Most powerful force user

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

annirus
The most powerful force user always stirs up a big debate, but if you follow the movies and go by what GL has said himself it has to be Mace Windu. Not only was he the youngest person to be voted onto the jedi counsil at age 28, he mastered a form of combat that even the sith think to be too deadly and emotionally taxing(Vaapad) and he handily beat Sidious in a fight. For those of you who think somehow sidious could have been faking just need to read the making of Eps 3 artbook, Lucas goes out of his way to show Mace beats Palp fair and square. Lucas said without Vaapad, Mace is on par with Yoda, Dooku, Annikan and Sidious, with it no one is his equal. Garen Malek quite possibly is beyond them all. No force user had been born of one Jedi (other than Luke and Leia) much less 2. Both of Garen parents are Jedi, making him extraordinarily powerful. Taking everythig into consideration top 5 force beings in the canon series has to be 1. Mace 2. Sidious 3. Yoda 4. Annikan 5. Qui-gon-jinn. Eu ( Bane and zannah would make any short list)

Jack Daniels
with time your hypothesis could have been proved to be true but as it stands mace went on a trip from which unless he grabbed a flying speeder on the way down with his one hand..lol..there is no return so he sux luke wins..lol...

Bardock42
If we are just going by the movies, I assume Yoda. Oh, and it's Galen Marek.

queeq
That's EU.

Bardock42
Originally posted by queeq
That's EU. Nah, he said only canon.

sweersa
Originally posted by Bardock42
Nah, he said only canon.

Hahaha. Sense when does EU become canon?

Bardock42
Originally posted by sweersa
Hahaha. Sense when does EU become canon?

...what?

If you are talking about him mentioning EU, that's correct. He did say that the list of the most powerful force users should be Canon though. Which is the topic of the thread if I understand correctly. Oh, and it is "since"...

sweersa
...what?

If you are talking about him mentioning EU, that's correct. He did say that the list of the most powerful force users should be Canon though. Which is the topic of the thread if I understand correctly. Oh, and it is "since"...

Sorry, my mistake, since, not sense...they sound the same yes? But they are not the same. Thank you spell check.

Way to get off topic, anyways, the point is you don't talk about EU like that in the I, II, and III section...ever.

That is why we have the EU section. A place where few of us people go...it has its own members and it is a very scary place to go.

It is full of Star Wars characters non of us have ever heard of, it has lightsaber colors that never existed, and...most scary of all...it contradicts itself! Dun dun dun.

Bardock42
Sorry, my mistake, since, not sense...they sound the same yes? But they are not the same. Thank you spell check.

They actually sound different. But it's a common mistake to make, don't worry.

Way to get off topic, anyways, the point is you don't talk about EU like that in the I, II, and III section...ever.

That is why we have the EU section. A place where few of us people go...it has its own members and it is a very scary place to go.

It is full of Star Wars characters non of us have ever heard of, it has lightsaber colors that never existed, and...most scary of all...it contradicts itself! Dun dun dun. Meh, Canon can do that itself. The point is this guy wants to talk about the most powerful force users in the canon, which should be placed here. That he mentioned EU characters and facts, though, regretable, doesn't make it any less fitted in here. Besides, I hear sad rumors that Force Unleashed is going to be canon anyways.

sweersa
They actually sound different. But it's a common mistake to make, don't worry.

Meh, Canon can do that itself. The point is this guy wants to talk about the most powerful force users in the canon, which should be placed here. That he mentioned EU characters and facts, though, regretable, doesn't make it any less fitted in here. Besides, I hear sad rumors that Force Unleashed is going to be canon anyways.

Okay, that is sad, force unleashed can't be canon becuase it isn't a movie...let's hope they keep it EU.

Lord Knightfa11
Lucas said that sideous was the most powerful sith lord, and the novelization said that yoda was "the most powerful foe the darkness had ever known".

