can robots emote?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jordanasmith
if wall-e can fall in love.can they emote???? if we get robots, do you think they will make good companions or friends??

Becci
It's called Artificial Intelligence and I consider the possibility high that robots and humans can befriend in the future. Grant a robot intelligence and a personality and you got yourself a new friend. No friends are better than old friends though, but befriending a machine is very possible.

MightyCelestial
The ones that can emote lasers, electric-bolts, disintegrating rays & the like,
those kinds of robots are pretty bad-ass.

Kovacs86
Originally posted by jordanasmith
if wall-e can fall in love.can they emote???? if we get robots, do you think they will make good companions or friends??

In the foreseeable future- no ****ing way.

Scythe
We have to take into consideration that back as early as 1950 and forth it was believed nad thought that by 2005 we'de have hover cars and shit. So yeah...

ragesRemorse

Robots are not alive. They are not even aware.

I know i didn't acknowledge the point, but i wanted to answer the question seriously because it made me feel smart to do so. big grin

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Scythe
We have to take into consideration that back as early as 1950 and forth it was believed nad thought that by 2005 we'de have hover cars and shit. So yeah...

If they really thought that they were stupid people. Flying cars is the most impractical and dangerous fantasy we have ever had. We need to stop working on flying cars and focus primarily on finishing that time machine.

Dark-Jaxx
If robots emote, they will only kill us all, so we must not let them. ha-son

ragesRemorse
robots suck

unless, they're being controlled by dinosaurs, that would be something to see.

moviebuff1084
Does the words Matrix or I Robot mean anything to you people? lol

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
robots suck

unless, they're being controlled by dinosaurs, that would be something to see. Are you coming onto me? no expression

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Are you coming onto me? no expression

batman

Bardock42
Are you asking whether androids do dream of electric sheep?

Menetnashté
It took Wall-e a few hundred years to get a 3-year olds understanding of the world. The chances that a robot would last that long are slim to none.

Scythe
Originally posted by moviebuff1084
Does the words Matrix or I Robot mean anything to you people? lol Yes, they mean movies to me.

Bardock42
"I, Robot", actually, thankfully, means a collection of short stories to me.

Not that I minded the movie.

chillmeistergen
Can they? No, of course they can't.

Will they ever be able to? Maybe, but who cares.

NonSensi-Klown
I love Chill always just gets straight to the point. Way to kill the thread, man.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.