The best first person shooter ever...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedireaper
Which is the best. For me its GoldenEye on the Nintendo 64...

ESB -1138
Metroid Prime - Gamecube

And if for some reason I can't use that Golden Eye 007.

Morridini
Possibly a similar thread somewhere. Might even have to be in the Versus thread...

But IMO, it's GoldenEye that definitley win this one *cough*PetitioninsigtogetGoldenEyetoXBLA*cough*

Jedireaper
Good luck... I'm a N64/PS2/PS3 fan... any chance of it coming to Sony's Home Arcade... lol, GoldenEye definately my alltime fav'

BackFire
Either Goldeneye or Half Life.

Impediment
Call of Duty 4 and Metroid Prime tie for me.

Jedireaper
I should have put Metroid Prime up there, but remember it used to be sidescrolling.

Neo Darkhalen
Timesplitters/COD4/Half Life those are ties for me.

Jedireaper
Can a mod put Metroid in instead of Black, and allow multiple voting.

Burning thought
Half life, but not on those platforms, PC for me

Impediment
Originally posted by Jedireaper

PM a Global like WrathfulDwarf, BackFire, or Ushgarak and they will alter the poll for you.

jaden101
out of those i would have to go with perfect dark...i just thought it took golden eye to a whole new level of fun and had some of the best weapons and gadgets i've seen in a game to this day

CoD4 was close to clinching it as well for the sheer amount of time i've played it

Dark-Jaxx
No Unreal Tournament? no expression

ragesRemorse
From that list...,Half Life 2, easily. I would have said COD4, but the respawning enemies took that game down from a 9.5 to an 8 in my book. I think it will be a long time before a there is an fps that topples Half life. Bioshock came close though.

Why do people feel compelled to always mention Goldeneye? Yeah, the game was incredible and very innovative for it's time, but the game doesn't even compare to current FPS games.

NonSensi-Klown
I voted halo 3 just to be an *******.

Dark-Jaxx
So did I my friend, only I did it because out of that list, it really IS my favorite.

NonSensi-Klown
We are rebels!

I spit upon Smas and Alpha Centauri and all the other haters!

Peach

I replaced Black with Metroid Prime, but it's not possible to change it to multiple voting.

Anyway, I say Goldeneye and COD4.

NonSensi-Klown
Black was my secondary choice. no expression

ESB -1138
Alright, Metroid Prime is up there of course I like Corruption the best because of the controls and everything but the first one started it all.

NonSensi-Klown
I personally find that Metroid, as far as actual first person shooters are concerned, is pretty weak. The general tactic in Metroid when in combat is to hold down on the auto-lock button, then strafe back and fourth and to the side, rapidly clicking on your infinite ammo wielding firing button until your enemy dies.

Metroid is still like, one of the best games ever though.

xNIXSONx
can Metroid be put on the list? i thought there was like a thing where you couldnt look up and down at the same time as left and right...or is that just the gamecube version

ESB -1138
Originally posted by xNIXSONx
can Metroid be put on the list? i thought there was like a thing where you couldnt look up and down at the same time as left and right...or is that just the gamecube version

You can do that with 3 for the Wii but the Gamecube controller wasn't really made to fit for a FPS so Retro Studios had to work around it and that's why it has the controls it did; to make it fit for the Gamecube.

Dark-Jaxx
Metroid Prime 1-3 were great games, but I agree with Blax, as far as being an actual FPS is concerned, it wasn't that great.

Oh, and just to piss off the COD fanboys, COD4 is BORING. no expression

xNIXSONx
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Metroid Prime 1-3 were great games, but I agree with Blax, as far as being an actual FPS is concerned, it wasn't that great.

Oh, and just to piss off the COD fanboys, COD4 is BORING. no expression

do you mean COD4 online or the story-singer player experience

NonSensi-Klown
*And Nixson's head snaps backwards at the mention of "COD4 and Boring" in the same sentence.* laughing out loud

xNIXSONx
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
*And Nixson's head snaps backwards at the mention of "COD4 and Boring" in the same sentence. laughing out loud

lol im just wondering what made it boring for that person, like the only thing id say about COD is it is very generic, and probably could fit in right with the other modern warfare shooters out there

Dark-Jaxx
Well the gameplay in general is boring, I have played it on multiplayer and online, and it just is not as fun for me as say Halo or Unreal Tournament 3.

