The Battletoads, Rash, Zitz and Pimple

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Snafu the Great
http://fc07.deviantart.com/fs7/i/2005/208/a/5/BattleToads_by_lastscionz.jpg

from top, Pimple, Zitz and Rash

Ah, memories of playing Battletoads in the arcade and on the home consoles. The crossover with Double Dragon was cool, but Battlemaniacs is my all-time favorite.

And now, let's find out more about our heroes:

Rash was originally a human named Dave Shar (his surname is even an anagram of "Rash"wink. Dave was a computer technician who worked with his two friends and roommates, Morgan Ziegler (who would become Zitz) and George Pie (who would become Pimple). The trio tested the original Battletoads game by playing the game as the 'Toads in a sort of virtual reality simulation. Dave and his friends became suspicious of both their boss and chief game programmer Silas Volkmire and decided to investigate the office at night. Upon finding the video game unit turned on, they decided to test the machine to see if it had been tampered with. Not until it was too late did they realize this was a trap and they were transported to another planet, permanently transformed into the 'Toads en route. The Dark Queen attempted to persuade the 'Toads to work for her, but the 'Toads refused and fought their way to freedom with the assistance of Professor T. Bird, who became the 'Toads' friend and mentor. The 'Toads then decided never to rest until the Dark Queen was defeated once and for all.

Rash is currently the team jokester. He really never assumes the lead in any fight but is capable of fighting on his own if so needed.

Zitz was originally a human named Morgan Ziegler. Ziegler was a computer technician who worked with his two friends and roommates, Dave Shar and George Pie. tz is currently the leader of the 'Toads and makes their combat decisions. He acts on any advice given to him by Professor T. Bird and uses his own tactical prowess to determine how he and the 'Toads will fight.

Pimple was originally a human named George Pie. George was a computer technician who worked with his two friends and roommates, Dave Shar and Morgan Ziegler. Pimple is the team's muscle yet compared to his teammates, he is not the brightest of the toads. He leaves the talking to Rash and Zitz and speaks with his fists. Accordingly, his motto is, "Where brainpower fails, brute force prevails!"

The 'Toads deserve respect...that and punting bad guys with big-ass boots and ramming them with oversized ram horns was always fun to do. Good times.

MadMel
makes me want to play battletoads again big grin

Seer Q'Anilia
I never thought I'd hear from these guys again stick out tongue

ESB -1138
They were the most successful cheap knock offs of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles...and they had like the hardest game I can think of.

Neo Darkhalen
A great excuse to go and buy a game genie.

ESB -1138
The game was hard not cheap

Snafu the Great
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
A great excuse to go and buy a game genie.

Nah. This was the No.2 excuse for the Game Genie. Ninja Gaiden 1 is the No.1 excuse.

Yoshi Paradise
It would be nice if the Battletoads come out with another game.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Yoshi Paradise
It would be nice if the Battletoads come out with another game.

A lot of the NES-SNES era games were great and all...but any hopes for further games for games like Streets of Rage and Battle Toads died out once this fascination on FPS games started.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Snafu the Great
http://fc07.deviantart.com/fs7/i/2005/208/a/5/BattleToads_by_lastscionz.jpg

from top, Pimple, Zitz and Rash

Ah, memories of playing Battletoads in the arcade and on the home consoles. The crossover with Double Dragon was cool, but Battlemaniacs is my all-time favorite.

And now, let's find out more about our heroes:

Rash was originally a human named Dave Shar (his surname is even an anagram of "Rash"wink. Dave was a computer technician who worked with his two friends and roommates, Morgan Ziegler (who would become Zitz) and George Pie (who would become Pimple). The trio tested the original Battletoads game by playing the game as the 'Toads in a sort of virtual reality simulation. Dave and his friends became suspicious of both their boss and chief game programmer Silas Volkmire and decided to investigate the office at night. Upon finding the video game unit turned on, they decided to test the machine to see if it had been tampered with. Not until it was too late did they realize this was a trap and they were transported to another planet, permanently transformed into the 'Toads en route. The Dark Queen attempted to persuade the 'Toads to work for her, but the 'Toads refused and fought their way to freedom with the assistance of Professor T. Bird, who became the 'Toads' friend and mentor. The 'Toads then decided never to rest until the Dark Queen was defeated once and for all.

Rash is currently the team jokester. He really never assumes the lead in any fight but is capable of fighting on his own if so needed.

Zitz was originally a human named Morgan Ziegler. Ziegler was a computer technician who worked with his two friends and roommates, Dave Shar and George Pie. tz is currently the leader of the 'Toads and makes their combat decisions. He acts on any advice given to him by Professor T. Bird and uses his own tactical prowess to determine how he and the 'Toads will fight.

Pimple was originally a human named George Pie. George was a computer technician who worked with his two friends and roommates, Dave Shar and Morgan Ziegler. Pimple is the team's muscle yet compared to his teammates, he is not the brightest of the toads. He leaves the talking to Rash and Zitz and speaks with his fists. Accordingly, his motto is, "Where brainpower fails, brute force prevails!"

The 'Toads deserve respect...that and punting bad guys with big-ass boots and ramming them with oversized ram horns was always fun to do. Good times. Best effin games ever! I just beat the NES version about two weeks ago, I beat the SNES version I can do it almost without dying (I died once because I hadn't playe din awhile and forgot where the rat was falling on the last part of the tower) earlier this year and I have the Arcade version, all very good times.

I had to come back just to say that! smile

ESB -1138
Me and my friend laugh at how easy we can beat the bosses on Double Dragon: Battle Toads even on hard. We found a glitch or something.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Snafu the Great
Nah. This was the No.2 excuse for the Game Genie. Ninja Gaiden 1 is the No.1 excuse.

Ninja Gaiden is easy, granted the last 2 levels are quite difficult and so is the ski boss or whatever the heck he was...but still it's an easy game.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Me and my friend laugh at how easy we can beat the bosses on Double Dragon: Battle Toads even on hard. We found a glitch or something. That game didn't have a difficulty setting, it was even the same with one or two players. It was the easiest of the Battletoads Games, but it was still challenging until you memorized it the first time around.

Zack Fair
Respect!

I just played this 2 nights ago when I was running a NES emu. Good times.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.