Orion vs Gamora

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Great Galen
Who takes it?

Harbinger
The Dog of War.

Bouboumaster
One clean shot of the Godslayer and it's over.

CaptainStoic
Without the harness Gamora would be very difficult to be scored on by Orion, and even if he did connect it wouldn't be enough to put her down. She took heavy hits by Ronan, and he has surpassed the Things might, and held it together against Ravenous.

When Gamora faced off against Ronan she won that fight on points, if a point system were in place.

In my honest opinion Ronan would give Orion a hell of a fight, he'd lose but it wouldn't be a stomp.

My thoughts on Gamora's chances of beating Orion are more in favor of Orion, but he would have to tag her for the win, while she is more than capable of tagging him a dozen times to one.

Orion 6/10

vansonbee
Orion might have better chance against super level characters with his standard Equipment, but Gamora aint standing around to get hit. She aiming to kill Orion in close H2H combat. 8/10 to Gamora

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by vansonbee
Orion might have better chance against super level characters with his standard Equipment, but Gamora aint standing around to get hit. She aiming to kill Orion in close H2H combat. 8/10 to Gamora

Gamora is Super Human these days though, her pinpoint attacks would hurt the stoutist of opponents, she once put the Thing down with one pressure strike.

The Great Galen
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
Without the harness Gamora would be very difficult to be scored on by Orion, and even if he did connect it wouldn't be enough to put her down. She took heavy hits by Ronan, and he has surpassed the Things might, and held it together against Ravenous.

When Gamora faced off against Ronan she won that fight on points, if a point system were in place.

In my honest opinion Ronan would give Orion a hell of a fight, he'd lose but it wouldn't be a stomp.

My thoughts on Gamora's chances of beating Orion are more in favor of Orion, but he would have to tag her for the win, while she is more than capable of tagging him a dozen times to one.

Orion 6/10

Although we have to keep in mind Orions tremendous strenght advantage over her, he has stalemated supes and at times even gotten the better of him...if not im mistaken he also defeated a fighter whom was considered the greated MA in all of DC. He also sole'd a group of new god fighters...keep in mind one of these same new gods was giving Supes some problems. Point being is that her wins over Thing,ronan while impressive dont give me the impressive she could mount a effect offense agaisnt him. IMO he takes a complete 10/10 agaisnt her.

fangirl101
Orion. He's as good a fighter as she is, but with super speed, and superman level strength.

The Great Galen
Thats exactly my point, whatever gap between there h2h exist his superman level strength/speed/durability make up for and keep in mind I doubt the h2h gap is that wide.

skyfather
gamora

Allankles
Orion 10/10. He's on an entirely different scale to Gamora.

CaptainStoic
This ultimate badassness that pure DC fans seem to have is a myth, Orion is not some undefeatable character.

Gamora can hurt him. Gamora can take hits from class 100's and get up without a problem.

Orion is not a speedster so this kind of misrepresentation should stop, or show proof that I have never seen. Superman can be considered a speedster Orion can't.

I have never seen Orion fly without his harness, or move a light speed without it either.

rotiart
This ultimate badassness that pure DC fans seem to have is a myth, Orion is not some undefeatable character.

Gamora can hurt him. Gamora can take hits from class 100's and get up without a problem.

Orion is not a speedster so this kind of misrepresentation should stop, or show proof that I have never seen. Superman can be considered a speedster Orion can't.

I have never seen Orion fly without his harness, or move a light speed without it either.

Gamora is the deadliest woman in the universe... I mean... for christ sakes her guardian was thanos. She grew up fighting a guy and being able to hold her hold against a guy who takes on like the hulk and thor at the same time. She has also had apparent cybernetic upgrades that make her probably spiderman level strength... but with all those pressure points... oh.. and need we forget her healing factor...

I still think Orion takes it.. but more like 6/10. A good shot from Orion could probably oneshot Gamora.. but she'd have to use a lot more speed and finesse to eventually take down Orion.

manx422
according 2 new status, orion is the god of combat
orion 10/10

Faux Smurph
Gamora can take hits from class 100's and get up without a problem. Where?

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by fangirl101
Orion. He's as good a fighter as she is, but with super speed, and superman level strength.

As good... as who!?

Endless Mike
Orion

The Great Galen

How can Gamora hurt him exactly, Orion has solo'ed a group of insane new gods warriors whom are all approaching Supes level of power without serious injury. Orion isnt the typical class 100 fighter either, he did stalemate a enraged sun-amped Supes who was generally outclassing the JL and he even stood up better agaisnt a FP darkseid then supes ever has. He oneshotted Kalibak and defeated the deep six which were a group of Darkseids elite.

The point ur missing is that his h2h skill are good enough to defeat a character whom was said by the narrative as being the greatest MA warrior in the universe. Even if his travelling speed isnt light speed his h2h speed are easily equal to top tier h2h chars, need I remind u he did handle himself rather nicly agaisnt mantis and IT.

The Great Galen
Originally posted by manx422
according 2 new status, orion is the god of combat
orion 10/10

Correct, he did afterall defeat slig who was stated as being a class 100 and his army of mutant sea creatures.

quanchi112
Orion wins.

Bouboumaster
Orion wins, but still, Gamora could win too.

The Great Galen
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Orion wins, but still, Gamora could win too.

Im still waiting for someone to explain this....its very doubtful she could even take WW.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by The Great Galen
Im still waiting for someone to explain this....its very doubtful she could even take WW.

One good shot from Godslayer and it's over.

vansonbee
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
One good shot from Godslayer and it's over.

Train by Thanos to be his depenable right hand.

Gamora could easily hit Orion Vital spots to kill. laughing

Aster Phoenix
She's a faster, very skilled fighter with a God killing weapon. I'd give this to Gamora.

The Great Galen
Hitting his vital points, well if ur suggesting she can stand up to a sun amp supes and actually stalemate him then yeah I suppose. Or if we actually apply some common sense he takes it 10/10

Aster Phoenix
You mean if we apply your opinion.

Faster, very well trained, and has a weapon that kills gods (Orion's still a god right?)

Logic favors Gamora here.

The Great Galen
Orion defeated DC's greated MA fighter, has superman level strength/durability and is quick enough to constantly hold his own agaisnt top tier speedsters...assuming Gamor doesnt get oneshotted she doesnt have a chance.

