DC Prepmasters vs Marvel Prepmasters

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
This is a war of prep. Both sides get one month to prep and whatever resources they have access to. Their goal is to eliminate the other side. Fight takes place on a neutral earth-like planet the size of the sun where each team gets a side to establish a base of operations during their month of prep.

Team DC: Batman, Lex Luthor, Brainiac, and Metron

vs

Team Marvel: Dr. Doom, Reed Richards, Apocalypse and Thanos

Priest
Why is Apocalypse in this thread What the f**k?

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Priest

What so Apoc has never done anything good?

Juk3n

Because a prep'd Apoc would shit stomp a Prep'd Batman

imo ofcourse

Priest
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
What so Apoc has never done anything good?
Of course not.

psycho gundam
Of course not. nah, he kinda would.

Priest
Originally posted by psycho gundam
nah, he kinda would.
We have Reed Richards, Dr.Doom, Thanos and then...Apocalypse.
Think about it.

Aster Phoenix
yeah I would've put put Sinister in there, he's a much better schemer.

psycho gundam
Think about it. apocalypse is the mutant version of adolf hitler, thus he destined to fail no matter how advantageous his position is, but he will always return in another form to do it again....till the end of time.

apocalypse posed as controversial figures throughout history warmongering and seeding hate so that future generations would be damaged and easy to mobilize for wars.

for example, in our world, it wouldn't be too shocking if apocalypse was posing as usama bin laden and george w bush at the same (after killing the originals of coarse)time so that the world would be in chaos all the time. apocalypse has war mongered in that manner for thousands of years.

Phantom Zone
Think about it.

Y-yeah I know but its not like he doesn't have impressive prep feats. Hes not as good as the others but hes not a weak link either.

Placidity
Doom and Richards may be very impressive "prepmasters", but having to face-off against Metron?

Metron is pretty much god-like.

I'd think Team 1 takes it mainly due to Metron, Brainiac is definately not a slouch either and probably much smarter than Richards and Doom.

Phantom Zone
apocalypse is the mutant version of adolf hitler, thus he destined to fail no matter how advantageous his position is, but he will always return in another form to do it again....till the end of time.

All villains lose, but its how you lose that makes you lose respect ie Champion.

TheBadguy
Thanos solos

KuRuPT Thanosi
I really think Grandmaster should be here instead of Apoc but regardless if you put Doom, Richards and Thanos on one team working together. Game over.

fangirl101
Metron and Brainiac are too much. Hell Metron operates on multireality and time spanning prep plans. Just take a hint at FC.

Starscream M
Originally posted by fangirl101
Metron and Brainiac are too much. Hell Metron operates on multireality and time spanning prep plans. Just take a hint at FC. Apoc has delved into celestial tech

fangirl101
Originally posted by Starscream M
Apoc has delved into celestial tech
That isn't the point. celestial just means he can understand advanced tech. metron operates on a multi reality level and plans on a unilateral or alpha and omega time schedule. It's like he's seeing the beginning and ends and planning accordingly.

Priest
Originally posted by Starscream M
Apoc has delved into celestial tech
Can u plz tell us something else that we didn't know already from watching Xmen TAS?

Aster Phoenix
I still say Sinister should be there in place of Apoc.

psycho gundam
^apocalypse made sinister

Aster Phoenix
Sinister is still better at plotting and planning then Apoc. And Apoc created him in part to fill that very role.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I think Grandmaster should be there imo

Soljer
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
Y-yeah I know but its not like he doesn't have impressive prep feats. Hes not as good as the others but hes not a weak link either.

"Not as good as the others" is the definition of "weak link," idiot.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Soljer
"Not as good as the others" is the definition of "weak link," idiot. laughing pwnd.

TricksterPriest
Metron is unfair. New god tech is a massive advantage in a fight like this.

quanchi112
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Metron is unfair. New god tech is a massive advantage in a fight like this. Really? Provide examples. You do realize that Thanos has some pretty nifty tech. Show me some scans/.

iceman24567
Here we go with this guy demanding to see scans again. Team one wins.

Mindset
Originally posted by iceman24567
Here we go with this guy demanding to see scans again. Team one wins. Whats wrong with that?

Badabing
Metron is unfair. New god tech is a massive advantage in a fight like this. Originally posted by quanchi112
Really? Provide examples. You do realize that Thanos has some pretty nifty tech. Show me some scans/. Originally posted by iceman24567
Here we go with this guy demanding to see scans again. Team one wins. Originally posted by Mindset
Whats wrong with that? Because it's a pretty well known fact about Metron....if you read DC. Shall we also provide scans that Superman can fly or Spidey can web sling?

Mindset
Originally posted by Badabing
Because it's a pretty well known fact about Metron....if you read DC. Shall we also provide scans that Superman can fly or Spidey can web sling?

