Hal Jordan vs Magneto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JuanJohnboy
Powered Magneto vs...

the greatest GL Hal Jordan!!

they fight on NYC... so Magneto has access to throw him lots of metal stuff... who wins??

Symmetric Chaos
Hal . . . easily.

JuanJohnboy
btw i couldnt find this in the search results... smile

discuss

kakuzu
Magneto. He can control various forms of energy including light. He just choses what he does because its easiest.

Also if he sends out the right pulse he can mess with the rings light thus making any construct go away the same way klaw would do to any one of his constructs. He can also try and pull the ring towards him. Its like like Thors hammer he just can't use it however.

llagrok
GL rings constructs are much more than -just- light.

It's willpower solidified and Magneto would be hard pressed to even touch Hal Jordan.

kakuzu
Originally posted by llagrok
GL rings constructs are much more than -just- light.

It's willpower solidified and Magneto would be hard pressed to even touch Hal Jordan.

They are more then just lie true. Dr.Light can control a gls light is need be. Mangeto can even been seen to control fire to. He can also making some dangerous blast that would definitely take any GL by suprise(Seeing as how they don't know what he can really do.)

Its also not like they can do much to him as well.

llagrok
Originally posted by kakuzu
They are more then just lie true. Dr.Light can control a gls light is need be. Mangeto can even been seen to control fire to. He can also making some dangerous blast that would definitely take any GL by suprise(Seeing as how they don't know what he can really do.)

Its also not like they can do much to him as well.

He doesn't know what they can do either, only their ring can analyse him...

You don't really know a lot about green lanterns, do you?

kakuzu
He doesn't know what they can do either, only their ring can analyse him...

You don't really know a lot about green lanterns, do you?

Magneto can figure out. Isn't is obvious after the first move of him constructing a suit of armor and a horse what he can really do??

You think I don't know GLs? I may not know them as well as you but I know them well enough the the point where they have been seen splitting your atoms with their rings I think. They are also the strongest weapons in the DC universe.

I know GLs can attack from long range and short range and with a high amount of imagination(Kyle as seen in JLA vs Terminus in the cross over for example)they can make just about anything. A GL is strong but if you know Mangeto like I do then this seems towards his side.

Please enlighten though as to how you think a GL would win this?

llagrok
Magneto can figure out. Isn't is obvious after the first move of him constructing a suit of armor and a horse what he can really do??

You think I don't know GLs? I may not know them as well as you but I know them well enough the the point where they have been seen splitting your atoms with their rings I think. They are also the strongest weapons in the DC universe.

I know GLs can attack from long range and short range and with a high amount of imagination(Kyle as seen in JLA vs Terminus in the cross over for example)they can make just about anything. A GL is strong but if you know Mangeto like I do then this seems towards his side.

Please enlighten though as to how you think a GL would win this?

Hal never creates a horse and armour.

Hal's standard package is more than plenty to defeat Magneto. Heart of the matter is that Magneto's feats are on par with Hal Jordan. The people Magneto normally compete with are in the meta range, where as Hal consistently fights Heralds level people and above.

kakuzu
Hal never creates a horse and armour.

Hal's standard package is more than plenty to defeat Magneto. Heart of the matter is that Magneto's feats are on par with Hal Jordan. The people Magneto normally compete with are in the meta range, where as Hal consistently fights Heralds level people and above.

I was speaking of Kyle. When he fought Surfer I believe he had the knight in armor suit and a horse made entirely out of lantern energy. I'm a kyle fan so I'm not to much on the fan side of Hal.

Mangeto however has blanked out the entire earth of power, taken hits from the likes of galactus, seen lifting billions of tons of metal into the air, and just for one more making explosions of the scale of a nuke after being hurt and drawing on the energies of the earth.

Magneto also beat Apoc one time I believe or a Apoc. I think he is a match if not more then a match for Hal.

llagrok
I was speaking of Kyle. When he fought Surfer I believe he had the knight in armor suit and a horse made entirely out of lantern energy. I'm a kyle fan so I'm not to much on the fan side of Hal.

Mangeto however has blanked out the entire earth of power, taken hits from the likes of galactus, seen lifting billions of tons of metal into the air, and just for one more making explosions of the scale of a nuke after being hurt and drawing on the energies of the earth.

Magneto also beat Apoc one time I believe or a Apoc. I think he is a match if not more then a match for Hal.