So yea, your wrong.

steverules
Yoda is more powerful with the force...he's the one who can stop force lightning with his hands and use it on the sith themselves...Mace had to use his lightsabre.

sweersa
Originally posted by steverules
Yoda is more powerful with the force...he's the one who can stop force lightning with his hands and use it on the sith themselves...Mace had to use his lightsabre.

Well the situations are different. Mace already had his lightsaber activated...Yoda did not. I think they do whatever comes first. As time is critical.

Jack Daniels
I think mace shoulda had a few shots of jack daniels and he wouldnt have hesitated to waste palps...and then annie never woulda had the chance to turn robotish...his ole lady wouldnt have died during child birth and he woulda been just fine and not had his nuts burned off..lol..its all mace's fault?

queeq
Meh, Canon can do that itself. The point is this guy wants to talk about the most powerful force users in the canon, which should be placed here. That he mentioned EU characters and facts, though, regretable, doesn't make it any less fitted in here. Besides, I hear sad rumors that Force Unleashed is going to be canon anyways.

Only the game makers said that. No confirmation from Lucasfilm on that.

Bardock42
Only the game makers said that. No confirmation from Lucasfilm on that. Yeah, just saying I read that, and it would be sad.

sweersa
Yeah, just saying I read that, and it would be sad.

I agree.

Master Crimzon
From the movies? Yoda and Sidious at a stalemate.

From EU? LotF Luke.

sweersa
Originally posted by Master Crimzon
From the movies? Yoda and Sidious at a stalemate.

From EU? LotF Luke.

Yeah, the Sequel Trilogy luke ftw

Master Crimzon
Yeah, the Sequel Trilogy luke ftw

Wrong. Nebar Foxis for the win.

sweersa
Wrong. Nebar Foxis for the win.

Hahaha.

The most handsome Jedi ever.

Master Crimzon
Hahaha.

The most handsome Jedi ever.

Liez!

sweersa
Liez!

If you don't believe me watch the security hologram scene in ROTS. You can see a quick glimpse of Nebar Foxis fighting Anakin.

Master Crimzon
If you don't believe me watch the security hologram scene in ROTS. You can see a quick glimpse of Nebar Foxis fighting Anakin.

Yeah, but he's as ugly as shite.

Still, Foxis is the most powerful character in the SW universe because he is portrayed by "Oh lord SS!", who is close personal friends with George Lucas. He can beat ANYBODY.

Who has an IQ of less than 15.

Lord Knightfa11
he wasn't played by ss. end of the story.

Lord Knightfa11
Oh, and that's cin drallig, as depicted by the novelization, the gba game, and the ps2 game.

Jack Daniels
jus give it up GL and SS both said Jack Daniels was the most powerful drinker....oh wait wrong thread sorry...lol

sweersa
Originally posted by Jack Daniels
jus give it up GL and SS both said Jack Daniels was the most powerful drinker....oh wait wrong thread sorry...lol

Hahaha, sounds like something for the EU thread.

Master Crimzon
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
he wasn't played by ss. end of the story.

YES HE WAS! HE IZ CLOZE PERSWONAL FRENDS WIT JORGE LUCUS! LORD SS IS TEH BESTEST! UR A TROLL FROM TEH SCURJE!11!!

coolmovies
i would say yoda

sweersa
Originally posted by coolmovies
i would say yoda

Agreed.

queeq
Hahaha, sounds like something for the EU thread.

Why? Isn't Jack canon anymore? wink

sweersa
Why? Isn't Jack canon anymore? wink

The Nightmare Never Ends. Hahaha.

Mizukage Yoda
Grand Master Yoda curbstomps all but Sids. Of coarse I'm exaggerating but still, Yoda ftw

Ahsoka Tano
JORGE LUCUS!

He killed Christ. Didn't you get the memo? - Mel Gibson

Jack Daniels
In the movies Mace didnt use much as force powers go...he bested palps with swordsmanship...but yoda was definately more in tune with the force than mace...yoda was the only force user "in the movies" that could catch darkside force lightning with his hands...mace didnt feel the tremors when a jedi was in pain or killed as yoda did...so yes movies only ..YODA ..though Luke had to have been the most powerful ever as he was able to become more powerful than vader within a very short amount of time...unless further movies are made Luke I guess only for sure takes the cake in EU...

