Sorceress Ultimecia Vs. Sorcerer Malygos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Seer Q'Anilia
One magician versus another big grin

Since stories has been told of Ultimecia's time powers, Nozdormu has created a timeless zone where the two battle without having access to manipulation of time. The battle will take place in the Advent Children city where Cloud & CO defeated Bahamut Sin.

No time powers wink This Malygos is filled with hatered, and cares not if his opponent lives or dies.

Becci
Sorceress? As in magician? In that case, this thread should be named "Sorceress Vs. Sorcery" instead. It'd explain more detailed what Malygos actually is. Stomp.

Seer Q'Anilia
Is Ultimecia not the top magician of FF?

Becci
Judging by her respect thread, saying that she gets stomped is almost using kind words. Without her time manipulation, she is ABSOLUTELY chanceless. Even with it, she would probably fail, since it appears to be magical. It also appears as if it has a certain casting time.

Conclusion: Malygos takes down any version of Ultimecia.

Seer Q'Anilia
Yeah, I know he is the lord of magic and all that, but does he have any mighty feats or is everything you say speculations? A lord of magic does not necessarily mean that he is the absolute force of magic stick out tongue

Becci

Becci
So yeah. Stomp!

Burning thought
I would give it to Malygos, the guy can with a breath make her forget all her spells and if her casttime for her spells is the same as most other FF game spell times, shes doomed

Diamond Kisses
What they said stick out tongue

Becci
Next time you think about making a magician Vs. Malygos thread, think real hard. Both his feats and his speculated version are very tough to crack for anyone that is not "cosmical" stick out tongue

Seer Q'Anilia
So if I allow time manipulation, will the fight go differently?

Becci
Considering the casting time: No. All Malygos has to do is hit her with a single spell and she is dead. All he has to do is spend a thought, and she is sealed away from her magical abilities.

Seer Q'Anilia
So this is a spit thread? Can I report myself for it to be closed, or will I get a warning for doing so?

Becci
I do not think you get in trouble for reporting yourself stick out tongue

Dark-Jaxx
Ultimecia was absorbing ALL of reality, not just time, and considering Ultimecia's power over time completely dwarfs Nozdormu's own, I doubt he can take away her time powers.

Even without time powers, Ultimecia literally has the power of every Sorceress who has ever existed, or who ever will exist, including Adel, who was capable of easily destroying the planet.

Seer Q'Anilia
On what grounds do you give the statement that she dwarf the powers of Nozdormu?

Becci
Originally posted by Seer Q'Anilia
On what grounds do you give the statement that she dwarf the powers of Nozdormu?

She doesnt, or she wouldnt have been defeated.

Dark-Jaxx
The fact that she was literally becoming all time, was able to absorb the powers of all Sorceresses to ever exist or ever will exist, and she can affect time while not even physically being in the same time period she is affecting.

Becci
May be so, but she needs time to have a shot against Malygos.

Seer Q'Anilia
Originally posted by Becci
May be so, but she needs time to have a shot against Malygos.

That sentence can be look at in so many ways stick out tongue

Burning thought
what says she had all the powers of every sorceress in reality?

Solid Durandal
I'm going with Malygos.

Seer Q'Anilia
Originally posted by Burning thought
what says she had all the powers of every sorceress in reality?

These are the quotes, but they are HIGHLY questionable:

This quote is questionable in the manner that it says she is "taking power from all sorceresses". This does not necessarily, or at all, mean that she has all of their powers. Just that she has power from them.

Much like how the Aspects has portions of the Pantheon, I'd like to believe.

This in my opinion indicate more that she is draining power from other sorceresses to amplify her success with the compression. Neither one of these two quotes implicate that she has all powers of all sorceresses. In fact, the quote above even says "trying".

Another quote is:

This quote implicate that she has power from various generations of sorceresses, not necessarily all sorceresses in history.

Dark-Jaxx
May be so, but she needs time to have a shot against Malygos. What is Maylgos' greatest magical feat?

I can understand your point on her not having the power of all Sorceress' in history, but she did factually have the power of Adel after possessing her, who was said to be capable of destroying the planet(with a meteor probably, all Sorceress' have a preferred form of magic, Adel's are powerful attacks like Earthquakes and Meteors). Ultimecia factually was capable of absorbing all that exists in reality, all of time and space.