When did Magneto "Take a blast" from Galactus? He sure as hell never beat Apocalypse, not that doing so would put him anywhere NEAR Hal Jordan's level.

Take a look at some of Hal's feats Surviving a nuke is -nothing- for him.

kakuzu
When did Magneto "Take a blast" from Galactus? He sure as hell never beat Apocalypse, not that doing so would put him anywhere NEAR Hal Jordan's level.

Take a look at some of Hal's feats Surviving a nuke is -nothing- for him.

I knew this might involve the respect thread sooner or later lol. I was going off of natural knowledge. I might have to visit the Magneto respect thread now. However He didn't take a blast his shield has taken a blast from galactus and was okay.

He did beat Apocalypse. He beat him him in a ruined city. I know that fight is definitely in the Magneto respect thread(So I don't have to search for it on my computer).

Bouboumaster
They kill each other in 1 sec. if Hal can pierce Mag's shield.

Magneto pull out the iron in the blood of Hal and kill him.

kakuzu
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
They kill each other in 1 sec. if Hal can pierce Mag's shield.

Magneto pull out the iron in the blood of Hal and kill him.

I thought it might end up that way as well.

llagrok
He did beat Apocalypse. He beat him him in a ruined city. I know that fight is definitely in the Magneto respect thread(So I don't have to search for it on my computer).

He never beat 616 Apocalypse.

Magneto won in AoA and in House of M.

JuanJohnboy

Well actually 2 times but in alternate universes.
The first fight was in the Age of Apocalypse universe, where he kills Apoc by ripping him apart.
The second fight(which i believe is recent) is in the "House of M" storyline where he destroys his mind by messing up the electromagnetic field of apoc's mind(which was kinda weird...).

llagrok
And neither of those techniques would realistically work on Apocalypse.

kakuzu

Bouboumaster

The Great Galen
Wasnt mag defeated intially by Apoc in AOA, in fact didnt he fall twice or so agaisnt him untill he finally resorted to a last ditch effort that killed hi in the process as well. Anyhow jordan is top herald in every respect, he could just turn into a daximite and...well its game over.

kakuzu
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Theses links don't work.

It kind of sucks how Mangetos best feats don't work. I'll try post some more

Try this page
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=417866&pagenumber=2

Magneto is a mutant with the superhuman power of magnetokinesis. Magneto can shape and manipulate magnetic fields that exist naturally or artificially. As the Master of Magnetism, he can lift, move, and alter objects through magnetic force, manipulate the iron-enriched blood-flow to one's brain to induce aneurysms or unconsciousness, control ferrous particles in the atmosphere, alter the Earth's magnetic field which extends into space as the magnetosphere, increase his own strength, erect electro-magnetic force fields with a high degree of impenetrability, and achieve a wide range of other effects. Magneto has even used his magnetic abilities to extract the Adamantium bonded to Wolverine's skeleton, by manipulating it on a molecular level. With the primal force of nature at his command, Magneto has stopped armies, raised islands from ocean floors, moved mountains and threatened to devastate the world with apocalyptic floods and earthquakes. Magneto once blanketed the entire globe with a self-generated electro-magnetic pulse that caused widespread devastation.

Magneto can use his magnetic powers in more than one way simultaneously. He can completely assemble a complicated machine within seconds through his powers. Although Magneto often gestures when using his magnetic powers, he can utilize them fully even when standing totally still merely by concentrating.

The Master of Magnetism Magneto usually protects himself with a personal forcefield that he can quickly expand to protect large areas. His forcefield has withstood the effects of multiple nuclear weapons, volcanic eruption, the depths of space and attacks from multiple Avengers or X-men, as well as Phoenix, Thor, and even Galactus (during the Secret Wars.) By concentrating Magneto can perceive the world around himself solely as patterns of magnetic and electrical energy. He can perceive the natural magnetic auras surrounding living beings, as well.

Although Magneto's primary power is magnetism, he seems to have some ability to project or manipulate any form of energy that is related to the electromagnetic spectrum. He can fire and absorb bolts of electricity and magnetic force, reverse lasers and other forms of radiation or energy, create enough intense heat as infrared radiation to destroy a metal door, and become invisible by deflecting visible light around his body. (He has also dispersed a "flame cage" created by the original Human Torch, but whether he had simply expanded his personal force field or employed something else entirely is unclear.) In both Excalibur (vol. 3) and the possible future of X-Men: The End, Magneto uses his powers to create a traversable wormhole between two points in space.