Impediment
COD4 is a fantastic FPS either way you slice it. The story mode, albeit very short, is nothing less than amazing. The multiplayer mode keeps on giving and giving. It's a win-win situation.

Metroid Prime, while it is, technically, a FPS, is sci-fi in nature, so I don't see a problem with it's mechaincs/infinte firepower.

BackFire
COD4 is quite excellent, but it does have some very severe problems, primarily in single player.

The way the enemies just simply respawn infinitely until you move past a certain spot really bothers me. As one reviewer said, the game can start to feel like a shooting gallery. Also the AI is a bit dumb. And, as with all COD games, the grenades are exceptionally annoying.

Great game though, think I'll play through it again.

Jedireaper
COD4 is good, but GoldenEye for its time, was a technical achievement. It still stands as not only the greatest Bond game, but as one of the most well designed games yet made. COD4 is flashy graphics, a middle eastern setting, some slick if predefined AI and animations, and everything you would expect from Next Gen. Granted the games don't compare but no game has ever reached the popularity of that Bond game, except the cult it TimeSplitters, which shares many features with the N64 game. It also has some of the best hit sensitive character models and a heck of a lot of cool wals that the characters die. C'mon, shooting guards in the ass and watching them hop up and down in pain is funny, and even the crotch shot drawn laughs as they roll on the ground in pain. The Modern FPS would be nothing with-out GoldenEye, and before that though not true 3D, Doom, and later Duke Nukem 3D which was pretty smooth.

Regarding Black.. Its failing was the lack of multi-player.

I personally love Area 51, the first time I played it I was amazed. Its a very good game that in many ways in similer to Halo.

<-@ST->
I vote 007.

I know its outdated and technically cant compare anymore, but if the true measure of a game is "fun", I have never had as much fun with an FPS then playing with 3 friends in 007. Playing the original Halo with friends is pretty close though.

Dark-Jaxx
I personally think a real good FPS was Turok: Seeds of Evil.

I really liked the premise of the game and the setting, and the multiplayer was really fun.

And not to mention the weapons, oh God those were some badass weapons. The Cerebral Bore anyone?

xNIXSONx
also isn't Metroid technically a FPA, first person adventure??

Jedireaper
I love you @ST.. Go Bond, beat Cod-fish 4, lol the multi is pretty sweet in COD4 but GoldenEye, as ST mentions, was pure fragging fun. A miss spent youth playing it. Besides, I play N64 still more than PS2/3 lol.

Jedireaper
I omitted Turok to include more modern shooters but I never really liked Turok, it was a glitchy little ***** and made use of the Star Wars Shadows of the Empire game engine or something. Actually, just on a good N64 game, Rogue Squadron was excellent.

<-@ST->
I personally think a real good FPS was Turok: Seeds of Evil.

I really liked the premise of the game and the setting, and the multiplayer was really fun.

And not to mention the weapons, oh God those were some badass weapons. The Cerebral Bore anyone?

Also one of my faves, I still call the Bore my favorite gaming weapon. laughing out loud

I love you @ST.. Go Bond, beat Cod-fish 4, lol the multi is pretty sweet in COD4 but GoldenEye, as ST mentions, was pure fragging fun. A miss spent youth playing it. Besides, I play N64 still more than PS2/3 lol.

I still remember barricading myself on the facility map with proximity mines on the doors, or hiding in the stalls. stick out tongue

xNIXSONx
Brothers in Arms, isnt even out til sept 23rd and BF:BC...i dont think it should be up there either, just my opinion

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by &lt;-@ST-&gt;
Also one of my faves, I still call the Bore my favorite gaming weapon. laughing out loud Seeing the bore used with modern gaming graphics would be delicious, a weapon that literally burrows into the brain of your enemy? Awesome.

<-@ST->
Seeing the bore used with modern gaming graphics would be delicious, a weapon that literally burrows into the brain of your enemy? Awesome.

Thats why(well one of many reasons) I hated the new Turok, it was such a ****ing generic piece of crap, none of the crazy cool weapons of the old games.

