Colossus runs the gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

noumenon
Normal 616 Colossus vs. Normal 616 opponents. Full recovery between each opponent. Fighting in an evacuated New York city.

1. Toad
2. Rhino
3. Goliath aka Atlas
4. Bulldozer
5. Blob
6. Sandman
7. Orka ( Out of water )
8. Abomination
9. Juggernaut
10. Hulk

snoopdogg
Most likely stops at 3. The dude is too big.

occultdestroyer
LOL at the order.
Stops at 3 or 6.
Dies at 9.

AlmightyKfish
What's he going to do to Sandman?

He can't. But probably stops at 3.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by noumenon
Normal 616 Colossus vs. Normal 616 opponents. Full recovery between each opponent. Fighting in an evacuated New York city.

1. Toad
2. Rhino
3. Goliath aka Atlas
4. Bulldozer
5. Blob
6. Sandman
7. Orka ( Out of water )
8. Abomination
9. Juggernaut
10. Hulk

I see you're new here, so I'll let this slide. But your ordering is WAY off.

Probably stops at 3 due to sheer size. If not for that, he couldn't do anything to Sandman. And Juggernaut should be last.

Everyone else gets beaten.

Aster Phoenix
Well I think Hulk should still be last but yeah he stops at 3. Atlas, Sandman, Hulk and Juggernaut are the ones who would destroy him.

snoopdogg
Colossus can get by Sandman the same way he beat Dust.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by snoopdogg

Ah, touche. I almost forgot about that.

Wei Phoenix
But he is going to die when he meets Cain Marko. I'm sorry but there is no way he is going to beat him unless he can somehow land a BFR.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
But he is going to die when he meets Cain Marko. I'm sorry but there is no way he is going to beat him unless he can somehow land a BFR. Nobody said he would beat Cain Marko. And BTW Colossus does have a BFR win over Juggernaut.....

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus%20fights/ColossusandJuggySW38.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus%20fights/ColossusandJuggySW38-2.jpg

noumenon
Originally posted by Metalmanx
I see you're new here, so I'll let this slide. But your ordering is WAY off.

Probably stops at 3 due to sheer size. If not for that, he couldn't do anything to Sandman. And Juggernaut should be last.

Everyone else gets beaten.

I think you guys might be over-estimating Atlas. Based on what I know about him, it takes him 30 seconds to transform, which is a pretty large window for Colossus to do some damage and stop the process. Also, his strength ranges from 20 tons lift/press to 100 tons lift/press. Colossus is at a consistent 70 tons. Not to mention, Colossus is also physically tougher and harder to kill as far as I know. Then, finally, when you take into account that Atlas has only been known to remain in his 60 ft form for up to three hours, that doesn't give him an edge for very long, especially with how much damage Colossus could take before he was actually destroyed. Atlas is one tough dude, but he's been beaten many times, and Colossus is a fairly good fighter. I ordered it the way I did because I didn't assume the entire fight would take place with Atlas in his 60ft form. When he's in his 6ft form, the order makes a lot more sense, wouldn't you agree? Though, I still admit my knowledge is limited and I probably did err to some degree.

Getting back to Sandman, if Spider-Man can beat him, then it would seem Colossus would have a fair chance as well. Plus, as earlier mentioned, Colossus has apparently defeated similar opponents in the past.

Metalmanx
I think you guys might be over-estimating Atlas. Based on what I know about him, it takes him 30 seconds to transform, which is a pretty large window for Colossus to do some damage and stop the process. Also, his strength ranges from 20 tons lift/press to 100 tons lift/press. Colossus is at a consistent 70 tons. Not to mention, Colossus is also physically tougher and harder to kill as far as I know. Then, finally, when you take into account that Atlas has only been known to remain in his 60 ft form for up to three hours, that doesn't give him an edge for very long, especially with how much damage Colossus could take before he was actually destroyed. Atlas is one tough dude, but he's been beaten many times, and Colossus is a fairly good fighter. I ordered it the way I did because I didn't assume the entire fight would take place with Atlas in his 60ft form. When he's in his 6ft form, the order makes a lot more sense, wouldn't you agree? Though, I still admit my knowledge is limited and I probably did err to some degree.