Magneto is also capable of flight for very long distances and at varying speeds by use of malipulating the electromagnetic particles around him. With his electro-magnetic force field active, he can attain flight in outer-space as well.

A mastermind, Magneto is a genius within various scientific fields. He is an expert on genetic manipulation and engineering, with knowledge far beyond that of contemporary science. His control is so great that he can manipulate the iron in someone's blood, mutate humans in order to give them superhuman powers, causing them to sleep or instill genetic mind-control, create adult clones of human beings, and then manipulate the genetic structures of these clones during their development. He has designed magnetically-powered skycraft and spacecraft, complex robots and computers, and magnetically-powered generators. He has created artificial living beings, space stations, and machines that nullify mutant powers within a radius of several miles.

Magneto is a skilled strategist and hand-to-hand combatant. While he has no true psionic disciplines to speak of, he has been able to successfully fight off telepathic attacks from Professor Xavier, Jean Grey, and Psylocke through sheer force of will.

llagrok
Technically they would. What makes those versions so different? He doesn't have celestial technology and Magneto isn't limited to any metals even controlling organic metals.

Apocalypse acquired Celestial technology hundreds of years before Magneto was born. The AOA timeline was exactly like the 616 one up until the point where Legion killed Xavier.

Regarding what you posted, those feats aren't impressive in any way. Colossus was like a class 20 at the time, and if he had been as strong as he was now it's still not impressive.

What's keeping Hal from simply recreating the general right next to Mags?

kakuzu
Apocalypse acquired Celestial technology hundreds of years before Magneto was born. The AOA timeline was exactly like the 616 one up until the point where Legion killed Xavier.

Regarding what you posted, those feats aren't impressive in any way. Colossus was like a class 20 at the time, and if he had been as strong as he was now it's still not impressive.

What's keeping Hal from simply recreating the general right next to Mags?

Those feats are impressive. They weren't randomly picked. They were real feats.

Colossus like class 20? I need proof. When you say what keeps Hal from making light next to Mangeto what stops Mangeto from creating a wormhole or simply ripping the Ironman out from Hals body? Why only look towards what Hal is doing and not Mangeto. Hal is strong but Mangeto is a pretty smart guy. Although he did loose to doom he had and excuse.

The Great Galen
Couldnt Jordan confide mag into a construct so tight to his skin that he could literally not move a muscle, or even just stop the flow of time and run up to mag with a sword construct.

llagrok
Those feats are impressive. They weren't randomly picked. They were real feats.

Colossus like class 20? I need proof. When you say what keeps Hal from making light next to Mangeto what stops Mangeto from creating a wormhole or simply ripping the Ironman out from Hals body? Why only look towards what Hal is doing and not Mangeto. Hal is strong but Mangeto is a pretty smart guy. Although he did loose to doom he had and excuse.

Creating a wormhole? Maybe the fact that Jordan managed black holes easily when he had just acquired the ring? Ripping iron out of Hal's body won't do him much good when Hal can just devolve his ass. Hal's been dealing with much, much faster characters than Magneto so it's reasonable to assume that Mags won't be catching him off guard.

kakuzu
Creating a wormhole? Maybe the fact that Jordan managed black holes easily when he had just acquired the ring? Ripping iron out of Hal's body won't do him much good when Hal can just devolve his ass. Hal's been dealing with much, much faster characters than Magneto so it's reasonable to assume that Mags won't be catching him off guard.

Ripping Iron out from any mortal man will do them damage. The fact he can feel pain just as much as you or I means he won't be able to concentrate on any light constructs. Magneto has had to deal with his son. Mangeto has dodged Cyclops eye blast at point blank. Don't assume he is slow. I really don't see how Hal can do anything once Mangeto puts a shield up. Since Hal controls light which Mangeto can bend this kind of leans towards him.

Originally posted by The Great Galen
Couldnt Jordan confide mag into a construct so tight to his skin that he could literally not move a muscle, or even just stop the flow of time and run up to mag with a sword construct.

