Emma Frost vs. Mr. Sinister

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

fangirl101
No Prep.

Aster Phoenix
Sinister. Teeps in the past haven't had an advantage over him.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Aster Phoenix
Sinister. Teeps in the past haven't had an advantage over him.
She's pretty strong too. How would he put her down? She's pretty durable.

Aster Phoenix
He has some TK, he's pretty strong and what exactly would she be able to do to him?

fangirl101
He has some TK, he's pretty strong and what exactly would she be able to do to him?
Slice his head off with her diamond sharp hand? that would be the best best since he's resistant to telepathy.

Aster Phoenix
Originally posted by fangirl101
Slice his head off with her diamond sharp hand? that would be the best best since he's resistant to telepathy.

LOL, He has TK, she would have a nice time trying that. This is a guy who took a plasma blast through the head and shrugged it off.

fangirl101
LOL, He has TK, she would have a nice time trying that. This is a guy who took a plasma blast through the head and shrugged it off. a plasma blast thru the head is a bit different than having your head cut off and seperated. I dont' see him pwning her either.

Faux Smurph
Sinister.

TP wise, it's close enough either way, but Sinister has a bunch of other powers in addition.

Aster Phoenix
a plasma blast thru the head is a bit different than having your head cut off and seperated. I dont' see him pwning her either.

He has TK, her hand won't move.

Space M ummy
a plasma blast thru the head is a bit different than having your head cut off and seperated. I dont' see him pwning her either.

sinister is a VERY high class shapeshifter. The "cutting his head off" route would most certainly not work.

I'm pretty sure this battle has been done before, but perhaps not in a "no prep" situation.

Mindset

Yes, because Sinister doesn't have regen and can't stop her from doing this...oh wait.

Aster Phoenix
I know Sinister does not get enough respect from the comic book readers.

guy222
sinister

Juk3n
No challenge for Sinister

redhotrash
Sinister has been the victim of some really badly written low showings.... I suppose his links to Apocalype is to blame for that. He keeps getting killed in really ridiculous ways. In AoA hes beaten to death by X-Man and killed again later due to Wolverine's claws. Neither should work as he's been reduced to a puddle and reformed. In 616 hes freaking overpowered by Mystique, which is also a crock. Anyway, Sinister wins this so bad. I dont know why or how they are trying to put Emma on the same level as Professor X all of a sudden, but Im not buying it.

Mindset
He wasn't overpowered by Mystique, she made him touch Rogue and he died.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by redhotrash
I dont know why or how they are trying to put Emma on the same level as Professor X all of a sudden, but Im not buying it. Probably because she's blocked his upgraded powers recently. And Sinister's powers. And Exodus' powers. Transcontinentally without Cerebra. And has recently had other global feats in a post-Magneto-altered Earth...

Mindset
I think he means he doesn't know why the writers are trying to make Emma as strong as Chuck.

id369
Originally posted by Mindset
I think he means he doesn't know why the writers are trying to make Emma as strong as Chuck.

Might have to with the fact that chuck wanst around ATM. confused

occultdestroyer
Is this current Emma Frost?
Emma takes this without a sweat.

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Current Sinister was also be established as a top five telepath...so it's not all clean and dry. BTW, was done... and me and Exodus Cloak have a long drawn out debate with Emma haters.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=490385&highlight=title%3A(Emma+vs+Sinister)

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
Current Sinister was also be established as a top five telepath...so it's not all clean and dry. BTW, was done... and me and Exodus Cloak have a long drawn out debate with Emma haters.

Meh I wouldn't call them Emma haters, I'd just say that people never read New Mutants Volume 1.
Emma was established as Xavier level, heck they even used the words Xavier Level. The problem is she rarely showed it because her appearances as a Villian were only a handful and in Gen X she did at times take a back seat. That's not say she didn't have grand assed feats back then, it's just that she never did as often as she does these days due to Gen X being a satellite book.

