Atlas Vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cloud102
Atlas I knocked Superman out vs Thor. Who's the last man standing?

guy222
current or classic thor

DigiMark007
Originally posted by guy222
current or classic thor

Shouldn't matter. The differences between them are less than is commonly assumed, and classic actually has more versatility feats than current, and better raw power feats if we exclude the suspect usage of the Odin Force (or whatever they're calling it).

Thor ftw.

leonidas
thor every single time. and i doubt it would be that tough for him. didn't herc take out atlas without much difficuluty at one point?

-K-M-
Originally posted by leonidas
thor every single time. and i doubt it would be that tough for him. didn't herc take out atlas without much difficuluty at one point?

Wrong Atlas

Philosophía
Edit.

leonidas
Originally posted by -K-M-
Wrong Atlas

ah. then i have no idea who this atlas is. sad

guy222
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Shouldn't matter. The differences between them are less than is commonly assumed, and classic actually has more versatility feats than current, and better raw power feats if we exclude the suspect usage of the Odin Force (or whatever they're calling it).

Thor ftw.

ThorPower

kgkg
ah. then i have no idea who this atlas is. sad eek! laughing out loud

guy222
ah. then i have no idea who this atlas is. sad

Atlas

http://b.imagehost.org/t/0188/Superman003-004.jpg http://b.imagehost.org/t/0945/Superman005.jpg http://b.imagehost.org/t/0853/Superman006.jpg

quanchi112
Thor wins.

CaptainStoic
This battle realy depends on how powerful Red Hulk is, because he beat Thor without much of a hassle. Thor of course defeated the Destroyer construct, which in my opinion may be powerful enough to take down Superman.

Because of Thors low showing against Red Hulk, I have to go with Atlas for a slight victory.

Soljer
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thor wins. a one way ticket to an early grave.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
This battle realy depends on how powerful Red Hulk is

What the f**k?

Endrict Nuul
This battle realy depends on how powerful Red Hulk is, because he beat Thor without much of a hassle. Thor of course defeated the Destroyer construct, which in my opinion may be powerful enough to take down Superman.

Because of Thors low showing against Red Hulk, I have to go with Atlas for a slight victory.

What the f**k?

Juk3n

WTF

llagrok
Thor.

Endrict Nuul
Rulk didnt beat Thor, Loeb did.

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Rulk didnt beat Thor, Loeb did.

CaptainStoic
Red Hulk did beat Thor, why would this be contested? It's canon no matter if people did not like the outcome. I also thought that Atlas was more powerful than Thor as far as mythology goes.

tsscls
Thor

rougeredmage
Didnt Thor allways win against Power man when he was hanging around with the masters of evil..... thus meaning he knows his general battle startegy. thus i am going to give this to Thor as he outclsses him

Mindset
Guys this is DC Atlas.

comicfan11
We already know how Thor fared against Supes...
Seeing what Atlas did to Supes I have to say Atlas.
He took Supes attacks head on and didn't even bleed or have a bruise.

Val-E-Doosh

http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwjimp.gif

llagrok
I also thought that Atlas was more powerful than Thor as far as mythology goes.

Fail

Juk3n
Originally posted by llagrok
Fail rolling on floor laughing

Badabing
We still don't know what the spell of "three who are one" did to/for Atlas.

bats2jm
Originally posted by comicfan11
We already know how Thor fared against Supes...

I dont know how does he fare?

Juk3n
Originally posted by bats2jm

Kicks his lily!

Enyalus
In mythological terms, Atlas was much stronger than Thor. Strongest one of the Titan race, his only rival in that department at all was Zeus (an Olympian).

bats2jm: Thor lost to Supes in the JLA/Avengers officially canon crossover.

bats2jm
Originally posted by Juk3n
Kicks his lily!

laughing out loud ok

llagrok

Superman went spinal tap.

leonidas
weirdest. thread. ever.

no expression

bats2jm
Originally posted by Enyalus
In mythological terms, Atlas was much stronger than Thor. Strongest one of the Titan race, his only rival in that department at all was Zeus (an Olympian).

bats2jm: Thor lost to Supes in the JLA/Avengers officially canon crossover.
Question is the JLA/Avengers crossover really an officially canon?

comicfan11
Question is the JLA/Avengers crossover really an officially canon?

Yes.
It has been used by DC in a JLA arc after that and is currently one of the main points of the ongoing Trinity arc.
Can't get any more canon than that.

bats2jm
Yes.
It has been used by DC in a JLA arc after that and is currently one of the main points of the ongoing Trinity arc.
Can't get any more canon than that.
Cool so its cannon for DC But how is does that make it cannon for marvel?

llagrok

It hasn't been proven to be canon for Marvel just yet.

bats2jm
It hasn't been proven to be canon for Marvel just yet.

THANKS just wanted to know for sure.

comicfan11

Marvel hasn't used it yet.
But since the Cosmic egg exists in the DCU the story of it's creation is the one from JLA/Avengers.
And in these issues Supes beat Thor, meaning that it actually happened.

Plus members from both companies admit it's the only canon intercompany crossover.
Both companies can use elements from that story if they want. Marvel just hasn't done it yet.

Badabing
I still hate using crossovers. Just my imo though.

comicfan11
Originally posted by Badabing
I still hate using crossovers. Just my imo though.

I liked this particular story. It was a great read IMO and it gauged the powerlevels pretty descent again IMO.

But yeah crossovers in general tend to favor the writer's favorite characters so it's good that almost all of them are not canon.

bats2jm
I liked this particular story. It was a great read IMO and it gauged the powerlevels pretty descent again IMO.

