Data(Star Trek) runs a short Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Alright he gets a full day of rest and repair between fights. Data has 10x the strength of a normal Starfleet Officer I guess they could lift press average of 200lbs which means Data could lift 2,000 pounds his speed reflexes and agility are superor to Starfleet Officers. To prepare for this gauntlet he has studied with Lt Worf Commander Will Riker and has also master Jeet Kung Do,Hapkido,Judo,Wing Chun, and Krav Maga. No Weapons. The fight take place in an Octogon. Data has the ability to kill

1.Frank Castle
2.Wilson Fisk
3.Marv

Acrosurge
What weapons are Castle, Frank, and Marv packing?

Also, are you specifically limiting Data to class 1 strength? He's got feats that make me question that as his canon strength, one of them being that he effortlessly bent a bar of duranium, IIRC.

golem370
No weapons and I am just guessing at his strength. Think of this as an UFC style fight.

BruceSkywalker
Data is fully capable of avoiding bullets as he has shown in avoiding lasers and what not. Worf is the greatest warrior Starfleet has ever known and Riker was a fair fighter. These arts, Jeet Kune Do,Hapkido,Judo,Wing Chun, and Krav Maga, are excellent to learn and Data would learn them quite easily in fact. Being also that Data is stronger and much more quicker than Frank, Fisk and Marv, I would say that Data survives and would possibly kill all three of them . Data 10/10

TricksterPriest
Data is not class 2. He's closer to class 10 or so. Not sure how strong duranium is, but I'm guessing it's far beyond class 2 judging by Acro's reaction.

Straight H2H, they're ****ed. Data is stronger, faster, and more durable.

Worf, when facing a hologram with Data's reflexes in an old west shootout, had to use a shield to win, because he knew he couldn't beat Data's reaction speed.

vansonbee
NOT Fair Data gonna rip human parts limb from limb o-o he at least class 10

illadelph12
Yeah, this is pretty much a cakewalk for Data. Though he never had reason to display it in the series, Data already has extensive combat training from Starfleet and a database full of combat knowledge (he knows Vulcan martial arts and the Vulcan "Death Pinch"wink, coupled with 'superhuman' strength (effortlessly lifting anvils and storage containers, bending reinforced steel bars, etc.) and pin point accurate hand eye coordination and a degree of superspeed with his hands (able to rearrange hundreds of memory chips in the Enterprise computer into various configurations in a matter of seconds). Data just isn't the violent type. He's a science officer.

psycho gundam
^plus hitting him would damage all their hands upon impact.

not much of a fight tbh.

golem370
I often wondered why he didn't become the Security officer but I just know realized that He was pretty the only one of this kind and Even with all of his physical attributes his greatest ability was his mind

golem370
Adding a 4th person Kraven the Hunter remember no weapons

Doctor-Alvis
There was Lore too but he's kind of a jerk.

It's hard picturing an unarmed human beating Data in hand to hand combat.

Badabing
Data is very durable. Alfre Woodard emptied a full clip into Data in First Contact and it did nothing.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Badabing
Data is very durable. Alfre Woodard emptied a full clip into Data in First Contact and it did nothing.

Right after Data made a 40 foot drop, landing on his feet and walking straight away completely unphased.

Darth Martin
Data tears each apart. This is basically putting a T-800 against a human being and expecting a human to beat in H2H.

Soljer
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Data tears each apart. This is basically putting a T-800 against a human being and expecting a human to beat in H2H.

If Data is class ten, incredibly well trained in multiple martial arts, extremely agile, and capable of dodging bullets...

He's well above a T-800 in pretty much every way.

Faux Smurph
Originally posted by Soljer
If Data is class ten, incredibly well trained in multiple martial arts, extremely agile, and capable of dodging bullets...

He's well above a T-800 in pretty much every way. I think the implication was that the difference between a T800 and an ordinary (not stated, I know) human is the same as that between Data and those in the gauntlet.

Also, I know you said if, but... it was Trick that labeled Data as class 10. When he admittedly had little ground for it.

Soljer
Originally posted by Faux Smurph
I think the implication was that the difference between a T800 and an ordinary (not stated, I know) human is the same as that between Data and those in the gauntlet.

Also, I know you said if, but... it was Trick that labeled Data as class 10. When he admittedly had little ground for it.

I see. I read it kinda quickly.

Also, Vasonbee said he was class ten. Whoever the hell that is.

Faux Smurph
I see. I read it kinda quickly.

Also, Vasonbee said he was class ten. Whoever the hell that is. mmm

srug

Darth Martin
I think the implication was that the difference between a T800 and an ordinary (not stated, I know) human is the same as that between Data and those in the gauntlet.

Also, I know you said if, but... it was Trick that labeled Data as class 10. When he admittedly had little ground for it. wink But I was always under the impression that in H2H T-800>Data. Never did I see how it could be class 10 or dodging bullets. But then again I'm not a HUGE ST fan just a casual viewer.

Faux Smurph
So, nevermind Soljer... I stand corrected.