Aster Phoenix
Orion defeated DC's greated MA fighter
Who was that?

When was this?

Allankles
Why are people talking about Gamora's speed like Orion is some slow brick. Orion is faster than Gamora, Gamora's speed is not a factor in this fight. Orion 10/10 He could one shot her he's a lot stronger (this goes without saying), he also way more powerful with the astro force. Way more durable.

They don't call him the "Dog of War" for nothing, his strength lies in wading into the heart of battle. His aggressive emotions give him even greater stamina and resiliance. If Gamora faced Orion her best bet would be to try and escape, because she'd get messed up without any doubt. I like these two as characters, but there's no contest here, Orion would tear through her.

The Great Galen
Well she did speedblitz Thanos but then again does thanos have great combat speed. Its a non factor because he has already match top tiers...i dont know wat the argument is.

Aster Phoenix
Who has Orion speedblitzed?

It's a simple question really.

Desaad
Originally posted by Aster Phoenix
Who has Orion speedblitzed?

It's a simple question really.

He's speedblitzed Darkseid, a troop of Dog Soldiers, an army of bugs, a group of humans and I would say 'skill blitzed' Valkryie, who is basically the equivalent of Gamora (Martial Arts master of New Genesis).

The difference, by the way, between Darkseid and Thanos is that Darkseid has actually SHOWN speed and skill -- in the Orion battle especially. Thanos was ridiculously slow and unskilled.

What skilled opponent has Gamora really 'speed blitzed'?

Aster Phoenix
She's dodged blows from Ravenous, Ronan, Thanos.

All she needs is one good shot with the Godslayer. Unless you can prove otherwise, I don't see Orion stopping that from happening.

Bouboumaster
Orion 9/10.

But still, Gamora CAN win. She's probably a better fighter (a lot better!) that Orion (Martial artist on a cosmic scale), have a HF on par with Godverine and have a deadly weapon that can hurt/kill herald lvler.

KuRuPT Thanosi
This whole nonsense about Orion being faster then Gamora is a joke to say the least. She clearly has the h2h skill advantage and even the speed advantage. Even if it's not a huge gap she's still slightly superior. I think Orion wins the majority here but lets not act like it's Orion in a stomp when she clearly has some advantages plus the godslayer which with her combat speed I'm sure could dodge some orion punches and hit him with it.

Orion 8/10

Endless Mike
How is she even going to touch Orion when she can't fly, he could just blast her from space

Aster Phoenix
Forum rules states that they start in front of each other no more then .5k away.

Desaad
Wait, so he has access to the Astro Force as well?

Orion 10/10, seriously.

I thought this was a hand to hand battle. The best 'speed blitzes' you can come up with for Gamora just barely match what we've seen from Orion. They are all against foes that have zero super speed on their own. She isn't half as strong as him, isn't half as durable as he is.

Ronan took her down, along with her furies, Orion should be able to do the same even easier.

Soljer
Originally posted by Desaad

Orion 10/10, seriously.

I thought this was a hand to hand battle. The best 'speed blitzes' you can come up with for Gamora just barely match what we've seen from Orion. They are all against foes that have zero super speed on their own. She isn't half as strong as him, isn't half as durable as he is.

Ronan took her down, along with her furies, Orion should be able to do the same even easier.

Astro knows what he's talking about.

The Great Galen

Orion 10/10, seriously.

Exactly, Orion already defeated a character similar to Gamora. With the exception of h2h skill which may slightly favor her, he is vastly her superior in every other respect...not even closly contested if u ask me. Watever slight advantage she has in h2h skill and even combat speed wouldn't narrow his other glarring advantages. As it's already been shown, Orion has speedblitz on opponents with fairly exceptional reflex...not to mention he single handily did slay a group of powerful new gods whom are all hovering on top tier levels. Orion 10/10

quanchi112
Originally posted by Soljer
Astro knows what he's talking about. Is desaad Astro on herochat?

KuRuPT Thanosi
So, Galan your telling me with her h2h skill and being very good and dodging and counter punching that she couldn't hit Orion with the God Slayer at least once. It quite clear that Orion can be hit and has been hit by various people. I believe Orion takes the majority but in no way does Orion have superior combat speed or h2h skill and I feel that Gamora quick reflexes and counter punching she's shown could surely get her a victory or two.

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
So, Galan your telling me with her h2h skill and being very good and dodging and counter punching that she couldn't hit Orion with the God Slayer at least once. It quite clear that Orion can be hit and has been hit by various people. I believe Orion takes the majority but in no way does Orion have superior combat speed or h2h skill and I feel that Gamora quick reflexes and counter punching she's shown could surely get her a victory or two.

This is ridiculous Gamora is the more agile of these two, she would be the one dropping bombs on Orions big ass, not the other way around. Yes she would be able to hit him.

Gamora got the title of most dangerous woman in the universe for more reasons than the fact that shes drawn as a super hot chick. She's agile enough to kick Orion in his face as a feint and be behind him stabbing him in the back (as seen when she squared off against Thanos).

When she sparred with Thanos he was unable to hit her even once, and had to use subterfuge in order to grab her. If she was out to kill Orion trust me, he would be hurting after the dust settled.

Orion would take a slight majority over her but he wouldn't be using her as a punching bag. Maxam sparred with her to no avail, she one shotted the Thing, and Rage with a nerve strike, and took heavy hits from Ronan without slowing down.

Orion is not steam rolling this chick.

Orion may have had his way with a bootleg Gamora but she was cleary inferior. Just because Night Thrasher has great moves doesn't mean he's taking Batman, for example.

TricksterPriest
Just one little problem. Orion has an unbreakable forcefield when he's using the astro force. When his shields are up, they've never been broken.

quanchi112
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Just one little problem. Orion has an unbreakable forcefield when he's using the astro force. When his shields are up, they've never been broken. That doesnt mean they couldnt be broken. no expression

Do you have any proof of a character trying to break these unbreakable fields in the form of a scan?

The Great Galen
This is ridiculous Gamora is the more agile of these two, she would be the one dropping bombs on Orions big ass, not the other way around. Yes she would be able to hit him.

Gamora got the title of most dangerous woman in the universe for more reasons than the fact that shes drawn as a super hot chick. She's agile enough to kick Orion in his face as a feint and be behind him stabbing him in the back (as seen when she squared off against Thanos).