But yeah crossovers in general tend to favor the writer's favorite characters so it's good that almost all of them are not canon.
No crossovers should be canon too much crap happen in them that can never be explained.

llagrok
Marvel hasn't used it yet.
But since the Cosmic egg exists in the DCU the story of it's creation is the one from JLA/Avengers.
And in these issues Supes beat Thor, meaning that it actually happened.

Plus members from both companies admit it's the only canon intercompany crossover.
Both companies can use elements from that story if they want. Marvel just hasn't done it yet.

Thor did mention that he has Superman's measure though.

comicfan11
Thor did mention that he has Superman's measure though.

That doesn't change the fact that the score between them is still 1-0 in favor of Superman.

Saying something doesn't make it fact.

In a recent Trinity issue WW said she is faster than Supes although all of their common history suggest differently.

Or Namor claiming that he is stronger than Herc despite being proven wrong.

Newjak
That doesn't change the fact that the score between them is still 1-0 in favor of Superman.

Saying something doesn't make it fact.

In a recent Trinity issue WW said she is faster than Supes although all of their common history suggest differently.

Or Namor claiming that he is stronger than Herc despite being proven wrong. No offense but the book itself was horribly inconsistent.

Thor goes from being able to take a twin shot from Martian Manhunter and Superman. To where Superman clocks him once and it's over. Plus as I've stated numerous times if you want to use this comic as evidence for that fight. Then there is a whole floodgate to opened to other characters.

Such as Wonder Man beating Green Lantern.

psycho gundam
and thor one piecing doomsday.....wait, that can happen shifty

comicfan11
Originally posted by Newjak
No offense but the book itself was horribly inconsistent.

Thor goes from being able to take a twin shot from Martian Manhunter and Superman. To where Superman clocks him once and it's over. Plus as I've stated numerous times if you want to use this comic as evidence for that fight. Then there is a whole floodgate to opened to other characters.

Such as Wonder Man beating Green Lantern.

Non taken.

But the fact remains that it is canon.
Plus Supes and Thor fought for many panels it wasn't like Supes oneshot him or anything.

And although I think that Hal or John would take a majority from Simon I can see him giving a fight to a non-ION Kyle.

On the other hand Hawkeye KOing Cap Atom with a lead arrow made me laugh for a long time...

Newjak
Non taken.

But the fact remains that it is canon.
Plus Supes and Thor fought for many panels it wasn't like Supes oneshot him or anything.

And although I think that Hal or John would take a majority from Simon I can see him giving a fight to a non-ION Kyle.

On the other hand Hawkeye KOing Cap Atom with a lead arrow made me laugh for a long time... It was for many panels. I think the point was that Thor wouldn't or hasn't gone down that easy. The fight itself was too short for a consistent accurate gauge or sweetness level of a fight these two would have.

And as made mention before Thor did say he had taken the measure of Superman. When Thor does that he doesn't lie about it.

My personal take on the fight was that it showed whoever stopped holding back the quickest would be the one that would win.

And Green Lantern wasn't just fighting or being given a fight he was being dominated by WM.

And there were many such moments like that. big grin

comicfan11
Originally posted by Newjak
It was for many panels. I think the point was that Thor wouldn't or hasn't gone down that easy. The fight itself was too short for a consistent accurate gauge or sweetness level of a fight these two would have.

And as made mention before Thor did say he had taken the measure of Superman. When Thor does that he doesn't lie about it.

My personal take on the fight was that it showed whoever stopped holding back the quickest would be the one that would win.

And Green Lantern wasn't just fighting or being given a fight he was being dominated by WM.

And there were many such moments like that. big grin

Yes it was clear that Kyle would lose if not for Supes help.
And I also believe the Thor/Supes fight intended to show that these two are veeeery close. I think in the end Supes status as the flagship of DC comics combined with his higher feats (planet moving, black holes, etc) gave him the win.

I don't say that Thor can't win some from Supes, I just pointed that last time they fought (and only) Supes was the clear winner.

lawest9
Yes it was clear that Kyle would lose if not for Supes help.
And I also believe the Thor/Supes fight intended to show that these two are veeeery close. I think in the end Supes status as the flagship of DC comics combined with his higher feats (planet moving, black holes, etc) gave him the win.

I don't say that Thor can't win some from Supes, I just pointed that last time they fought (and only) Supes was the clear winner. You mentioned the black hole, planet moving thing but that was pre-crisis superman whom thor would have had NO CHANCE against, this was really the weakest version of superman that thor fought or at least close to the weakest.

Avlon
Going froom the little shown so far...Atlas destroys Thor.. at least physically.

I'm curious as to how well Krypto will do against him now.

Newjak
Originally posted by Avlon
Going froom the little shown so far...Atlas destroys Thor.. at least physically. I don't know. While Superman's durability is > than Thor's over all. One thing I think Thor can do better than Superman is take a hit that effects him and just keep on coming.

While Atlas could win physically I think Thor would make it a battle. As to who wins. Thos has better verastility then atlas as shown so far, and has far more options to deal with him then Superman. The first being of course BFR.

llagrok
If Thor fights like Superman did then he deserves to lose.

How hard is it to fly back and let him take a couple of lightning or energy blasts?

comicfan11
Originally posted by lawest9
You mentioned the black hole, planet moving thing but that was pre-crisis superman whom thor would have had NO CHANCE against, this was really the weakest version of superman that thor fought or at least close to the weakest.

Black hole was post Crisis.

Val-E-Doosh
If Thor fights like Superman did then he deserves to lose.

How hard is it to fly back and let him take a couple of lightning or energy blasts?
Judging by his fight with Red Hulk, pretty hard. awesome

llagrok
Originally posted by Val-E-Doosh
Judging by his fight with Red Hulk, pretty hard. awesome

haw-som

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.