Can Malygos even come close to comparing to that?

Csdabest
If there is no time. Can Ultemecia exist. from what I was drawn to while playing FF8 that she basically IS time. Im still baffled that she lost.

Ultemecia is what happens when Squar tries to make a villain more powerful than seperitoh. They come up with an ananomly.

Becci
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
What is Maylgos' greatest magical feat?

Erase existance.

Seer Q'Anilia
Erase existance.

When did he do that? I mean, if existance was erased, it wouldnt be there now.

Utrigita
It was a Dragonblast that Malygos produced when he was low on power (the Demon Soul was still in effect) in the Day of the Dragon that erased reality where it touched.

Seer Q'Anilia
Well, that certainly would finish the job stick out tongue

Becci
".. And as I've become an instrumental in encouraging its creation, 'tis only fair, old friend, that I erase it"

Seer Q'Anilia
I assume 'it' is the Demon Soul?

DarkC
Originally posted by Utrigita
It was a Dragonblast that Malygos produced when he was low on power (the Demon Soul was still in effect) in the Day of the Dragon that erased reality where it touched.
...thought it was WoTA: The Demon Soul.

Utrigita
No believe it was the Day of Dragon... though cannot check so please don't hang me on it... Either way he did it.

Becci
It was in WotA yes Dont know if he did so in DoD as well.

Dark-Jaxx
Erase existance. So because she can take a small part of reality and erase it, she equals someone who can absorb all existence? no expression

Becci
The Compression is removed from this fight. And Malygos is a male.

Dark-Jaxx
The Compression is removed from this fight. And Malygos is a male. Incorrect, the manipulation of time was taken out of this fight, Ultimecia can still absorb all of space(matter, Dark Matter, etc.), just not time, time+space=reality.

And yes, I base that little equation on absolutely nothing, it is just the only way I could explain it and make sense lol. stick out tongue

Becci
She said "No Time powers", and her Time compression ability is the same spell as her Reality compression ability.

Dark-Jaxx
Time Compression was only used to compress all time into one single state, not to absorb it.

Only after casting Time Compression did she begin absorbing all of reality.

And even without that, she has the power of numerous Sorceress' throughout history, even Adel, who was capable of destroying the world.

Becci
And I assume that you can prove the compression are two seperate spells?

And how exactly does she destroy the world?

Dark-Jaxx
And I assume that you can prove the compression are two seperate spells?

And how exactly does she destroy the world? I will look for the proof on the TC thing, but as far as Adel goes, it is not said, though it can be assumed to be through something along the lines of a Meteor or Meteor Shower, like all Sorceresses, Adel's magic tends to focus on a specific element or type of damage, Adel's being power, often using spells involving Quakes or Meteors.

Becci
Key words = Magic, Element, Spells stick out tongue

Dark-Jaxx
Just looked it up, Ultimecia actually only began absorbing all of time and existence after transforming into her true form as proven by scanning her in the game, it is in her respect thread, first page.

Becci
I've read her respect thread. I'm not the kind of person that debate without reading up stick out tongue

Dark-Jaxx
...Well I literally cannot post links or copy text, so I can't actually show you it lol.

I wish I were joking.

Csdabest
Dark-Jaxx. Just stop arguing witht hem. You wont detour their desicion. These are people who dedicated months upon months of playing this MMORPG. It has ruined relationships, education, sexual intercourse, body figures for them. So they are going to hold up all their characters on a plateu of BS. And when u actually do prove it wrong they are going to ignore it, say its not true, and that doesn't imply.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Csdabest
Dark-Jaxx. Just stop arguing witht hem. You wont detour their desicion. These are people who dedicated months upon months of playing this MMORPG. It has ruined relationships, education, sexual intercourse, body figures for them. So they are going to hold up all their characters on a plateu of BS. And when u actually do prove it wrong they are going to ignore it, say its not true, and that doesn't imply. ...Dude, shut up. no expression

That is a very stupid stereotype. I will have you know Becci is quite bright the many times I have seen her post, and is very attractive as well. So your spamming and insulting post is not only against the rules, but it is entirely wrong as well.