SIDIOUS 66
Originally posted by annirus
The most powerful force user always stirs up a big debate, but if you follow the movies and go by what GL has said himself it has to be Mace Windu. Not only was he the youngest person to be voted onto the jedi counsil at age 28, he mastered a form of combat that even the sith think to be too deadly and emotionally taxing(Vaapad) and he handily beat Sidious in a fight. For those of you who think somehow sidious could have been faking just need to read the making of Eps 3 artbook, Lucas goes out of his way to show Mace beats Palp fair and square. Lucas said without Vaapad, Mace is on par with Yoda, Dooku, Annikan and Sidious, with it no one is his equal. Garen Malek quite possibly is beyond them all. No force user had been born of one Jedi (other than Luke and Leia) much less 2. Both of Garen parents are Jedi, making him extraordinarily powerful. Taking everythig into consideration top 5 force beings in the canon series has to be 1. Mace 2. Sidious 3. Yoda 4. Annikan 5. Qui-gon-jinn. Eu ( Bane and zannah would make any short list)

You should listen to the audio commentary to ROTS. Lucas says Sidious faked being weak at the hands of Windu. Sidious could have continued his lightning attack, but didn't to play weakness.

In a way Sidious threw the fight. Mace was clearly struggling with the lightning attack, and would have eventually been overpowered if Sidious continued the assault.

sweersa
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
You should listen to the audio commentary to ROTS. Lucas says Sidious faked being weak at the hands of Windu. Sidious could have continued his lightning attack, but didn't to play weakness.

In a way Sidious threw the fight. Mace was clearly struggling with the lightning attack, and would have eventually been overpowered if Sidious continued the assault.

I never knew this. That statement by lucas confirms Palpatine was indeed doing that to draw in Anakin.

SIDIOUS 66
I never knew this. That statement by lucas confirms Palpatine was indeed doing that to draw in Anakin.

Yeah Lucas' exact words were: " Palpatine pretended to lose his powers, and be weak", or something along those lines.

sweersa
Yeah Lucas' exact words were: " Palpatine pretended to lose his powers, and be weak", or something along those lines.

Great, thanks. Now we can finally have the answer from the man.

queeq
Hardly.

SIDIOUS 66
Hardly.

Why not? It did come from Lucas' own words.

sweersa

And as we all know actual canon is either Lucas or the movies.

queeq

Well, for some reason Lucas needs some large explanatory encyclopedia to the PT, explaining everything he obviousloy wasn't able to convey in the films. So Lucas explanation may be correct, the film itself (the canon) doesn't allow us to find the answer.

sweersa
Well, for some reason Lucas needs some large explanatory encyclopedia to the PT, explaining everything he obviousloy wasn't able to convey in the films. So Lucas explanation may be correct, the film itself (the canon) doesn't allow us to find the answer.

I was about to disagree until I thought about syfo dias.

SIDIOUS 66

Isn't that why commentaries are made, to help viewers get a better understanding of movies?

Besides Lucas' comment does not contradict what was shown in the movie. In fact it made more sense, seeing how Sidious sprang back to life suddenly.

queeq
A film should tell it's own story. One should be able to watch and get a film WITHOUT a commentary, you know. I think if a commentray is needed to get what's going on, let alone being able to feel along with the main characters, then there are some MAJOR MAJOR flaws with that film.

sweersa
A film should tell it's own story. One should be able to watch and get a film WITHOUT a commentary, you know. I think if a commentray is needed to get what's going on, let alone being able to feel along with the main characters, then there are some MAJOR MAJOR flaws with that film.

I only watch the commentaries for the interesting information and stories they tell about the making of the film and the special effects.

queeq
And that's what they're for.

sweersa
And that's what they're for.

That and explaining details of the plot. :P

queeq
laughing out loud

Lord Knightfa11
LOL its still G-canon.