Jedireaper
I watched my cousin run outta weapons on caves fighting my other cousin, and all he had was prox mines, so he placed them on every tunnel leading the area he was in and waited his enemy to find him. After passing the traps, he ran and acidentally killed himself by one of his mines. Bunker was my fav map, followed by Complex, Caves, then Facility, which is one of the most perfect maps in multi history.

Dark-Jaxx
Thats why(well one of many reasons) I hated the new Turok, it was such a ****ing generic piece of crap, none of the crazy cool weapons of the old games. I won't say I hated the new Turok, I actually loved the knife kills, but that was a letdown. One of the reasons I loved the first too was the awesome and diverse weapons like the Nuke, Cerebral Bore, or Scorpion Launcher.

Although the new Turok was substantially better than Evolutions IMO.

NonSensi-Klown
I loved Black. Probably my third favorite FPS, right behind Area 51 and Halo 3.

w_0vd9lE5KE

QCWBLI6uZLY

Jedireaper
Area 51 was also omitted in place of BF: BC

<-@ST->
I loved Black. Probably my third favorite FPS, right behind Area 51 and Halo 3.

w_0vd9lE5KE

QCWBLI6uZLY

I enjoyed Black, but I thought it suffered from Fable syndrome, it didnt deliver on promises.

NonSensi-Klown
What were the promises, may I ask?

<-@ST->
Im pretty sure that you were supposed to able to destroy "everything", but that wasnt true.

Dark-Jaxx
I enjoyed Black, but I thought it suffered from Fable syndrome, it didnt deliver on promises. I loled.

But regardless, Fable was still a great game IMO.

I never played Black.

NonSensi-Klown
But did you watch the vid? 313

Peach
Also one of my faves, I still call the Bore my favorite gaming weapon. laughing out loud

I still remember barricading myself on the facility map with proximity mines on the doors, or hiding in the stalls. stick out tongue

Loading up rooms with proximity mines in Goldeneye was SO much fun...

I also liked sniping people from inside the vents.

My friends and I still play that game multiplayer all the time.

Dark-Jaxx
But did you watch the vid? 313 Nope. Didn't feel like it. Too busy listening to "Oh No You Didn't." stick out tongue

And to date there is still no weapon in an FPS which rivals the Cerebral Bore in awesomeness, it is the Midnight Bliss of FPS'.

Jedireaper
I played the original tech demo.

NonSensi-Klown
Area 51 was also omitted in place of BF: BC

You count Killzone as a "modern" shooter, how?

Jedireaper
Killzone... I love that game big grin Actually I shoul have put that in the lost but I thought I'd chuck in the original Medal of Honor.

Morridini
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Why do people feel compelled to always mention Goldeneye? Yeah, the game was incredible and very innovative for it's time, but the game doesn't even compare to current FPS games.

Because even after 11 years it is on par with the new FPS games. Whenever we pull it out from tje closet every summer it's just so much darned fun. Sure CoD 4 is great, but don't think I will be playing it in 2018.

xNIXSONx
im positive i played goldeneye at my friends house back in the day, but i forget how the controls are, how do u control a FPS with only one analog stick

Schwarzenegger
Call of duty 4 PC.

CS sucks btw.

NonSensi-Klown
Counter Strike is pretty gay, yeah. no expression

Morridini
im positive i played goldeneye at my friends house back in the day, but i forget how the controls are, how do u control a FPS with only one analog stick

Instead of a right analog stick the N64 had four yellow buttons that did the same thing as the right analog sticks do today.

Jedireaper
Actually the controls are pick up and play, they become secod nature, strfing around corners, looking up and down, reloading, moving, changing weapons and aiming are all in easy reach. Go round your local Cash Converters for one, lol.

Jedireaper
Operation Flashpoint was an excellent game.

Neo Darkhalen
How could 4 people pick Halo 3? no expression

Burning thought
Half life 2 I think because it had a brilliant atmosphere, characters and some amazing graphical leaps, ime talking about the PC version, ime not sure what it looks like on consoles, also I like weapons like the gravity gun, i think there was a lot of fun to be had with that and the amount of mods for the game makes it great as well.