When she sparred with Thanos he was unable to hit her even once, and had to use subterfuge in order to grab her. If she was out to kill Or

The Great Galen

When she sparred with Thanos he was unable to hit her even once, and had to use subterfuge in order to grab her. If she was out to kill Orion trust me, he would be hurting after the dust settled.

Orion would take a slight majority over her but he wouldn't be using her as a punching bag. Maxam sparred with her to no avail, she one shotted the Thing, and Rage with a nerve strike, and took heavy hits from Ronan without slowing down.

Orion may have had his way with a bootleg Gamora but she was cleary inferior. Just because Night Thrasher has great moves doesn't mean he's taking Batman, for example.

The Great Galen

Shit sorry for the tripple post, damn computer is acting wonky and I cant delete my previous psot for some reason. Anyhow on to the topic...

Thanos not being able to tag her in combat isnt exactly a impressive feat...Thanos is not a speedster in h2h combat nor is he some accomplished MA. Secondly, Orion has oneshotted kali and stalemated a enraged sun amped supes that was outclassing the JL...i dont know how many times i need to get that point accross. He pwned slig whom is a certified class 100 in addition to all of his mutant creatures and sole'd a group of new gods whom were all approaching top tier levels...this is evident by the fact that one of the same newgods was giving supes some trouble.

Orion already defeated a character identical to Gamora...and exaclty what feats does she have over someone as powerful as Orion. Watever h2h ability or combat speed advantage she does have and remeber thats a big IF wouldnt matter because he literally dwarfs her in all other aspects. She is complelty out of her leauge here.

The Great Galen
Just one little problem. Orion has an unbreakable forcefield when he's using the astro force. When his shields are up, they've never been broken.

Another little problem, Orion blitz DS...DS who in turn is capable of this http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/NewGodsv310-19.jpg

CaptainStoic
Another little problem, Orion blitz DS...DS who in turn is capable of this http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/NewGodsv310-19.jpg

Now now, what have we been talking about on KMC since the dawn of whatever?

Flight speed does not equate to combat speed, without the harness Orion has yet to be seen moving faster than Beta Ray Bill while not flying. Let's not try to make it seem like Orion is so fast that he can vibrate the corpuscles in his body to make it nearly impossible to lay a finger on him.

Also noted is that any martial artist knows that if the same style opposes the same style, the person that wins will be the more adept fighter.... being from an entirely different universe would suggest that Gamora's fighting style is not the same as Kali's... and Thanos is an accompilshed martial artist, and swordsman.

Like i said Gamora would lose but she would give orion hell. before she went down.

The Great Galen
Now now, what have we been talking about on KMC since the dawn of whatever?

Flight speed does not equate to combat speed, without the harness Orion has yet to be seen moving faster than Beta Ray Bill while not flying. Let's not try to make it seem like Orion is so fast that he can vibrate the corpuscles in his body to make it nearly impossible to lay a finger on him.

Also noted is that any martial artist knows that if the same style opposes the same style, the person that wins will be the more adept fighter.... being from an entirely different universe would suggest that Gamora's fighting style is not the same as Kali's... and Thanos is an accompilshed martial artist, and swordsman.

Like i said Gamora would lose but she would give orion hell. before she went down.

Give him hell...considering a group of new gods or slig or even mantis did I doubt she will. On that note the scan I provided was just to demonstrate DS movement, he has already stated to react in nanosecons and even backhanded a charging Supes who just a few seconds before speedblitz him. There still isnt anything to suggest she has a advantage in combat speed or h2h skill and I seriously doubt she could trade blows with Supes and even a FP DS and come away unharmed. He is above her in the sameway WWH is above Thing.

joshypooh
Shit sorry for the tripple post, damn computer is acting wonky and I cant delete my previous psot for some reason. Anyhow on to the topic...

Thanos not being able to tag her in combat isnt exactly a impressive feat...Thanos is not a speedster in h2h combat nor is he some accomplished MA. Secondly, Orion has oneshotted kali and stalemated a enraged sun amped supes that was outclassing the JL...i dont know how many times i need to get that point accross. He pwned slig whom is a certified class 100 in addition to all of his mutant creatures and sole'd a group of new gods whom were all approaching top tier levels...this is evident by the fact that one of the same newgods was giving supes some trouble.

Orion already defeated a character identical to Gamora...and exaclty what feats does she have over someone as powerful as Orion. Watever h2h ability or combat speed advantage she does have and remeber thats a big IF wouldnt matter because he literally dwarfs her in all other aspects. She is complelty out of her leauge here. Uxas has never demonstrated anything resembling combat speed.

Mindset
Well Trickster said Orion has an unbreakable forcefield, and if Trickster said it then it must be true.

So Orion wins.

Desaad

I'm arguing that with the Astro Harness, which allows flight, and the Astro Force, which allows him to kill her without ever touching her, and with his skill and combat speed and strength that any blow she is going to get on him is going to be glancing and not a death blow.

Recall, the Magus was certainly able to stop that blow without much issue and I don't believe it's ever actually hit anyone and worked.

Desaad
Originally posted by joshypooh
Uxas has never demonstrated anything resembling combat speed.

Sure he has. In his battle with Orion, and the fact that he moved faster than Superman could see, grabbing him by the throat.

Desaad

Haha, WHAT?

Proof, please.

quanchi112
Sure he has. In his battle with Orion, and the fact that he moved faster than Superman could see, grabbing him by the throat. We dont know how fast Orion and Darkseid were moving at. Sure he is quick. But,I dont think he posesses the same combat speed we have seen Superman possess. Plenty of other characters have caught Superman off guard who dont possess superspeed. Just because they do,we dont assume they have superspeed as well.

vansonbee
Originally posted by quanchi112
We dont know how fast Orion and Darkseid were moving at. Sure he is quick. But,I dont think he posesses the same combat speed we have seen Superman possess. Plenty of other characters have caught Superman off guard who dont possess superspeed. Just because they do,we dont assume they have superspeed as well.

True that, its like DBZ. Watching the part where Freiza fighting SSJ1 Goku look faster then SSJ3 Goku fighting Buu, they just slowed it down for viewers to see that all. Same with comic's.

Make the dramatic effect great.