K-Dog
To me Qui-gon is the weakest--he did not have any showings putting him above any of the other main characters. I'll put yoda slightly above Mace and almost, but not quite, equal to Sidious. I wonder if Sid could have taken Vader and Luke both at the same time in ROTJ.

SIDIOUS 66
Originally posted by K-Dog
To me Qui-gon is the weakest--he did not have any showings putting him above any of the other main characters. I'll put yoda slightly above Mace and almost, but not quite, equal to Sidious. I wonder if Sid could have taken Vader and Luke both at the same time in ROTJ.

In a way he kinda did, though he died in the process. He had Luke on his ass. Then when Vader came to Luke's rescue, he ended up killing Vader.

queeq
He never fought Vader.

Hewhoknowsall
njo luke and yoda.

Lord Knightfa11
Hey mate, this area is movie and higher cannon only. Expanded Universe will getcha banned, donchaknow.

queeq
Well, warnings first.

Lord Knightfa11
I didn't get a warning ;(

queeq
You did, we whispered it so we were sure you wouldn't hear it. evil face

Sadako of Girth
He never fought Vader.

Well...he was electrocuting him with Force lightning....
As Vader was about to lob him down a shaft.

Thats fairly 'fighty', I suppose.

queeq
Short circuitry.

sweersa
Short circuitry.

Just like Circuit City at the moment, hehe.

queeq
Circuit City?

Sadako of Girth
Yeah but if allied tank offensively shorted out a german tank (with or without force lightning stick out tongue ) t'would still be classed as a combative manuveur, surely...

queeq
As in boom?

sweersa
Circuit City?

American Electronics store, it apparently went bankrupt.

queeq
Aha..

sweersa
Aha..

Yeah, that is what they get for charging 50 dollars for a Wii component HD cable when I can buy the same thing online for 5 dollars...no lie.

Sadako of Girth
As in boom?

As in disabling it prior to booming it.
Evn that would be regarded as a hostaile move against it.

queeq
And that is a bad thing?

Sadako of Girth
If youre in the being-disabled vehicle, sure.

stick out tongue

queeq
Makes sense.

Jack Daniels
no it doesnt just have a beer..no Im not drunk again...ahh yea I am I cannot lie yes I can anyways I missed kmc ....woohoo!

Jack Daniels
damn I dont remember typing that but okay!

queeq
laughing out loud

Lord Knightfa11
lolol i've done that a few times. it really sucks if you drunkenly debate in the versus forum...

Jack Daniels
Ive done well in the comic versus....had comics scans to back me up...lol..believe I was told I was hated because of my scans..hehehe...wish I had my old star wars comics...that would be kewl...eww on this woman show on tv they talking about chics tucking their boobs into their pants?????????wtf that could ruin my minds constant image of boobs if I saw something like that!..anyways anyone ever seen the adult version comic of hulk vs wonderwoman? Shes got nice boobs!

sweersa
Ive done well in the comic versus....had comics scans to back me up...lol..believe I was told I was hated because of my scans..hehehe...wish I had my old star wars comics...that would be kewl...eww on this woman show on tv they talking about chics tucking their boobs into their pants?????????wtf that could ruin my minds constant image of boobs if I saw something like that!..anyways anyone ever seen the adult version comic of hulk vs wonderwoman? Shes got nice boobs!

Hulk would destroy her.

Hehe.

Jack Daniels
he carried her away on his shoulder..hehe...nuff said!

sweersa
he carried her away on his shoulder..hehe...nuff said!

lol I wonder where he buried her.

Jack Daniels
oh no he had future plans for that babe..lol...if I had high speed I would upload it for you ...pending ID check..lol

sweersa
oh no he had future plans for that babe..lol...if I had high speed I would upload it for you ...pending ID check..lol

Hehehe.

Do you live in a place that doesn't offer any DSL or Cable Internet?

