Seeking a ban?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Grand-Moff-Gav
I was in a discussion and a user said they had once sought a ban- to ensure that they would be stopped from coming onto the forums for a period of time...

I was just wondering though, can a user request a ban and if they did, would it be granted?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Grand-Moff-Gav
I was in a discussion and a user said they had once sought a ban- to ensure that they would be stopped from coming onto the forums for a period of time...

I was just wondering though, can a user request a ban and if they did, would it be granted? There have been cases where it has been granted, I do believe the most recent policy is a blanket "no", though one case comes to mind lately, though the user and the mod were on good terms, so I guess there are ways.

The discussion you witnessed though, the guy wanted to vent before being banned, I believe.

Scythe

I was just wondering though, can a user request a ban and if they did, would it be granted?

Is this me you're speaking about? let me know if it is, so as to take back any of the following I'm about to state.

As we all know these boards serve as a pastime and even an addiction at times. Even the most critical of discussions are not enough to keep a person from coming back. The answer on requesting a ban has always to my knowledge been "no" because there's a chance down the road they'll want to come back and all that jazz. However, the easiest solution was the immature solution I decided to take and to my unfortunate dismay, the ban wasn't permanent, rather three days.

jaden101
schecter requested a perma-ban and got one if i remember correctly

Peach
Which wasn't supposed to have happened.

Bardock42
Yeah, so, what Bardock said mhm

Impediment
Sometime ago, Globals gave self-requested bans. Some people were asking for, example, a week ban so that they could study. Raz told the Globals that this needs to cease. Ergo it did. With the exception of Schecter, that is.

chillmeistergen
Ah right, so Schecter broke the rules by being banned? How strange. I don't blame him for asking for it, really.

It saved Ush the work and obvious pleasure of handing out yet another temp ban.

jaden101
Originally posted by Bardock42
Yeah, so, what Bardock said mhm

nobody listens to Bardock though...dont tell him i said this...but i think he's gay

Bardock42
Originally posted by jaden101
nobody listens to Bardock though...dont tell him i said this...but i think he's gay Your secret is safe with me.

Clovie
talking from own experience. the best way to gain a ban is to had a fight with Raz, but actually the easier way is just to stop coming here if you're tired of forums.

chillmeistergen
Well, not coming here wouldn't get you a a ban, would it?

Grand-Moff-Gav
I think what she's saying is there is an equally adquete alternative to a Ban...its a little self-control.

Bardock42
I think what she's saying is there is an equally adquete alternative to a Ban...its a little self-control. Doesn't make as good a point.

Scythe
Self-control? Has this been tried by the people praising they can do it? Maybe the odd aree they couldn't. However some can.

Clovie
it is not about self control. it is about having life (or some other stuff to do on the net)

Scythe
Some, if not many, severly lack something to do on the net.

Just to make sure, is this thread about me?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Scythe

Just to make sure, is this thread about me? Yeah.

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by Clovie
it is not about self control. it is about having life (or some other stuff to do on the net)

Why does it bother you what other people want to do with their time? Or whether they want to be banned, or not? How's it any of your business?

Grand-Moff-Gav
Originally posted by Scythe

Just to make sure, is this thread about me?

Not really no, its about whether or not users can ask to be banned.

Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Why does it bother you what other people want to do with their time? Or whether they want to be banned, or not? How's it any of your business?

Is there irony to be found in the fact that she has the third highest post count?

chillmeistergen
Is there irony to be found in the fact that she has the third highest post count?

I'd say so, yes.

Phucked Up

She's had the third highest post count for a couple years now, these past couple years she hasn't posted hardly at all.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Phucked Up
She's had the third highest post count for a couple years now, these past couple years she hasn't posted hardly at all. Though true, it is a fact best hidden as the irony is hilarious.

Grand-Moff-Gav
She's had the third highest post count for a couple years now, these past couple years she hasn't posted hardly at all.

So she didn't have a life...then found one?