True Orion was speed blitzing Dog warrior of DS, but they were only superior to average human sense's... Superman would of seen how slow DS and Orion was traveling... " eh I see you" Happy Dance lolz

Desaad
We dont know how fast Orion and Darkseid were moving at. Sure he is quick. But,I dont think he posesses the same combat speed we have seen Superman possess. Plenty of other characters have caught Superman off guard who dont possess superspeed. Just because they do,we dont assume they have superspeed as well.

Have you ever seen a without super speed character move so fast that Superman couldn't see them move, that he specifically said so?

I'd love to see a reference for that.

And the speed lines should make it clear what was going on in the Orion/Darkseid fight. It was super speed, even if it wasn't light or anything like that.

It's certainly more impressive than ANYTHING we have EVER seen from Thanos, speed wise.

Its not as if it takes a character with a large amount of skill or speed to keep Gamora away. She's made it clear that she wouldn't have been able to get past the Thing if Sasquatch hadn't held him for her to deliver a nerve strike, and Wolverine stalemated her and then managed to stick her in the stomach when something happened that distracted her.

quanchi112
Have you ever seen a without super speed character move so fast that Superman couldn't see them move, that he specifically said so?

And the speed lines should make it clear what was going on in the Orion/Darkseid fight. It was super speed, even if it wasn't light or anything like that.

It's certainly more impressive than ANYTHING we have EVER seen from Thanos, speed wise.

Its not as if it takes a character with a large amount of skill or speed to keep Gamora away. She's made it clear that she wouldn't have been able to get past the Thing if Sasquatch hadn't held him for her to deliver a nerve strike, and Wolverine stalemated her and then managed to stick her in the stomach when something happened that distracted her. What exactly are you referring to?

They were moving quickly but nowhere near close to superspeed imo. We both disagree,but there is nothing to suggest you are right here.

Thanos doesnt have blazing speed,but we have never seen a fast character beat him,ever.

Orion wins. Im not disagreeing what that.

Desaad
What exactly are you referring to?

I'm referring to the two showings I just mentioned. The Thing was apparently too tough and durable for her to get to, and Wolverine stalemated and then shanked her.

With characters bouncing around like that, speed lines everywhere, energy crackling as a result and the fact that Orion has super speed, it's pretty obvious that super speed was being used.

Why would Orion fight at anything less than optimum?

Actually the Runner handily beat him.

And Gamora totally out classed him, speed and skill wise, and we just established she is no faster or more skilled than Wolverine, and not fast enough to get close enough to Ben Grimm to do any damage.

Enyalus
Kicking Drax so hard in the stomach that he vomitted up the Power Gem?

You've established that where, exactly? Considering she has continuously shown higher combat reflexes than Wolverine and her biography states that she has mastered 84% of the all the universe's known martial arts and weapons skills. I would say that trumps Wolverine's H2H knowledge by a fair amount. Toss in Venom-level strength, her ability to take on and badly outclass Herald-level characters (her owning of Terrax comes to mind), a healing factor equal to Wolverine's, and a dagger capable of slaying gods that even Thanos fears...

I say she can at least split their battles, 5/10. This would be a fantastic match. I also highly doubt it would be in Orion's character to sit back and blast her using his Astro Harness from afar. He's much more honorable than that and would probably look forward to so competent and skilled an opponent, seeing it as an opportunity to test his martial arts ability.

quanchi112
I'm referring to the two showings I just mentioned. The Thing was apparently too tough and durable for her to get to, and Wolverine stalemated and then shanked her.

With characters bouncing around like that, speed lines everywhere, energy crackling as a result and the fact that Orion has super speed, it's pretty obvious that super speed was being used.

Why would Orion fight at anything less than optimum?

Actually the Runner handily beat him.

And Gamora totally out classed him, speed and skill wise, and we just established she is no faster or more skilled than Wolverine, and not fast enough to get close enough to Ben Grimm to do any damage. When did I say that Gamora could beat Orion?

Speculation. He was moving quickly,but nothing more.

Why wouldnt Orion always fight with superspeed,he nor Darkseid used superspeed in countdown 2.

The runner had the space gem. He was subconsciously tapping into it.

Gamora and Thanos werent out for blood. Thanos was only faking injury. cant you see that?

CaptainStoic

Its not as if it takes a character with a large amount of skill or speed to keep Gamora away. She's made it clear that she wouldn't have been able to get past the Thing if Sasquatch hadn't held him for her to deliver a nerve strike, and Wolverine stalemated her and then managed to stick her in the stomach when something happened that distracted her.

Let me let the air out of all of this Darkseid hitting a speeding Superman junk.

Thanos was unable to lay a finger on Gamora, speed is one thing but the ability to use that speed to ones advantage is clearly another.(McGwire hit balls travelling much faster than he himself could move).

Let's go back wayyy back. The Silver Surfer makes Superman look like a turtle being able to traverse a light year in one second, and he has done such in the Infinity Gauntlet. The Surfer attempted to remove the Infinity Gauntlet from Thanos while Thanos was unaware, Thanos reacted with nanosecond speed as well by pulling his arm out of the way.

Thanos was unable to lay a glove on the graceful Gamora.

Orion without his harness would have a very difficult time laying a glove on Gamora.

According to the battle that Gamora had with Ronan during the Annihilation, she is far stronger than she used to be. Someone stated that she had Spiderman level strength, now unless the writers were wrong, in her battle with Ronan she demonstrated at the very least having Namor level strength.

Desaad
When did I say that Gamora could beat Orion?

I never said that you did.

They were clearly fighting as fast as they could, and moving at great speeds - the Speed lines alone indicate this.

That being the case, we know from Simonson's portrayal of Orion that he DID have super speed.

Which means they were fighting at super speed. Again, not Superman level super speed, but super speed.

Yeah. To become FASTER.

A super speed character beat Thanos.

Yes. I can also see that he was genuinely trying to hit her, as indicated by Drax and Adam Warlock. The outcome of the battle is not in contention; the implications of the way it played out, with Thanos unable to lay a gloved hand on her, or an energy blast on her, is obvious to anyone who goes into it with eyes open.

She wasn't powerful enough to seriously take down or hurt Thanos. But she was fast enough, skilled enough and strong enough to avoid everything he was doing and even get a little blood here and there.

Desaad
Let me let the air out of all of this Darkseid hitting a speeding Superman junk.