Soljer
Yeah, I've never actually seen an episode of Star Trek. I'm going off of what others in the thread have said. *shrugs*

Faux Smurph
Yeah, I've never actually seen an episode of Star Trek. I'm going off of what others in the thread have said. *shrugs* Me too. srug

Soljer
So far, he sounds like Spiderman + super advanced training.

Is that inaccurate?

Faux Smurph
So far, he sounds like Spiderman + super advanced training. I think his digit movements are super fast.

There seemed to be controversy about whether he himself could move at bullet-dodging speeds.

Soljer
I think his digit movements are super fast.

There seemed to be controversy about whether he himself could move at bullet-dodging speeds.

Any idea where Bruce Skywalker's claim comes from then? Apparently, he's effortlessly dodged lasers.

Faux Smurph
Any idea where Bruce Skywalker's claim comes from then? Apparently, he's effortlessly dodged lasers. Nope.

Maybe laser dodging in ST is akin to bullet dodging in comics.

Which, I suppose, would make him fast enough?

Endrict Nuul
Classic Fisk has a better chance, other than that Data stomps.

Badabing
Any idea where Bruce Skywalker's claim comes from then? Apparently, he's effortlessly dodged lasers. Data has dodged phaser fire. It appeared he reacted more to the shooter aiming and moving right before he fired rather than actually moving out of the way while the beam was firing. It was still an impressive feat. And he has done it more than once.

Aster Phoenix
If this is a no prep fight, then Data takes their heads as trophies. He's taken Phaser shots and rapid machine gun fire.

Soljer
Originally posted by Aster Phoenix
If this is a no prep fight, then Data takes their heads as trophies. He's taken Phaser shots and rapid machine gun fire.

Yeah, we already know that Data rapes. At the point, I think everyone (everyone that matters...meaning...me and Smurph) are more interested in pinning down how powerful Data is, exactly.

Aster Phoenix
Well I hate to be the only one in your life to break this to you, but everyone on here is equally important.

Faux Smurph
Well I hate to be the only one in your life to break this to you, but everyone on here is equally important. petpet

If that fools you, you go ahead and say it.

Dr Hackenbush
petpet

He's superior to you, and it just hurts sad

batdude123
Well I hate to be the only one in your life to break this to you, but everyone on here is equally important.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/superdante/jollyandruwhw2wi9uj7.gif

Faux Smurph
Yeah, we already know that Data rapes. At the point, I think everyone (everyone that matters...meaning...me and Smurph) are more interested in pinning down how powerful Data is, exactly. Bada holds a bit of weight too. mmm

Aster Phoenix
petpet

I also say it when it's true, facts are great that way.

Dr Hackenbush
I also say it when it's true, facts are great that way.

Man you're cool. You've demonstrated that knowledge is power to me haermm

Aster Phoenix
Originally posted by Dr Hackenbush

http://streetknowledge.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/gijoe.jpg

Soljer
Originally posted by Dr Hackenbush

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c273/echoguitar/the_more_you_know2.jpg

Red Hulk
Originally posted by batdude123
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/superdante/jollyandruwhw2wi9uj7.gif 'Oh, here's batdude's post, I wonder what it is... no way, it's an Andruw Jones gif!' stick out tongue

Knowsbleed33
Data pwned a Borg H2H once. not sure if that means anything.

illadelph12
Well, here's Data effortlessly lifting an anvil:

UFtGVk8-XBI

And his specs:

4377HhZ_NSM

I'm not sure if he's class 10, but he also effortlessly lifted the rear end of a car in an episode, as well as storage containers in the cargo hold weighing metric tons. Maybe class 2-3.

There was an episode where Data and Geordi were trying to access a science lab where an apparent murder had taken place but the lab's security system which had an automated phaser array was malfunctioning and the only way to disable it was from a control panel within the lab. Data had to leave Geordi behind so he could move quickly through the lab, dodging the weapons fire, and disable the system. It was the episode where a sentient silicon based species that lived in wetlands was discovered and they had found a way to fight back against the scientists who were terraforming the planet by sabotaging their equipment. So yeah, Data can dodge phaser fire. I wouldn't quite put him at Spider-man level though. Data has high speed reflexes, but he's not extremely limber or flexible, he can just dodge things very quickly to within a fraction of a second due to his accuracy of processing measurements and trajectories.

I'd say Data is low meta.

Doctor-Alvis
So far, he sounds like Spiderman + super advanced training.

Is that inaccurate?
Maybe like a diet Spider-man. He has crazy limb speed, and he's really precise and has robot-perfect timing. Those physical abilities are usually what wins him starships and awesome shuttlecraft duels.

His strength is enough that he's able to easily lift debris that would take a coupla dudes to lift and open doors with his bare hands where normally they would attach those magnetic handle things and struggle to pull open.

golem370
Don't forget Data also has on impressive mind in calculations. Lore was able to drop Worf with a punch to a gut and a back hand and Worf is three times stronger then a normal starfleet officer.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.