Doomday on Smallville

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
It was announced in June 2008 that Witwer had been cast as Davis Bloome (Aka: Doomsday; the character from the Superman comics, best known for being the only villain to have killed Superman), a charming paramedic, on Smallville.

- wiki

(Samuel Witer is the same guy that voices the Darth Vader's apprentice in "The Force Unleased" star wars video game. They also use his likeness in the game, as well)

Cool. Doomsday? That'll be worth a watch. Even if we don't get to see the monster but just the guy prior to him becoming the (only) person/monster to ever actually kill Superman.

FistOfThe North
Oh yea, he's also in Soul Caliber 4. The dudes exact same picture is in the character selecton screen. (as the apprentice)

wow, imagine being in a video game as an official character with your likeness that comes packaged in retail. (that everyone gets) Good stuff.

So your in the best fighting game on the planet and the best SW game ever 2 come out. Nice.

Bardock42
That might just be the most horrible thing I ever heard

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Bardock42
That might just be the most horrible thing I ever heard

Which part of it?

FistOfThe North
ah. how sweet. the 1st sign of doomsday has just been revealed on tonights show..

Magee
Do they really need to do every thing different, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Nothing will be good about this, expect some crappy 3 minute confrontation followed by plot device for Clark to win. I just know this is going to be horrible.

RevoWution™©®
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
ah. how sweet. the 1st sign of doomsday has just been revealed on tonights show..

I think he just had itchy eyebrows smile

Looks like season 8's gonna be pretty decent after all!

Markus Corvinus
I'm actually really glad they're deciding to go this route with Doomsday, and getting Witwer as Doomsday was a steal. I can't wait to see him & Clark duke it out.

Ordained
i think that they're going to greatly depower him because clark isn't all that he could be rigth now and the writers know that with clark's current status, he wouldn't stand a chance against doomsday

BruceSkywalker
Doomsday will not be good

Raoul
Originally posted by Ordained
i think that they're going to greatly depower him because clark isn't all that he could be rigth now and the writers know that with clark's current status, he wouldn't stand a chance against doomsday

he's afraid of heights, a full powered dd would walk all over him...

Mairuzu
This is just stupid

Markus Corvinus
Not really, it's pretty smart what they're doing, and Clark has shown improvement over the years as a fighter, especially when he fought Titan in season six. In any case, I think Doomsday versus Clark is going to be the best fight of the series yet...whenever it happens.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Markus Corvinus
Not really, it's pretty smart what they're doing, and Clark has shown improvement over the years as a fighter, especially when he fought Titan in season six. In any case, I think Doomsday versus Clark is going to be the best fight of the series yet...whenever it happens.

How is it good? DD fought a grown up Supes. This is going to be stupid. I'd rather see Bizzaro or Darkseid come down and do something equally stupid.

MysteryRidah
We will see how it will start next week. I think doomsday on sv is good and i can't wait until he changes completely , get super powers, explain where he is from, and a all out battle between superman and him fight Happy Dance

Markus Corvinus
Witwer has said we will see something very close to how he's interpreted in the comics, so that'll be cool. Season eight has been good so far (not that Smallville has had any bad seasons, anyway) so I think they'll do Doomsday justice.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Markus Corvinus
Witwer has said we will see something very close to how he's interpreted in the comics, so that'll be cool. Season eight has been good so far (not that Smallville has had any bad seasons, anyway) so I think they'll do Doomsday justice.

If it's close to anything like Comic DD then Clark is going to die hard and fast. Current SV Clark is nothing compared to DOS Supes.

Badabing
Originally posted by Raoul
he's afraid of heights, a full powered dd would walk all over him... Hater! uhuh

I hope they don't mess this up. Smallville has done enough to mess with Superman continuity......though I enjoy the show.

Markus Corvinus
I wouldn't say they've messed up the continuity, they've actually made the character more enjoyable for me. Superman is boring at times, and all through Smallville Clark has been anything but boring for me. Also, I'm inclined to believe that Clark is pulling a JLU Superman type of thing and is holding back because he doesn't want to seriously hurt anyone. If he fights Doomsday, I'm pretty sure he'd be able to go toe to toe with him.

MysteryRidah
Isn't Doomsday from another planet, with super powers?
Or am i missing something?

BruceSkywalker
I hope Witwer is wearing some sort of costume..

I hope we doesn't look like what he did when he was on Battlestar Galactica..

starlock
This makes me happy i stopped watching the show every week...after season 4 i was done and with this news...i am still happy with my choice....some things should be left alone.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by starlock
This makes me happy i stopped watching the show every week...after season 4 i was done and with this news...i am still happy with my choice....some things should be left alone.

QFT

Endrict Nuul
I ran a search for this and found this... dunno if this ep was played or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFCUztFDbvU

Badwolf
I actually do like the story of DD. I feel it refreshing to watch a villain emerge on our screens. And actually see how Davis (who is actually a good guy) deal with it.

I for one can't wait to see how it all turns out.

AlmightyKfish
Anyone seen Bride yet?

Pretty good Doomsday interpretation methinks.

And Clark got owned.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Anyone seen Bride yet?

Pretty good Doomsday interpretation methinks.

And Clark got owned.

He should have..

Next time they meet, Clark will prolly l win though

Raoul
doomsday, i have to say, looked pretty decent. good enough to be in a movie if they made him bigger...

clark is going to SERIOUSLY have to man up...

Mindship
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Anyone seen Bride yet?

I can now say with no doubt that for me the most interesting character in the Smallville series has been Lana Lang. No other character has gone through such extreme, long-term changes as she.

As for Doomsday: it's starting to become somewhat apparent how he's being adapted to the Smallville series universe (is he some kind of Zone phantom?). And what was that bit with Lex(?) having all those wires attached to him?

In any event: with Doomsday coming to town, this is likely going to be Smallville's final season.

ragesRemorse
It's ok to have the Justice League. Superman can fly and use all of his other abilities and he can also fight a giant rock demon from another planet but it would be considered stupid if he wore a cape?

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Badwolf
I actually do like the story of DD. I feel it refreshing to watch a villain emerge on our screens. And actually see how Davis (who is actually a good guy) deal with it.

I for one can't wait to see how it all turns out. I don't think Davis is good anymore. I'm pertty sure, once he realized he can adapt to ways of death, he dropped his goodness angle and started to really become Doomsday.

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
It's ok to have the Justice League. Superman can fly and use all of his other abilities and he can also fight a giant rock demon from another planet but it would be considered stupid if he wore a cape?

The Legion guys were pretty confused about the lack of cape.

But, it did look pretty stupid on Green Arrow.

Jack Daniels
his cape was given by ben in episode ...errr one of em..I just spent hours catching up...They can gain another season or two out of this...I hop ethey dont cancel and leave us hanging though...they have to form the league first...batman..wonderwoman...green lantern...key members...have to be included so he can tell them to stay out of it....but smallville isnt known for following the comics always..lol..IM hyped after knowing this though...this brings new life to smallville for me

Smallville
When I heard about this, I was kind of sceptical. When I was watching it, I was a mixture of sceptical and excited. Now I am more excited then anything.

Tommy Jarvis
They've made Doomsday even more badass, and I'm glad they decided to implement the character onto Smallville. Sam Witwer is the man.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.