fun.

Wonder what Sentrys going to do in the next Dark Avengers? Probably job some more. laughing out loud

tkitna
Carver look at the Sentry in that pic he is KTFO.

No, this is what KTFO means.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/1526824/bm4.jpg.html

Hyperion Prime
Eh, its a Herc book plus Bob warned him everytime he approached him stating that Herc better give up before he got pissed. Even Herc told him to bring his 'A' game next time.

I like Herc so I have no issues at all with how it went down. It was all in good fun.

Wonder what Sentrys going to do in the next Dark Avengers? Probably job some more. laughing out loud

But you don't like the Blue Marvel so you have an issue with him puting sentry in orbit.

Badabing

Wonder what Sentrys going to do in the next Dark Avengers? Probably job some more. laughing out loud He looked pissed at the end of the last Dark Avengers. The thing that gets me is that Marvel hints that Sentry is very powerful. Osborn's data shows him to be powerful and Stark stated that Thor, Sentry and Blue Marvel are equals in power. Yet he keeps getting jobbed out.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Marvel/Marvel%20Scans/th_Untitled-Scanned-01-19.jpg

bbrem123
He looked pissed at the end of the last Dark Avengers. The thing that gets me is that Marvel hints that Sentry is very powerful. Osborn's data shows him to be powerful and Stark stated that Thor, Sentry and Blue Marvel are equals in power. Yet he keeps getting jobbed out.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Marvel/Marvel%20Scans/th_Untitled-Scanned-01-19.jpg

But it even says there that his flaws outweigh his potential, which is the reason for all of his jobbing...It is obvious that he has some kind of ridiculous power within him...its just a matter of when he will actually use it(if ever)

was wondering where u got that scan from too?

OneDumbG0
He looked pissed at the end of the last Dark Avengers. The thing that gets me is that Marvel hints that Sentry is very powerful. Osborn's data shows him to be powerful and Stark stated that Thor, Sentry and Blue Marvel are equals in power. Yet he keeps getting jobbed out. Superman jobs out every other appearance. It's not really all that different. The only problem I ever had was when the original Human Torch overloaded Sentry. He can fly near the sun but can't take his heat? Oi vey.

Philosophía
It is obvious that he has some kind of ridiculous power within him...its just a matter of when he will actually use it(if ever)

He was at his best against WWH when he burned himself out and Blue Marvel was, as stated by Sentry himself, pushing him to his limits and even so he barely won. I don't see why so many idiotic posts like "he hasn't shown us what he can really do!!11one" pop-up from time to time.

EDIT: And yes, in that scan it obviously seems that Blue Marvel knocked him the f*ck out. One wonders what would happen if numerous cheap-shots and gang-attacks wouldn't have happened, would have Sentry won ?

facepalm

Daredevil1
No, this is what KTFO means.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/1526824/bm4.jpg.html

They both are. But at least with Sentry you can see his face. Plus Blue Marvel happened during combat. Sentry did a sneak attack from Space while Blue was busy.

bbrem123

Warlord
all I can say is wow...his FLAWS outweigh his potential just like in his WWH fight and all his other fights...he is a head case, making him not fight to his potential

the guy has a new power every series(bringing people back to life, reforming after being exploded, vast telepathic powers he doesnt even use...). so we obviously havnt seen everything he can do

im sorry you are a sentry hater
thumb up

The Nuul
Marvel cause most of the haters or people that dislike him because he jobs so much. Its like Sylar in Heroes, they have him all over the place after season 1.

Philosophía
all I can say is wow...his FLAWS outweigh his potential just like in his WWH fight and all his other fights...he is a head case, making him not fight to his potential

the guy has a new power every series(bringing people back to life, reforming after being exploded, vast telepathic powers he doesnt even use...). so we obviously havnt seen everything he can do

im sorry you are a sentry hater

laughing out loud

quanchi112
But it even says there that his flaws outweigh his potential, which is the reason for all of his jobbing...It is obvious that he has some kind of ridiculous power within him...its just a matter of when he will actually use it(if ever)

was wondering where u got that scan from too? Exactly. Sentry is one of the most powerful guys out there with mental issues weighing him down. At his best he is quite a force.

Enyalus
Originally posted by quanchi112
Exactly. Sentry is one of the most powerful guys out there with mental issues weighing him down. At his best he is quite a force.
At his on panel and previously shown best, he's one of the least powerful Superman clones out there.

Go by conjecture if you want, but what he's shown has been thoroughly unimpressive combat-wise.

tkitna
But you don't like the Blue Marvel so you have an issue with him puting sentry in orbit.

When did I ever say I didnt like Blue Marvel or had an issue with him punching Sentry into orbit? The answer is never to both of them.

tkitna
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Superman jobs out every other appearance. It's not really all that different. The only problem I ever had was when the original Human Torch overloaded Sentry. He can fly near the sun but can't take his heat? Oi vey.

That page alone bummed me out more so than anything i've ever read in a comic (although he really didnt overload, he just fooled him into thinking it was possible).

Hyperion Prime

tkitna
You don't have to say it. Actions speak louder than words.

Wow, not only do you speculate, but your a telepath too.

OneDumbG0
That page alone bummed me out more so than anything i've ever read in a comic (although he really didnt overload, he just fooled him into thinking it was possible). The only theory I have for that, and my stab at a No-Prize to explain away that PIS moment is that Sentry was surprised and unable to cope with that amount of physical heat being focused into him without endangering the lives of his teammates around him. He probably could and would expel it easily, given time and not being off-guard. But since Torch was still there, he was caught off-guard and he couldn't release the heat without catastrophic consequences for those around him, Sentry flew far away.

