What do you think about Midiclorians?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JediRobin23
I saw a dumb thread so I thought I would start one myself.

Midiclorians are said to reside with all living cells, and they apply the force to the rest of the cells. Kinda seems like a technical term to call the force midiclorians. Its just like ribosomes in a cell. Maybe midiclorians are fueled on a mental level. Think evil, then your cells make you throw lightning. Or think good, then your cells can repel lighting.

Maybe midiclorians are just a measurement device that jedis use cause they dont fully understand the force. Its like looking at a cell and thinking that it contains atoms of carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen and energy, but dont know why these energy containing molecules behave the way they do and reproduce once fueled with nutrients. Or in physics, we dont know how gravity works, its just there. We measure and develop constants in relation to our changing variables, eg velocity, density, etc. Wow, 9.81m/s^2 sounds like the most theoretical constant number.

Anyway, science is just a measurement, so is midiclorians, I thinks..

Also, I know midiclorians are fictitious, but it wouldn't be the first time I tried to make star wars make sense.

sweersa
Well a lot of old school SW fans hate the whole concept of midichlorians. They feel the Force should be mysterous and such...

But what is funny though, is most things have to have science backing it up, even the human emotion of love, which some believe is mysterious in nature, it actually just chemical reactions in our brain and such.

Ahsoka Tano
I just thought the use of midichlorians were to prove that Anikan was the 'chosen one.'

In all honesty, Lucas was to busy counting all his profits from Howard the Duck, lol.

Jack Daniels
Originally posted by JediRobin23
Its just like ribosomes in a cell.
sounds good to me stick out tongue

Tangible God
Midichlorians? What are Midichlorians?

queeq
*holds finger over closing button* wink

I so hate the M's...

sweersa
Originally posted by queeq

I so hate the M's...

You can't close it for personal reasons...

Tangible God
Originally posted by sweersa
You can't close it for personal reasons... Haha, just for that, he'll close it now. Take that sweersa's beliefs!

Lord Knightfa11
but... Queeq and I may just make it go dangerously enough off topic so that he can close it smile if we want to be technically legal here...

queeq
Originally posted by sweersa
You can't close it for personal reasons...

You are so right, but then, so is Knightfall. evil face

sweersa
You are so right, but then, so is Knightfall. evil face

Of course..

queeq
Hehehe

Lord Knightfa11
sooo.... whats your favorite flavor of cheesecake, queeq?

Tangible God
Cheese. What else?

Lord Knightfa11
well sometimes you put fruit and chocolate on it. I like chocolate cheesecake, especially if its the kind that turns hard.

Lord Knightfa11
chocolate that turns hard, that is, not the cheesecake....

sweersa
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
especially if its the kind that turns hard.

I'm here for ya man.

Kapton JAC
Man, now I want some cheesecake. Thanks alot Knightfa11 and Queeq.

mad

I Loooooooooove cheesecake

smile

It's my favorite cake... even though it's a pie.

sweersa
Originally posted by Kapton JAC
Man, now I want some cheesecake. Thanks alot Knightfa11 and Queeq.

mad

I Loooooooooove cheesecake

smile

It's my favorite cake... even though it's a pie.

I like it also. I always flip it upside down and eat the crust first becuase the crust is the best part! When my mom makes it she gives me a little bowl of just the crust!!! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

queeq
Who's making one today?

Lord Knightfa11
I want to. I might even drive the twenty minutes into town and buy some cream cheese for it. I like the crust too, but not enough to eat it first. The filling has all of the flavor that enhances the crust. I used to eat the top off of those little home run chocolate pies, and then lick out the inside, and then eat the remaining crust. dam that was good. *breaks into hunger pains*

sweersa
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
I want to. I might even drive the twenty minutes into town and buy some cream cheese for it. I like the crust too, but not enough to eat it first. The filling has all of the flavor that enhances the crust. I used to eat the top off of those little home run chocolate pies, and then lick out the inside, and then eat the remaining crust. dam that was good. *breaks into hunger pains*

Sometimes I eat all of the cheese first then the crust. smile

Lord Knightfa11
defenitely tasty as well. i guess it depends on the crust.

Jack Daniels
Look for those of you over 21 etc..legal age wherever u r ..etc.. jack daniels is the answer to this question..what do I think of midiclorians? I think the more I drink the more powerful I become...it ends the next day when I wake up but hey I had a damn good nite as long as I wake up the next day...lol

Lord Knightfa11
have you ever not woken up yet?

And shame on you for getting back on topic >.<

Tangible God
Originally posted by Jack Daniels
Look for those of you over 21 etc..legal age wherever u r ..etc.. jack daniels is the answer to this question..what do I think of midiclorians? I think the more I drink the more powerful I become...it ends the next day when I wake up but hey I had a damn good nite as long as I wake up the next day...lol Alcohol, the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.

Except the Force. That's Jesus' doing right there.

queeq
It's turned into a culinary thread.

sweersa
Alcohol is only a temporary solution. It only makes you fell better and nothing else...

Jack Daniels
It's turned into a culinary thread.
laughing out loud

roughrider

I so hate the M's...

I think when you have something as huge as the Galactic Republic - a confederacy of systems with no central armed force, only the Jedi Order to intervene as diplomats or peacekeepers - it makes sense to have a scientific method to measure one's force potential. The Jedi search throughout the galaxy for willing recruits; they would use something more than just their 'feelings' to evaluate younglings. The preservation of the Order is more important than that.
So some 'old-schoolers' hate the concept? Sounds like the fans complaining around the time of TPM about the force "being some kind of blood disease." Not what Lucas was saying at all.
Some people are so full of hate towards Lucas and where Star Wars has gone; I wonder why they don't just give it up and move on to something else, rather than stay & complain all the time. They're not changing a thing. big grin

queeq
Let me get this straight: was that post a defense for midichlorians????