Csdabest
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
...Dude, shut up. no expression

That is a very stupid stereotype. I will have you know Becci is quite bright the many times I have seen her post, and is very attractive as well. So your spamming and insulting post is not only against the rules, but it is entirely wrong as well.

Speaking from personal experiences. And Have nothing against Becci. Read the past 2 pages. And the point of your time compression and reality absorbing has literally gone no were. Simply stated rudely that your not going to get your point across.

General Kaliero
Csdabest, please don't insult others. It's pretty foolish to assert negative gamer stereotypes in the games forum, y'know?

Becci
Dark-Jaxx. Just stop arguing witht hem. You wont detour their desicion. These are people who dedicated months upon months of playing this MMORPG. It has ruined relationships, education, sexual intercourse, body figures for them. So they are going to hold up all their characters on a plateu of BS. And when u actually do prove it wrong they are going to ignore it, say its not true, and that doesn't imply.

I'm just going to go ahead and report that. It's offensive behaviour, somewhat baiting (A bait which I'm taking) and just plain rude.

I'll have you know that I am in good physical health, sexual intercourse is not a problem, my grades are exceptional, and I dont play World of Warcraft.

Now, to remain on topic. What exactly, of all the things I've said, is considered BS? And where have we been rude? I cant seem to find any rude posts until you came into the thread.

Becci
Speaking from personal experiences. And Have nothing against Becci. Read the past 2 pages. And the point of your time compression and reality absorbing has literally gone no were. Simply stated rudely that your not going to get your point across.

The reason that his point of time and reality compression has litteraly gone nowhere, is because it is very questionable. There's nothing rude about questioning an ability when it comes to a versus thread between two characters. I'm not going around calling you rude just because you're asking what abilities a character has.

I think that you just don't find this a debatable matter. If you don't, then stay out of the thread and let those willing to debate, debate. I believe that Malygos can defeat just about any character that rely on magic. Your job, as a believer in Ultimecia, is pretty much to prove me wrong. So excuse me for asking questions, or get outa the thread.

Diamond Kisses

Maybe was his compression points not sufficient enough to not be questioned? Then again, little is when Becci is involved roll eyes (sarcastic) My point is: Either you take some debating lessons, some ethic lessons and some KMC member lessons, or you just shut the fluck up .

Because if you had done your research, you'd know that Becci does not play World of Warcraft, AND you would have known that Malygos is not a World of Warcraft character, so it wouldnt matter how much time one spent in World of Warcraft. Wow, didnt you make a fool out of yourself right there? stick out tongue

Now: Malygos could block Ultimecia from using magic at all. What would possibly stop Malygos from creating a zone where Ultimecia can cast no spells, while Malygos goes all out, litteraly erasing existance where she goes, while she only can rely on her physical strength? ermm

Ah, and the only rude person I see around here is you.

Nozdormu
Dark-Jaxx. Just stop arguing witht hem. You wont detour their desicion. These are people who dedicated months upon months of playing this MMORPG. It has ruined relationships, education, sexual intercourse, body figures for them. So they are going to hold up all their characters on a plateu of BS. And when u actually do prove it wrong they are going to ignore it, say its not true, and that doesn't imply. Originally posted by Csdabest

Bullshit senses.. tingling.. must.. resist.. fighting.. back.. *runs*

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Diamond Kisses
Now: Malygos could block Ultimecia from using magic at all. What would possibly stop Malygos from creating a zone where Ultimecia can cast no spells, while Malygos goes all out, litteraly erasing existance where she goes, while she only can rely on her physical strength? ermm

Ah, and the only rude person I see around here is you. I doubt that, how could an inferior magic user block out a much superior one's magic?

That's like saying he could block out Spectre's power of Mr. Mxy's power.

However, how can Malygos defeat any magic user Becci?

Becci
On what are you basing his inferiority? Her ability to compress Time and Reality? Malygos is a very complicated character to bring into a debate between two magical users. His ability to block magic in more than one way, shared with his ability to lock various characters out of their magical powers make him a very though opponent.