Human Torch is capable of power levels that would melt the polar icecaps in minutes. His capacity for heat is underestimated. That's the only way it makes sense to me. But it's still ridiculously stupid since Sentry flies near the damn Sun every other appearance. His favorite finishing move is to throw something into the Sun!

Alex Ross PIS make Hulk angry!!!111 durhulk

quanchi112
At his on panel and previously shown best, he's one of the least powerful Superman clones out there.

Go by conjecture if you want, but what he's shown has been thoroughly unimpressive combat-wise. I disagree. WW Hulk, Photon, and Terrax.

geraldthesloth
in my opinion gladiator wins.

Enyalus
I disagree. WW Hulk, Photon, and Terrax.
Only one of whom he beat. And with the WWH fight, he showed a lot of tenacity by being able to stand up to those punches, but WWH wasn't nearly as harmed as Sentry was. His entire face was getting distorted from Hulk's blows.

And Terrax was never a legit high-heralder.

Gladiator, Majestic, Supreme, Zod, etc...all above Sentry's display combat power IMO.

quanchi112
Only one of whom he beat. And with the WWH fight, he showed a lot of tenacity by being able to stand up to those punches, but WWH wasn't nearly as harmed as Sentry was. His entire face was getting distorted from Hulk's blows.

And Terrax was never a legit high-heralder.

Gladiator, Majestic, Supreme, Zod, etc...all above Sentry's display combat power IMO. WW Hulk has a healing ability. The Sentry doesn't. He was also letting the Hulk pound him. WW Hulk also burned himself out against the Sentry.

Photon was shown to be his equal up until the fight ended.

Terrax is underestimated though. Think about his showings save the Sentry loss. He has the power to destroy planets and has always been a threat to earth.

I really don't know much about Majestic so I can't speak about him or Supreme for that matter. Sentry is the most powerful though out of the other two imo.

Mindset
Photon was shown to be his equal up until the fight ended. An equal in a fight where they are both holding back and Genis isn't even trying to hurt him...

Enyalus
I really don't know much about Majestic so I can't speak about him or Supreme for that matter. Sentry is the most powerful though out of the other two imo.
Well, Majestic can move planets and travel at hundreds of times the speed of light, Supreme can move 70 mile long spaceships with ease and adapt to any energy attack thrown his way, Gladiator can move planets and travel at a hundred times the speed of light and tank supernovae, and Zod's proven to be a near-equal against Superman.

Sentry needed two other people to help him hold up the SHIELD helicarrier and his best feat was tossing a 7 mile long meteor into the sun in what was probably a non-canon story.

Again, combat-wise, not implied power or what he's done outside of combat, Sentry's the weakest of that group.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mindset
An equal in a fight where they are both holding back and Genis isn't even trying to hurt him... Yes, they were both holding back. That doesn't change the fact that they were written as peers in that fight.

Mindset
Yes, they were both holding back. That doesn't change the fact that they were written as peers in that fight. Because Photon was holding back, we know that Genis > Sentry from feats.

quanchi112
Well, Majestic can move planets and travel at hundreds of times the speed of light, Supreme can move 70 mile long spaceships with ease and adapt to any energy attack thrown his way, Gladiator can move planets and travel at a hundred times the speed of light and tank supernovae, and Zod's proven to be a near-equal against Superman.

Sentry needed two other people to help him hold up the SHIELD helicarrier and his best feat was tossing a 7 mile long meteor into the sun in what was probably a non-canon story.

Again, combat-wise, not implied power or what he's done outside of combat, Sentry's the weakest of that group. Sentry has flown the void into the sun very quickly. He also took on the collective momentarily. Owning Terrax like that was just awesome. Terrax is a handful for mostly any top tier.

Glads can move fast, but so can the sentry. Glads also got his ass beaten by the Hulk not the smarter, stronger WW Hulk. Glads also was overconfident and got his ass almost killed by masterson Thor.

I don't think Superman could take the barrage of punches that Hulk inflicted on Superman the way Sentry did. I think Superman would be ko'd.

Badabing

was wondering where u got that scan from too? It's from the Dark Reign Files that was out a few months ago.
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Marvel/Marvel%20Scans/th_Untitled-Scanned-01-31.jpg

Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Superman jobs out every other appearance. It's not really all that different. The only problem I ever had was when the original Human Torch overloaded Sentry. He can fly near the sun but can't take his heat? Oi vey. The latest New Krypton basically spells out how Supes acts and fights. For some reason, he won't go full out at the beginning until he can measure his opponent.

Credit to Raoul for the scans.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/th_18-2.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/th_19-1.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/th_20.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/th_21.jpg

Sentry has had a rotten streak the past few years. The thing with the Herc fight is that Sentry never got back at him. Just gets old after a while.

bbrem123
It's from the Dark Reign Files that was out a few months ago.
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Marvel/Marvel%20Scans/th_Untitled-Scanned-01-31.jpg

The latest New Krypton basically spells out how Supes acts and fights. For some reason, he won't go full out at the beginning until he can measure his opponent.

Credit to Raoul for the scans.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/th_18-2.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/th_19-1.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/th_20.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/th_21.jpg

Sentry has had a rotten streak the past few years. The thing with the Herc fight is that Sentry never got back at him. Just gets old after a while.

I agree...Sentry jobbing like that is gets old pretty fast.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>