Lord Knightfa11
NOOOOOOoooooooOOOOOOoooo00000oooooo!!!!!!!!! Back off topic now!

sweersa
I am pro-midicholians. Hahaha. (I really don't care, it is Lucas' universe not mine)

Jack Daniels
told ya the more jack daniels you drink the more powerful you become thus it must create midichlorians!

queeq
Aha... alcohol keeps the universe together...

Jack Daniels
nah just earth

queeq
Oh? You're drinking earth now?

Kapton JAC
Originally posted by roughrider
I think when you have something as huge as the Galactic Republic - a confederacy of systems with no central armed force, only the Jedi Order to intervene as diplomats or peacekeepers - it makes sense to have a scientific method to measure one's force potential. The Jedi search throughout the galaxy for willing recruits; they would use something more than just their 'feelings' to evaluate younglings. The preservation of the Order is more important than that.
So some 'old-schoolers' hate the concept? Sounds like the fans complaining around the time of TPM about the force "being some kind of blood disease." Not what Lucas was saying at all.
Some people are so full of hate towards Lucas and where Star Wars has gone; I wonder why they don't just give it up and move on to something else, rather than stay & complain all the time. They're not changing a thing. big grin

Yea, but staying and complaining is what makes it fun. big grin

I have to say though, I hated the Midi-chlorians even when I was 10. When I first saw them in the movie I was just like "what the..." It's just that, there are so many other ways to do what lucas tried to do with the creation of midichlorians, with out taking a large chunk of the mystery out of the series. It just felt Half-assed and stupid... but so did several things in the PT.

Jack Daniels
Oh? You're drinking earth now?
no man earth is keeping the universe together

Kapton JAC
Originally posted by Jack Daniels
no man earth is keeping the universe together

AH! So Alcohol keeps the Earth together, and the Earth keeps the Universe together... so what keeps the Alcohol together?

Jack Daniels
wait I messed that up I meant alcohol just keeps the earth 2gether..er somethin like that...but whatever u just said sounds okay..what keeps the alcohol together is .................of course..................Jack Daniels! woohoo!?

roughrider
Yea, but staying and complaining is what makes it fun. big grin

I have to say though, I hated the Midi-chlorians even when I was 10. When I first saw them in the movie I was just like "what the..." It's just that, there are so many other ways to do what lucas tried to do with the creation of midichlorians, with out taking a large chunk of the mystery out of the series. It just felt Half-assed and stupid... but so did several things in the PT.

Picture this. The Chancellor has to reassure the representatives of a thousand different systems that the Jedi can solve their problems. Think back to when the senate was just starting:

Senators: WE are not Jedi. We need something more than just Jedi mysticism to reassure our people that they are doing the right thing. They recruit new members when they are still children or younger; based on just their 'feeling?' Families are not comfortable with this, having to wait for years to see if the children they gave away have the force potential the Jedi speak of. Come up with some sort of scientific test to demonstrate the force, if you want our continued support of the Jedi Order.

So through some research, the Jedi find a biological action in one's body to demonstrate force potential, and the test becomes accepted scientific proof for the Galactic reps. It also helps to discourage members who may want to join but lack true force potential.

Kapton JAC
Picture this. The Chancellor has to reassure the representatives of a thousand different systems that the Jedi can solve their problems. Think back to when the senate was just starting:

Senators: WE are not Jedi. We need something more than just Jedi mysticism to reassure our people that they are doing the right thing. They recruit new members when they are still children or younger; based on just their 'feeling?' Families are not comfortable with this, having to wait for years to see if the children they gave away have the force potential the Jedi speak of. Come up with some sort of scientific test to demonstrate the force, if you want our continued support of the Jedi Order.

So through some research, the Jedi find a biological action in one's body to demonstrate force potential, and the test becomes accepted scientific proof for the Galactic reps. It also helps to discourage members who may want to join but lack true force potential.

I see what you're saying, but trying to find a scientific way to test the force seems like trying to find a scientific way to prove the existance of God. Everything people come up with just sounds stupid.

Kapton JAC

I see what you're saying, but trying to find a scientific way to test the force seems like trying to find a scientific way to prove the existence of God. Everything people come up with just sounds stupid.

roughrider
I see what you're saying, but trying to find a scientific way to test the force seems like trying to find a scientific way to prove the existence of God. Everything people come up with just sounds stupid.

Except all Priests & Nuns have to back up belief in God is faith. Their faith doesn't grant them any powers to show of, unlike a Jedi with their physical prowess & emotional empathy. Anyone can become a Priest or Nun if they are willing to put in the time to devotion & sacrifice. Not everyone can become a Jedi - some don't have the sensitivity, like Han. Leia found she had it, but it wasn't at as great a level as brother Luke.
Only the occasional prophet who comes every few thousand years - Moses, Jesus - seem to demonstrate supernatural power to prove God's existence & intent. (If you believe historians of the time.)

Kapton JAC
Why did it post my post twice?

anyway...
Ok, I see where you are coming from. I see how the senate would want to know that, but, meh, George Lucas didn't add in things to make similar possible (as in never shown in the movies) incedences make sence, and the Midichlorians, I felt, kinda ruined the feel of the series (but then again so did the gungans)

queeq
Midi's are Lucas' version of predestination.

Jack Daniels
now thats food for thought....hmm..did he ever say that?...very interesting????

queeq
No... but what else could it be?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.