That's nice, but how does that relate to him wanting to see scans that Metron's tech >>> Thanos'?

Aster Phoenix
Doom and Metron also have access to time travel tech, so that should be taken into account.

Soljer
Originally posted by Aster Phoenix
Doom and Metron also have access to time travel tech, so that should be taken into account.

Time travel is almost always discounted, actually. For one, it gives both teams an infinite amount of prep, and can also turn the match into a game of "who can murder their opponents grandparents first."

TricksterPriest
I'm not going to bother posting scans for the likes of YOU.

Thanos's tech is a joke compared to new god technology, even celestial tech isn't on that level.

Aster Phoenix
even celestial tech isn't on that level.
This is ask for proof of.

psycho gundam
I'm not going to bother posting scans for the likes of YOU.

Thanos's tech is a joke compared to new god technology, even celestial tech isn't on that level. the VIAL isn't just a gun you know.

Enyalus
Originally posted by fangirl101
Metron and Brainiac are too much. Hell Metron operates on multireality and time spanning prep plans. Just take a hint at FC.

I agree. Metron is at least Thanos level in intelligence, with access to better tech and time travel. And Brainiac is, maybe with the exception of Solaris, the most advanced AI system in the DCU. Each of them are more intelligent than Apoc, Doom, and Richards.

TricksterPriest
When Thanos can build something like a motherbox, let me know. Or better yet, when he can build a motherbox that can destroy the universe, let me know. stick out tongue

See Rock of Ages.

Badabing
Originally posted by Mindset
That's nice, but how does that relate to him wanting to see scans that Metron's tech >>> Thanos'? He never said >>>>> Thanos' tech. Quan assumed it as did you to that point of the thread.
Metron is unfair. New god tech is a massive advantage in a fight like this. Originally posted by quanchi112
Really? Provide examples. You do realize that Thanos has some pretty nifty tech. Show me some scans/. My post clearly showed the order of the other posts. Please read my posts before responding. Thanks.

It's not anyone's job to educate. There are respect threads to read through. Before posting in a thread you should have an idea of the characters. Some posters also like to disregard proof with a "nuh uh" and say "that's just my opinion".

If you have any other questions please take it to a PM. This matter is closed. Thanks.

Aster Phoenix
When Thanos can build something like a motherbox, let me know. Or better yet, when he can build a motherbox that can destroy the universe, let me know. stick out tongue

See Rock of Ages.

My question was related to your comment about Celestial tech.

Mindset
He never said >>>>> Thanos' tech. Quan assumed it as did you to that point of the thread.
I didn't actually assume anything, I just repeated Quan's post.

So get outta here before I ban you.

iceman24567
Whats wrong with that? Oh absolutly
nothing is wrong with him demanding to see scans because we log on here to please Quan ....

Mindset
Originally posted by iceman24567
Oh absolutly
nothing is wrong with him demanding to see scans because we log on here to please Quan .... Exactly.

Badabing
I didn't actually assume anything, I just repeated Quan's post.

So get outta here before I ban you. Hmm, I have three options:

Warning

Closing

or.....durfist

durfist ftw!

guy222
durfist ftw

Aster Phoenix
I'm still mad Sinister wasn't included, the guy has controlled mutant bloodlines for centuries. He has fail safes upon fail safes. He is always planning and plotting. You can't even kill him easily because he has his mind implanted in loads of others. As the Weapon X comic showed he has clones of Marvel characters ready to activate. He deserves respect as one of marvels best schemers and masterminds.

batdude123
Hmm, I have three options:

Warning

Closing

or.....durfist

durfist ftw!

I'm sorry, but the dur never wins. Quit trying to tell people otherwise. The fad was cute the first week, but after pounding it into the ground like a God-damned railroad spike... it just sucks donkey balls now.

Now this... dur is eternal, I tells ya!

Badabing
Originally posted by batdude123
I'm sorry, but the dur never wins. Quit trying to tell people otherwise. The fad was cute the first week, but after pounding it into the ground like a God-damned railroad spike... it just sucks donkey balls now.

Now this... dur is eternal, I tells ya!
Originally posted by guy222
durfist ftw

Guy agrees with me. Guy>>>>>>>>>You. erm

batdude123
Guy agrees with me. Guy>>>>>>>>>You. erm

Guy is right 99.9% of the time...

the other .1% involves the dur. uhuh

quanchi112
Because it's a pretty well known fact about Metron....if you read DC. Shall we also provide scans that Superman can fly or Spidey can web sling? I know its a pretty known fact that the new gods have impressive tech. What I disagree with,is the notion that it decides this matchup. I just wanted to see some of Metron's tech that would clearly show this advantage.

Guy agrees with me. Guy>>>>>>>>>You. erm You are incorrect again.

Guy>>>>>all forums combined. Guy getting pissed off is like red hulk and wb WW Hulk times infinity.

batdude123
Originally posted by quanchi112
You are incorrect again.