Yes and Magneto has beens seen doing the same thing. Guess what however? He did this to a group of solders.

kakuzu
Anything with a BRAIN WILL DIE FROM THIS ATTACK
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/9517/excaliburv30903elcarinox5.th.jpg

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/7541/excaliburv3090405elcarinkv1.th.jpg

llagrok
Ripping Iron out from any mortal man will do them damage. The fact he can feel pain just as much as you or I means he won't be able to concentrate on any light constructs. Magneto has had to deal with his son. Mangeto has dodged Cyclops eye blast at point blank. Don't assume he is slow. I really don't see how Hal can do anything once Mangeto puts a shield up. Since Hal controls light which Mangeto can bend this kind of leans towards him.

Now you're just being plain ridiculous. Quicksilver is slow as hell and Magneto has never "dodged" Cyclops' blasts in the sense you mean dodge.

Like I said, what is Magneto going to do if Hal creates a clone of The General? Pain is easy to deal with for a Green Lantern, he has plenty of ways to fix his own body.

Well, if you can't see how Hal can beat Magneto once his shields are up then the problem lies with you. I can see plenty of ways. He can easily absorb it, like Thor did. He can easily devolve Magneto into a little monkey or some other creature. He could turn off Magneto's X-gene, leave him powerless. He could start dropping Jets on his shield, he could simply break it, or he could make a little black hole appear inside.

His constructs aren't just light either, they're pure willpower. Dr.Light has been able to control magical lightning, heat vision and many other things. Magneto does not have light-manipulation on the same level as he does. Do you think the invisible woman can control GL constructs because her powers somewhat involves light?

The Great Galen

Yes and Magneto has beens seen doing the same thing. Guess what however? He did this to a group of solders.

You do understand that Jordan's will power with the ring tips him into peak herald...he could contain H-bombs. Mag is dame near impressive for a meta but he is out of his leauge here, sorry but theres just nothing he can do.

Dark-Jaxx
I would think Hal could probably one shot Magneto. no expression

llagrok
You do understand that Jordan's will power with the ring tips him into peak herald...he could contain H-bombs. Mag is dame near impressive for a meta but he is out of his leauge here, sorry but theres just nothing he can do.

We have mags at low herald.

kakuzu

Magneto has been seen playing with Nuke and even shutting them down. One time he had even taken a hit from two at once. The fact Hal is Human an he pretty much would only know Mangeto can manipulate metal doesn't mean he knows the full array of his powers. Would he know what Mangeto can do to his brain? Does he know how he can probe his mind? If he knew this it would be more towards his side but since he doesn't he if left totally open. Since Mangeto is almost always seen with his shield up he doesn't have to worry about this.

Now you're just being plain ridiculous. Quicksilver is slow as hell and Magneto has never "dodged" Cyclops' blasts in the sense you mean dodge.

Like I said, what is Magneto going to do if Hal creates a clone of The General? Pain is easy to deal with for a Green Lantern, he has plenty of ways to fix his own body.

Well, if you can't see how Hal can beat Magneto once his shields are up then the problem lies with you. I can see plenty of ways. He can easily absorb it, like Thor did. He can easily devolve Magneto into a little monkey or some other creature. He could turn off Magneto's X-gene, leave him powerless. He could start dropping Jets on his shield, he could simply break it, or he could make a little black hole appear inside.

His constructs aren't just light either, they're pure willpower. Dr.Light has been able to control magical lightning, heat vision and many other things. Magneto does not have light-manipulation on the same level as he does. Do you think the invisible woman can control GL constructs because her powers somewhat involves light?

Stop ****ing playing around.

You need to calm down. This is a simple debate. There is no need for what you did.

You must not know Thor and his hammer if you think his hammer works the same way as a Gl's ring does. For one it can absorb anytype of energy including Mangetos field, to a bombs energy with enough force to destroy a 5th of the marvel Universe. No Gl ring will be doing such a feat.

The way you are planning this battle is that Magneto is going to sit their and let Hal test every single move he has on him and not do a single thing. You even think Hal is a god and Magneto cannot do anything to him which is a lie since Humans are most vulnerable to Mangeto's powers.

If his constructs are just light then why does he need a gl ring? Could he just act like light master the spiderman foe or Dr. Spectrum and make light constructs himself? A Gls will power is what makes them stronger. Its not 100% will power of their would be no need for the ring its self and they could be like Dr.Light.

You don't read Mangeto. I'm sorry I even posted the link to the page where he dodged Cyclops blast at point blank and QuickSilver Grabbed Cyclops. You most not like Mangeto to think everything I post is fake even when You find it on the site, or other members tell you I'm not lying. Also I never said he has light manipulation on the same Level as Dr.Light but he can still constrol light which is visible. Green is pretty visible toe even the color blind.

