The Official E3 2009.......huh?!...for the People?!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
E3 wants to be love and popular once again.

http://www.endsights.com/?p=353

So what do you think? Should E3 be open to the public and let the circus and crowd in?

Or let it remain close and be open for important/exclusive video game industry members?

hmm

Morridini
I would like it to be open again, it just had a great charm to it.

@stroFan
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf

So what do you think? Should E3 be open to the public and let the circus and crowd in?

Or let it remain close and be open for important/exclusive video game industry members?

hmm

I dont care about the public, but they should get rid of that ban on Nintendo. yes

...wait, they werent banned?

...they really dont have any games?

...****. sad

WrathfulDwarf
It really becomes politics here....

I think E3 feels like competing with Comic Con. Attendences are massive for the SDCC each year. The E3 people would love to have that level of popularity...but then they might afraid it becomes more than just a video game expo.

I would love to attend since it is in my backyard.

Smasandian
Originally posted by Morridini
I would like it to be open again, it just had a great charm to it.

It was never open to the public. People just snuck in alot.

E3, before the downgrade was one of the biggest, if not the biggest video game convention out there. It was massive. Im under the impression that it was much bigger than Comic Con.

Opening to the public will bring it back up to what it was, but also make the journalists jobs harder.

Its funny considering people complained about the huge cost of boots on the developers side, and journalists hated the amount of work they had to do.

Now they complain that its too small......

Peach
Originally posted by Smasandian
It was never open to the public. People just snuck in alot.

E3, before the downgrade was one of the biggest, if not the biggest video game convention out there. It was massive. Im under the impression that it was much bigger than Comic Con.

Opening to the public will bring it back up to what it was, but also make the journalists jobs harder.

Its funny considering people complained about the huge cost of boots on the developers side, and journalists hated the amount of work they had to do.

Now they complain that its too small......

It's funny, with the complaints about cost. Opening it to the public would offset the costs by a lot. Something like E3, open to the public, could probably easily attract 20,000-30,000 attendees. Charge $60-75 for admission (really not a huge amount) and, well. That's a decent chunk of change. And that's just from admission alone, and doesn't count all the money that could be made from merchandise, extra fees for other events, etc...

Can anyone tell that I work at conventions? stick out tongue

Neo Darkhalen
just a little bit stick out tongue

ESB -1138
Originally posted by @stroFan
I dont care about the public, but they should get rid of that ban on Nintendo. yes

...wait, they werent banned?

...they really dont have any games?

...****. sad

They have games; just none that Miyamoto thinks are good enough to show. Unlike Sony with KillZone 2 they don't announce a game and then years upon years later tell you it's almost done.

NonSensi-Klown
That, and most of their new games suck.

I was reading a game Informer magazine and they were discussing what the three companies were showing off, and Microsoft had gears of War 2, fable 2, Final fantasy whatever, and avatars as the big attractions. Sony had Resistance 2, Resistance for the PSP, God of War 3. And then Nitnendo came on with...with... WII CLASSIC MUUUUUUSIICCC!!!

no expression

haermm

It's okay though. I still have faith in Nintendo. They'll come out on top with their Mario Party 27, Mario Kart Wii 2.0, Mario Tennis 23, Mario Baseball 3, Mario Golf 4, Mario Basketball, Mario Kart Soccer 7, and, most importantly, TFU without the physics engine and graphics.

Smasandian
Yeah, the E3 showing for Nintendo was awful. Wii Music looks like shit and Wii Sports Resort is hardly interesting.

I would love to see a more involved Wii Sports with leagues, a ton more golf courses, some more in depth tennis, and a completely reworked baseball.

I like Nintendo games, always have. But what new stuff will they show? Another Prime game? Another Zelda game? Another Mario game?

All that stuff will be hardly surprising. Hopefully they have something different and cool to show off.

S_D_J

hmm

I really don't care, all I care are the announcements, but, dear god!, E3 it's just a shadow of its former self.
This year was terrible and, quite frankly, uneventful.

there ware more things back when it was a big convention, maybe going back to big booths and booth babes will improve its situation.