NonSensi-Klown
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen

haermmcrylaugh

Dark-Jaxx
How could 4 people pick Halo 3? no expression Because Goldeneye is overrated.

Nemesis X

Hey I voted for Halo 3 you Halo hatin jackass mad

Neo Darkhalen
Because Goldeneye is overrated.

Still better then Halo 3

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Hey I voted for Halo 3 you Halo hatin jackass mad

it's a bad, overrated game....get over it no expression

<-@ST->

Overrated? Yes. Bad? Hell no. I dont think you can argue that the game is bad, you can argue that its not near as good as its fans make it sound, but you cant call it a bad game.

Neo Darkhalen
Overrated? Yes. Bad? Hell no. I dont think you can argue that the game is bad, you can argue that its not near as good as its fans make it sound, but you cant call it a bad game.

I don't know, i just felt that fighting the same types of enemies got a little boring after a while, save one mission it was not that difficult...the AI is poor...the campaign was short..the final boss was weak and there are a few bugs here and there...and those Gravemind/Cortana intermissions served as nothing but annoyances.

Dark-Jaxx
Still better then Halo 3 No it isn't.

Burning thought
the fact ive not even played it makes it a bad game, since I only play the best games, you listenin to me foos? ime teh pro at gaminz!

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Burning thought
the fact ive not even played it makes it a bad game, since I only play the best games, you listenin to me foos? ime teh pro at gaminz! Nonsense. You played Legacy of Kain. That alone disproves your statement. stick out tongue

((The_Anomaly))
I really dont think that Metroid Prime should be on the list since its not really a FPS, its more of a First Person Adventure game. It has more in common with Zelda then the traditional FPS. However, Prime is one of the most amazing games ever. But since I dont consider it a FPS at all I wont include it. The CURRENT best FPS ever I would say is Half Life 2 and Call of Duty 4. As for defining what the best FPS is for its time I'd say its Goldeneye for me. It was amazing for its time, it was the first real good FPS on a console and was such a huge success, everyone that I know knows Goldeneye 007 for the N64.

Impediment
How can you say that MP isn't a FPS? It clearly has all the makings of a FPS, even with it's sci-fi mechanics and abilities.

Jedireaper
It is a platformer game at heart. The most FPS Metroid available was Hunters on the DS, its its amazing. GoldenEye still does it for me, I still play, and I've dscovered so many things about it such as glitches that make the game better. In fact it is one of the few games where the glitches were fun and interesting and not annoying, makig the game much better, but why has no-one even mentioned another classic, Medal of Honor?

Kenshinswife
What about James Bond, a little golden gun action never hurts.

Zack Fair
Still better then Halo 3

Fission Mailed

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Fission Mailed

I kinda expected that from you stick out tongue haermm

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by Impediment
How can you say that MP isn't a FPS? It clearly has all the makings of a FPS, even with it's sci-fi mechanics and abilities.
Because it isnt a FPS, even Nintendo does not consider it a FPS. In Nintendo's own words, It is a First Person ADVENTURE (or platformer if you prefer). You do more exploring and platforming in Metroid Prime then you do shooting, and the shooting is really secondary to the actual adventuring in the game. Just because the game is in a first person perspective and that you shoot in it does not mean it is a FPS. It shares only few similarities with traditional FPS games. It has more in common with Zelda then it does with Halo for example.

Smasandian
Originally posted by BackFire
COD4 is quite excellent, but it does have some very severe problems, primarily in single player.

The way the enemies just simply respawn infinitely until you move past a certain spot really bothers me. As one reviewer said, the game can start to feel like a shooting gallery. Also the AI is a bit dumb. And, as with all COD games, the grenades are exceptionally annoying.

Great game though, think I'll play through it again.

I also think its a great game. One of the better experiences last year but as you said, it has alot problems.

The other problem is that the whole game is scripted completely. There isnt any sort of AI to speak of, the same battle plays out the same and COD4 is almost identical in gameplay as the previous Call of Duty's. The difference is that its a modern setting, and not a historic setting. Even MP, though very fun is roughly the same as before outside of the perk system.

It's still a very fun game but not even close to perfection, or being the best out there. If I have to C4 another flak gun, I'm done with the series.

