The Joker vs. Batman- Bloodlust ON!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Master Crimzon
Okay. This is the fight between Batman and his archnemesis- the psychotic killer known as the Joker. It had happened countless times in comics, the Joker being the most well-known and deadly enemy of Batman's.

But there is a catch. In their fights, neither one wants to kill the other. As the Joker muses in the Clown at Midnight: "You can't kill me without becoming like me. I can't kill you without losing the only human being who can keep up with me. Isn't it ironic?". And Batman, as well know, adheres to a very strict 'No killing rule'; they are forever stuck in a loop, Batman refusing to kill the Joker because of his morality (but he isn't above beating the Joker half-dead). The Joker, meanwhile, defines himself by opposition to Batman; he doesn't hate him, and he enjoys playing sadistic games with him, and messing with The Dark Knight's mind.

... But what if something happened, that finally made them snap?

Here is the scenario. The Joker is conducting one of his crimes, as usual- this, of course, results in the mass murder of hundreds. Batman, as usual, catches up with the Joker, beats him senseless, and sends him to Arkham Asylum for the gazillionth time. The Joker, however, is bored- his game with Batman has lasted years, and it just goes round, and round, and round. And so the Joker decides on a plan; break the Batman, and then kill him. After conducting an elaborate plan, the Joker manages to kidnap Tim Drake- the current Robin- and proceeds to hijack a TV news channel, in his typical style. Placing Robin on front of the camera, the Joker unmasks him and proceeds to slit his throat, live, to millions of people around the world.

It is then that Batman finally decides it. Kill the Joker. It's the only hope; he already killed two Robins, ruined Barbara Gordon's life, and killed Gordon's wife. And so, both the Joker and Batman go into their ways, swearing to kill each other. End the game. Find the other one, and kill him- by all means necessary (traps, hand-to-hand, guns, etc...)

Here are their weaponry:

The Joker:

9 mm semi-automatic pistol
Sub machine gun
A variety of knives, several hidden that can be thrown into his hand at will
Electrical joy buzzer (like the one used against Alexander Luthor)
Several tanks of Joker Venom
Acid-squirting flower
Liquid Joker Venom (like the one used against the amusement park owner in The Killing Joke)

Batman:

Grapplers
Batarangs
Exploding Batarangs
Flash Grenades
Ropes with an ability to cause an electric shock when attached to the victim
Smoke Grenade

Who can kill the other?

Endrict Nuul
Batman always will beat Joker in a fight.

Entity
If Bruce had just been willing to kill the joker he'd been dead a long time ago.

The question isn't could Batman kill the Joker but rather what would it really take to finally push him to that point? Would even unmasking Tim and slitting his throat in front of the entire world do it?

I've often wondered what Bruce would do if The Joker finally found out who he was and while Bruce was off on the other side of the world, or on another planet or something, broke into Wayne manor Killed Alfred, Tim, Dick, and Barbara and then destroyed the entire place cave and all and then killed himself.

How would Bruce react to that?

Master Crimzon
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Batman always will beat Joker in a fight.

That's incorrect. The Joker has passed up multiple opportunities to kill Batman. It goes both ways. And this is not necessarily a direct confrontation; they have all the prep they need.

For a modern example, The Joker outwitted Batman and had him at his mercy during that whole Zatanna-got-shot-in-the-throat scene.

By the way, bloodlusted Mr. J fought with Batman more than evenly in Mad Love. In hand-to-hand combat, without any special gadgets or tricks.

By the way, I'm not giving an opinion. Just a bit of... 'commentary'.

Entity, neither Bruce nor the Joker ever really tried to kill each other. And, if the Joker did that, I'll assure you that Batman will... errr... shoot himself?

Entity
Originally posted by Master Crimzon
Entity, neither Bruce nor the Joker ever really tried to kill each other. Not true, while I can't think of any certain proof off hand that Joker was beyond a doubt willing to go the distance with Bruce, I do know of 2 times just off the top of my head that Bruce was really going for the kill with Joker. Thou only one is actually cannon so I'm guessing that Dark Knight Returns, where Bruce is going to kill joker but stops at the last minute and decides to only paralyze him, doesn't matter in this discussion.

And in the Hush story line Bruce is only stopped from killing the Joker by Jim, when he believed Joker had killed Tomas Elliot!

Master Crimzon
Originally posted by Entity
Not true, while I can't think of any certain proof off hand that Joker was beyond a doubt willing to go the distance with Bruce, I do know of 2 times just off the top of my head that Bruce was really going for the kill with Joker. Thou only one is actually cannon so I'm guessing that Dark Knight Returns, where Bruce is going to kill joker but stops at the last minute and decides to only paralyze him, doesn't matter in this discussion.

And in the Hush story line Bruce is only stopped from killing the Joker by Jim, when he believed Joker had killed Tomas Elliot!

In The Dark Knight Returns, The Joker critically wounded Batman with a knife to the gut. Batman almost died from their final confrontation.

Off the top of my head, the Joker once got the drop on Batman and held him with a gun to his head. Then, he decided not to kill him because that would be... boring.

In the 'Zatanna get shot in the throat' sequence, the Joker kicked Batman in the face, stabbed him, and cuffed him to a chair. He could have killed him then, but he didn't. In the Clown at Midnight, he explains why they'll never kill each other.

This fight is different from any we've seen. Feats from non-Batman titles can be used, too.

Master Crimzon
No one is posting in this thread. sad

The Heap
50/45 in Joker's favor. He's too unpredictable to really get to grips with, and in this battle, he's bloodlusted.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.