Who thinks Shatner should be in the new movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nactous
PUT HIM IN JJ!

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Nactous
PUT HIM IN JJ!

Why?

Robtard
PUT HIM IN JJ!

Knowing Shatner's ego, he probably thinks he should.

Kinneary
I thought JJ said that he had tried to figure a way to get him in the movie, but couldn't do it without it seeming forced. I don't want him in the movie just so he'll be in the movie, personally.

Scoobless
Cameos can ruin perfectly decent movie scenes (look at Stan Lee) leave Shatman out of it.

roughrider
His character is no more; passed on. He has expired and gone to meet his maker. He is a dead captain; a stiff. He has rung down the curtain and joined the choir invisible. THIS IS AN EX-PARRO...( er, Captain.) big grin

Nactous
How many times did Spock die again?

roughrider
How many times did Spock die again?

Spock died and came back next picture, thanks to the effect of the Genesis planet, and using Vulcan touch to transfer his mind to McCoy. Kirk died in Generations, and three pictures later was still dead. Too bad.

Nactous
So, nobody really dies in the Star Trek universe...

Nactous
look at Data

Robtard
So, nobody really dies in the Star Trek universe...

There are countless ensigns that can prove you wrong.

Tasha Yar (Denise Crosby) died in STNG, then came back in an alternate timeline episode, only to be sent off to her presumed death and then Denise Crosby came back as her half Romulan daughter for the final twist.

Nactous
exactly!

Scoobless
Trip died.

sad

BruceSkywalker
As much as I love Shatner, this movie is NOT about William Shatner. He should not be in this. I understand why Nimoy is in this, but there is no rhyme or reason for "old" Kirk to appear.

Captain REX
Spock and Data are not human, must be said.

Nactous
But think of the children...

Badabing
I would have liked Shatner worked in somehow. I won't lose sleep over him not appearing though.

Mister Hobbs
No. Time to pass the torch.

Seeing any of the old crew would just make it harder for me to get into the new players.

Badabing
Originally posted by Mister Hobbs
No. Time to pass the torch.

Seeing any of the old crew would just make it harder for me to get into the new players. That's because you're not Shatner-tastic!

stick out tongue

Robtard
Word is, JJ kicked Shatner off the set, he was meddling (as Shatner does) with the way JJ was filming. So no Shatner cameo.

The PC version of it reads as:

"It was very tricky. We actually had written a scene with him in it that was a flashback kind of thing, but the truth is, it didn't quite feel right. The bigger thing was that he was very vocal that he didn't want to do a cameo. We tried desperately to put him in the movie, but he was making it very clear that he wanted the movie to focus on him significantly, which, frankly, he deserves. The truth is, the story that we were telling required a certain adherence to the Trek canon and consistency of storytelling. It's funny -- a lot of the people who were proclaiming that he must be in this movie were the same people saying it must adhere to canon. Well, his character died on screen. Maybe a smarter group of filmmakers could have figured out how to resolve that." -JJ Abrams

BruceSkywalker
William Shatner's own words...

http://www.movieweb.com/news/81/31381.php

Scoobless
Is Shatner going to open his own Jurassic Park?

Nactous
probably...

starlock
Yes...Shatner should be in the movie...... its gotta be better than the cast i have seen recently sick

Badabing
I would have been happy to see Shatner in a cameo or a flash forward scene. Nothing huge.

Raoul
shatner would kick ass, imo. not too huge, as bada said, but it wouldnt hurt to have him in it, maybe in a similar part to his bit at the start of generations...

Sadako of Girth
....Or as a Holodeck version of Kirk.
Perhaps Spock's human side would have some sentimental need to revisit, in much the same manner as Scotty revisting the old NCC-1701 bridge via holodeck in is appearance on TNG.

Ha! I'll copyright that idea too... stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.