Forum Leaders

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Just out of interest is there a hierarchy amognst the Moderation Team?

I was wondering because the List of Forum Leaders lists the Global but not in alphabetical order...so I assumed its either in order of becoming a Mod or in order of Seniority.

So, does such a seniority exist?

WrathfulDwarf
There is seniority in the Global area.

Ush and Backfire came first...then lil...Storm came next. Both Paola and me came after...and finally Captain Rex.

The prior moderators that step down (we miss you guys) were Kes, BKK, and Tex.

Now, the biggest mystery of the KMC moderator team is this.....how the hell did WindDancer became a moderator?????

A mystery remains unsolved. shock

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Now, the biggest mystery of the KMC moderator team is this.....how the hell did WindDancer became a moderator?????

A mystery remains unsolved. shock

...Even Raz takes bribes... evil face

chillmeistergen
It's quite clear that Ush is sort of the top of the pile fella.

There are a few more mysteries than just WindDancer, though.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
It's quite clear that Ush is sort of the top of the pile fella.

There are a few more mysteries than just WindDancer, though.

Really? Why do you think that?

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
Really? Why do you think that?

He seems to be the global who is the chief enforcer of the rules. He also seems to be the most respected of all of them.

Ushgarak
There isn't really a hierarchy per se. Storm is the one who has given the most time to the forums which gave her a certain gravitas, though now she is entering the professional world it is harder for her to give such time, I believe.

I think I'm the oldest (and therefore longest serving) mod (with Raz, obviously, as not counting in that equation as he is admin), but that doesn't give any particular seniority.

Peach
It would appear that, on the global list, that it goes in order of when they joined the forums.

Spidervlad
Indeed.

But remember my fellow working force, without us members there would be no authority in the moderators themselves stick out tongue

chillmeistergen
Obviously. Is there even a need to state such blatant fact?

Grand_Moff_Gav
Obviously. Is there even a need to state such blatant fact?

Its also a a completely irrelevant fact...

chillmeistergen
Innit.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Innit.

Is there a reason you have some sort of problem with authority?

chillmeistergen
Is there a reason you have some sort of problem with authority?

I'm struggling to understand where this question came from.

Grand_Moff_Gav
I'm struggling to understand where this question came from.

You don't have to understand where a question came from to answer it.

chillmeistergen
You don't have to understand where a question came from to answer it.

Obviously.

Anyway, your question is not specific enough for my liking. I by no means have a problem with all authority, even on this site. For instance, I have no problem with Ush, Storm, Lil etc etc.
I have a problem with one mod because of how hypocritical and bias he has been, no more than that.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Obviously.

Anyway, your question is not specific enough for my liking. I by no means have a problem with all authority, even on this site. For instance, I have no problem with Ush, Storm, Lil etc etc.
I have a problem with one mod because of how hypocritical and bias he has been, no more than that.

Well, in that case we wont bother discussing it here, or anywhere other than PM- especially considering the fact that I disagree with you.

Anyway, I think Ush and WD cleared this topic up, any seniority is de facto.

Mr. Ushgarak, please close.

chillmeistergen
We can agree to disagree, I'm sure. If not, I'd rather it was dealt with privately. Feel free to pm me or add me to msn to solve it, if you wish.

Spidervlad
Obviously.

I actually agree. There are mods that I have great respect for, such as Ush. Then there are others, where I doubt their fairness, short patience and temper, and inability to settle matters without force, such as banning a user right away, but they keep the forum running, and that's all I need.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by Spidervlad
I actually agree. There are mods that I have great respect for, such as Ush. Then there are others, where I doubt their fairness, short patience and temper, and inability to settle matters without force, such as banning a user right away, but they keep the forum running, and that's all I need.

Exactly, they are doing a service.

Now, I would recommend not pursuing this discussion- it just leads in arguments.

Again, if this could be closed, the issue has been addressed.

chillmeistergen
I don't think a global is online who could close it, at the moment.

Again though, I must stress that if you think I'm needlessly thinking of qualms with the moderating style, you are wrong - I most definitely do not want to go into it publicly, though.

Grand_Moff_Gav
I don't think a global is online who could close it, at the moment.

Again though, I must stress that if you think I'm needlessly thinking of qualms with the moderating style, you are wrong - I most definitely do not want to go into it publicly, though.

For what its worth- letting things go and moving on can be grossly beneficial.

chillmeistergen
For what its worth- letting things go and moving on can be grossly beneficial.

I did give it a go, but it didn't really work.

Grand_Moff_Gav
I did give it a go, but it didn't really work.

Then try again, rise above it etc.

Its good to give people the benefit of the doubt and to accept that it does indeed take two to tango.

chillmeistergen
Then try again, rise above it etc.

Its good to give people the benefit of the doubt and to accept that it does indeed take two to tango.

I'll probably have to, I don't really have a choice.

As for the two to tango bit - exactly, that's the annoying bit.

Anyway, I don't particularly want to get banned again, so I'm going to leave it at that.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Always best, with authority comes alot of disadvantages.

Ushgarak
Closed on request, then...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.