Jack Daniels
yep in the middle of a bunch of land to far out for cable and dsl

sweersa
yep in the middle of a bunch of land to far out for cable and dsl

That stinks. Some of my cousins have the same situation. I think you can get satellite Internet but it is very expensive.

Jack Daniels
$700 to start (for whole deal dish and modem and nic card plus installation) and $99 a month last time I checked...aol long ago used to have a download only satellite for $20 free dish and install but they stopped that right after they upgraded to upload too..lol

sweersa
$700 to start (for whole deal dish and modem and nic card plus installation) and $99 a month last time I checked...aol long ago used to have a download only satellite for $20 free dish and install but they stopped that right after they upgraded to upload too..lol

Ouch! I guess some people that REALLY want broadband would like that.

Anakin_the_Hutt
Anakin Skywalker was the most powerful force user. Palpatine warned Yoda that, "Darth Vader will become more powerful than either of us."

Had crap not gone the way it went down, Darth Vader would've probably ended up like he did in the alternate ending for the ROTS video game; where he defeated Obi-Wan and killed the Emperor.

sweersa
Umm. Okay.

Anakin_the_Hutt
That's right.

sweersa
Originally posted by Anakin_the_Hutt
That's right.

Anakin had the most potential but blew it ultimately, then his sone came into the picture and basically became the most powerful if I am not mistaken.

Anakin_the_Hutt
Yup, Ani blew it. But I don't think Luke was more powerful than Yoda.

Jack Daniels
not in the movie but later in eu and game land he did become the most powerful

Anakin_the_Hutt
Who Luke?

Lord Knightfa11
In eu he became part of the godhead or some madness like that.

Jack Daniels
Mark Hamill goes into history as playing the most powerful biotch ever..lol..not even the old sith can touch him

K-Dog
Did Obi Wan reach his full potential do you think? He was a full Jedi for several years (training and raising Anakin) before he went back to Luke's planet and sat on his butt presumably. Anyway, I was thinking that he was probably number 3 behind Yoda and Mace because he beat Maul (PIS I know), Grievious, and evil Anakin all three which I know were not easy wins, but it gives him more than anyone else. And if we assume (I know this is a bit of a stretch) that since Anakin beat Dooku, and Obi Wan beat Anakin, then Obi Wan was probably very close to Dooku by that point if he would have gone head-to-head the second time.

Jack Daniels
somehow I just think dooku had obi-wans # ....he trained his master so he knew exactly how to deal with obi-wan...IMO

sweersa
somehow I just think dooku had obi-wans # ....he trained his master so he knew exactly how to deal with obi-wan...IMO

I agree. Because Obi-Wan really fights well against Maul and Anakin.

Jack Daniels
the boss said queeq was canon so when I listened to the novel Dooku wanted Obi-Wan ....why would Dooku consider Obi_wan more worthy(no EU thoughts please only novel or if any movie... canon) as the audio novel made out like Dooku had a grandfather jr apprentice thing...but being a wise jedi /sith lord if skywalker was the one shouldnt he have picked up that vibe that skywalker was it..and obiwan was to much of a hippy? Dooku was uber powerful according to Yoda in AOTC...really canon only... cause eu will make me dizzy right now trying to think to hard...eu sw can make anyone disorientated lol..

Grinning Goku
Yoda >/= Sidious > Mace>/= Anakin > Obi Wan

Incanus
DARTH REVAN RULES!!! 1 Darth Revan/Bane/Marka Ragnos 2.Zannah 3.The Jedi Exile 4.Mace Windu/Yoda 5.Anakin/Sidious/Darth Plageuis

Slash_KMC
wut

queeq
EU

darthchucky
wtf

darthchucky
Originally posted by Incanus
DARTH REVAN RULES!!! 1 Darth Revan/Bane/Marka Ragnos 2.Zannah 3.The Jedi Exile 4.Mace Windu/Yoda 5.Anakin/Sidious/Darth Plageuis

You just had to barge in there like that didn't you?

General G
EU

...That's it? That's all? After ALL of that EU in a single post? sad

You are disappointing me as of late...

queeq
People get the the general idea.