I just finished Crysis for the second time, and that play through was radically different than the first. COD4 doesnt have that.

I would pick Half Life if it was up there, but Half Life 2 is a good alternative.

Schwarzenegger
Counter Strike is pretty gay, yeah. no expression Very, only gayboi's claim CS(cock sucking) &gt; Call of duty 4.

Jedireaper
Haaa! Operations Flashpoint!!!

xNIXSONx
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
Because it isnt a FPS, even Nintendo does not consider it a FPS. In Nintendo's own words, It is a First Person ADVENTURE (or platformer if you prefer). You do more exploring and platforming in Metroid Prime then you do shooting, and the shooting is really secondary to the actual adventuring in the game. Just because the game is in a first person perspective and that you shoot in it does not mean it is a FPS. It shares only few similarities with traditional FPS games. It has more in common with Zelda then it does with Halo for example.

i also stated that Metroid was a FPA, but people probably just ignored me roll eyes (sarcastic)

ESB -1138
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))

Really? I thought Nintendo called it a First Person Adventure was because everyone thought Metroid Prime would just be a Halo clone and they wanted to try to avoid that comparison.

Neo Darkhalen
I'm surprised there is no Bioshock on that list.

Or System Shock for that matter mmm

xNIXSONx
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Really? I thought Nintendo called it a First Person Adventure was because everyone thought Metroid Prime would just be a Halo clone and they wanted to try to avoid that comparison.

im sure it is an adventure game, that is done in first person. and Nintendo aint one for copying

and as for FPS, did Doom or something like that do anything for the FPS genre? like something bout display 3d space...

i really think some of these games shouldnt be even nominated for best FPS of all time, ever.

for one Brothers in Arms isnt even out yet, BF BC?? why is that on the list, im suprised Crysis isnt up there with em lol

Neo Darkhalen
Wolfenstein 3D

Jedireaper
I cant change it but nominate your own and submit it to me and I'll speak to Ush or someone to change BF: BC, MoH, and BIA: HH...

Dark-Jaxx
If I can nominate my own I choose Unreal Tournament in general.

Smasandian
im sure it is an adventure game, that is done in first person. and Nintendo aint one for copying

and as for FPS, did Doom or something like that do anything for the FPS genre? like something bout display 3d space...

i really think some of these games shouldnt be even nominated for best FPS of all time, ever.

for one Brothers in Arms isnt even out yet, BF BC?? why is that on the list, im suprised Crysis isnt up there with em lol

If you look at the list, its strictly console outside of HL2, and the few ports they have on consoles from PC games.

Considering the best device to play shooters, its kinda of funny.

xNIXSONx
Originally posted by Smasandian
If you look at the list, its strictly console outside of HL2, and the few ports they have on consoles from PC games.

Considering the best device to play shooters, its kinda of funny.

oooooh i see, its all console shooters, i thought it was all around. Cuz like...arent PCs ideal for playing FPS?

Jedireaper
Basically, someone tell me what games I should keep in the list and the games I should swap with the ones I shouldn't keep.

Smasandian
oooooh i see, its all console shooters, i thought it was all around. Cuz like...arent PCs ideal for playing FPS?

Yeppers.

Kazenji
TimeSplitters: Future Perfect

And as for "PCs ideal for playing FPS" it depends because if you talk to console gamers that they'll obvisouly say Console is better.

Smasandian
I am both and the mouse/keyboard is a much superior control scheme. Every game that has plays well while with consoles, only a few games play well.

COD4 is a good example of this. BF Bad Company is the opposite example.

Also, PC FPS tend to be better experiences due to the fact of the hardware and superior graphics.

I like console shooters, but in the end, the PC just does them better.

Morridini
Speaking of lack of PC games, Battlefield 2 was (is) a freaking great online multiplayer game for the PC.

NonSensi-Klown
I played through Black again today.

geeze, that game is awesome. It's better then most current gen games in terms of gameplay.

Smasandian
Originally posted by Morridini
Speaking of lack of PC games, Battlefield 2 was (is) a freaking great online multiplayer game for the PC.

I forgot about that one.

I had so much fun with it.

