USH'S STAR WARS GAME- CAMPAIGN II EPISODE IV (DARK SIDE)- Destiny

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak

Ushgarak

Ushgarak

Ushgarak

Bardock42
I'd like to use Dreams in a PM.

"Ah yes, business. Apparently we are working for her as of late, did you know about that, guys?" Con says amused.

Peach
Dreams, in a PM, please.

"That's news to us." Rianna says, suspicious and annoyed, before replying to the Lady. "What are you doing here?"

Captain REX

Ushgarak
White hair, this lady, Galder. She's not that old, it is just white.

"Well, let me make something clear," she says.

She reaches out her hand... and squeezes it shut.

Galder, your left hand lightsabre implodes in a shower of sparks and crunches down to the size of a coin. The Lady then widens her hand and the debris of your sabre, all the delicate crystal bits inside start to fly around the room in a brilliant shining cascase, around the Lady and her followers.

Captain REX
"No!" Galder cries as his Sith lightsaber, an archaic weapon from Zeiton, is obliterated to mere dust. His left hand, a mechanical replacement, clutches uselessly at the air for it. "You filthy whore! Why did you do that?!"

He does, however, deactivate his remaining lightsaber, and thinks about how he will have to dig one of his other lightsabers- either his old mentor's or his father's- out of storage and repair them.

Bardock42
Con looks at Galders imploding sabre with a tad of surprise, then looks at her and says "Ah, yes, you do make a good point there. What exactly is it you have to say to us?"

Ushgarak
"I'm just making a point," she says. "Like this one."

Her hand turns... and you feel the deadly power of the Grip around your trachea, Galder.

"Never address me like that again. Do you understand? You are as an insect to me. I will crush the life out of you at a whim if I decide to."

Bardock42
"Please, mylady, we are all more or less civilized people here, and even someone of your power must see that 10 of us can do some damage. I'd say you state your part and we rather work as allies than enemies", Con says, trying to be as courteously as possible. He knows he is no match for Galder and when even this fierce warrior can be dealt with easily he'd rather not offend.

Captain REX
Galder strains against the invisible claw wrapped around his throat, his neck visibly pulsing as his anger boils within him. He does not press his hands against his throat, knowing the futility of it, but eventually falls to his knees.

He struggles to give a ragged, tired nod of compliance.

Peach
"What makes you think we want to work with anyone?" Rianna snaps. "We still have yet to hear any explanation as to why they are here and why they broke into our base."

Ushgarak
"10 of you are as nothing. You cannot kill me with your toys." But she lets Galder go when she submits; he tattoed woman gives a smirk at this.

Hatred... growing...

"Buit you are right. It is a shame to get off to a bad start. I am hoping for a more mutually beneficial relationship. I am the Lady Adelmo, and I have some propositions for you."

Bardock42
"Very good, what proposition would that be"

Ushgarak
"It is a dangerous Galaxy and I there is often much I have to do. I have need of warriors such as you. Knights, even. Those as skilled as you are hard to come by. So I am hoping to make use of you, from time to time."

Bardock42
I can see your side of the deal and I agree we are quite valuable warriors, but what exactly is in it for us?

Newjak
(Does Xavier still have the dreams force power after the transfer? If so then he will use it via PM.)

She is powerful, such a warrior should not be dealt with lightly

Very much so best to wait and gain your knowledge on this Adelmo

Xavier mind thinks to itself.

"We are good warriors."

Ushgarak
"Well, it depends on the service you do for me. But... money, perhaps? A million credits for a job? Or how about this. I understand you are threatened by pirates. That is a porblem I can easily take care of for you."

Bardock42
Originally posted by Ushgarak
"Well, it depends on the servixe you do for me. But... money, perhaps? A million credits for a job? Or how about this. I understand you are threatened by pirates. That is a porblem I can easily take care of for you."

"We will have to think about it. What kind of missions are we talking about, though. And do you have one in mind as we speak?"

Ushgarak
"Indeed I do. There is a man I wish you to find for me."

Newjak
Xavier will also eye up the pierced lady some more, and the other people with the Lady to she what they look like.

Bardock42
"What man would that be?"

Ushgarak
The tattoo lady is pale skinned, slender and tall; you cannot place the cultural origin. She's noticably different from the others, a variety of women of varied age, young to old, all in dark black shawls; They look like standard humans as far as you can see them, as does Adelmo aside from the fair.

"He is a thief by the name of Briande. I wish him brought to me- or if that is not possible, everything he carries instead."

Bardock42
"We'd need more information than that. We can probably work out some sort of agreement though..."

Newjak
Xavier taking his eyes from the pierced lady, and back unto Adelmo, "Where is this thief, and what did he thief from you?"

Ushgarak
"What I want from Briande is... personal. But as to where he is, there I can be of help. My information is that he recently took a transport to the outlying world of Gondekorro."

Newjak
Xavier speaking in his normal monotone voice, "So then we get this person for you, and our pirate troubles go away. I must ask though if you are so powerful then why do you need us?"

Ushgarak
"Gondekorro is distant and I have many demands upon my time- as opposed to the pirates who are nearby and I am well positioned to deal with. I could eventually get around to sending someone to Gondekorro but my worry is that Briande will have moved on by the time she got there and I would have to find him all over again.

"Nor is it a situation that can be handled casually. Briande is a resourceful man who will expect people to come after him; he will have taken steps to protect himself. My skilled resources have other committments at this point."

Bardock42
It sounds like an acceptable agreement. We'll have to discuss it obviously, but what else can you tell us about the mission?

Can I use Savoir Fare to find out about Gondekorro?

Newjak
"That seems logical."

Logical yes but worrisome still. She seems to know who we are but who are they hmmm.

"Yes very worrisome indeed," Xavier says calmly almost to himself.
"You seem to be claiming to have a lot of resources at your disposal. You must have some because I thought no one else but us knew about this base. How did you find us, and besides the name who are you exactly?"

Peach
"That is what you want us to do for you? Fetch and carry? Seems a waste of our talents..." Rianna says. "And yes, I am very curious as to how you found us."

Ushgarak
"I knew you existed," says Adelmo," because I know the Bureau Agent Helkin was killed trying to get his targets, and hence, logically, those targets escaped. As to where you have been hiding- well, you have the pirates to thank for that. They found you by sheer fortune- they stumbled across this place by mistake. I have many sources of information and via them I heard of this place and it was not hard to deduce what was here. And other than being your potential employer, who I am is unimportant."

Important to note that I would normally say no to this, Con, but only your specific speicality here overrides that!

Gondekorro... frontier world in a part of the Republic where civilisation barely exists, part of a colonisation expansion from thousands of years ago that, effectively, petered out, leaving the outlying worlds to wither.

But you are sure Gondekorro had a llittle more to it than that in recent history- yes, there some sort of gold rush there in recent times. All kinds went there trying to make their fortune. You assume it didn't work out as no-one has heard of the place these days.

It's only nominally Republican. It won't have anything like a Senator, there's probably not much habitation on it at all. Which means frontier law, frontier ways, primitive facilities. A harsh place.

But inside the Bureau's network.

Newjak
Would that mean they could get a possible fix on our transponders?

Xavier eyes the Lady up and down, "What happens if we refuse this offer?"

Ushgarak
Yes, and they have your transponder codes due to the slightly haphazard Newhaven raid.

"Nothing in particular," says Adelmo, "though thise pirates will park their fleet around this world and never leave until you are all dead."

Peach
"The Bureau has our transponder codes. Do you have some magical way to fix that as well?"

Ushgarak
"No," she says, "but the Bureau only has its ships on significant worlds, and Gondekorro is far from any. If you are fast enough there, you can be back out of Republican space before they arrive."

Newjak
Would the Lady have the resources to get us new ones?

"So then it is either work for you, or likely have to abandon this place. One would call that very clever negotiations."

We would call that exploitation, wouldn't we

"How long do we have to consider this offer?"

Ushgarak
Well, she's not made such an offer about new ones.

"I have to leave in a few hours, so by then."

Bardock42
"So you want us to go to Gondekorro, find that man, and bring him back here, and in turn you will take care of our little pirate problem? Well, it does sound fair, but is there anything else we need to know before we go do your dirty work?"

I assume we'll do it, won't we?

Ushgarak
Well, I guess I had best let others chip in on it.

She cannot think of anything else relevant, no. She's warned you that Briande is resourceful. But you are well suited for that. The trouble with the pirates is that whilst you can match any of them, or any hroup of them, there is a huge number of the, and they are rich and have big ships and so on, which is where you are outclassed. But Briande is like you; he's a skilled guy, very competent but with no army backing him up. That's the kind of challenge you are happy to take on and beat.

She would prefer him alive. She accepts that is not always possible but do take very great care if you have to be violent, lest you destroy stuff he has acquired.

(Btw, Con- what the hell did the others let happen to this place? Honestly, you go away to sort out a problem for a little bit, you come back and apparently there is a whole pirate fleet gunning for you!)

Bardock42
But could we actually refuse or would she just herself then decide to kill us all? I mean, how freely could we decide.

Regardless, my vote working for her

Oh, right, I don't actually know about the pirates, yet.

"On a different note," Con says "how exactly did it come about that a clan of pirates wants to kill us?"

Ushgarak
That is also a worry, to be fair, though I think it's more of a case of "What else is there for us to do?" rather than the threat of instant death that will decide it whether you want to work for her or not.

General Kaliero
Dak growls, still feeling rough from the fight with the Osokans. "I really wanted to just sleep, too..."

He considers the offer anyway. "I do not trust you. You invaded our home, and worse, you cleaned. How the hell are we supposed to find anything? And Galder's 'saber... you've done nothing but cause trouble for us, so far."

He doesn't consider Con worth the time to answer.

Ushgarak
"Well then, best not to give me cause to make more trouble for you."

General Kaliero
Dak hisses, eyes narrowed, but before he responds he thinks better of it, merely content to glare at her.

Peach
"But he's right - I do not trust you and you've given no reason at all for us to do so." Rianna says. "I will consider it if - and only if - you give us all of the information you have on Gondekerro and this Briande person. And that is only considering it, mind."

Rianna also ignores Con's question about the pirate fleet.

Ushgarak
"No," she says. "You will do the jobs I offer you as I offer them or not at all."

Newjak
"Down boy," Xavier says to Dak.

"You'll have to mind him we're not even sure if he is house broken yet."

Do you even doubt it with the way he stinks

"No I don't."

"Will you be giving us any additional resources, tech, extra hands to help out."

He says glancing towards the pierced woman.

He is also ignoring Con for the time being.

Bardock42
Con steps a bit back, in case Rianna's destruction includes some collateral damage.

Peach
Originally posted by Bardock42
Con steps a bit back, in case Rianna's destruction includes some collateral damage.

stick out tongue

"You expect us to accept this job with no real idea of what we are getting into?"

Ushgarak
"You know what you are getting into. A skilled and resourceful thief hiding out on a faraway world. I cannot tell you exactly what security precautions he has taken, I am assuming you have skill enough to find and overcome them. And no. I am not offering additional aid. The whole point is that you are doing the job for me."

General Kaliero
Dak turns and strikes Xavier across the face with the back of his hand. "Shut up, you ki'arath. I'm not in the mood for your idiocy now."

He nods at Rianna. "I don't like blindly running into a job for someone I have no reason to trust."

Ushgarak
"You have all the information you need. There is no point in me setting you up to fail. You are useless to me dead."

Newjak
"Very well," Xavier nods. "I have no further questions to ask, and I'll wait for everyone else to get done with theirs."

Peach
"Fine. Whatever. But I will want to find out more about this world before we go, assuming that's what we decide to do."

Ushgarak
"Good luck with that," says Adelmo. "I could find almost nothing."

Newjak
Xavier takes the strike to face without flinching.

The Beast strikes us. It's tail and teeth would make a great addition to our collection.

Xavier begins to rub the various teeth that have found their way unto his nechlace from various creatures.

"Perhaps when your strikes don't feel like a gentle breeze across my face Arnian, I'll care for your opinion on matters. Until then such outbursts do not help our needs."

Bardock42
Originally posted by Peach
"Fine. Whatever. But I will want to find out more about this world before we go, assuming that's what we decide to do."

"There's nothing much about the world as far as I know. Pretty forgotten, pretty backwards."

General Kaliero
"So that is why you tell us no more. You don't know." Dak closes his eyes thoughtfully. "Regardless... slaughtering those pirates on our own would take an unfortunate amount of time, especially with dead weight like Rand and Gallador around. If this simple job is all that's needed to assure your aid..."

Originally posted by Newjak
Xavier takes the strike to face without flinching.

"Perhaps when your strikes don't feel like a gentle breeze across my face Arnian, I'll care for your opinion on matters. Until then such outbursts do not help our needs."
"And I don't care for your opinion at all, so I suppose we are even. You still smell of Dug."

Bardock42
Also, a general not for the game. Con at all times stands at least 4 feet away from any of the psycho brigade (when possible).

Ushgarak
Originally posted by General Kaliero
"So that is why you tell us no more. You don't know." Dak closes his eyes thoughtfully. "Regardless... slaughtering those pirates on our own would take an unfortunate amount of time, especially with dead weight like Rand and Gallador around. If this simple job is all that's needed to assure your aid..."

"Eaiser to find me one man than take on all those pirates, I imagine."

Newjak
"From position yes that would be a logical conclusion to make," Xavier says.

Peach
"How typical, a planet with no information available..." Rianna says. She thinks that right now they don't have much choice to go along, but refuses to actually admit it.

Newjak
"Why do I care about the opinions of a fool, Arnian, and I may smell of Dug but that was from slaying dozens of them. Say how well did you fair against the Pig king again?"

Captain REX
Galder is quite smitten with Adelmo's display of power, even if the destruction of his Sith artifact of a lightsaber has greatly angered him and his forced submission even more so.

"You do have one thing going for you," Galder says. "One of our... companions... saw you in a vision many years ago. So this isn't a chance encounter. Also, as much as I would like to tear those pirates apart for daring to try taking us on... I would prefer living to fight another day.

"I say we hunt this thief down and bring him in."

Captain REX
Oh, and Galder will use Dreams, though it seems he has already had one...?

Ushgarak
Yup, you've already had yours!

"So, we have an agreement then?" asks Adelmo.

Captain REX
Ah, cancel that then. I missed the note.

"Unless anyone cares to disagree with me," Galder says, pointedly glaring at Rand and Gallador. "Then yes."

Galder extends his right hand to shake hers, if she is willing to take it to make it official.

Newjak
"It is fine with me," Xavier says looking to the group trying not to speak for them.

General Kaliero
Dak will, of course, side with Galder.

Peach
Rianna agrees as well, making it unanimous from the Psycho Brigade and thus a stupid idea for anyone to disagree.

General Zink
The cold energy pulses from within Rand, his artificial heart racing as adrenaline had flooded his body the moment he stepped into the room with the white-haired Lady Adelmo.

In a dream of death I have seen her... Rand considers.

When Galder glares at him, Rand glares back, his bulbous black eyes narrowing slightly as Galder very obviously presumes he can make a leadership decision. But Rand sees that, for once, he does agree with Galder.

"I too have seen you in a vision, Lady Adelmo," Rand says. "The swordsman... is correct. For once. This is an act of fate, the Force willing us together as it has done before, since the formation of the Jedi Order. And it is in our best interests to accept your offer to handle our pirate problems..."

Rand looks to Con. "I shall explain later... about the pirates."

Ushgarak
"Excellent!" says Adelmo. "Well, as, I say, I have much to do, so I shall take my leave of you. I shall return to collect my request in... two weeks?" She looks over to yhe youngest member of her group as she says this.

This girl- a teenager- draws out from her robes a number of small white objects, like ivory or bone malformed cubes. She drops them onto the ground, where the skitter around with a distinctive noise. She looks down at them, and then looks back up at Adelmo and shakes her head.

"Three weeks, then."

General Kaliero
...How long did we have before the pirates were going to attack?

Ushgarak
You don't know. But you assume Adelmo will take care of them anyway.

Peach
We hope.

"Strange way of determining things..." Rianna quietly comments.

Bardock42
Do we know something about that bone ritual we just witnessed?

Ushgarak
How's your Jedi Lore?

Bardock42
How's your Jedi Lore?

Ushgarak
Good... but not quite, I am afraid.

General Zink
Rand's knowledge of Jedi Lore is greater than that of Con's, especially if this strange ritual she just performed is relevent to the Sith in any way, due to his possession of the Sith tablet.

What is Rand sensing from Adelmo and her posse?

Peach
Hey, it's a rare occasion that Gallador is useful!

General Zink
This is true. Gallador is our foremost expert on Jedi Lore.

Ushgarak
It's nothing to do with the Sith, Rand, but you have heard of this before- really as a point of historical interest.

The Force always exosted, of course, although discussions of how it was before the eays of space flight are many and varied.

But some primitive cultures used the Force in combination with primitive and superstitious ways- and this is one way- Rune casting.

Basically the rune casting is a superstitoious rite used to determine the future; the arrangement, direction and even timing of the way the objects used fall to the floor give indications as to the answers thr caster desires; at first you have to cross referenc eeverything in a book or some other reference source, but the more practised you get the more you remember it all.

Now, that's all superstitious gumf, but combine it with the Force and it is different,. The Force gives genuine inishgt into the future, and what happens then is that when you cast the runes you sub-consciously cast them in a way that means they accurately reflect the truth the Force is giving you.

Gallador- you've actually heard of some places that still use such techniques. Interesting...

Lord Melkor
Gallador has Jedi Lore specialty and he would one of the first to speak if his player was offline. And Foresight for him, please!

"Ha, Lady Adelmo, we meet at last! Your appearance is not surprise to me, for the Force itself spoke to me on things to come! Long enough we have suffered idly on this pathetic world, wasting our destiny!" He wonders for a moment, his eyes burning with dark focus.

"Mighty are the Jedi, but lost in their cowardice stil! They limit themselves only to certain aspects of the Force, abandoming the great power that emotions bring! But they are right that mastering the Force entire without being consumed is trully a mighty task. Once I thought Rand is the true Master of the Force and is enough to lead us to greatness. But I was wrong, and now we are broken group, lacking focus and guidance." -He comes closer to the Lady.

"But you, Lady Adelmo, seem to be much more, I can sense your terryfying power and others follow your will. Perhaps you are the true Master that understands the power of the Force, and its deepest secrets. Tell me, are you one of those that are known as the Sith?"

Peach
Rianna simply rolls her eyes at Gallador's little speech.

Bardock42
Con has trouble hiding a slight snicker when he hears Gallador's speech and sees Rianna's reaction.

Lord Melkor
Oh, I missed a post!

What details Gallador knows about these places where such techniques are used?

General Zink
Rand frowns as Gallador's slights him before this Lady Adelmo.

"None have ever truly mastered the Force," Rand states, simply.

Rand will use Manifest Destiny, by the way.

General Kaliero
Dak grins. "Simpering to a new master already, Gallador?"

Lord Melkor
"I was just trying to learn more of this Lady Adelmo." Explains Gallador to others later. "We cannot ignore her power, we can either serve her or learn her secrets! And all you care is mercenary work! We must have answers!"

General Kaliero
"We have no reason to serve this woman," Dak says simply. "Right now we're considering a trade. This man for aid against the pirates."

Peach
"And that is all it is going to be for now. We can consider the possibility of anything more later." Rianna says, narrowing her eyes.

Lord Melkor
"You think dealing with pirates is all that should concern yourself about? Don`t you think it is suspicious how little Lady Adelmo told us of this Biande? There is much more to it than she says, and force has linked our destinies with her designs."

Bardock42
"There is probably much more about him. But it is unlikely that we will find out from her."

General Kaliero
"We'll just have to investigate when we get to this... Gondekorro, was it? A few threats, some sneaking around... we'll be fine."

Captain REX
Galder remains mostly quiet. It has been some time since he has experienced a vision, and even then, they were all incoherent dreams before unless he was experiencing the Fear Room. This was different.

Peach
"What makes you think that I'm not still suspicious of this? Think sometimes before speaking, Gallador." Rianna replies.

Lord Melkor
"Nevermind me then." -Says Gallador and returns to study the tablet and medidate in his efforts to navigate the future.

And I would like my vision in the PM.

General Kaliero
"That's what we always do, Gallador..." Dak says, flashing a grin at Rianna and Galder.

Captain REX
Galder does not smile back.

"I wonder who she is," Galder says. "Do you think she was a Jedi at some point? Probably not very likely..."

Bardock42
"I doubt it, when I met her first she threatened me with blasters not a sabre. She is certainly very powerful, though."

Lord Melkor
"It seems she may be leading a Force Tradition of her own. At first I considered her a Sith, but if she is, it is certainly unusual she does not have a lightsaber, and nor do her minions. Such use of runes as they did happens sometimes when primitive cultures try to use the Force. But she surely is nothing but primitve. Still, a poweful Force Tradition other than Sith and Jedi, this is a very remerkable thing! Their perspective and powers must be unique to our limited knowledge!" Muses Gallador after noticing Con has joined the discussion, and finding nothing again in the tablet.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Lord Melkor
"It seems she may be leading a Force Tradition of her own. At first I considered her a Sith, but if she is, it is certainly unusual she does not have a lightsaber, and nor do her minions. Such use of runes as they did happens sometimes when primitive cultures try to use the Force. But she surely is nothing but primitve. Still, a poweful Force Tradition other than Sith and Jedi, this is a very remerkable thing! Their perspective and powers must be unique to our limited knowledge!" Muses Gallador after noticing Con has joined the discussion, and finding nothing again in the tablet. "It is a possibility. I have never seen anything like that ritual before. I am certainly curious to find out more about her. She could be a very valuable ally...and as we have witnessed a fierce enemy."

Peach
"I really can't say that I care, and I don't trust her or any of her lackeys."

Lord Melkor
Ush, do we have a chance to talk to Adelmo's followers?

Ushgarak

Lord Melkor
Well, Gallador is interested in basic Sith principles! He wants to understand them as he thinks he understands the Jedi and their fallings. And he wants better control over his emotions. Does he know SIth Code from EU?

But getting to the point, we have Gondorkarro coordinates? How long would the journey take and how far to take us into the Republic?

Ushgarak
Oh, the tablet is extremely interesting, Gallador! Just useless for anything in the last few thousand years. It predates Demnos and Revan. You have probably heard that code, though I reserve judgment on whether it is just a theory about the Sith rather than a fact.

You have the co-ordinates, yes, but it's pretty far out. Journey time is about a week, skirting the borders of the Republic.

Bardock42
Is there any way we can find out more about Briande or Gondekorro from here?

Otherwise we should probably make our way there sometime soon. Seeing as we only have 3 weeks altogether.

Peach
Yeah, probably not a good idea to waste time. We'll have about a week on the planet to find this Briande and...subdue him. Not a lot of time, considering we have an entire planet to search...

Lord Melkor
Well, some of us have allies, for example Rand could check for info with Macrossa Order.

And we could take few Epireans as muscle this time!

Newjak
Xavier finishes putting in the shield generator. It's good strong muscle work the kind that can clear a mind.

Is this a trap

"No, if it was then it is poorly designed if our deaths are the main goal of it."

At the very least something is being hidden from us

"Of course it is. Never reveal everything you know, nor give away anything of yourself. So obviously something shall happen that is yet unforseen. We will just have to plan accordingly."

Of course cold calculating and doesn't care what happens to us. We truly are a dangerous being. Yet those people that came were not scared of us.

"Of course they wouldn't have come down here if they feared us. They had all the leverage and they knew it."

I can not help but think though things would have gone smoother had certain people taken the initiative to get this info before hand.

"True."

When Xavier finishes with the last of the shield stuff he will head out to find Con. when he does he will corner him quickly.

With eyes as cold as ice Xavier speaks, "I just want to let you know that our conversations with the Lady could have gone better had you procured the information before we had arrived. Instead of wasting our time. Understand that you are here and if you are not helping you are hurting this outfit. Thus measures will be taken to make sure that doesn't happen anymore."

When Xavier finishes the last word he leaves Con alone and goes looking for someone, maybe Dak.

General Kaliero
Hmm, could we use our new slaves for this task as extra enforcement?

Ushgarak
Yes you can!

Newjak
How many can we take?

Ushgarak
Well, first queation to ask his- how many people can you actually fit on your ships?

Newjak
Well Xavier's ship is the biggest one you can get from the list. It was also a former slave ship designed to carry tons of people.

So how many would that hold stick out tongue

Bardock42
Con stares confused at Xavier as he leaves, a rather odd occurrence he feels. After a few seconds he laughs at the absurdity of the conversations and proceeds doing what he did before the interruption.

Ushgarak
Well the largest it can be is a millennium falcon equivalent size, though that can carry a fair few.

I'll say each of you can have half a dozen.

General Kaliero
Dak is in the "practice" room, moving through saber forms and occasionally slicing the ruined furniture laying about in there.

"It doesn't make sense... this woman is hiding much from us, and it's not to our benefit."

Ushgarak
Yet what she says makes sense- there is no point her hiding stuff from you to the point where you stuff up the mission, else she's just wasting everyone's time.

Newjak
Xavier will also go into the sword room to practice. Maybe even spar Dak a little bit if he wants.

"No it isn't but what choice do we have right now."

Lord Melkor
As group prepares to leave, Gallador emerges from his mediations.

"I have experienced a vision through the Force. We should question this Briande, the purpose of him and the Lady is of great importance to us."

General Kaliero
"None," Dak replies to Xavier, "That's what I don't like. It all fits together rather well for her, doesn't it?"

Peach
Like we care, we're distrustful and disliking of others by default!

"No, I don't like it at all." Rianna states, destroying a chair rather moodily. "Nor did I want to go along with it, but it's not as though there's much other choice at the moment."

Newjak
"It does doesn't it. She gets a top grade team to do her dirty work. What has me worried the most is she seemed to imply this was just the first mission she wanted us on."

Xavier says cutting through a couch.

Ushgarak
Well, whilst the Psycho Brigade hones their skills on furniture and worries about the work they are doing, Gallador is talking about some of the possible issues around this area. Who is in on that meeting, Gallador? It's easy enough to hold in secret whilst the others are bitching about stuff, if you want to.

Bardock42
Con enters the room, just overhearing what Xavier said. "Yes, you are right she said that. But she also said that she would pay us. We should judge on a case by case basis, I think".

Peach
Originally posted by Lord Melkor
As group prepares to leave, Gallador emerges from his mediations.

"I have experienced a vision through the Force. We should question this Briande, the purpose of him and the Lady is of great importance to us."

"Are you going to explain anything more, or simply annoy us by stating that?"

General Kaliero
Dak eyes Con with distaste. "Who cares about pay? What we need is protection and control. That's the only reason we're even considering dealing with her."

Newjak
"When such things are presented we also have to think about the bigger picture"

The bigger picture. Your destroying couches while there is work to be done and you talk about bigger pictures

"Be quiet you," Xavier says out loud not realizing he did. "Anyways it won't be case by case. we aren't some group of bounty hunters that can pick and choose. She has something over our head and I very much doubt it is only the pirates. we must be careful or we would be completely under her thumb."

Lord Melkor
Gallador invites Con and Rand, perhaps Takuan and Azarl, but they don't post so I don't know about their attitude.

He will point out that their meeting with the Lady has been prophetized in many of their visions, and it is a point of destiny where ancient mysteries and great power are at stake. He will share his vision and ask others about theit insight.

Bardock42
Dak eyes Con with distaste. "Who cares about pay? What we need is protection and control. That's the only reason we're even considering dealing with her."

"Money is better than protection and control. You can trade money for goods and services. Which can help us establish control over more than just this one planet".

Captain REX
Galder decides to spend his morning working on a replacement for the lightsaber that Lady Adelmo destroyed. Nothing can replace the craftsmanship and age of the Sith lightsaber that he stole from the cold, dead hands of his Lieutenant at Zeiton, but he chooses to replace it with at least something somewhat sentimental.

Galder opens a small safe in his quarters, where he keeps his few valuables. He sets to work repairing the lightsaber that his father gave him, oh so many years ago.

He ignites the weapon, the green blade scintillating for the first time since Lance Windu cut the weapon in two at Damagran.

"Welcome back, old friend," Galder comments, giving it a few experimental swings to determine if the power levels are holding. Once he is satisfied, he deactivates the lightsaber and slides it into the compartment in his left arm. He hooks his blue lightsaber onto his belt.

-

A reminder on Starships.

Xavier has The New Beginning, an old, large pirate freighter.

Tanic has Shadow Blade, a small and somewhat sleek freighter.

Dak has The Black Dawn, a small freighter of Arnian design.

Galder has The Conquering Paladin of Hoth, often shortened to Paladin... it is a small one-man snub fighter. It only has room for more guns.

So between those four we should have a good amount of transportation.

As far as Epireans go, I don't think we should take tons. Ush has warned before about people not caring about a few hulking Epireans, but a small army of them? People will start wondering where they came from and what they are...

Ushgarak
Takuan is a blast from the past! Tanic, I think, though Trick seems very busy these days. Being in Chicago and all, apparently.

Ok, well, with you and Rand there you can decode nearly everything that happened in that vision, so I will lay that out now, ok?

Bardock42
In case the modifications of my character are okayed, I'd also have a ship. Which reminds me, are the modifications okay?

Ushgarak
Yup!

And yes, the worry that people might start to wonder where the Epireans are from is the big risk in taking too many.

General Kaliero
Originally posted by Bardock42
"Money is better than protection and control. You can trade money for goods and services. Which can help us establish control over more than just this one planet".
"What planet are you on? Ours doesn't exist, and neither do we. Money just leaves a trail back to us, and that's exactly what we want to avoid."

Dak slices a small table neatly in half. "You'd best learn that quickly."

Peach
"What planet are you on? Ours doesn't exist, and neither do we. Money just leaves a trail back to us, and that's exactly what we want to avoid."

Dak slices a small table neatly in half. "You'd best learn that quickly."

"Unfortunately, the Bureau does know that we're still alive, how could you have forgotten that so quickly?"

Bardock42
Con lets Dak have the last word in order not to anger his ally too much and just thinks to himself "Well, at least I do not plan to be stuck on here forever"

Newjak
"The Lizard makes a point though. Pon is it.... I thought we already had this talk about you either hurting or helping. As he said you best learn quick."

Ushgarak
Ok, in an unusual show of magnaminity, Gallador is going to make his vision public. Is this to everyone or just those at the meeting, Gallador?

General Kaliero
"As long as we're here, they can't find us. Unless someone else - y'know, like the Lady - who can operate in the Republic happens to tip them off after we've outlived our usefulness."

Peach
Ok, in an unusual show of magnaminity, Gallador is going to make his vision public. Is this to everyone or just those at the meeting, Gallador?

May as well make it to everyone, Gallador, as I'm sure the rest of us will find out about it anyway and then be pissed off that you're hiding stuff from us.

"As long as we're here, they can't find us. Unless someone else - y'know, like the Lady - who can operate in the Republic happens to tip them off after we've outlived our usefulness."

"At least that is one thing that we won't have to worry about with the pirates...they wouldn't tell the Republic anything. They can't, they're also criminals."

HereticalDruid
Azarl is interested in your meeting, Gallador. He is scholarly, like yourself. He does not have any issue with the 'Psycho Brigade' as it is always good to have someone deadlier than you at your side, but he feels their goals are too short term.

So Azarl will attend if he is able.

Azarl also will have said nothing during the meeting with Adelmo.

Lord Melkor
At the meeting, because he feels threatened by Psycho Brigade. He will does the info to have some advantage over them.

And I actually revealed manifest destiny from the last episode long time ago, you can repost it because it mentions the Lady.

(Gallador lost manifest destiny rules-wise, but this is the first power I will buy with experience. So IC I would say he has it but uses Foresight right now).

Newjak
"Yet another point that needs to be made. Do we really want to rot on this planet for the rest of our lives. It would be the same as being caged knowing there is a bigger destiny we can fulfill"

Xavier brings his foot up and brings it crashing down into a small table breaking it.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>