Of course, I do my latest PM bombardment.

General G
Not seeing much of a deterrent to stop me from mentioning Revan.

relentless1
Sidious is the strongest, barely nudging out Yoda for the honour of the top dog spot

JediRobin23
Yoda is most powerful. He didn't really lose to Palpatine, he just didn't beat him at the time. Good force is stronger than dark as yoda explains to Luke in esb. Definitely not mace. Mace needs a lightsaber to absorb Palpatines lightning

queeq
Hmmm... well, Yoda said that, but he never proved it.
In the end love was more powerful than the dark side... a mushy conclusion, but Anakin's "attachment" beat the Sith.

relentless1
Yoda didn't beat him because he couldn't beat him at the time is horse shit, he didn't beat Sids because he couldn't, he was given a great showing against the Emperor and thats really as far as it goes.

JediRobin23
If yoda beat him, then the stories over. All good and no need to have ep 4-6. Yay....

queeq
And those were the better movies... can't have those left out. wink

JediRobin23
Well. Maybe, he should have started with ep 1 with jar jar then Star Wars would have definitely been over after ep 1. Unless people in the 70s would have liked it.....

queeq
They were spaced out enough to like him. Unlike the people of the 90s and post-2000.

EmperorSidious2
It's top 5 well here's my list

1. Luke Skywalker

2. Darth Sidious

3. Yoda

4. Jacen Solo

5. Dooku/Darth Vader

NewGuy01
Father, Abeloth, Son, and Daughter.

Aside from them? Palpatine, Vitiate, Luke, Yoda, UnuThul, Starkiller, and Gethzerion/Talzin are all contenders.

Lord Lucien
Which movies were they in?

queeq
Vitiate?????

Bashar Teg
darth jabroni from that old EU book that's no longer valid in any way.

queeq
More EU... tsssss

Bashar Teg
sorry

queeq
There's a place for that sorta thing...

Bashar Teg
well there is no darth jabroni. so there is no place for him.

queeq
Oh good.

Darth Luminous
Originally posted by NewGuy01
and Gethzerion/Talzin

You assume they are one and the same? Didn't Talzin get destroyed in SoD?

queeq
Hellooooo.... go do that somewhere else!

~JP~
Vader, always has been and unless we see something that disproves that in episode 7, it always will be Vader.

Holy cow, I just realized that I have been here 11 years this month.

queeq
Congrats, baby... They were the best 11 years of my life. wink

EmperorSidious2
If it's strictly movies than its Emperor Palpatine

Legends than its Luke Skywalker

quanchi112
Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
If it's strictly movies than its Emperor Palpatine

Legends than its Luke Skywalker Younalways say its a tie between Yoda and Sheev so why change your answer now.

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by quanchi112
Younalways say its a tie between Yoda and Sheev so why change your answer now.

Well becuSe by the time Sidious ascends to emperor palptine by ROTJ I'd say Sidious has succesffully gained enough new knowledge and with that power that he has surpassed yoda.

Thai si proven by how Vader>Dooku. Dooku needed help taking down ROTS Sidious. Vader needed help taking down ROTJ palpatine. This shows a power boost for Sidious something that yoda didn't have. so with that yoda in his ROTS incarnation would be defeated by palpatine in ROTJ. Does this answer your question?

TheNuisanceBird
The most powerful Force sensitive was Anakin. He unfortunately never met his full potential. The most skilled Force wielder is another debate.

Space Opera
More EU... tsssss

I'm over it at this point. If I hear Thrawn one more time I'm going to go apeshit

Space Opera
Originally posted by TheNuisanceBird
The most powerful Force sensitive was Anakin. He unfortunately never met his full potential. The most skilled Force wielder is another debate.

That's interesting because I've never thought of the most force sensitive and most powerful force user being separate. I guess that makes sense because Palpy was a lot more adept at using the force compared to Anakin, especially once he got put in the suit.

relentless1
Darth Sidious hands down

queeq
Sides or Yoda... then again: who cares? wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.