Thanos was unable to lay a finger on Gamora, speed is one thing but the ability to use that speed to ones advantage is clearly another.(McGwire hit balls travelling much faster than he himself could move).

Let's go back wayyy back. The Silver Surfer makes Superman look like a turtle being able to traverse a light year in one second, and he has done such in the Infinity Gauntlet. The Surfer attempted to remove the Infinity Gauntlet from Thanos while Thanos was unaware, Thanos reacted with nanosecond speed as well by pulling his arm out of the way.

Haha, while he had the Infinity Gauntlet, yes he did.

Point being?

Thanos was also able to turn Thor into a bunch of blocks, and remove Starfox's mouth and, eventually, take on Eternity.

That's hardly any indication of what he could normally accomplish.

Or, she was skilled enough to hurt Ronan with that Spiderman level strength. Recall, Spiderman has knocked out the Rhino, fought Firelord, Thor, etc with that level of strength before and without the Godslayer weapon.

CaptainStoic
Haha, while he had the Infinity Gauntlet, yes he did.

Point being?

Thanos was also able to turn Thor into a bunch of blocks, and remove Starfox's mouth and, eventually, take on Eternity.

That's hardly any indication of what he could normally accomplish.

Or, she was skilled enough to hurt Ronan with that Spiderman level strength. Recall, Spiderman has knocked out the Rhino, fought Firelord, Thor, etc with that level of strength before and without the Godslayer weapon.

I knew you were going to attempt to play that card, but at the time of said incident Thanos had already depowered himself to make the battle more enjoyble for himself, at the time he was utilising the Power Gem only.

Gamora and Ronan were tearing up the mountainside, this is stronger than Spiderman level strength.

TricksterPriest
Thanos himself said they only had a .5% chance of winning, and that he still had infinite power, just not omniscience and sensory imput from the other gems. So stop BSing.

Gamora has Iron Man level strength, which is still jackshit compared to Orion.

Desaad
I knew you were going to attempt to play that card, but at the time of said incident Thanos had already depowered himself to make the battle more enjoyble for himself, at the time he was utilising the Power Gem only.

Even if that were true, which it is not exactly, the power gem would increase one's speed. Thats, like, the nature of being MORE POWERFUL.

That said, that is incorrect. He cut off his omniscience, all the sensory abilities, but he still had all the varied powers. Which is why he was able to turn Thor into that bunch of blocks or remove Star Fox's mouth.

Not necessarily, no. Collateral damage between two people fight, one of whom is much stronger than the other (Ronan), is hard to judge. If it had been an equal fight in terms of strength we would have something to go off of.

Desaad
Thanos himself said they only had a .5% chance of winning, and that he still had infinite power, just not omniscience and sensory imput from the other gems. So stop BSing.

Gamora has Iron Man level strength, which is still jackshit compared to Orion.

Even after she made the comment about having Iron Man level strength, she still admitted she couldn't have gotten past Ben Grimm's strength, and was still stalemated and then defeated by Wolverine.

CaptainStoic
The Silver Surfer travered an entire light year in one second, Thanos said that he has depowered himself to only using the power gem, I am not making up stories.

How fast do you have to be going to move an entire light year in one second? Let's think on this before answering ok.

I was making a point on the fact that a character does not have to be moving at Super speed to tag a super speedster (Mark McGwire hit baseballs that move many times his own speed).

Darkseid calculated Supermans speed, and was able to tag him.

Thanos reacted at the last moment possible and avoided being derailed, and he did not have any level of precognition as to what Warlock and Surfer had planned.

Gamora struck Thanos many times without being hit, the same Thanos able to react to the Surfer bullrush, and avoid defeat.

Gamora would be able to avoid 90% of Orions attacks if we are to go by his showings vs Thanos'.

Thanos would destroy Orion in pitched combat, this is a fact. Thanos would also destroy Superman, who is Orion's better by the slightest of margins.

Gamora would lose, but don't try to make it look like Orion is the Juggernaut, and could not be affected by Gamora, because you come off looking like the one BSing.

TricksterPriest
I think that was before a later upgrade, cause I've seen her throw tanks around.

Is Bengy historically stronger than Iron Man?

Desaad
I think that was before a later upgrade, cause I've seen her throw tanks around.

It wasn't. That comment, the Iron Man comment, was made during Warlock and the Infinity Watch and was in reference to the upgrade she got when Adam Warlock resurrected them in Infinity Gauntlet.

The events I'm referring to occurred during Infinity Crusade, which was much much later.

Desaad
The Silver Surfer travered an entire light year in one second, Thanos said that he has depowered himself to only using the power gem, I am not making up stories.

I'm not saying you're making it up; I'm saying you're mistaken. It's a common mistake, in part because it's become something of a board myth, but its the truth. Take a look at the issue for yourself and you'll see that I'm right.

That is straight line moving speed, of course, which someone in this thread had just discounted.

Of course one doesn't need to be. Guys like Captain Boomerang, Green Arrow, Hawkeye, Deathstroke and Batman do it all the time. But they generally do it by anticipating where someone is going to be, or through trickery.

Huh? Calculated his speed?

He grabbed Superman (Byrne Supes, admittedly) so fast that Superman couldn't see him. There is no getting around that.

But he was still omnipotent.

Generalities don't work for me.

What specifically leads you to this conclusion? What showings?

All of that is an opinion, not a fact. Its your opinion, based upon the limited number of facts that you know. It can't be a fact until it actually happens, and even then it's not a fact that it will happen the same way each and every time.

The second sentence is even more of a fact, given that Orion has stalemated or had the advantage in every battle he's ever had with Superman.

What? Either you're willfully ignoring my arguments, or you don't understand them.

I'll summarize, and then I'm done because at this point it's becoming clear that you aren't bringing in any actual facts, showings, issues, nothing.

1. Orion has the Astro Harness for this. He could stay above and fry her, destroy her, before she has a chance to do anything. She can't fly. She can't teleport. She has no way to reach him. His long ranged attacks are powerful and allow for a 'scorched earth' strategy.

2. Barring that, if they were to engage in hand to hand combat, Orion is incredibly skilled and incredibly fast, in addition to being much stronger and more invulnerable than she. We've seen Gamora admit to being unable to hurt beings less skilled, slower, weaker and less durable than Orion without major help (The Thing), and we've seen her stalemated by a being much weaker and less durable (Wolverine).