The Great Galen
We have mags at low herald.

Id consider him peak meta.

kakuzu
Anything with a BRAIN WILL DIE FROM THIS ATTACK
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/9517/excaliburv30903elcarinox5.th.jpg

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/7541/excaliburv3090405elcarinkv1.th.jpg

OneDumbG0
Well, if you can't see how Hal can beat Magneto once his shields are up then the problem lies with you. I can see plenty of ways. He can easily absorb it, like Thor did. He can... Show me a scan of a GL easily absorbing electromagnetic energy.

kakuzu
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Show me a scan of a GL easily absorbing electromagnetic energy.

Thank you. This is what I was saying. Gls can produce different radiations like Thors hammer but Absorbs everything from power cosmic blast to Mangetos shield I don't believe that. Also unless he could read minds he won't see that attack coming.

The Great Galen
Hal stopped time and can tag Flash and do this http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/89f32ddb.jpg. He once recreated a entire planet with all of its technological glory. He could construct microscopic H-bomb devices by the hundreds and confinde them to pocket constructs a inch above mags skin from head to toe...all at FTL speeds mind you.

kakuzu
Hal stopped time and can tag Flash and do this http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/89f32ddb.jpg. He once recreated a entire planet with all of its technological glory. He could construct microscopic H-bomb devices by the hundreds and confinde them to pocket constructs a inch above mags skin from head to toe...all at FTL speeds mind you.

Even after all this how will he avoid a blast comparable to a thermo nuclear blast that he doesn't see coming with enough force to take out and entire city block. Lets say he does see this coming. He makes a shield how ill he stop the fact the blast effects and kills the mind and not the body? He loses its that simply. All of Hals attacks are visible. Half or Magnetos attacks are unknown or unseen. The others are clearly visible.

OneDumbG0
Hal stopped time and can tag Flash and do this http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/89f32ddb.jpg. He once recreated a entire planet with all of its technological glory. He could construct microscopic H-bomb devices by the hundreds and confinde them to pocket constructs a inch above mags skin from head to toe...all at FTL speeds mind you. Are you trying to answer my question? Because you haven't. At all. And Pieface recreated Oa with a part of the Power of the Guardians, not Hal.

The Great Galen
Even after all this how will he avoid a blast comparable to a thermo nuclear blast that he doesn't see coming with enough force to take out and entire city block. Lets say he does see this coming. He makes a shield how ill he stop the fact the blast effects and kills the mind and not the body? He loses its that simply. All of Hals attacks are visible. Half or Magnetos attacks are unknown or unseen. The others are clearly visible.

Jordan has been shown to match Supes and Flash in speed, from what i understand mag has normal reflex. Jordan and influence any level of energy...mag is screwed.

The Great Galen
Are you trying to answer my question? Because you haven't. At all. And Pieface recreated Oa with a part of the Power of the Guardians, not Hal.

Point is Jordan and the other GL have constrcuted complicated mechanical stucturs with all there complex internal devices. Even if he couldnt abosrb the electromagnetic energy he could influence it. Jordan wins...spite actually.

kakuzu
Jordan has been shown to match Supes and Flash in speed, from what i understand mag has normal reflex. Jordan and influence any level of energy...mag is screwed.

Mags has above normal reflexes. As any other he goes through what ever training he does or he wouldn't be able to pull off his feats.

Also that attack has nothing to do with speed. Again and again you mention speed like as if I have said Magneto will be to fast yet all I've stated is the attack he will throw upon Hal he won't see it literally because you cannot see it. Its only avoidable in one way and thats reading his mind before it happens. If you keep mentioning speed like this then I'll assume your just trying to say Magneto wins.

Show me where he can influence any level of energy? Then show me where he can absorb Magnetos shield.

The Great Galen
Mags has above normal reflexes. As any other he goes through what ever training he does or he wouldn't be able to pull off his feats.

Also that attack has nothing to do with speed. Again and again you mention speed like as if I have said Magneto will be to fast yet all I've stated is the attack he will throw upon Hal he won't see it literally because you cannot see it. Its only avoidable in one way and thats reading his mind before it happens. If you keep mentioning speed like this then I'll assume your just trying to say Magneto wins.

Show me where he can influence any level of energy? