Sun-amped Superman vs Onslaught

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Onslaught has mysteriously arrived in Metropolis...can a sundipped Superman defeat this menace?

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/7015/301057-147890-superman_super.jpg vs http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/3133/114651-63374-onslaught_super.JPG

Ambient
Superman... 8/10..

Sup3rman1521
Superman wins.

occultdestroyer
Yes.

OWAW Supes 7/10
Kingdom Come Supes 10/10
Supes 1M 11/10

Aster Phoenix
How does Supes defend against Mind control and how is he going to beat O's energy form?

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by Aster Phoenix
How does Supes defend against Mind control and how is he going to beat O's energy form?
Sun-amped supes is basically immune to all forms of telepathy.
If O reverts to his energy form, he might win.

illadelph12
Didn't Onslaught also have Franklin Richards powers as well (besides Magneto, Professor X, and Xman's) before the climax of that story arc?

quanchi112
Onslaught wins.

OneDumbG0
Are you guys kidding? The same Onslaught who created a sun from nothing?

Red Hulk
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Are you guys kidding? The same Onslaught who created a sun from nothing? He's going to create one for Supes in this battle?

stick out tongue

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Red Hulk
He's going to create one for Supes in this battle?

stick out tongue durhulk

Red Hulk
durhulk http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x302/ant_fico/eddietwisterbravo-1.jpg

DigiMark007
Wow. The wanking in the early part of this thread was shocking. This is the same Onslaught who took out the entire Avengers (Thor included); Apocalypse, Nate Grey, and a few others (Sue Storm) simultaneously, raped Juggernaut in a way previously never seen, is a world-class telepath, etc. etc.

Onslaught every time. So long as its one of his later forms (including at least Nate, and obviously if it includes Franklin).

Also, as a note to occult, we don't include alternate versions of characters unless specified by the thread starter. The different Supes you mentioned may indeed have a chance, but we're using "normal" Superman for this battle.

tkitna
Onslaught

Zack Fair
Sun-Amped Supes is hardly normal?

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Wow. The wanking in the early part of this thread was shocking. This is the same Onslaught who took out the entire Avengers (Thor included); Apocalypse, Nate Grey, and a few others (Sue Storm) simultaneously, raped Juggernaut in a way previously never seen, is a world-class telepath, etc. etc.

Onslaught every time. So long as its one of his later forms (including at least Nate, and obviously if it includes Franklin).

Also, as a note to occult, we don't include alternate versions of characters unless specified by the thread starter. The different Supes you mentioned may indeed have a chance, but we're using "normal" Superman for this battle.

It's not wanking. Superman has twice stalemated legitimate skyfathers while in close proximity to the sun.

And a sundipped Superman could beat everyone Onslaught did.

The Great Galen
The onslaught series was bad case if PIS anyways...terrible jobbing on almost everyones part.

kgkg
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
It's not wanking. Superman has twice stalemated legitimate skyfathers while in close proximity to the sun.

And a sundipped Superman could beat everyone Onslaught did. wink so has SS , GL , Quasar , Genis the list goes on

and your point is?

Mr Master
Originally posted by illadelph12

Didn't Onslaught also have Franklin Richards powers as well (besides Magneto, Professor X, and Xman's) before the climax of that story arc?
Did. ... thumb up

Red Hulk

And a sundipped Superman could beat everyone Onslaught did. And Thor has defeated Skyfathers before.... does this mean a lot?
I mean, we don't see people putting Thor against super powerful people, why should we assume that Superman should be doing so?

occultdestroyer

If you use your eyes and not your mouth and even bother to read the thread, the thread starter did not specify which 'sun-amped' Supes he was using for this match.

Use your eyes and mind before posting a comment.
Don't comment on impulse.

Ambient
Figured it'd be a sun-amped Supes in that picture, DC continuity as in normal supes but a sun-amped one..

Mindset
Originally posted by Red Hulk
And Thor has defeated Skyfathers before.... does this mean a lot?
I mean, we don't see people putting Thor against super powerful people, why should we assume that Superman should be doing so? Superman is DC

DigiMark007

And a sundipped Superman could beat everyone Onslaught did.

Questionable. He could beat them separately, maybe, but not the entire teams of powerful members. At least imo. Sundipped isn't THAT much better than base Supes anyway. He doesn't fluctuate like, say, Apollo does.

Originally posted by The Great Galen
The onslaught series was bad case if PIS anyways...terrible jobbing on almost everyones part.

Few liked it as a series, but it doesn't erase the multiple drubbings of legit top tier talent. 1-2 can be jobbing. Entire continents of heroes/villains is a reliable trend.