Hopefully they redo Battlefield 1942 with the graphics of today and the advancements they made with the sequel.

Ushgarak
Saying MP is not an FPS is total nonsense; the 'Adventure' trappings are a myth. Just about everything in the game is done by shooting it. Even the scanner works on an effective shooting basis. The majority of stuff in MP is a shooting event, just with long walks between each boss.

DEFINITELY an FPS, those who say otherwise have lost perspective.

Jedireaper
I love MP: Hunters! The wireless multi is pure fun... GoldenEye for DS

ESB -1138
It looks like I'm the only one who voted Metroid Prime. Oh well.

FistOfThe North
The best? Hm. tuff one.

I do have the best few to me, if that'll do.

And incase it does, here it is -in no order-..(my list)

- Call of Duty

- Gears of War

- Half-Life

- Goldeneye 007

- MOH:AA

Honarable Metion: "Doom" (cause they started it)

ESB -1138
Wolfenstien came out before Doom so wouldn't it have started it.

Smasandian
It did, but Doom made it popular.

Icy Ninja
I am going with Perfect Dark I played no shooter as much as I played this one, it was also the only FPS my mom played. Too bad about that god awful Perfect Dark Zero one of the most disappointing games ever.

NonSensi-Klown
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Saying MP is not an FPS is total nonsense; the 'Adventure' trappings are a myth. Just about everything in the game is done by shooting it. Even the scanner works on an effective shooting basis. The majority of stuff in MP is a shooting event, just with long walks between each boss.

DEFINITELY an FPS, those who say otherwise have lost perspective.

Okay.

Well, in that case, it's a pretty shitty FPS, as far as actual FPS's are concerned.

edit- And huzzah for Halo 3 taking second place in the poll. 131

Smasandian
Metriod Prime 3 was a pretty good shooter, but the controls worked well enough. It might not be as fluid as any other shooter, but the jumping was the best I've seen for FPS in a long time.

NonSensi-Klown
MP3 was alright as far as FPS's go. Metroid Prime for the cube... meh. Not so much. Great game, but only if you count it as a FPA.

Dark-Jaxx
edit- And huzzah for Halo 3 taking second place in the poll. 131 Our corruption only seems to spread, doesn't it? 313

Smasandian
There isnt such a thing called a FPA.

If were going to go the music route and label a game that is slightly different that what the genre expects, then whats the point of calling it that.

Dark-Jaxx
Fine, it was a really good Adventure game, not an FPS. Happy? no expression

Smasandian
So why not a first person shooter?

You shoot bad guys, and move in the first person view. The only reason is because you lock onto your targets and not free aim like every other FPS game.

NonSensi-Klown
So it's a FPS that sucks as far as FPS's go.

Is everyone happy?

Smasandian
Because I disagree completely. Its an extremely well made game. Controls are excellent, level design is top notch. Graphics were amazing and overall, a well developed game.

NonSensi-Klown
I agree completely.

Except I think he FPS elements sucked, compared to pure shooters. I don't count it against the game though because it's focus was not on the shooting gameplay.

Nemesis X
The only thing good about Halo 3 is the multiplayer. Reasons the story mode sucks is because it didn't feel as exciting as Halo 1 & 2, and the AI is more like an AR (ArtificialRetardation). The multiplayer is great.

Smasandian
I agree completely.

Except I think he FPS elements sucked, compared to pure shooters. I don't count it against the game though because it's focus was not on the shooting gameplay.

Oh, I thought you did.

My bad. I just dont think the FPS element in Metriod rarely effects quality of the game.

apoc001
The best one ever is HALO! Do you like HALO? Let's go play HALO. I love HALO. Do you know the story of HALO? Well, it takes place on HALO...

Needless to say, I think it gets more hype than it's worth. Of this list, I'd have to say that Goldeneye was the best, in relation to its time, of course. I mean, you get to ride a freaking tank!

Hey, does Deus Ex count as a FPS? Because that was pretty good.

Vampire Savior
Halo 3 and Golden eye all day long...

Jedireaper
Halo 3 is totally overrated... Its far too short. Halo 2 was better. Honestly GoldenEye is the shit!

Estacado
Halo 3's campaign sucks......