Guy>>>>>all forums combined. Guy getting pissed off is like red hulk and wb WW Hulk times infinity.

If we accept your statement as fact, that doesn't mean Badabing was wrong. smile

Badabing
I know its a pretty known fact that the new gods have impressive tech. What I disagree with,is the notion that it decides this matchup. I just wanted to see some of Metron's tech that would clearly show this advantage. I asked nicely that any further remarks be taken to a PM. Thanks.

You are incorrect again.

Guy>>>>>all forums combined. Guy getting pissed off is like red hulk and wb WW Hulk times infinity. laughing out loud durredhulk

cloud102
Team DC ftw.

quanchi112
If we accept your statement as fact, that doesn't mean Badabing was wrong. smile He underrated guy bigtime and you know it.

Comparing guy to one poster is spite and is against forum rules. The only chance any forum stands is to unite. Guy is the ig and the heart put together.

batdude123
He underrated guy bigtime and you know it.

Comparing guy to one poster is spite and is against forum rules. The only chance any forum stands is to unite. Guy is the ig and the heart put together.

Which would still make him >>>>>>>>> me.

quanchi112
I asked nicely that any further remarks be taken to a PM. Thanks.
laughing out loud durredhulk See you in hell.

quanchi112
Which would still make him >>>>>>>>> me. No.

Guy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>batdude.

batdude123
See you in hell.

Reported.

batdude123
No.

Guy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>batdude.

sad

quanchi112
Reported. He clearly baited me.

batdude123
He clearly baited me.

Lies.

Mindset
I warned you Bada.

Banned.

Badabing
sadwalk

Soljer
sadwalk

Don't worry, I still love you.

psycho gundam
sadwalk pwnt

Philosophía
It's not anyone's job to educate. There are respect threads to read through. Before posting in a thread you should have an idea of the characters. Some posters also like to disregard proof with a "nuh uh" and say "that's just my opinion".

You should sticky this.

joesdabest1
Overkill on Marvel side with Thanos added.

Soljer

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Placidity
Doom and Richards may be very impressive "prepmasters", but having to face-off against Metron?

Metron is pretty much god-like.

I'd think Team 1 takes it mainly due to Metron, Brainiac is definately not a slouch either and probably much smarter than Richards and Doom. Doom has become god-like in less than a month in the storyline, Fantastic Four: The World's Greatest Comic Magazine. The links in the Dr. Doom respect thread are broken for this particular adventure of his. Back in 2001, Marvel decided to pay homage to Stan Lee and Jack Kirby and create a story where Doom and the FF and really, all of Marvel Earth got involved. Over two dozen writers and artists collaborated to produce the 12-issue miniseries. It's canon, and according to the authors and editors in the letter columns, takes place right before Fantastic Four #100:

Doom knew about Cap's first battle with the Red Skull and the Cosmic Cube and retrieves it via Time Platform:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Doom%20Fights/DoomCosmicCube01WorldsGreatest4.jpg

He then goes on to steal the Sacred Helix of Randac which powers the Terrigen Crystals from Attilan:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Doom%20Fights/DoomCosmicCube02WorldsGreatest5.jpg

Picking up information from Human Torch, he confronts the Watcher and steals his Ultimate Machine, which is a repository of the Watchers' entire accumulated knowledge:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Doom%20Fights/DoomCosmicCube03WorldsGreatest6.jpg

He then travels to the Negative Zone to steal Annihilus' Cosmic Control Rod:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Doom%20Fights/DoomCosmicCube04WorldsGreatest9.jpg

He combines the Cosmic Control Rod, the Cosmic Cube and his Power Cosmic Siphon Harness and confronts Galactus and takes his power by force:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Doom%20Fights/DoomCosmicCube05WorldsGreatest10.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Doom%20Fights/DoomCosmicCube06.jpg

Here, Reed explains that Doom used the Sacred Helix of Randac to alter himself to withstand the overwhelming effects of using the Ultimate Machine. The Leader's mind had been completely overwhelmed when he tried to access it. Using the knowledge gained from it, he was able to figure out that the Cosmic Control Rod + Cosmic Cube + Power Cosmic Siphon Harness would be enough to drain Galactus of his power. And Doom finally starts the fighting:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Doom%20Fights/DoomCosmicCube07WorldsGreatest11.jpg

The American military, SHIELD, Avengers, X-Men, Thor, Asgard and Odin, Namor and Atlantis:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Doom%20Fights/DoomCosmicCube08.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Doom%20Fights/DoomCosmicCube09.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Doom%20Fights/DoomCosmicCube10.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Doom%20Fights/DoomCosmicCube11.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Doom%20Fights/DoomCosmicCube12.jpg

