Thanos w/IG vs. Well fed Galactus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

fangirl101
Would he do any better than SC monitor would do against Thanos with the IG?

Nihilist
Originally posted by fangirl101
Would he do any better than SC monitor would do against Thanos with the IG?
yes

Aster Phoenix
This can be answered by reading the Infinity Gauntlet.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Nihilist
yes

How so? He was bitched in the IG sagas. Wrapped up in a trophey room. With a snap of Thaons fingers. So now you are pretty much showing bias or being rediculous. Take your pick.

celestialdemon
Galactus stands no chance.

Aster Phoenix
I'll make this easy

Thanos /w IG
|
|
|
|
|
|
v
Galactus
|
|
v
SC Anti-Monitor

Nihilist
How so? He was bitched in the IG sagas. Wrapped up in a trophey room. With a snap of Thaons fingers. So now you are pretty much showing bias or being rediculous. Take your pick. Originally posted by Aster Phoenix
I'll make this easy

Thanos /w IG
|
|
|
|
|
|
v
Galactus
|
|
v
SC Anti-Monitor

theres your answer,lol at YOU calling me biased.

quanchi112
Galactus does a lot better.

Utrigita
I don't see how, Both SC and Galactus gets defeated and easily.

King Kandy
Galactus I think knocked Thanos off-balance once which is more then I can see AM doing.

celestialdemon
Originally posted by King Kandy
Galactus I think knocked Thanos off-balance once which is more then I can see AM doing.

He had help from Eon and the Stranger.

Utrigita
Thanos with the IG??? I don't recall...

Endrict Nuul
So now you are pretty much showing bias.

Look whos talking!

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Utrigita
Thanos with the IG??? I don't recall...

http://img179.imageshack.us/my.php?image=theinfinityguantlet0518tm6.jpg

Utrigita
Ahh Cool thanks big grin

guy222
thanos

Utrigita
yes

quanchi112
I don't see how, Both SC and Galactus gets defeated and easily. The un.

Utrigita
Aaaand???

quanchi112
Aaaand??? It can rewrite the multiverse.

Utrigita
I'm aware of that you point???

AlmightyKfish
Thanos ftp

Galactus can do better than SC Anti Monitor though, but it's still nto even a fight.

quanchi112
I'm aware of that you point??? Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Nobody realized how powerful the Ultimate Nullifer was except for Reed and Galactus and Roma. In a forum battle where one person is armed with the Ultimate Nullifier and one person is armed with the Infinity Gauntlet, it's a matter of who fires first. As a matter of measuring e-penis length, the Ultimate Nullifier has, by far, greater feats than the Infinity Gauntlet. That much, is indisputable.

If the quick draw method can't give you a conclusion either way, measurement by feats is the next best thing. Seriously, if Reed clicked the Ultimate Nullifier and rewrote the entire Multiverse like he did int he Abraxas storyline, what is anybody with the Infinity Gauntlet going to do about it?

Now,Im not saying that Galactus wins here. I am merely saying that Galactus does better than Am.

celestialdemon
Originally posted by quanchi112
Now,Im not saying that Galactus wins here. I am merely saying that Galactus does better than Am.

The problem with that theory is that the Infinity Gauntlet wielder is the master of time, so he will always have the ability to fire first.

quanchi112
Originally posted by celestialdemon
The problem with that theory is that the Infinity Gauntlet wielder is the master of time, so he will always have the ability to fire first. When did I say that Thanos loses?

Utrigita
Quanchi, Celestial is merely commenting on the quote you provided from OneDumbGo.

Either Way I doesn't see what it would help, sure the UN has the highest feat but I don't at all see what that is going to help when a incomplete IG has showed that it can easily manipulate the energies of the UN. The User will know the UN being fired before it even is fired, he can freeze the nullification right in it's track using the powergem to manipulate the energy along with the time to stop it, he can twist the reality around it having it stop, the possibility for a IG user to counter a UN user is from my point of view nearly endless.

quanchi112
Quanchi, Celestial is merely commenting on the quote you provided from OneDumbGo.