Originally posted by occultdestroyer
If you use your eyes and not your mouth and even bother to read the thread, the thread starter did not specify which 'sun-amped' Supes he was using for this match.

Don't comment on impulse.

Actually, I helped make the rules for this forum. I know exactly what I'm talking about. Unless otherwise specified, we use current versions of a character, and their most recognizable incarnation. So if someone says "Thor" and doesn't specify beyond that, we use current Thor (616 universe), not classic, or RKT, or an alternate universe Thor, etc. etc. Same with anyone.

Please be respectful. I'm willing to let it slide this time, but I was trying to help you out and you returned with overt disrespect (not to mention uninformed). I will not be so tolerant again.

Knowsbleed33

This is the only post that matters on this thread.

joshypooh

And a sundipped Superman could beat everyone Onslaught did. This is sunAMPED not sunDIPPED. Spite against Superman.

Xplosive
Wait, wait. Onslaught with all the powers he had stomps Sun-amped Superman.

Onslaught in a ridiculous stomp.

fangirl101
Onslaught would beat the shit out of superman. Remember in the avengers arc when he was recreating all of thier enemies? He would pwn superman so hard without lifting a finger.

Starscream M
Originally posted by fangirl101
Onslaught would beat the shit out of superman. Remember in the avengers arc when he was recreating all of thier enemies? He would pwn superman so hard without lifting a finger. Onslaught never fought someone as fast and powerful as Superman though

Endrict Nuul
Onslaught in a ridiculous stomp.

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by Starscream M
Onslaught never fought someone as fast and powerful as Superman though

So, I guess its Sun amped Supes>>>>> Most of Marvel???

roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing laughing out loud

Soljer
Sun amped Superman loses.

Sun dipped Superman would win.

xxxJacob
Hulk could break through Onslaught's barrier, if I remember correctly.

Superman, even if only at 50% of his full power, should be able to defeat Onslaught.

vansonbee
Originally posted by xxxJacob

Superman, even if only at 50% of his full power, should be able to defeat Onslaught.

That was savage piss off Hulk, Comparable to Doomsday as his marvel twin

Aster Phoenix
I think he could break his armor, but then he as the energy form to deal with.

Magee
Originally posted by joshypooh
This is sunAMPED not sunDIPPED. Spite against Superman. Yes and both times he was amped not dipped, he has only sun dipped once which was in OWAW.

Superman could win if he can resist Onslaught's mental attacks although he has shown a high resistance to mind control I doubt he could resist being mind raped for long.

occultdestroyer

Actually, I helped make the rules for this forum. I know exactly what I'm talking about. Unless otherwise specified, we use current versions of a character, and their most recognizable incarnation. So if someone says "Thor" and doesn't specify beyond that, we use current Thor (616 universe), not classic, or RKT, or an alternate universe Thor, etc. etc. Same with anyone.

Please be respectful. I'm willing to let it slide this time, but I was trying to help you out and you returned with overt disrespect (not to mention uninformed). I will not be so tolerant again.
Excuse me. Are you a Mod in this forum?
I don't give a damn if you helped make the rules in this forum.
Every forum member here should have freedom of speech and equality.
Don't go imposing your superiority just because you helped shape some rules that I could do in one sitting.

If you want respect from other forum members, you have to earn it.
Don't go out name-calling anyone just as you please. Now that is disrespect.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Spite against Superman. Onslaught beats him everyday of the week and twice on sunday. If this was sundipped superman then that would be better.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Onslaught in a ridiculous stomp. Agreed. I cant see how anyone gives the win to Superman here.

id369
Which version of Onslught are we using?

Classic Onslaught (No Franklin/Nate)
Onslaught Prime (With Franklin/Nate)
Current Onslaught ( Onslaught Reborn)

I believe Classic Onslaught had his psi augmented from leaching of astral realm (Apocalypse briefly mentions this to Cable IRRC). Classic Onslaught was an utter beast, I think this would be a good match.

Onslaught Prime was a disappointment, re-create a second sun? why not just blow up the one sitting right next to it? And yet it still required the sacrifice of many superheroes to do what ever the hell it was suppose to do. Any how pis aside, he should take the match.

Onslaught Reborn gets raped, walks back to its corner forming a fetal position.

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by id369
Which version of Onslught are we using?

Classic Onslaught (No Franklin/Nate)
Onslaught Prime (With Franklin/Nate)
Current Onslaught ( Onslaught Reborn)

I believe Classic Onslaught had his psi augmented from leaching of astral realm (Apocalypse briefly mentions this to Cable IRRC). Classic Onslaught was an utter beast, I think this would be a good match.