In short it's wrong of people say oh she should never be able to that when in actual fact Miss Emma Grace Frost was originally created to be a foil to Mr. Charles Francis Xavier. And when she was created she had all these little narrator boxes saying how great she was but she rarely ever got into the position where she needed to show off grand assed feats because she was never an X-Men before Morrisons run.

And yes it's been done.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Meh I wouldn't call them Emma haters, I'd just say that people never read New Mutants Volume 1.
Emma was established as Xavier level, heck they even used the words Xavier Level. The problem is she rarely showed it because her appearances as a Villian were only a handful and in Gen X she did at times take a back seat. That's not say she didn't have grand assed feats back then, it's just that she never did as often as she does these days due to Gen X being a satellite book.

In short it's wrong of people say oh she should never be able to that when in actual fact she was originally created to be a foil to Charles Francis Xavier. And when she was created she had all these little narrator boxes saying how great she was but she rarely ever got into the position where she needed to show off grand assed feats because she was never an X-Men before Morrisons run.

And yes it's been done. true, she was xavier level, just not as refined as he was.

Charlotte DeBel

In short it's wrong of people say oh she should never be able to that when in actual fact Miss Emma Grace Frost was originally created to be a foil to Mr. Charles Francis Xavier. And when she was created she had all these little narrator boxes saying how great she was but she rarely ever got into the position where she needed to show off grand assed feats because she was never an X-Men before Morrisons run.

And yes it's been done.

Some people just can't stand Emma "getting into position Jean was supposed to get into"... BTW, your bets on X-Men Legacy 216? Mine is honorous stalemate...

Aster Phoenix
Originally posted by occultdestroyer

By doing what to him?

ExodusCloak
Some people just can't stand Emma "getting into position Jean was supposed to get into"... BTW, your bets on X-Men Legacy 216? Mine is honorous stalemate...

Possibly but Emma may be using Cerebra so it could really end up with her violating him awfully, checking that there's no Mr. Sinister and then Cyclops kicks him to the curb which will force him to continue his story and find Wolverine.

Solicits for 217 possible hints:

http://www.marvel.com/catalog/?id=10019p

To be honest though I'm more interested in that tart Mercedes. Is she Lourdes sister?

Charlotte DeBel
Possibly but Emma may be using Cerebra so it could really end up with her violating him awfully, checking that there's no Mr. Sinister and then Cyclops kicks him to the curb which will force him to continue his story and find Wolverine.

Solicits for 217 possible hints:

http://www.marvel.com/catalog/?id=10019p

To be honest though I'm more interested in that tart Mercedes. Is she Lourdes sister?

Seeing what Cerebra-less Emma was able to do...can agree with you. Though we'll see... hopefully what we see won't spoil my tournament progress (I've drafted Emma as a "flagship character" of my team in Ill's tourney).

ExodusCloak
Seeing what Cerebra-less Emma was able to do...can agree with you. Though we'll see... hopefully what we see won't spoil my tournament progress (I've drafted Emma as a "flagship character" of my team in Ill's tourney).

When does the tourney start, the Illuminaughty comes out in January I think? And Fraction said Ems is getting another Mini in 2009.

There should be more feats in UXM #503 as well if that really is Madelyne Pyor.

Charlotte DeBel
When does the tourney start, the Illuminaughty comes out in January I think? And Fraction said Ems is getting another Mini in 2009.

There should be more feats in UXM #503 as well if that really is Madelyne Pyor.

The first match is sheduled on 15 September. That would include epic current Emma vs non-Phoeinx Jean showdown...

ExodusCloak
The first match is sheduled on 15 September. That would include epic current Emma vs non-Phoeinx Jean showdown...

Ah well on the brightside at least you'll be able to get X-Men: Secret Invasion #2 to find out the rest about the Skrull Thought Wall.

BTW I haven't been able to find the OHOTMU Vol 4 at my comic book store.
So I ordered it it'll only come at the end of September but I really don't have the patience to wait.
http://www.marvel.com/catalog/?id=9403

Aster Phoenix
Maybe it's a new Jean clone, Sinister usually has a spare around somewhere.