Either Way I doesn't see what it would help, sure the UN has the highest feat but I don't at all see what that is going to help when a incomplete IG has showed that it can easily manipulate the energies of the UN. The User will know the UN being fired before it even is fired, he can freeze the nullification right in it's track using the powergem to manipulate the energy along with the time to stop it, he can twist the reality around it having it stop, the possibility for a IG user to counter a UN user is from my point of view nearly endless. Yes,but the un is capable of doing much better than the ig. Thats all I ever said. I seem to recall Thanos battling and letting his opponents strike. I am not saying Thanos loses here but I am saying Galactus can do better. Thats, the only thing I ever stated. So,quit trying to force me into arguing for the un here. Im not and never have been.

celestialdemon
When did I say that Thanos loses?

I didn't say you did. Like Utriga said, I'm just pointing out the flaw in ODG's theory.

Galactus wouldn't really do any better than AM because the UN is useless against the IG, since the UN can just turn its energies against the user.

Utrigita
Yes,but the un is capable of doing much better than the ig. Thats all I ever said. I seem to recall Thanos battling and letting his opponents strike. I am not saying Thanos loses here but I am saying Galactus can do better. Thats, the only thing I ever stated. So,quit trying to force me into arguing for the un here. Im not and never have been.

It wasn't directed at you Quanchi but expect that when you post a Quote for someone and others see something in that Quote that they have a different opinion about, then they will state there opinion. I have just stated my opinion concerning the IG vs UN concerning the Quote from OneDumbGo that you provided. Nore CelestialDemon ore I am trying to force you into anything, the only part of that post that was directed towards you was the first part and CelestialDemon was only addressing OneDumbGo.

guy222
thanos

psycho gundam
The problem with that theory is that the Infinity Gauntlet wielder is the master of time, so he will always have the ability to fire first. ^ a point most people don't bother to realize.

even if the nullification wave "somehow" comes out first, thanos can;

-just will it and the wave halts in place/time allowing thanos to do a myriad of things.

-slow time in the universe leaving himself unaffected of coarse making the push of the button take two weeks to happen.

Tenebrous
Everytime the IG is used against Galactus, it's effectively 5 gems, as Galactus is, by his nature, immune to the Soul Gem. I put the scan in the G respect thread and i"m too lazy to post it here. That's not much of a feat for G as much as it is for the IG, but that gives G an advantage (however small or technical, it's still an advantage) against the IG that SC AM can't replicate.

Also, G has shown the power to be able to remove himself and others from the scope of the IG's influence. It was a temporary respite but he did it nonetheless. Again I posted the scan in the g respect thread and am too lazy to post it here.

Red Hulk
What if G pulls an Adam Warlock on that sucka? shifty

Galan007
Originally posted by Tenebrous
as Galactus is, by his nature, immune to the Soul Gem. I put the scan in the G respect thread and i"m too lazy to post it here. That's not much of a feat for G as much as it is for the IG, but that gives G an advantage (however small or technical, it's still an advantage) against the IG that SC AM can't replicate. now that's quite speculatory, isn't it? galactus was immune to the SG because of his "one of a kind" type spirit. that being said, would you not say AM is also quite unique as far as universal 'importance' goes? he was, afterall, originally created to balance out the first monitor/all the positive matter universes.

Mr Master
thumb up

Also, that was said while Warlock was wielding the Soul Gem alone.

I doubt big G is immune from the SG while it's part of the IG.
(when the IG is formed, all the Gems are at full capacity)

sure the UN has the highest feat.
In comparison with the IG?