@stroFan
Originally posted by Smasandian
Yeah, the E3 showing for Nintendo was awful. Wii Music looks like shit and Wii Sports Resort is hardly interesting.

I would love to see a more involved Wii Sports with leagues, a ton more golf courses, some more in depth tennis, and a completely reworked baseball.

I like Nintendo games, always have. But what new stuff will they show? Another Prime game? Another Zelda game? Another Mario game?

All that stuff will be hardly surprising. Hopefully they have something different and cool to show off.

Nintendo seems more interested in milking more money through peripheral sales. Two of their three games from E3 have peripherals alongside them. WiiSports has the motion plus, and Animal Crossing has the WiiTalk or whatever.

Smasandian
I guess. It seems that all console's have some sort of peripherals.

Wii Motion Plus is annoying considering the Wii Remote should be able to operate like that in the first place, and now we have to buy another accessory to make some games work.

WrathfulDwarf
It looks like is going to happen after all....

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/921/921910p1.html

Gotta be there. mmm

Peach
It really becomes politics here....

I think E3 feels like competing with Comic Con. Attendences are massive for the SDCC each year. The E3 people would love to have that level of popularity...but then they might afraid it becomes more than just a video game expo.

I would love to attend since it is in my backyard.

Somehow I missed this post before...

But E3 and SDCC are two completely different kettle of fish. E3 is an industry convention revolving around one specific thing. SDCC is an open-to-the-public convention that encompasses many different things - comics, games, anime, sci-fi, fantasy, etc.

There's absolutely no comparison between the two.

BackFire
Love for them to open to the public.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Peach

But E3 and SDCC are two completely different kettle of fish. E3 is an industry convention revolving around one specific thing. SDCC is an open-to-the-public convention that encompasses many different things - comics, games, anime, sci-fi, fantasy, etc.

There's absolutely no comparison between the two.

In the early days of SDCC it was similar to the current E3. Restricted to comic books. As it evolved throught the years it became more open to other forms of pop culture. Not really going to predict the future...but there is a posibility that if E3 remains open to the public it will eventually evolve in a similar fashion to SDCC.

I think G4 had something to do with pushing E3 to be open to the public. And for that I'm very glad is going to happen.

Morridini
So this years E3 came out of nowhere, it is next week already for some weird reason.

GTTV has some pre-E3 show this thursday; http://www.gametrailers.com/e3/gttv-pre-e3/

S_D_J
wasn't it always in June ?

anyways: MGS5, another HALO, and more shovelware for Wii next week hanone

Smasandian
Yeah, late May, early June is usually when it comes around.

Reading a few sites, and they've been talking E3 for weeks.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Final Blaxican
That, and most of their new games suck.

I was reading a game Informer magazine and they were discussing what the three companies were showing off, and Microsoft had gears of War 2, fable 2, Final fantasy whatever, and avatars as the big attractions. Sony had Resistance 2, Resistance for the PSP, God of War 3. And then Nitnendo came on with...with... WII CLASSIC MUUUUUUSIICCC!!!

no expression

haermm

It's okay though. I still have faith in Nintendo. They'll come out on top with their Mario Party 27, Mario Kart Wii 2.0, Mario Tennis 23, Mario Baseball 3, Mario Golf 4, Mario Basketball, Mario Kart Soccer 7, and, most importantly, TFU without the physics engine and graphics.
hysterical

Oh Blax. We need you here again for moments like this. haermm

Morridini
Originally posted by S_D_J
wasn't it always in June ?

Not the last few years at least.

Barker
Hopefully Nintendo says something about Heartgold/Soulsilver. haermm

SaTsuJiN
-Keep it open to the public, but dont go overboard on the booth design and loud-ass music.. and obviously theres no need for booth-hoochies.. that space could be occupied by people who want to see the software and cool shit

Morridini
In case people want to see the Press Conferences and have a hard time finding them, Gamespot has all available on this site: http://e3.gamespot.com/press-conference/

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.