Getting back to Sandman, if Spider-Man can beat him, then it would seem Colossus would have a fair chance as well. Plus, as earlier mentioned, Colossus has apparently defeated similar opponents in the past.

Colossus is at a consistent class 100 strength level. no expression

rougeredmage
i think we should have more atlas respect he should be atleast after sandman and Blob.

however i think Peter has higher durability and his smaller size could be quite usefull.... for a class a 100 isnt Peter quite nimble? perhaps he could win due to a groin or ankle shot

i think he should stop at abomination

Metalmanx
Originally posted by rougeredmage
i think we should have more atlas respect he should be atleast after sandman and Blob.

however i think Peter has higher durability and his smaller size could be quite usefull.... for a class a 100 isnt Peter quite nimble? perhaps he could win due to a groin or ankle shot

i think he should stop at abomination

Personally, I think Colossus would take Abom.

jrodslam
I think Colossus may be able to take Atlas out with a shot to the ankle or ac tendon.

Also, i agree with Metal in him beating Abom as well. Didnt he do it already off panel?

Soljer
I really don't see Atlas beating Colossus - size or not. Maybe it's just me.

Val-E-Doosh
It's just you. Colossus has no chance against Atlas.

Metalmanx
After further consideration, I, too, think Colossus takes out Atlas. Now Juggy and Hulk are the only ones giving him loses.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by jrodslam
I think Colossus may be able to take Atlas out with a shot to the ankle or ac tendon.

Also, i agree with Metal in him beating Abom as well. Didnt he do it already off panel? Yea, it was off panel.

Soljer
Originally posted by Val-E-Doosh
It's just you. Colossus has no chance against Atlas.

Aww...sad.

snoopdogg
If Colossus is strong enough to damage Atlas he has a shot.

Endrict Nuul
Colossus imo is around 120-150 tons.

Val-E-Doosh
Atlas was shown as easily being stronger than Namor. This isn't Giant Man you're talking about folks.

Metalmanx
Atlas was shown as easily being stronger than Namor. This isn't Giant Man you're talking about folks.

Yea, Atlas from the Thunderbolts, correct?

I don't think anyone thought we were talking about Giant Man. erm

noumenon
Really? Colossus is 100+ Tons? Where are you getting your information? MarvelDirectory.com says he's 70 Tons. Perhaps I have poor sources.

Sandman seems tougher than Atlas, only because his power allows him to be more crafty. He can get to eh same size as Atlas basically, and is of similar strength, but his sand is a lot more difficult to deal with than just a very large strong human. Same reason someone like Spider-Man wins. He's not that strong, he's just crafty and wily.

I give Atlas a lot of respect, but I don't see him beating Colossus personally.

Val-E-Doosh
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Yea, Atlas from the Thunderbolts, correct?

I don't think anyone thought we were talking about Giant Man. erm
*sigh*

Metalmanx
*sigh*

confused

Did I miss something? Did I miss someone reference Giant Man instead?

snoopdogg
Really? Colossus is 100+ Tons? Where are you getting your information? MarvelDirectory.com says he's 70 Tons. Perhaps I have poor sources.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus/Colossus3.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus/Colossus100tons.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus/CopyofColossus333.jpg

Colossus was 70 tons as a teenager.

Soljer
Marvel Directory is outdated, more oft than not.

noumenon
If not Marvel Directory, what is a good source for this sort of information?

Endrict Nuul

Sandman seems tougher than Atlas, only because his power allows him to be more crafty. He can get to eh same size as Atlas basically, and is of similar strength, but his sand is a lot more difficult to deal with than just a very large strong human. Same reason someone like Spider-Man wins. He's not that strong, he's just crafty and wily.

I give Atlas a lot of respect, but I don't see him beating Colossus personally.

Try comics, he has feats that put him in the 100+ tons range.

golem370
Atlas should be fighting at full size which means he would weight 110 tons which is almost what Colossus can lift. Atlas would kick a field goal with Colossus sending a 500lbs man a few miles in my opinion.

guy222
8-9

nwg202
He beats everyone except jugs and hulk. The Atlas battle can go either way.

Silent Master
Yea, it was off panel.

Off-panel and with the help of an entire X-team.