Onslaught Prime was a disappointment, re-create a second sun? why not just blow up the one sitting right next to it? And yet it still required the sacrifice of many superheroes to do what ever the hell it was suppose to do. Any how pis aside, he should take the match.

Onslaught Reborn gets raped, walks back to its corner forming a fetal position.

Darn you and quoting the rules.....yeah yeah, what OS are we using here? by the rules and the thread starter didnt make it clear of what version we are using than its current OS. "Onslaught Reborn" unless its stated other wise....

Supes for the stomp.

Starscream M
it's the classic onslaught - ie the one pictured

and Superman is Sun-dipped...read my OP

and yes, the title is sun-amped...but being sundipped is being sun-amped (whereas being sun-amped does not necessarily mean being sun-dipped)...hence I explicitly stated that he is being sun-dipped

quanchi112

and yes, the title is sun-amped...but being sundipped is being sun-amped (whereas being sun-amped does not necessarily mean being sun-dipped)...hence I explicitly stated that he is being sun-dipped So,you change the thread midway through. You put sun-amped Superman in the title thread. Wow. Sundipped isnt the same thing as sun-amped. Thats the whole point.

Endrict Nuul
Supes can only break his physical form (armor) and now OS is pure engery. Than how does he defeat him? He cant.

Aster Phoenix
I still want to know what Supes is going to do to Onslaughts energy form?

Endrict Nuul
I still want to know what Supes is going to do to Onslaughts energy form?

Nothing.......hes just a flying Super-Hulk and that is all.

Starscream M
Originally posted by quanchi112
So,you change the thread midway through. You put sun-amped Superman in the title thread. Wow. Sundipped isnt the same thing as sun-amped. Thats the whole point. I didn't change anything

read my opening post...clearly says "SUN-DIPPED"

you know superman can sun-amp BY sun-dipping

quanchi112
I didn't change anything

read my opening post...clearly says "SUN-DIPPED"

you know superman can sun-amp BY sun-dipping Your first post is clearly misleading. You shouldnt have sun-amped Superman in the title of the thread.

Starscream M
Your first post is clearly misleading. You shouldnt have sun-amped Superman in the title of the thread. sun-amped does not rule out being sun-dipped...as sun-dipping is one of the ways to amp his powers through the energy of the sun

Endrict Nuul
Anyways who cares...

This is the question....

How is Supes going to beat Onslaughts energy form?

quanchi112
sun-amped does not rule out being sun-dipped...as sun-dipping is one of the ways to amp his powers through the energy of the sun Sun-amped and Sundipped are two completely differnt amps for the man of steel.

Next time you make a thread put sundipped in the title thread otherwise youll have confused posters just like in this one.

Onslaught still wins.

Starscream M
Sun-amped and Sundipped are two completely differnt amps for the man of steel.

Next time you make a thread put sundipped in the title thread otherwise youll have confused posters just like in this one.

Onslaught still wins. do you agree that Superman can amp himself by taking a dip into the sun?

Starscream M

How is Supes going to beat Onslaughts energy form? T-VO?! don't ask me to explain it...Avlon's the one to explain it.

quanchi112
do you agree that Superman can amp himself by taking a dip into the sun? Yes,but the point is that a sunamp and a sundip have two COMPLETELY different effects on Superman.

quanchi112
T-VO?! don't ask me to explain it...Avlon's the one to explain it. So,you are basically saying that Superman wins and that you yourself dont understand why or how,but that he wins. Is this what you are saying?

Aster Phoenix
T-VO?! don't ask me to explain it...Avlon's the one to explain it.

How can T-VO help against his energy form?

Mindset
It's t-vo, it can do anything.

Aster Phoenix
Thats as far from a good answer as you can get.

Mindset
You're very perceptive aren't you?

Aster Phoenix
Yes, it's a talent.

So far no one can actually explain how someone can beat this guy. Feats are one thing, but you still have to show that he can win against this specific person.

Badabing
Originally posted by occultdestroyer

Don't comment on impulse. Read the Vs Forum rules before sounding off against people. If the thread starter doesn't state otherwise, the forum default is 616 Marvel and mainstream DC.

OneDumbG0
Su-amped or sun-dipped Superman gets destroyed. Onslaught can blink a red sun in his face. He could create legions of villains to screw around with him like he did to the FF. He could use subtle telepathy to make him see illusions like he did to Thing and Hulk on separate occasions. He could could cause his power to feedback onto himself like he did to the X-Men. Enough with the spite threads.