It's not an issue of Orion having Juggernaut level durability. It's an issue of these things combined equally little to no chance of her winning.

Red Hulk
Even after she made the comment about having Iron Man level strength, she still admitted she couldn't have gotten past Ben Grimm's strength, and was still stalemated and then defeated by Wolverine. That's the same as when someone one-punches someone and says "He's a tough guy!".
Plus, she's never fought Ben before, so why would she know anything about him in that aspect?

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/Crusades-05-35.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/Crusades-05-36.jpg

TricksterPriest
But she was still easily taken out by a shot to the gut, even if it was a sucker hit.

Orion is much more durable and has a stronger healing factor. Wolverine wouldn't have the arm strength to hurt him as he was able to do to Gamora.

Endless Mike
This is still going on?

How is she even going to touch him, if he flies into orbit at the speed of light in the beginning of the fight and blows up the planet or something?

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Endless Mike
This is still going on?

How is she even going to touch him, if he flies into orbit at the speed of light in the beginning of the fight and blows up the planet or something?

But she has teh trainin from THANOS!1!111!! thanduros

Red Hulk
But she was still easily taken out by a shot to the gut, even if it was a sucker hit.

Orion is much more durable and has a stronger healing factor. Wolverine wouldn't have the arm strength to hurt him as he was able to do to Gamora. Was that the point?

Also, that's complete ABC logic, and Orion doesn't have adamantium claws in his knuckles anyway.

Plus, that's pretty much completely irrelevant to current Gamora anyway...

Desaad
Originally posted by Red Hulk
That's the same as when someone one-punches someone and says "He's a tough guy!".

What?

One is an expression, the other is a flat statement about what she was or was not capable of doing.

Totally different.

Obviously she had taken his measure during the course of the fight and decided that, yes, she was incapable of getting to him.

It's right there on the page, nothing to interpret.

Red Hulk
What?

One is an expression, the other is a flat statement about what she was or was not capable of doing.

Totally different.

Obviously she had taken his measure during the course of the fight and decided that, yes, she was incapable of getting to him.

It's right there on the page, nothing to interpret. It's akin. And she was pretty much giving Sassy his dues with the help of distracting such a 'big fisted' opponent.
Either way, the mere notion of the comment makes no sense even if we do hold onto it for dear life.

Gamora can't get by Thing's monstrous fist? I don't see how her saying this means anything... unless we ignore her entire history. Plus, this statement holds no relevance in this thread even if true.

What fight? Aren't you the one who was using Gamora fighting Thanos as evidence that Thanos can't fight? Thanos certainly is bigger than Thing. Don't you see a problem?

If you're talking about the Wolverine/Gamora fight, then there isn't anything to interpet. It was a one/two panel fight that ended with Gamora getting cheapshotted. Hell they were pretty much hitting each other's weapons in the one panel we did see. I don't see how this is supposed to mean anything.

quanchi112
I never said that you did.

They were clearly fighting as fast as they could, and moving at great speeds - the Speed lines alone indicate this.

That being the case, we know from Simonson's portrayal of Orion that he DID have super speed.

Which means they were fighting at super speed. Again, not Superman level super speed, but super speed.

Yeah. To become FASTER.

A super speed character beat Thanos.

Yes. I can also see that he was genuinely trying to hit her, as indicated by Drax and Adam Warlock. The outcome of the battle is not in contention; the implications of the way it played out, with Thanos unable to lay a gloved hand on her, or an energy blast on her, is obvious to anyone who goes into it with eyes open.

She wasn't powerful enough to seriously take down or hurt Thanos. But she was fast enough, skilled enough and strong enough to avoid everything he was doing and even get a little blood here and there. Ok,so why are you arguing with me about Gamora and Orion then.

No,they werent. They were moving quickly,but how quickly we will never know. The point is isnt as quick as Supes and we just dont know. So,lets quit arguing about it. Our minds are made up.

The space gem gave him the ability to mentally teleport. That has nothing to do with speed. Sure,he is very,very fast,but the space gem gave him an unfair advantage. Space gem makes ya faster than any flash.

And? Thanos killed her once. Captain Marvel has danced around Thanos as well,but he didnt best him in combat. Sooner or later Thanos is going to connect. His durability can take Odin blasts. So,I feel that it is safe to say he is quite durable.

quanchi112
That's the same as when someone one-punches someone and says "He's a tough guy!".
Plus, she's never fought Ben before, so why would she know anything about him in that aspect?

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/Crusades-05-35.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/Crusades-05-36.jpg And she stalemated Ronan who would annihilate the Thing. His whole argument rests on comparing Gamora to the Thing and Wolverine. Hell,I never said that Gamora could even beat Orion.

Allankles
People are of course overestimating Gamora's agility and skill. Orion is himself quite agile and skillful in combat, the differences in those departments between the two is negligible IMO. Beyond that Orion has more than one way of winning the fight.

Desaad
It's akin.

It's really not.

If I say I can't do something...that generally means I can't do it. If I say 'You're tough!' thats an exclamation of your formidability, but in no way indicates my ability or inability to defeat you.

Haha, so you've got nothing to back yourself up at all? This is all conjecture on your part, that goes against the statement itself?

You're scrambling for any way to discount this, but we both know that it stands. She said what she said and meant it, clearly. Was Sasquatch just giving Thing his due, too?

No, because I accept that showings are going to be different under different circumstances, due to the needs of the story. I don't discount that. Gamora's showing against Thanos was undoubtedly a high one. The best conclusion we can draw from the comparison is that Ben Grimm is a better fighter than Thanos.

The fight was supposed to have taken place for a bit off panel, then she gets distracted and Wolverine cheapshots her (this, of course, is also an indictment of her battle focus as Wolverine DIDN'T get distracted and she did).

Desaad
Ok,so why are you arguing with me about Gamora and Orion then.

You're agreeing with the outcome, but misinterpreting the evidence. I'm correcting you on that.

What bothers me is that all you have is your opinion. I have in comic evidence, the nature of the scene itself. What you've got is...well, you don't want it to be true, because it is something that Darkseid would have over Thanos.

Do you see why I am harping on all this? You desperately deny everything because of what it might mean for your pet character. That bothers me.

