a Villains comic!!...?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SevenShackles
okay now, the question in this thread is this..
which comic Villain would do good with his own series. if him/her/them could hold a series past a few issues and who do you think is most deserving of having their own comic run?

yeah we have villains united/secret six.. but their more anti-heroes. Harley quinn had a run but was more a hero. deadshot..well was deadshot =D. not many villains get a comic focused on them and what they do which lets be honest, can be fun/entertaining.

try not to keep repeating the same character over and over, give it some thought. not only who could pull it off now but has potential that could be met in the series. for example catman sucked.. after villians united he sucked a little less.

share your thoughts. smokin'

Almighty Bauer
If he counts, Deadpool... again.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Almighty Bauer
If he counts, Deadpool... again.

Why is his new series crap (Thats if its out)

Martian_mind
Dr Light.

Almighty Bauer
Originally posted by Kazenji
I didn't know he had a new series. wink

Soljer
Originally posted by Kazenji

Wha?

"Why is his new series crap? Is his new series out?"

How do you know it's crap if it's not out yet? *confused*

Juntai
Deathstroke again. I loved Wolfman's series.
Lex's mini was great, he could pull it.
Or Doom.
Or Black Adam.

Those are the top choices.

Endrict Nuul
-Magneto but a good series this time around.
-Absorbing Man would be cool if it was done well.
-Classic Juggernaut
-Black Adam
-Bendix as a mini.
-Galactus
-Mystique could be a cool spy type comic.
-Carnage would be cool to see Cletus Kasady go on his killing sprees.
-Black Tarantula

Philosophía
Originally posted by Juntai
Deathstroke again. I loved Wolfman's series.
Lex's mini was great, he could pull it.
Or Doom.
Or Black Adam.

Those are the top choices.

Black Adam and Deathstroke would definitley work.

The others though .. Imo, they wouldn't.

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
-Magneto but a good series this time around.
-Absorbing Man would be cool if it was done well.
-Classic Juggernaut
-Black Adam
-Bendix as a mini.
-Galactus
-Mystique could be a cool spy type comic.
-Carnage would be cool to see Cletus Kasady go on his killing sprees.
-Black Tarantula

Granted some of these would only be good as minis and not a full series.

Almighty Bauer
Originally posted by Soljer
Wha?

"Why is his new series crap? Is his new series out?"

How do you know it's crap if it's not out yet? *confused*

He meant:

"Why? Is his new series crap?"
wink Does that make more sense to you?

Black Adam
The rogues

Nihilist
The hood

Premutos
Another vote for Dr. Light. **** villains that only do stuff that's approved by the Comics Code Authority.

Philosophía
Originally posted by Nihilist
Red Hood

Fixed.

Nihilist

Scoobless
Green Goblin
Bullseye
Venom

They should definitely put them in a comic together.

whistling

Endless Mike
Thanos

I know he had a miniseries but a full series would be cool

Deathstroke
The Rogues would be good. My boy should get a solo series again too.

SevenShackles
wow lots of good ideas! i agree with The Hood and The rogues.

The rogues have shown some serious potential in their current Final crisis mini. total badass, showing them pick off villians and heroes alike as well as get beat around would be cool. they have rules and interesting personal lives and personalities.

i wouldnt mind seeing a sinestro corp comic. showing more from the sinestro corp perspective. what do yall think of that idea?

Boy Blue
Arkham Asylum

SevenShackles
joker.

Juntai
Originally posted by SevenShackles

i wouldnt mind seeing a sinestro corp comic. showing more from the sinestro corp perspective. what do yall think of that idea? Anything Lantern is badass.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Almighty Bauer
He meant:

Yea beacause Almighty bauer had "If he counts, Deadpool... again."

Also how good are them Arkham Asylum comics because i saw a review for the joker one and the person pretty much summed it up as being crap.

Bouboumaster
Thanos, Doctor Doom, Two-Face, Magneto

Soljer
Originally posted by Kovacs86
He meant:

Score for punctuation. Thank you.

Back on topic;

Villain comics are very often extremely difficult to pull off. Readers want to read about someone and immerse themselves with someone they can relate to and understand on some level.

It's ridiculously difficult for all but the most skilled of writers to write a character the readers can root for without compromising his 'evility,' and making him more of an anti-hero.

Hell, even look to the Flash Rogues. Right now, they're a great read, but it's partially because they are 'bad guys' fighting 'badder guys.'

Scoobless
Originally posted by Soljer
Score for punctuation. Thank you.

Back on topic;

Villain comics are very often extremely difficult to pull off. Readers want to read about someone and immerse themselves with someone they can relate to and understand on some level.

It's ridiculously difficult for all but the most skilled of writers to write a character the readers can root for without compromising his 'evility,' and making him more of an anti-hero.

Hell, even look to the Flash Rogues. Right now, they're a great read, but it's partially because they are 'bad guys' fighting 'badder guys.'

And the Thunderbolts are bad guys fighting amongst themselves ... or beating up no name heroes who you see and go "oh hey, I remember that guy from *insert hero here*'s comic 10 years ago".

Aztec123
sinestro would be pretty awesome, current hank henshaw, mongul, darksed and the same could be said about the rogues... other than that, i cant picture any other villian with his or her comic book title. erm

invisiblewoman
my votes for doom

willRules
Catman, Deadshot, Ragdoll and Scandal. Add a couple of new villains every now and again, and you end up with 2 fantastic miniseries and what looks to be a fun ongoing....

Scoobless
Originally posted by Aztec123
sinestro would be pretty awesome, current hank henshaw, mongul, darksed and the same could be said about the rogues... other than that, i cant picture any other villian with his or her comic book title. erm

I couldn't agree less. lowered powered villains are more interesting over the long haul ... Taskmaster, Doc Ock, Kingpin, etc ... more vulnerable characters FTW!

Bouboumaster
King Pin or Taskmaster would be awesome too.

Catwoman?

OnslaughtKILLS
Taskmaster

King Kandy
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Thanos, Doctor Doom, Two-Face, Magneto
Agree on every count. Especially Two-Face, he is under-utilized.

WhiteWitchKing
Apocalypse. No, not about his past. I propose a comic about his struggles to conquer the world. His various trials into improving mutant kind. No, I don't want a Venom or Thanos anti-hero comic book. I want it to be about the villain, his perspective of a better world under his dictatorship, and the villains and heroes in the MU that delay his conquest. Basically its the reverse of the theme of heroes' "fighting for a better world."

Aside from the X-Men, Avengers, and FF, his conflict with Loki should be furthered, run-ins with Ultron and Doom's visions, his conflicting goals with Bastion and other mutant haters, etc.

Juntai
Originally posted by King Kandy
Agree on every count. Especially Two-Face, he is under-utilized. Besides the fact that he recently had the Facing the Face arc across the batbooks, a Year One, got a Joker's Asylum issue and is part of the RIP tie ins in Nightwing?

Blair Wind
Riddler.

I'd say Black Adam, but he already kinda had one with ww3.

Mandarin

Kang

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.