Starscream M
Su-amped or sun-dipped Superman gets destroyed. Onslaught can blink a red sun in his face. He could create legions of villains to screw around with him like he did to the FF. He could use subtle telepathy to make him see illusions like he did to Thing and Hulk on separate occasions. He could could cause his power to feedback onto himself like he did to the X-Men. Enough with the spite threads. Onslaught got his ass beat by the Hulk

TricksterPriest
Sundipped Superman tanked entropy and moved Warworld. He was basically near skyfathers levels if not higher.

2nd, Onslaught is one of the most overrated people in comics. The level of opposition he faced is nowhere an indication that he can deal with someone on this level.

Telepathic illusions fooling Hulk&Thing? Ouuu, so scary. roll eyes (sarcastic) Nevermind that Superman regularly throws off TP and other attacks by sheer will.

Legions to screw around with the FF? Brainiac-13 threw legions of himself with entropy power at Superman, Superman rammed through them.

Powerfeedback on the Xmen? The mere fact that you're mentioning a B or C-list team like them is proof that you're reaching. Besides, what good is power feedback? Superman tanks Supernovas, planet exploding, red suns, and high end heralds like Henshaw, Hal Jordan, and Orion.

Onslaught had the potential, but not the feats. Sundipped Superman isn't a slight boost, it's a rediculous Pre-Crisis level one.

Mindset
Superman still loses smile

The Great Galen
Sundipped Superman tanked entropy and moved Warworld. He was basically near skyfathers levels if not higher.

2nd, Onslaught is one of the most overrated people in comics. The level of opposition he faced is nowhere an indication that he can deal with someone on this level.

Telepathic illusions fooling Hulk&Thing? Ouuu, so scary. roll eyes (sarcastic) Nevermind that Superman regularly throws off TP and other attacks by sheer will.

Legions to screw around with the FF? Brainiac-13 threw legions of himself with entropy power at Superman, Superman rammed through them.

Powerfeedback on the Xmen? The mere fact that you're mentioning a B or C-list team like them is proof that you're reaching. Besides, what good is power feedback? Superman tanks Supernovas, planet exploding, red suns, and high end heralds like Henshaw, Hal Jordan, and Orion.

Onslaught had the potential, but not the feats. Sundipped Superman isn't a slight boost, it's a rediculous Pre-Crisis level one.

SD Supes was hovering on pc levels of power...sundipped is quite different from sun amped and in this case his sundipped powerset beats obslaught.

OneDumbG0
Onslaught got his ass beat by the Hulk After Doom's Rogue/Vision attack weakened his control, while trying to maintain a psionic storm against all the other heroes keeping them at bay, then yes, Onslaught got his armor cracked. And he still wasn't beaten after that. Since when does Superman get Doom's genius or battle plan, or get dozens of other heroes to distract Onslaught? And what does he do when he turns into his psionic form? And what does he do if Onslaught just decides to blink a red sun in his face? It's not like Onslaught is sentimental to care about collateral damage.

Thor contained a blast that would have destroyed 1/4th of the universe. Captain Atom actually remade a universe. Hulk became the nexus for the energy that connected two universes. Silver Surfer absorbed the energies of billions of souls. Everybody has their heyday. It doesn't make them skyfather.

Onslaught is basically, what you see, what you get. He was an amalgam of Xavier, Magneto, Nate Grey and Franklin Richards. Are you kidding me?

Onslaught used the telepathic illusions in the middle of battle to distract heroes. In the middle of battle, he would subtley slip suggestions in and out of their minds to cause them either to fight themselves or fight thin air. Superman is not immune to telepathic suggestion and has never broken out of them instantly. A few seconds are all that Onslaught needs. Hell, he doesn't even need a few seconds. He wasn't even tired after blinking a sun into existence. It's not like he needs reprieve or prep time.

I used the words "screw around" very purposefully. The point of conjuring old villains is not to beat Superman, but to distract him. Once again, I don't even know why he would need to distract him.
Originally posted by Tricksterpriest

Onslaught had the potential, but not the feats. Sundipped Superman isn't a slight boost, it's a rediculous Pre-Crisis level one. Reaching? Onslaught caused Cyclops beams to feedback into his eyes. He wasn't even firing his beams. What's stopping him from causing Superman's heat vision to feedback into his eyes? Superman tanks supernovas and red suns? This I have to see. Show it to me. Superman got his tuckus handed to him by Henshaw until Supergirl and Powergirl helped him. He's also matched fairly evenly against Green Lanterns. Throwing out pretty words like high end heralds means nothing to an entity that everybody agrees is at least high-end transcendant.

Onslaught has no feats? Did you even read Onslaught at all? He blinked a sun into existence. Who does that? Who has ever created a sun from nothing? And slapping labels like pre-Crisis to sundipped Superman is both meaningless and utterly misplaced. This conversation is as retarded as the one where you argued that sundipped Superman had a very decent shot at beating Odin.