But I must say a Maddie/Emma cat fight would be fun to watch.

ExodusCloak
Maybe it's a new Jean clone, Sinister usually has a spare around somewhere.

But I must say a Maddie/Emma cat fight would be fun to watch.

The problem is I actually feel sorry for Madelyne. Meh then again it could be Firestar but the women clearly used telekinesis so I'm really not sure.

Aster Phoenix
I feel bad for her too, but I like her better as the bad Jean.

ExodusCloak
I feel bad for her too, but I like her better as the bad Jean.

Too bad Havok's in space, sleeping with your brothers ex-wife is frowned upon in some societies.

Aster Phoenix
I'm suprized a bit, I thought they were trying to redeem Maddie in the X-Man/Cable appearances.

Charlotte DeBel
Ah well on the brightside at least you'll be able to get X-Men: Secret Invasion #2 to find out the rest about the Skrull Thought Wall.

BTW I haven't been able to find the OHOTMU Vol 4 at my comic book store.
So I ordered it it'll only come at the end of September but I really don't have the patience to wait.
http://www.marvel.com/catalog/?id=9403

If I stumble upon it, I'll upload the Emma-related bio scans for sure.

ExodusCloak
I'm suprized a bit, I thought they were trying to redeem Maddie in the X-Man/Cable appearances.

Who knows it may not be her at all. If she really wanted revenge why now?
Although the solicits for UXM #504 really hint that it is Maddie, as after their encounter with Empath and Red Queen there is a strain on Emma and Cyclops relationship and Emma books into a hotel.

If I stumble upon it, I'll upload the Emma-related bio scans for sure.

Cool thanks.

redhotrash
Before Emma was barely a match Jean, who in turn wasnt a match for Charles without her whole Pheonix force. Its poor continuity for the writers to just up and decide that the X-men need a better telepath. If Colossus leaves the team, will Wolverine suddenly be able to lift 100 tons?

psycho gundam
Before Emma was barely a match Jean, who in turn wasnt a match for Charles without her whole Pheonix force. Its poor continuity for the writers to just up and decide that the X-men need a better telepath. If Colossus leaves the team, will Wolverine suddenly be able to lift 100 tons? you better put on your heat suit, EC and CDB are going to flame you.

ExodusCloak
Before Emma was barely a match Jean, who in turn wasnt a match for Charles without her whole Pheonix force. Its poor continuity for the writers to just up and decide that the X-men need a better telepath. If Colossus leaves the team, will Wolverine suddenly be able to lift 100 tons?

Pray tell when did Jean sans Phoenix Force and Emma ever face off for you to make such a bold statement? Because you seem to know of an issue that I don't and I'd certainly love to add that arc/issue/run to my collection.

redhotrash
Well am I wrong? You dont just decide to give a character a upgrade with no explanation. That only flies for Batman. Shes not the only guilty party though. It sometimes seems that everyone attached to a X-men book hasnt touched a comic before 2001. 40+ years of continuity? Pfft who needs it right?

ExodusCloak
Well am I wrong? You dont just decide to give a character a upgrade with no explanation. That only flies for Batman. Shes not the only guilty party though. It sometimes seems that everyone attached to a X-men book hasnt touched a comic before 2001. 40+ years of continuity? Pfft who needs it right?

To be honest I have no idea what you're talking about.

Here I'll even help you, point to the issues in the 40+ years of continuity that have helped you formulate your opinion. It's in chronological order up to near the end of Morrisons run.

http://www.chronologyproject.com/w.htm#WQUEEN

Here's the Key:

http://www.chronologyproject.com/key.htm

Charlotte DeBel

An upgrade? Darling, shut up and think with your brain. So far there were two direct encounters of Emma and Jean- both having Jean to tap into Phoenix force for the win. No human telepath can overpower Phoenix might, you know?
And as for direct encounter without Phoenix- it happened. Result was Jean having headache from Emma's psychick backlash and then "effortlessly posessing" hostless Emma's body after Emma put herself into psychic coma and dispersed her psi-signature.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.