Since Malygos might has never been overriden by any other than Neltharion /w Demon Soul (Under which state Malygos was weakened, and the same time, the Demon Soul which empowered Neltharion held a portion of Malygos power), it is hard to imagine him lose against magical users at relatively earthly level. I am aware of Ultimecia's compression ability and that it is anything but earthly, but she is in an earhtly league. It's not like she's a Spectre or a Mr. Mxy.

In Warcraft, magic is not always dependant on who is stronger. Magic is of a whole different reach there. Illidan was able to ward his mind from Sargeras, while in fact Illidan is not even a match for the Titan. Sylvanas was able to silence Dar'Khan, who had the power to kill her with a flick of his finger.

Even if Ultimecia is more powerful than Malygos, it is not sufficient proof that she could resist his ability to block her access to magic. Has Ultimecia shown any type of resistance that you can use as an argument in benefit of her against the mightly silence of Malygos?

DarkC
Because we know a lot about the lore of WoW, that means that we're sexually deprived, we have no social life, etc?

I won't even bother to go into a rant on how ridiculously idiotic this statement is, so I'll just hand you a nice big warm cup of "STFU" and "GTFO".

Becci
Obviously the man doesnt know what he is talking about, so dont give him more attention than he deserves.

Dark-Jaxx
On what are you basing his inferiority? Her ability to compress Time and Reality? Malygos is a very complicated character to bring into a debate between two magical users. His ability to block magic in more than one way, shared with his ability to lock various characters out of their magical powers make him a very though opponent.

Since Malygos might has never been overriden by any other than Neltharion /w Demon Soul (Under which state Malygos was weakened, and the same time, the Demon Soul which empowered Neltharion held a portion of Malygos power), it is hard to imagine him lose against magical users at relatively earthly level. I am aware of Ultimecia's compression ability and that it is anything but earthly, but she is in an earhtly league. It's not like she's a Spectre or a Mr. Mxy.

In Warcraft, magic is not always dependant on who is stronger. Magic is of a whole different reach there. Illidan was able to ward his mind from Sargeras, while in fact Illidan is not even a match for the Titan. Sylvanas was able to silence Dar'Khan, who had the power to kill her with a flick of his finger.

Even if Ultimecia is more powerful than Malygos, it is not sufficient proof that she could resist his ability to block her access to magic. Has Ultimecia shown any type of resistance that you can use as an argument in benefit of her against the mightly silence of Malygos? 1. She can absorb all of time and reality. She has the powers of at least a sizable amount of all the Sorceress' in history, she is able to possess powerful Sorceress' like Edea or even Adel while not even being in the same time period. She was literally able to pull from the protagonist Squall's mind Griever, which in his mind was a mighty lion who was the ultimate Guardian Force(of course when he said it it was more of a metaphor), give it a physical form and powers, and created the most powerful GF in FFVIII. She was even able to survive Time Compression without the power of Love and Friendship!!! dur Those are just some feats I can think of.

2. Ultimecia was able to absorb all of reality, and that is not the Time Compression ability, she only needed TC to bring all time in one singular moment so she could absorb it all. Hell, I would bet money that Classic Dr. Strange(he MAY need some prep) could beat Malygos.

3. Wasn't Sargeras like...Pretty much dead? Or sealed or sumthin...

4. Well, in-game she is immune to silence spells I think, which seal the ability to use magic.

Dark-Jaxx
Becci, I just found out an interesting piece of info that requires bumping of this thread, Ultimecia HAS to have the power of every Sorceress that has ever existed, for one simple reason, she is the only living Sorceress in her time.

When a Sorceress dies, she has to pass her power on to someone, whoever the power is passed onto becomes a Sorceress.

Ultimecia is the only Sorceress left, so all Sorceress Powers have been passed onto her.

Becci
So all Sorceresses in FF share this fluent bond that spreads the more they are, and thins the less they are? So the next sorceress would get Ultimecia's powers?

Dark-Jaxx
Yes. Edea actually received Ultimecia's powers at the end of FFVII, and bear in mind Ultimecia gave Edea her powers literally after she died.

Although it is important to note that it is possible that without the neccessary experience or maybe control over powers, you cannot fully utilize it.

For example, although Rinoa received Adel's power, she does not have the experience or control to be as powerful as Adel.

Ultimecia on the other hand, is an incredibly experienced and powerful Sorceress, only second to The Great Hyne, who is basically God.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.