ESB -1138
It's true.

razor4life
Goldeneye if only for what it did with the limitations of the N64. Some companies to this day can't get that amount of content and variety into games.

ESB -1138
GoldenEye took the FPS and perfected it to a level people thought was just impossible.

RaventheOnly
Goldeneye and Time Splitters stick out tongue

Nemesis X
Call of Duty 4 kinda sucked for me. "Halo 3 should take lessons from CoD4" my ass. Halo 3 would be worse if they took lessons from those guys. Halo 3 should be taught by Gears of War, now that would be an awesome Halo game. smile

DigiMark007
Goldeneye only for its era. Blasphemous as it is to say this, it doesn't hold up to the test of time at all. Graphics are yuck, even for N64, and the gameplay is only passable as multiplayer anymore, and then only for a little while before the nostalgia glow wears off.

For single player experience, I'd say HL2 (and episodes). Most multiplayer-oriented shooters these days are trash imo, so I can't name a best for that group.

Smasandian
I think Goldeneye is great, but its not a perfect FPS.

Neo Darkhalen
Timesplitters and Half-Life 2.

Kazenji
The first Timesplitters was a bit meh for the story but the multiplayer made up for it.

Biff Tannen
No Wolfenstein? *leaves*

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Kazenji
The first Timesplitters was a bit meh for the story but the multiplayer made up for it.

I meant the series as a whole, the first one was by far the weakest but still enjoyable.

Estacado
I cant belive that no one picked Bad Company.....sad

Kazenji
Originally posted by Biff Tannen
No Wolfenstein? *leaves*

Yea, Come one you get to kill Hitler in a Robot Suit stick out tongue

Jedireaper
Bah, you can do that in Time Splitters socially speaking. Actually I think TS is better than Halo, who carwes about flashy graphics.

Kazenji
Huh ?!?

Hitler was in Timesplitters since when?

Jedireaper
Since he was hidden in them lol it was a joke...

cruel jedi
best shooting games would be:
1. COD 4: Graphically it is amazing, Online is phenomenal and it just rocks being SAS gunsmilie
2. Bioshock: amazing game with spectacular graphics
3. Prey: again graphics are great perhaps not as good as others but still great. The game play is sweet but the ending excited me and annoyed me all at the same time messed
4. Counter Strike: this game is awesome no more needs said gunsmilie
5. Halo: The greatest halo ever made big grin

NonSensi-Klown
So like, I'm playing through CoD 4.

And, like, does the enemy respawn... forever?

If so, which seems like it is because I've stormed a room only to be killed by a guy who I had already killed a minute earlier for the umpteenth time, I don't see how this is "better than H3 and GoW combined!"

Dark-Jaxx
That's cause it's not.

It gets quite boring at times in fact.

NonSensi-Klown
The Campaign is incredibly boring, yeah. I've already quit playing that altogether.

Multiplayer's pretty fun though. Reminds me of Saving Private Ryan...

Dark-Jaxx
Meh.

The Multiplayer is alright.

NonSensi-Klown
Woah!

I... I...

I C4'd an AA gun. no expression

'kay, F*CK single player.

Nemesis X
Why can't campaigns be good these days? Darn it, there are other things gamers enjoy besides the multiplayer.

Anyone that wants to protest against the game companies that made sucky campaigns say "I"

occultdestroyer
The best would be

Counter-Strike Source!

I remember it used to so HUGE back in 2001-2004!
I mean damn HUGE!!
Had a huge cult following too.

Jedireaper
All good. So whats the virdict?

jaden101
So like, I'm playing through CoD 4.

And, like, does the enemy respawn... forever?

If so, which seems like it is because I've stormed a room only to be killed by a guy who I had already killed a minute earlier for the umpteenth time, I don't see how this is "better than H3 and GoW combined!"

the single player game is short...mildly entertaining...but generally not the point in getting the game

NonSensi-Klown
I noticed. The Multiplayer is ace.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Why can't campaigns be good these days? Darn it, there are other things gamers enjoy besides the multiplayer.

I agree wink

Jedireaper
AND THE WINNER, BY POPULAR VOTE: GOLDENEYE 007 - N64

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>