Proof that the Runner was faster than the Flash with the space gem, please?

Yeah, Mar-Vell actually gave Pre-Res Thanos some trouble as well. Those are two very weak characters, but they were both able to give Thanos some trouble with speed and skill. Gamora drew blood. Mar-Vell was knocking Thanos around.

Saying "Thanos is powerful enough to take blasts from Odin" is getting tiresome - that was one showing, yes, but clearly he's not always operating at that level as he has been cut by axes and sent flying by blasters and knocked down by mindcontrolled morg (and he needed to get saved by Ganymede in that one), etc.

You're going to have to learn to accept that your fave character does lose, isn't all powerful.

quanchi112
You're agreeing with the outcome, but misinterpreting the evidence. I'm correcting you on that.

What bothers me is that all you have is your opinion. I have in comic evidence, the nature of the scene itself. What you've got is...well, you don't want it to be true, because it is something that Darkseid would have over Thanos.

Do you see why I am harping on all this? You desperately deny everything because of what it might mean for your pet character. That bothers me.

Proof that the Runner was faster than the Flash with the space gem, please?

Yeah, Mar-Vell actually gave Pre-Res Thanos some trouble as well. Those are two very weak characters, but they were both able to give Thanos some trouble with speed and skill. Gamora drew blood. Mar-Vell was knocking Thanos around.

Saying "Thanos is powerful enough to take blasts from Odin" is getting tiresome - that was one showing, yes, but clearly he's not always operating at that level as he has been cut by axes and sent flying by blasters and knocked down by mindcontrolled morg (and he needed to get saved by Ganymede in that one), etc.

You're going to have to learn to accept that your fave character does lose, isn't all powerful. No,you are singling out one fight instead of her entire history.

When did I ever say that Thanos is quicker than Darkseid? He was moving quickly but the comic doesnt state anything close to resembling superspeed. Thats your interpretation,not mine.

What am I denying?

He was mentally teleporting which is faster than the Flash. Should I put up scans?

Mar-vell didnt beat Thanos and he was much weaker than after his upgrade. Gamora caused him to bleed. Big whoop. Doomsday killed Superman in dos and there wasnt an ounce of blood spilled. Just because I bloody your nose that doesnt mean I am going to beat you in a fight.

Yes,that was one showing. he also stood up to Tyrant and took blasts from him as well. He also took on power gem Thor. He also took on the Maker. He also defeated the Silver Surfer very quickly and easily. Notice a pattern is developing. You are starting to sound like nver with that blood argument.

CaptainStoic
The Runner is much faster than the Flash, because he has the ability to teleport to any destination instantly, so although we cab debate whetehr or not the Flash could arrive 200 miles away faster than the Runner, there really is no dispute who would get to another universe faster.

The Great Galen
Originally posted by Allankles
People are of course overestimating Gamora's agility and skill. Orion is himself quite agile and skillful in combat, the differences in those departments between the two is negligible IMO. Beyond that Orion has more than one way of winning the fight.

Even if she did have a edge in h2h skill and combat speed what good would it do, a small advantage vs a wealth of overwhealming advantages in favor of Orion. Whats funny is that there is very little to imply she even has a marginal edge in h2h skill and combat speed while we know for a fact he is her superior to a vast degree in every other aspect. Orion 10/10

The Great Galen
No,you are singling out one fight instead of her entire history.

When did I ever say that Thanos is quicker than Darkseid? He was moving quickly but the comic doesnt state anything close to resembling superspeed. Thats your interpretation,not mine.

What am I denying?

He was mentally teleporting which is faster than the Flash. Should I put up scans?

Mar-vell didnt beat Thanos and he was much weaker than after his upgrade. Gamora caused him to bleed. Big whoop. Doomsday killed Superman in dos and there wasnt an ounce of blood spilled. Just because I bloody your nose that doesnt mean I am going to beat you in a fight.

Yes,that was one showing. he also stood up to Tyrant and took blasts from him as well. He also took on power gem Thor. He also took on the Maker. He also defeated the Silver Surfer very quickly and easily. Notice a pattern is developing. You are starting to sound like nver with that blood argument.

DS stood up to spectre, SS stood up to A&T and WW has stood up to Superman...so wats ur point. On the note of the whole thor incident, keep in mind it wasnt a victory for either of them...Thanos simply restrained him due to Thor's power becoming to immense.

TricksterPriest
Flash has already outraced instant teleportation...........

KuRuPT Thanosi
Trickster your so wrong it's not even funny. So, your saying flash could get from one universe to the next quicker ten somebody with the space gem? This is bordering on ridiculous now

quanchi112
DS stood up to spectre, SS stood up to A&T and WW has stood up to Superman...so wats ur point. On the note of the whole thor incident, keep in mind it wasnt a victory for either of them...Thanos simply restrained him due to Thor's power becoming to immense. Ds got oneshotted by the Spectre. To the bone.

Silver Surfer was dying and WW avoided Superman while holding back.

Thanos stalemated Thor with the power gem and then beat him with his gun,which he later added his own personal tech. smile

quanchi112
Trickster your so wrong it's not even funny. So, your saying flash could get from one universe to the next quicker ten somebody with the space gem? This is bordering on ridiculous now laughing out loud

TricksterPriest
Trickster your so wrong it's not even funny. So, your saying flash could get from one universe to the next quicker ten somebody with the space gem? This is bordering on ridiculous now

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/specosmicsteal.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/specosmicsteal2.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/specosmicsteal3.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/specosmicsteal4.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/specosmicsteal5.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/specosmicsteal6.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/specosmicsteal7.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/specosmicsteal8.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/specosmicsteal9.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/specosmicsteal10.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/specosmicsteal11.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/specosmicsteal12.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/specosmicsteal13.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/specosmicsteal14.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/specosmicsteal15.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/specosmicsteal16.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/specosmicsteal17.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/specosmicsteal18.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/specosmicsteal19.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/specosmicsteal20.jpg

Shut it. stick out tongue

The Great Galen
Ds got oneshotted by the Spectre. To the bone.

DS cause the spectre to howl in pain, Silver Surfer was dying and WW avoided Superman while holding back.

Thanos stalemated Thor with the power gem and then beat him with his gun,which he later added his own personal tech. smile

Holding back from her trinkets which she later resorted to because she knew the fight was lost. SS still managed to endure the beating and since when did Thanos stalemate him...he imprisioned him because he knew he was going to lose.