I'd say it's a matter of perspective:

UN remade the infinite prime Multiverse (Eternity)
IG defeated the power/spirit of the infinite prime Multiverse (Eternity)

Also,
when I see how 4 Gems were continuously creating UniverseS back to back,
while simultaneously stacking them on top of one another, I have to think,
furthermore,
these same 4 Gems (Space/Mind/Soul/Power) were going to collapse the Omniverse.

To further the amazement,
2 Gems (Reality/Time) nulled everything the 4 Gems did,
then finally created a single final Universe.

In the end though,
we have an incomplete IG making the UN a joke. smile
(how much more overpowering would the complete IG be)

Mr Master
Concerning the feats of the IG wielders!

Why didn't the IG wielders do much more?

Because Thanos only wanted one Reality (616)

Because Nebula only had time to rearrange one reality (616)

Because Warlock didn't want any reality.

Because Rune never had control.

But obviously folks,
when we see what 4 Gems, or 2 Gems can do,
we don't need to reach much on the IG's potential,
if the wielder wishes to take his adventure beyond a universe.

Also,
the Time Gem alone froze the Timestream, so go figure.

quanchi112
I didn't say you did. Like Utriga said, I'm just pointing out the flaw in ODG's theory.

Galactus wouldn't really do any better than AM because the UN is useless against the IG, since the UN can just turn its energies against the user. Yes,I didnt say I bought into odg's theory anyways. But the fact is the un is more impressive than sc Am. I still havent been able to get my hands on ff4 and the abraxas story. Originally posted by Utrigita
It wasn't directed at you Quanchi but expect that when you post a Quote for someone and others see something in that Quote that they have a different opinion about, then they will state there opinion. I have just stated my opinion concerning the IG vs UN concerning the Quote from OneDumbGo that you provided. Nore CelestialDemon ore I am trying to force you into anything, the only part of that post that was directed towards you was the first part and CelestialDemon was only addressing OneDumbGo. Understood. I myself,only said that Galactus and the un do better which they could,but ultimately I think the ig wins. I say this though without having read the abraxas story.

Mr Master

But the fact is the un is more impressive than sc Am.
I still havent been able to get my hands on ff4 and the abraxas story.
I say this though without having read the abraxas story.
Concerning the UN during the Abraxas arc,
it remade the prime Multiverse.
Thanos defeated the power of the prime Multiverse in the IG arc.

Galactus/UN loses no matter what approach he takes:

1. If Thanos strikes first, IG wins.
2. If they strike at the same time,
Space Gem guarantees the IG affect to hit first, IG wins.
3. If Galactus strikes first, Time Gem slows down the blast, Thanos strikes, IG wins.
4. If Thanos allows Galactus to actually hit him first,
Power Gem protects Thanos from damage, he strikes back, IG wins.

Also,
5. Thanos can turn the UN's energies into a harmless rainbow with the Reality Gem.
6. Thanos can force Galactus with the Mind Gem to use the UN on himself.

and on and on ...

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mr Master
Concerning the UN during the Abraxas arc,
it remade the prime Multiverse.
Thanos defeated the power of the prime Multiverse in the IG arc.

Galactus/UN loses no matter what approach he takes:

1. If Thanos strikes first, IG wins.
2. If they strike at the same time,
Space Gem guarantees the IG affect to hit first, IG wins.
3. If Galactus strikes first, Time Gem slows down the blast, Thanos strikes, IG wins.
4. If Thanos allows Galactus to actually hit him first,
Power Gem protects Thanos from damage, he strikes back, IG wins.

Also,
5. Thanos can turn the UN's energies into a harmless rainbow with the Reality Gem.
6. Thanos can force Galactus with the Mind Gem to use the UN on himself.

and on and on ... I still thought the ig wins,but havent read the abraxas arc so I couldnt give it my full stamp of approval.

Knowsbleed33
http://img179.imageshack.us/my.php?image=theinfinityguantlet0518tm6.jpg

Good scan.

Thanos ftw.

lannfear
thanos ftw

kgkg
Your better than that fangirl Spite thread :/

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.