Onslaught wins. This is spite.

quanchi112
After Doom's Rogue/Vision attack weakened his control, while trying to maintain a psionic storm against all the other heroes keeping them at bay, then yes, Onslaught got his armor cracked. And he still wasn't beaten after that. Since when does Superman get Doom's genius or battle plan, or get dozens of other heroes to distract Onslaught? And what does he do when he turns into his psionic form? And what does he do if Onslaught just decides to blink a red sun in his face? It's not like Onslaught is sentimental to care about collateral damage.

Thor contained a blast that would have destroyed 1/4th of the universe. Captain Atom actually remade a universe. Hulk became the nexus for the energy that connected two universes. Silver Surfer absorbed the energies of billions of souls. Everybody has their heyday. It doesn't make them skyfather.

Onslaught is basically, what you see, what you get. He was an amalgam of Xavier, Magneto, Nate Grey and Franklin Richards. Are you kidding me?

Onslaught used the telepathic illusions in the middle of battle to distract heroes. In the middle of battle, he would subtley slip suggestions in and out of their minds to cause them either to fight themselves or fight thin air. Superman is not immune to telepathic suggestion and has never broken out of them instantly. A few seconds are all that Onslaught needs. Hell, he doesn't even need a few seconds. He wasn't even tired after blinking a sun into existence. It's not like he needs reprieve or prep time.

I used the words "screw around" very purposefully. The point of conjuring old villains is not to beat Superman, but to distract him. Once again, I don't even know why he would need to distract him.
Reaching? Onslaught caused Cyclops beams to feedback into his eyes. He wasn't even firing his beams. What's stopping him from causing Superman's heat vision to feedback into his eyes? Superman tanks supernovas and red suns? This I have to see. Show it to me. Superman got his tuckus handed to him by Henshaw until Supergirl and Powergirl helped him. He's also matched fairly evenly against Green Lanterns. Throwing out pretty words like high end heralds means nothing to an entity that everybody agrees is at least high-end transcendant.

Onslaught has no feats? Did you even read Onslaught at all? He blinked a sun into existence. Who does that? Who has ever created a sun from nothing? And slapping labels like pre-Crisis to sundipped Superman is both meaningless and utterly misplaced. This conversation is as retarded as the one where you argued that sundipped Superman had a very decent shot at beating Odin.

Onslaught wins. This is spite. Indeed this is spite.

Starscream M
Indeed this is spite. that's your opinion

quanchi112
that's your opinion I know. But if you read Onslaught youd know that I was right. He is too much here.

Endrict Nuul
I know. But if you read Onslaught youd know that we are right. He is too much here.

fixed

thumb up

quanchi112
fixed

thumb up Im off your ignore list?

Endrict Nuul
Im off your ignore list?

Yup, for now....

quanchi112
Yup, for now.... Bout time you came to your senses. wink

Endrict Nuul
Bout time you came to your senses. wink

Nah...when you get too much again, than I will stick you back on it.

quanchi112
Nah...when you get too much again, than I will stick you back on it. So,you can only handle me in small doses. How long have been off of ignore?

Endrict Nuul
So,you can only handle me in small doses. How long have been off of ignore?

A week, there abouts....

Mighty Saxon
Onslaught

The Great Galen
I know. But if you read Onslaught youd know that I was right. He is too much here.

So onsluaght is to much for a sundipped Supes who is almost PC level in power yet he cant beat Thanos.......wow reported.

the Darkone
Onslaught with the combine powers of Xavier, Magneto, Xman, Franklin Richards, this is so spite it's not even funny. With the powers of franklin alone Onslaught can warp reality on a Celestial level, with combine mutants powers of Xman and Xavier you are talking about Telepathic, Telekinesis, Telekinetic, Phsycokensie, and top it off with magneto powers, Onslaught would give superman a stroke.

The Great Galen
So once again were speaking on behalf of speculation and potential...what about on panel feats.

fangirl101
Onslaught creates red solar radiation ( as seen he can do this when he created a copy of that radiation avengers villian) and turns the battle field into solid Kryptonite.

OneDumbG0
So once again were speaking on behalf of speculation and potential...what about on panel feats. He mind-f'ed virtually every hero, even experienced ones like Jean Grey? He kept the Avengers, FF and X-Men single-handedly? He took over an army of Sentinels, created an EMP that blacked out New York and created a massive citadel out of thin air? He plucked the Gem of Cyttorak from merged Juggernaut and then trapped him inside it? He created legions of enemies from thin air and memory from across the city? He made a red sun out of nothing?

Yeah. Where the hell are Onslaught's feats? Pussy. dur

Mindset
So onsluaght is to much for a sundipped Supes who is almost PC level in power yet he cant beat Thanos.......wow reported. Did you just start saying he was PC level after Trickster said it?

The Great Galen
So.......? Am I supposed to be impressed by that. Still remains that he got hurt bad by scott and hulk.

Mindset
So.......? Am I supposed to be impressed by that. Still remains that he got hurt bad by scott and hulk. Ok, even if Supes destroys his shell, then what?

quanchi112
He mind-f'ed virtually every hero, even experienced ones like Jean Grey? He kept the Avengers, FF and X-Men single-handedly? He took over an army of Sentinels, created an EMP that blacked out New York and created a massive citadel out of thin air? He plucked the Gem of Cyttorak from merged Juggernaut and then trapped him inside it? He created legions of enemies from thin air and memory from across the city? He made a red sun out of nothing?

Yeah. Where the hell are Onslaught's feats? Pussy. dur laughing out loud Originally posted by The Great Galen
So.......? Am I supposed to be impressed by that. Still remains that he got hurt bad by scott and hulk. How does Superman win this?

The Great Galen
laughing out loud How does Superman win this?

Punch through his shell, hurling Onsluaght towards the sun..ect.

Mindset
Punch through his shell, hurling Onsluaght towards the sun..ect. Hurl a being of psionic energy who has the power to make suns, into the sun?

quanchi112
Punch through his shell, hurling Onsluaght towards the sun..ect. How does this stop Onslaught? He can create suns. LOL.

Aster Phoenix
Originally posted by Mindset
Hurl a being of psionic energy who has the power to make suns, into the sun?

What exactly is the sun supposed to do to a Psionic Enity anyways? He's not corporal in that form.

Mindset
What exactly is the sun supposed to do to a Psionic Enity anyways? He's not corporal in that form. Exactly.

Xplosive
Originally posted by XxxPenisu

He had the power of Franklin Richards, whose powers are an elite reality manipulating.

and yes, the title is sun-amped...but being sundipped is being sun-amped (whereas being sun-amped does not necessarily mean being sun-dipped)...hence I explicitly stated that he is being sun-dipped

Onslaught still wins. Actually still a spite.

And Onslaught had the power in league of Celestials, literally.

The only problem is that you are not too many feats. Well, he pretty much dealt with all Marvel Earth. Forgot what he did to Cain?

But we at least have the feats about creating a sun easily (among others). So he could just create Red Sun and bye bye Superman.

So.......? Am I supposed to be impressed by that. Still remains that he got hurt bad by scott and hulk.

Onslaught himself wasn't hurt, only his armor got cracked (it was just his armor). And anyway Superman wouldn't do anything to Onslaught himself, what he would do when he would crack Onslaught armor (which I don't doubt he could, but only if Onslaught would allow him).

Onslaught in a stomp.

TheBadguy
So onsluaght is to much for a sundipped Supes who is almost PC level in power yet he cant beat Thanos...

The only way I would even start to think Thanos could beat Onslaught would be because of his specific powerset, on a pokemon type of thing, grass super effective against water. I definitely don't think Thanos is more powerful overall though. Regardless Superman has nothing on Onslaught, he will get destroyed.

Aster Phoenix
There is nothing In Thanos or Superman's powerset's to beat Onslaught's energy form.

TheBadguy
There is nothing In Thanos or Superman's powerset's to beat Onslaught's energy form.

preaching to the choir. I said the only way I would even consider it would be in Thanos' case.

Endrict Nuul
Couldn't OS just turn Superman into a rabbit? pull a trick from the Doctors book.

Aster Phoenix
Originally posted by TheBadguy
preaching to the choir. I said the only way I would even consider it would be in Thanos' case.

Why in Thanos case? AS the other thread shows he can't necessarily handle Onslaught either. And can't do anything to his energy form.

TheBadguy
Why in Thanos case? AS the other thread shows he can't necessarily handle Onslaught either. And can't do anything to his energy form.

...I said I don't think he can handle onslaught. I don't think he can beat either form. but that I could listen to an argument for him at least because of his powerset, matter/energy manip, etc. Superman has nothing that can bother him.

Endrict Nuul
Thanos would last longer and do a better job than Supes can.

Aster Phoenix
Not against his energy form, they are both equally weak against that.

Ambient
What exactly is the sun supposed to do to a Psionic Enity anyways? He's not corporal in that form.
Dispersed his energy form..

There's was a reason he needed that exo armor and after the Hulk manage to break it the heroes defeated him by destabilizing his energy form..

The strength level of a Sun-dipped Supes i believed would be sufficient enough break the armor, and i think he could do a lot worse inside Onslaught, his durability plus bio-aura would be enough to protect him..
Just my 2 cents.. Bare in mind im referring to Onslaught minus Franklin, Nate...

Aster Phoenix
Okay so how is Superman going to disperse his energy form? has he ever done that to a psionic energy being before?

Ambient
Physical brute strength or like what Great Galen said blitz into the sun.. Got to go check on it later..

Aster Phoenix
Originally posted by Ambient
Physical brute strength or like what Great Galen said blitz into the sun.. Got to go check on it later..

What is the Sun going to do to a Psionic Energy creature?

Allankles
What does Onslaught do to Superman in his energy form, try to mind rape Superman? I don't think that's easy to do, at least based on how Superman has been portrayed more recently with his defense against mind raping. I haven't heard a proper argument for what Onslaught is doing to Superman in his energy form.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Allankles
What does Onslaught do to Superman in his energy form, try to mind rape Superman? I don't think that's easy to do, at least based on how Superman has been portrayed more recently with his defense against mind raping. I haven't heard a proper argument for what Onslaught is doing to Superman in his energy form. Supes cant beat him. Period. There is nothing he can do to beat his energy form.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Allankles
What does Onslaught do to Superman in his energy form, try to mind rape Superman? I don't think that's easy to do, at least based on how Superman has been portrayed more recently with his defense against mind raping. I haven't heard a proper argument for what Onslaught is doing to Superman in his energy form. Make a red sun?

quanchi112
Make a red sun? Sounds pretty easy to me. This is spite me thinks.

Starscream M
Make a red sun? Onslaught doesn't know Superman's weaknesses

Mindset
T-vo stop mind reading?

Aster Phoenix
Onslaught doesn't know Superman's weaknesses

He is a Telepath. He reads it from his mind.

fangirl101
Originally posted by fangirl101
Onslaught creates red solar radiation ( as seen he can do this when he created a copy of that radiation avengers villian) and turns the battle field into solid Kryptonite.

OneDumbG0
Onslaught does't know Superman's weaknesses Onslaught didn't reeally know about all of the FF's foes from Diablo to Annihilus to Psycho-Man to Red Ghost to Paibok to Malice to Devos the Devastator. And yeah... if you don't know who the last three are, that just shows how pervasive and penetrating Onslaught's telepathy was. Superman's memories are not immune to telepathy. And Onslaught was able to pick these memories out of the FF without them being assaulted. Subtely can achieve what utter power cannot. And while Superman can resist a telepathic attack with his amazing willpower, he hasn't shown any kind of immunity to mind probing, especially not the instant and subtle mind-probing that Onslaught achieved when he conjured up a classic FF rogue's gallery.

quanchi112
Onslaught doesn't know Superman's weaknesses Superman loses. No way around it.

Starscream M
Onslaught didn't reeally know about all of the FF's foes from Diablo to Annihilus to Psycho-Man to Red Ghost to Paibok to Malice to Devos the Devastator. And yeah... if you don't know who the last three are, that just shows how pervasive and penetrating Onslaught's telepathy was. Superman's memories are not immune to telepathy. And Onslaught was able to pick these memories out of the FF without them being assaulted. Subtely can achieve what utter power cannot. And while Superman can resist a telepathic attack with his amazing willpower, he hasn't shown any kind of immunity to mind probing, especially not the instant and subtle mind-probing that Onslaught achieved when he conjured up a classic FF rogue's gallery. Superman could still speedblitz Onslaught...

Aster Phoenix
Superman could still speedblitz Onslaught...

Which would accomplish what?

quanchi112
Superman could still speedblitz Onslaught... How does he defeat the energy form?

Starscream M
Which would accomplish what? I was being facetious embarrasment

Starscream M
Superman loses. No way around it. yet the hulk beat onslaught

Ambient
What is the Sun going to do to a Psionic Energy creature?
Like i said dispersed it..
The heroes manage to do the exact thing by sacrificing themselves, ofcourse none of them is of close to a PC level Kryptonian in durability.. So imagine a Sundipped Supes breaking the armor and then going in unleashing full powered HV and go nuts or a blitz in the sun..
I see Supes winning this way but like i said only against Onslaught minus Nate/Franklin.. Just my 2 cents..

Aster Phoenix
yet the hulk beat onslaught

Where are you getting that idea from?

And when in the comics has extreme heat shown to do anything to a Psionic Energy creatre?

Endrict Nuul

Either your are super stubborn or your trolling.

1. You cant even prove how Hulk or Superman can beat Onslaughts energy form.

2. You dont even know so you are going off of Avalons opinion.

3. Since you cant back up you claims, I have reported you for trolling. And you are known for that.

quanchi112
yet the hulk beat onslaught Did he? Was he alone?

leonheartmm
supes has ZERO chance to win this

TheBadguy

Superman isn't Hulk.

and that didn't happen anyway.

Starscream M
Did he? Was he alone? well, I guess he only beat Onslaught's physical form...

quanchi112
well, I guess he only beat Onslaught's physical form... So,you agree that Superman does not have what it takes do defeat Onslaught here.

Ambient
How'd the heroes beat Onslaught at the end?

I thought they disrupted his psionic form resulting in unstableness and dispersal.. Correct me if im wrong...

Aster Phoenix
How'd the heroes beat Onslaught at the end?

I thought they disrupted his psionic form resulting in unstableness and dispersal.. Correct me if im wrong...

Yes and it took The Avengers and the Fantastic Four to do that.

Ambient
Yes and it took The Avengers and the Fantastic Four to do that.
By sacrificing themselves, right?

So then Onslaught energy form still susceptible to physical harm since the last act of the heroes is of physical nature (charging head on unto Onslaught)..

Aster Phoenix
By sacrificing themselves, right?

So then Onslaught energy form still susceptible to physical harm since the last act of the heroes is of physical nature (charging head on unto Onslaught)..

No it's not, and thats not how it went down, his consciousness was spread out amongst so many that it destabilized his form. Can Supes replicate this without help or prep?

Ambient
You sure.. I've never come across this and ive read all the crossovers and the limited series.. A scan or issue # that verify this would be of help..

Aster Phoenix
http://www.brokenfrontier.com/ektron-content/Onslaught_0108.jpg

Ill try to get a scan of it for you

Aster Phoenix
http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/8224/35onslaughtmarveluniveryv7.jpg
http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/2517/35onslaughtmarveluniveruk4.jpg
http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/8550/35onslaughtmarvelunivered8.jpg
http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/5756/35onslaughtmarveluniverwt7.jpg
http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/70/35onslaughtmarvelunivergd5.jpg

Ambient
Yeah I've got the issue and like i said i don't remember his defeat referred that way..

Aster Phoenix
Well look at the scans it spells it out pretty clearly.

ultimatethor
Onslaught wins clearly.

geshien
Okay,

how is not spite, how is this still open and why is it seven pages? geek

monaroCountry
Actually Onslaught wanted his energy to disperse through the world/universe in order to spread his influence and start recreating the universe in his image. Before he could do this though the heroes were able to contain the energy and provide a physical form to kill/touch.

tsscls
Superman absorbed Mageddon with no Sun-dip. Could he do this to Onslaught? His energy absorbtion skills seem to vary wildly. Wasn't it also stated at one time he had the most powerful will in the universe? How would this factor against a creature like Onslaught. Just throwing a couple of thoughts out.

Aster Phoenix
Originally posted by monaroCountry
Actually Onslaught wanted his energy to disperse through the world/universe in order to spread his influence and start recreating the universe in his image. Before he could do this though the heroes were able to contain the energy and provide a physical form to kill/touch.

You need to read the scan, having his essence absorbed by so many was draining him.

Prove that Supes can replicate the same feat.

And as far as the Superman/ Maggeddon match, do you have a scan of that?

TheBadguy
thanks on the scans

I forgot how epic that was, im gonna have to go back and read it.

Allankles
Originally posted by tsscls
Superman absorbed Mageddon with no Sun-dip. Could he do this to Onslaught? His energy absorbtion skills seem to vary wildly. Wasn't it also stated at one time he had the most powerful will in the universe? How would this factor against a creature like Onslaught. Just throwing a couple of thoughts out.

He did absorb a Mageddon warhead. There are instances where he absorbs energy beings/constructs but I don't know if it would apply here. The Mageddon warhead was a different situation. Onslaught can avoid that fate by keeping himself at a distance and refrain from linking himself to Superman in such a way that Superman could absorb his energies.

Aster Phoenix
Energy isn't always the same though, being able to absorb one kind of energy doesn't mean you can absorb Psionic Energy.

And wouldn't Franklin's powers pretty much end this anyways?

monaroCountry

Ambient
Well look at the scans it spells it out pretty clearly.
Thanks for the scan.. I forgut about that particularly important detail eek! ..

Would Superman be able to absorb the entirely of Onslaught?
Superman is capable of absorbing energy. Ie. like the Armageddon saga but don't know if he could do so with an energy that could fight back.. Hmm. hard to say..

monaroCountry
Onslaught could just make himself a red sun or make everything Kryptonite. Onslaught could even give superman some Kryptonite bling and Kryptonite grillz.

Ambient

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.