Did You Ever Snap a Game Disc in Half?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
Did you ever snap a game disc in half on purpose and if you did, why?

ESB -1138
Nope

Dark-Jaxx
I was tempted to take Disc 4 of FFVIII out back and shoot it with a shotgun, but no.

Mairuzu
friends grand theft auto 3

Peach
Yup.

The other day I was at work and was bored, so I took an old God of War demo for the PSP we still had and completely wrecked it. Took apart the plastic case thingy, and then managed to split the disc itself in two. It was pretty neat.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Peach
Yup.

The other day I was at work and was bored, so I took an old God of War demo for the PSP we still had and completely wrecked it. Took apart the plastic case thingy, and then managed to split the disc itself in two. It was pretty neat. You should be lynched. no expression

I mean...Come on. Out of all the games to choose from, you pick God of War? no expression

Sol Valentine
I broke Call of Duty 3 in half for fun.

Peach
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
You should be lynched. no expression

I mean...Come on. Out of all the games to choose from, you pick God of War? no expression

It was a demo and we still had about 20 of them sitting around, even though the game's been out for ages...

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Yeah. It happened when I was playing frisbee with a game disc one time. sad

No, not really.

Nemesis X
I once snapped a Tomb Raider Legend disc in half when it wouldn't work.
That's what you get when you go to a store that sells used games.

Smasandian
Nah, I'd be pissed off by the money I would lose from trading it in.

Blax_Hydralisk
Some guy was talking shit on LIVE so I was all like "Yeah well take this!" And I took out the CD and ripped it in half.

I haven't seen or heard from the guy since. I'm sick like that.

Burning thought
nah, ive snapped discs but not on purpose, when i was young and a game didnt work i would tear it out the drive and smash it to pieces, then cry about it after roll eyes (sarcastic)

Kazenji

Nothing wrong with buying used games erm

as long as the game works thats the main thing and in your case it did'nt.

Dr. Leg Kick
my friend sat on NHL 01'

he broke my disc, i took one of his fingers.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
I was tempted to take Disc 4 of FFVIII out back and shoot it with a shotgun, but no.

Same here...but I didn't.

Smasandian
Originally posted by Kazenji
Nothing wrong with buying used games erm

as long as the game works thats the main thing and in your case it did'nt.

He didnt think of taking it back and getting another used copy?

Peach
I once snapped a Tomb Raider Legend disc in half when it wouldn't work.

Yeah, funny that, 90% of the games I buy are used, and the only time in the past year I've had a game not work it was a new one.

Originally posted by Smasandian

Obviously, that would make far too much sense.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Smasandian

They only had one Tomb Raider Legend disc and the rest of the games they had were crappy. I would've rented it at Hollywood Videos but unfortuantely, they have never heard of a disc cleaner.

Smasandian
If it doesn't work, you can still take it back for a refund.

Vampire Savior
Did you ever snap a game disc in half on purpose and if you did, why? Yup, twice and they still worked.

The games were Marvel Super Heros and Ridge Racer and I did it cuz i was pissed.

manoy
No but I microwaved one.

Yoshi Paradise

Not at all.

I'm always careful with my game disks.

Phat J
i broke pes2008 in half when i was pissed off at the ridiculous online play one day. it was really cathartic and i dont regret it at all. felt really good.

it was actually good anyways because i couldnt play it anymore and get all pissed off. whats the point of playing a game if it makes you feel like that?

Nemesis X
I once broke someones Vampire Rain disc by accident and he was pissed.

H. S. 6
I once broke someones Vampire Rain disc by accident and he was pissed.

Obviously he hadn't played it yet.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Obviously he hadn't played it yet.

laughing out loud I know. Think I did him a favor.

ragesRemorse
Yeah, i've smashed the hell out of a few game discs but they were all from consoles and era's past. I came across my old video game cache one time a few years ago. I found two suit cases which contained a Ps1, Sega Saturn, 3do, Sega cd, and N64. I went online and bought all of the necessary Rf-switches, adapters and universal adapters so that i could hook them all up. A few amazon packages and power cords later i had a treasure trove of video games. Before all of the funcolands were bought out by gamestop i had purchased a shiit load of old school video games for each system that i just recently found. I was still in my "i'm going to own ever video game console and video game ever made phase". These games were old even then, nine years ago. So, after i had everything hooked up, i had a fair share of games to play for each console.

Well, a few buddies and i had a few weeks of fun getting high and playing some retro games. However, after i stopped getting high and i tried playing those old games sober. I realized just how shiit they are. I soon lost interest in old school gaming and i rarely if, ever play those old consoles anymore. Since then many of my old Sega Saturn, Sega Cd, 3d0 and Ps1 games have either become coasters, one time frisbee's, or broken shards. So yeah, i've deliberately snapped a few game discs in half.

THE JLRTENJAC
I know it's not a disc but: I threw Metroid 2 at the wall when I was younger... destroyed the casing, but managed to tape it back together, and it still works fine to this day.

Zoron
Originally posted by Alan Kyder
Yup, twice and they still worked.

The games were Marvel Super Heros and Ridge Racer and I did it cuz i was pissed. huh no no no no no no please tell me u didn't rip up marvel super heroes anything but that

Zoron
I broke x-men Legends in half game was too frustrating and boring nothing like x-men legends 2 or marvel ultimate alliance

SaTsuJiN
No, but my friend did.. it was Twisted Metal 2... /sniffles..

but he rented it.. so he just krazy glued it back together and brought it back

Lord Knightfa11
lololol

Geosafari, because my parents were forcing me to play it.

Kovacs86
Yeah... playing frisbee with an Pro Evo 2 or 3 or something. It hit a lamp post...

Joker1237
No.

k1Lla441
Originally posted by Alan Kyder
Yup, twice and they still worked.

The games were Marvel Super Heros and Ridge Racer and I did it cuz i was pissed.
i think one time, and one time only i had played gta 3 so much and i was completey sick of it, i snapped it in half. and i proceeded to throw it accross the room. And i do not regret any of it smile

Lord Shadow Z

Kazenji
Originally posted by Zoron
I broke x-men Legends in half game was too frustrating and boring nothing like x-men legends 2 or marvel ultimate alliance

How far did you get with x-men Legends ?

because it gets better later on.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.