Where's Reed during all this? Using Doom's own invention, an ionic inanimate matter converter, powered by the Silver Surfer, Reed summons classic Marvel monsters to fight Doom. Black Bolt and the Inhumans join the fight as well:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Doom%20Fights/DoomCosmicCube13WorldsGreatest12.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Doom%20Fights/DoomCosmicCube14.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Doom%20Fights/DoomCosmicCube15.jpg

That blasted Reed Richards takes advantage of Doom's distraction with his newfound hunger and his arrogance to retrieve the Cosmic Cube and undo his transformation:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Doom%20Fights/DoomCosmicCube16.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Doom%20Fights/DoomCosmicCube17.jpg

Reed goes on to erase the events from the entire world's memory with the Cosmic Cube. Only Galactus, Uatu and Reed remember what happened. Not bad for a few week's work. The above scans don't chronicle even a third of the things Doom did during the entire mini-series, but they ought to convey the spirit of the adventure. The epic dialogue from the last five scans comes from Stan Lee himself who penned the 12th issue.

TheBadguy
I just can't see Doom teamed up with Thanos losing

TricksterPriest
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t477535.html

May want to read this through, hoss.

Nihilist
marvel team ftw
hell,thanos has done more with prep tha most of the other team put together

TricksterPriest
I REALLY think you should read the Metron respect thread before mouthing off about Thanos..........

Nihilist
I REALLY think you should read the Metron respect thread before mouthing off about Thanos..........
i aint mouthing off,infinity gauntlet,cosmic cube,hotu,bailing galactus out by taking out the hunger,imprisoning galactus and turning him into a weapon.

just some of examples of what thanos has achieved with prep,and for the record im not doubting or dismissin metrons capabilies,imo he's not as good as thanos

TricksterPriest
You're wrong. HOTU does not count. The IG cannot be acquired again. T&A helped with the imprisonment.

Metron has prep feats on par with those, and a far higher base level of technology.

Mindset
**** Metron and Thanos.

DOOM > ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nihilist
HOTU does not count.
it does,thanos was actively seeking the hotu for awhile plus he outprepped dr doom in his quest to gain the hotu

The IG cannot be acquired again.
so!!its still a prepped feat and thats what this is based on on panel evidance and feats.is it not...?

T&A helped with the imprisonment.
true,but thanos created the tech/device that kept him imprisoned and which turned him into a weapon whilst draining his energy/cosmic power.

how come you didnt mention the hunger feat?has metron ever taken down multiversal entity as powerful as that with prep?

Mindset
Originally posted by Nihilist
it does,thanos was actively seeking the hotu for awhile plus he outprepped dr doom in his quest to gain the hotu

=

He didn't really outprep Doom, he was already more knowledgeable on the hotu and he had Doom under surveillance.

Nihilist
He didn't really outprep Doom, he was already more knowledgeable on the hotu and he had Doom under surveillance.

if he already had a plan in place to gain the hotu and by being on step ahead of doom,therefore already being perpered, surely then he's out-prepped him.

Mindset
No, if they had similar knowledge and Thanos outmaneuvered Doom than he would have out prepped him.

Doom > All

You know this is canon.

Nihilist
No, if they had similar knowledge and Thanos outmaneuvered Doom than he would have out prepped him.

Doom > All

You know this is canon.

sorry,but i disagree the reason they didnt have similar knowledge is because thanos was prepped for dooms actions by his keeping tabs on him.thanduros

Mindset
you don't disagree, you know im right

quanchi112
You're wrong. HOTU does not count. The IG cannot be acquired again. T&A helped with the imprisonment.

Metron has prep feats on par with those, and a far higher base level of technology. Metron is very good at prep but Thanos outclasses him and then some. Metron is a knowledge seeker,hell Thanos has him beat in that department as well. The hotu and the ig made him aware of all that transpired.

Marvel wins this hands down imo.

cloud102
DC, IMO.

Bouboumaster
Marvel

iceman24567
Dc wins

tdazz
Marvel ftw.

[EC] Icarus II
DC takes it.

Bouboumaster
They can't loose a prep war with Thanos on they're side. It's an automatically win.

Nihilist
id like to know how dc win,only trickrsterpriest has given any reasons has to how they win?

The Heap
Metron > All.

Nihilist
Originally posted by The Heap
Metron > All.

prove it with evidence.

occultdestroyer
Metron solos

Nihilist
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Metron solos how,show me some prep feats on par with or better than anything doom,reed of thanos has done.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Nihilist
how,show me some prep feats on par with or better than anything doom,reed of thanos has done. he sits in a chair with his fingers touching a lot......he reeks of prep god.

Nihilist
he sits in a chair with his fingers touching a lot......he reeks of prep god.
sounds about right

Soljer
Lulz at the massive amount of favoritism on both sides of this debate.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Soljer
Lulz at the massive amount of favoritism on both sides of this debate.
well we are stupid fanboys!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.