LDHZenkai
stops at juggs for sure.

rotiart
I'd say colossus beats atlas... He fights sentinels and other "giants" on a regular basis...
He IMO is as strong or stronger than atlas with greater durability.
Now fir the fight I see litle sandman can do to colossus... Physically he can't wear colossus down. And he can't suffocate him. Piotr could find some water or electrical wire and it's Game over.

Piotr isn't really beating hulk or Cain imo.

Enyalus
Atlas has his ionic abilities back now and was holding up skyscrapers, etc, just a year ago.

I think he's not only stronger than Colossus, but because of his size beats him pretty conclusively.

KingD19
Well, I say he can and will BFR Juggs, and he recently fought Hulk. I say he somehow finds a way to make it through the gauntlet, but Juggs and Hulk give him no end of trouble.

golem370
Atlas beats him

ColossusGrundy
Seriously, Colossus is class 100 and has all the training you can throw at a guy. Juggs is depowered nowadays. Piotr makes it to #10 and has a good fight unless the issue is written by the hordes of Hulk/Wolverine fanboys.

Rage.Of.Olympus
^Juggernaut is not depowered anymore.

I don't see how he can beat Sandman in a non circumstantial fight unless he gets his hands on water etc.

Atlas? Depends on which one.

He can give Savage Hulk a decent fight until Savage Hulk gets to enraged. He isn't winning that fight, unless he can put him down at the get go. He goes down to Juggernaut.

Scoobless
Atlas > Colossus

no expression

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Scoobless
Atlas > Colossus

no expression Atlas isn't fit to shine Colossus' nuts imo.

StiltmanFTW

How did he beat Dust?

snoopdogg
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
How did he beat Dust?
http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/7008/colossus11hf.gif
http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/7186/colossus27oa.gif
http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/4643/colossus33dw.gif

StiltmanFTW
Wow. Colossus was just toying with the whole team. What comic was that?

snoopdogg
Wow. Colossus was just toying with the whole team. What comic was that? New X-Men #25. All they had to do was knock Colossus down and none of them could do it.

StiltmanFTW
Thanks.

They've knocked down WWH, though shocklaugh

snoopdogg
Thanks.

They've knocked down WWH, though shocklaugh Yea, I know and that was around the same time.

Brutacus
Yeah, but they worked like a team thanks to beast he even came up with a plan even thow it didn't work out in the end.

Battlehammer
Colossus is skilled fight for a brick, but he does not have all the training you can throw at a guy lol

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Battlehammer
Colossus is skilled fight for a brick, but he does not have all the training you can throw at a guy lol I think Colossus is one of the most skilled guys who can lift over 50 tons.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
Piotr makes it to #10 and has a good fight unless the issue is written by the hordes of Hulk/Wolverine fanboys.

This is uncalled for and make literally no senses. If your going to join the banwagon at least due to in away that makes senses. Anyone else not understand his line of thinking when he posted this? Wolverine not even in the thread and Hulk the is the number 10 opponent.

Battlehammer
I think Colossus is one of the most skilled guys who can lift over 50 tons.
He skilled for a brick.

snoopdogg
Colossus has shown recently in Uncanny even in human form he's got some skill. He's also dodged a bullet in human form recently. And his speed is enhanced in metal form.

Battlehammer
Colossus has shown recently in Uncanny even in human form he's got some skill. He's also dodged a bullet in human form recently. And his speed is enhanced in metal form.
when did he dodge a bullet in human form?

also enhanced speed in terms of running speed not combat speed.

StiltmanFTW
Piotr surprised Wolverine once with his speed. I'd say his metal form enhance the combat speed, too.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Battlehammer
when did he dodge a bullet in human form?

It's somewhere in his respect thread I think.

Battlehammer
Piotr surprised Wolverine once with his speed. I'd say his metal form enhance the combat speed, too.
That does not mean he has enhanced combat speed. People like wolverine, spiderman ect have this, They fight at extremely fast paces some thing colossus may have done once or twice, but of no regular occurances. He tends to display really no more speed then any other brick.

snoopdogg
When Colossus fought Savage Hulk his fist was showing after images. Not sure if that shows speed or not but I think it might.

Battlehammer
When Colossus fought Savage Hulk his fist was showing after images. Not sure if that shows speed or not but I think it might.
Maybe, though more then likley not

StiltmanFTW
Yeah, after images are just an easy way to spare some pages/panels.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.