Phucked Up
So she didn't have a life...then found one?

Yeah, now she's telling others to get a life. Gotta love internet preachers.

Clovie
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Why does it bother you what other people want to do with their time? Or whether they want to be banned, or not? How's it any of your business? it's not

Is there irony to be found in the fact that she has the third highest post count? I don't care.

She's had the third highest post count for a couple years now, these past couple years she hasn't posted hardly at all. I feel observed blink

So she didn't have a life...then found one? yep. found one. and then lost again. so i guess there will be more of me online in the nearest future.

oh. and i'm not telling anyone what to do. I'm just says that getting yourself banned is not a good sollution.

Grand-Moff-Gav
oh. and i'm not telling anyone what to do. I'm just says that getting yourself banned is not a good sollution.

I agree

chillmeistergen

Well, it may not be a good solution for you, but there are things called personal differences. It really is amazing how many people on this site think that their personality, likes and dislikes etc. are universal.

Clovie
blink when have I said that my opinion is universal. it's MINE. OWN. and I think the board is to share with this PERSONAL opinion. so **** off.

chillmeistergen
blink when have I said that my opinion is universal. it's MINE. OWN. and I think the board is to share with this PERSONAL opinion. so **** off.

Well, perhaps you should work on phrasing it as that, then, instead of seemingly claiming that this solution is objectively not a good one. Want to see what I'm talking about?: Originally posted by Clovie

Yeah, you most definitely need to work on your phrasing. Not only does it seem like you're making the aforementioned claim, it's also written in pigeon-English.

Also, reported for bashing.

Grand-Moff-Gav
Could a Mod close this please.

Clovie
that was bashing? blink good to know. seems a lot of stuff has changed.

oh. and I don't speak/write english. so don't use so long words to me, please.

and sure. closing smile

Strangelove
Could a Mod close this please. It'll get done faster if you PM a mod.

Grand-Moff-Gav
Originally posted by Strangelove
It'll get done faster if you PM a mod.

I did, but should another one be reading it before the mod gets online...

Scythe
getting yourself banned is not a good sollution.

How so? If someone's hooked on KMC and a member's jackassery prevents them from having fun, yet still return, a ban would fix all that.

To some people, like myself, forums are something that are easy to get hooked on, but should a ban come about, I won't stress it. Why? No use in returning later down the road, so yeah, I think a ban is a good solution to some problems.

Originally posted by Bardock42
Yeah.

Just checkin'

Spidervlad
Could a Mod close this please.

Also ironically, you always start threads that end up being controversial and need to request to close them stick out tongue

Grand-Moff-Gav
Originally posted by Spidervlad
Also ironically, you always start threads that end up being controversial and need to request to close them stick out tongue

Well, if you examine the other thread I started you will notice that it attracted the same users...

Both times I've requested a close is because of the possibility of things escalating to bashing.

I just don't know how I do it stick out tongue

NonSensi-Klown
I think requesting bans is a good idea. If a member had the self-control to not come back then they wouldn't be requesting the ban in the first place.

No point in requesting a ban though. Just go to the Clone Wars thread and point out the mod hypocrisy. That'll get you banned nice and quick. I wouldn't be surprised if I got banned right now for saying this, actually.haermm

chillmeistergen
Well, if you examine the other thread I started you will notice that it attracted the same users...

Both times I've requested a close is because of the possibility of things escalating to bashing.

I just don't know how I do it stick out tongue

Perhaps it has something to do with the subject matter.

Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
I think requesting bans is a good idea. If a member had the self-control to not come back then they wouldn't be requesting the ban in the first place.

No point in requesting a ban though. Just go to the Clone Wars thread and point out the mod hypocrisy. That'll get you banned nice and quick. I wouldn't be surprised if I got banned right now for saying this, actually.haermm

Pretty much.

Ushgarak
You certainly get an official warning for it, NonSensi-Klown. And as this thread has now become another mod attacking vehicle, I am closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.