The Great Galen

Shut it. stick out tongue

Happy Dance Thats how its done ladies.

quanchi112

Shut it. stick out tongue That other being sacrificed his life because on his own,the Flash couldnt do it. Runner and space gem is faster.

quanchi112
Holding back from her trinkets which she later resorted to because she knew the fight was lost. SS still managed to endure the beating and since when did Thanos stalemate him...he imprisioned him because he knew he was going to lose. She held back. She avoided superman long enough to take out his puppetmaster. Thanos and Thor traded blows with both appearing fine. Due to the power gem,Thanos realied he couldnt physically beat his opponent so he went and ended this affair with a gun.

Surfer was dying and Galactus needed to save him. Thanos owns the Surfer.

The Great Galen
That other being sacrificed his life because on his own,the Flash couldnt do it. Runner and space gem is faster.

sick ......QUAN!!!!

The Great Galen
She held back. She avoided superman long enough to take out his puppetmaster. Surfer was dying and Galactus Thanos and Thor traded blows with both appearing fine. Due to the power gem,

needed to save him. Thanos owns the Surfer.

She held back because she didnt use her trinkets, she avoided him by resorting to her equip. So then if u just saidthanos realise he couldnt beat him...how is that a stalemate?

quanchi112
sick ......QUAN!!!! Do you really think that the Flash is faster than Runner with the space gem?

quanchi112
She held back because she didnt use her trinkets, she avoided him by resorting to her equip. So then if u just saidthanos realise he couldnt beat him...how is that a stalemate? She held back because she knew he was being mindcontrolled. She didnt want to hurt him,but only needed to get away to get to Lord.

Thanos stalemated him physically,but if the kept going at it,Thor would have prevailed due to the power gem. Thanos ended the fight with a blast and won.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Yes Galan do you really think Flash is faster then the Runner with space gem?

The Great Galen
She held back because she knew he was being mindcontrolled. She didnt want to hurt him,but only needed to get away to get to Lord.

Thanos stalemated him physically,but if the kept going at it,Thor would have prevailed due to the power gem. Thanos ended the fight with a blast and won.

Right she didnt want to hurt him which is why she opted not to resort to the only offensive otpion that would cause any real damage being her trinkets. Thanos was getting knocked around boy, plain and simple.

quanchi112
Right she didnt want to hurt him which is why she opted not to resort to the only offensive otpion that would cause any real damage being her trinkets. Thanos was getting knocked around boy, plain and simple. Thanos was fine. Thor wasnt holding back against Thanos,while WW was holding back against Superman. Thanos stopped Thor,while Superman didnt stop WW.

The Great Galen
Thanos was fine. Thor wasnt holding back against Thanos,while WW was holding back against Superman. Thanos stopped Thor,while Superman didnt stop WW.

Because she resorted to her trinkets thus she stopped"holding back"...she knew the pending outcome wouldnt be in her favor so she decided on a quick and deperate measure just like with Thanos and thor.

quanchi112
Because she resorted to her trinkets thus she stopped"holding back"...she knew the pending outcome wouldnt be in her favor so she decided on a quick and deperate measure just like with Thanos and thor. She was getting hurt badly,while Thanos was smiling and enjoying himself. She bought herself the time she needed to escape. Thor got pwned by a Thanos toy.

TricksterPriest
Flash has no upper limit on speed. He's also taken the KE of an entire planet. He can most definitely replicate that feat.

Faster than space gem on it's own? Yes. Faster than the full potential space gem which has only been seen on the complete IG with the other gems? No.

The Great Galen
She was getting hurt badly,while Thanos was smiling and enjoying himself. She bought herself the time she needed to escape. Thor got pwned by a Thanos toy.

The Great Galen
She was getting hurt badly,while Thanos was smiling and enjoying himself. She bought herself the time she needed to escape. Thor got pwned by a Thanos toy.

Not disputing that he handled himself better then she did, the results were still the same thoguh...it was a losing battle on both ends.

quanchi112
Not disputing that he handled himself better then she did, the results were still the same thoguh...it was a losing battle on both ends. Thanos ended the fight while WW escaped. Thats the difference.

Red Hulk
It's really not.

If I say I can't do something...that generally means I can't do it. If I say 'You're tough!' thats an exclamation of your formidability, but in no way indicates my ability or inability to defeat you. And if someone says something out of no understanding?

Haha, so you've got nothing to back yourself up at all? This is all conjecture on your part, that goes against the statement itself? No, I have common sense.

And the statement is an untested one that goes against her history. Fancy that.

You're scrambling for any way to discount this, but we both know that it stands. She said what she said and meant it, clearly. Was Sasquatch just giving Thing his due, too? No, I'm just dumbfounded by how one statement discounts an entire history, and how one can hang on so tight to such a daft statement.
Also, this statement is irrelevant to this thread even if true. If we believe in this statement, then Gamora has trouble against big fisted opponents... Orion is not a big fisted opponent.

Difference: Sassy was tested against Thing. Gamora was not (unless you count the one shot she put him down with).

No, because I accept that showings are going to be different under different circumstances, due to the needs of the story. I don't discount that. Gamora's showing against Thanos was undoubtedly a high one. The best conclusion we can draw from the comparison is that Ben Grimm is a better fighter than Thanos.
Actually, you're making stuff up.

She never said that Thing was a good fighter, all she said was that his fists were too big to get by. And the mere fact that she never really seen him fight also goes against the good fighter comment you just made up.

Which was never actually tested at all.

The fight was supposed to have taken place for a bit off panel, then she gets distracted and Wolverine cheapshots her (this, of course, is also an indictment of her battle focus as Wolverine DIDN'T get distracted and she did). Off-panel... so using a timeframe... three attacks?
Why such a battle should tell everything about a combatant! Three attacks/three possible panels... obviously a stalemate is imminent.

Which would mean something if a battle had more than two combatants.

beast1234
orion is one the most skilled martial arist in the DC universe his skills in the martial arts surpass his super stength. His fighting skills is on the range of superhuam level. He can also increase his strength with the astro-froce or the mother box to a limitless level.
orion#5
new gods vol.3 #9
new gods vol.3 #10
jack kirby fourth world #7

beast1234
orion wins

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.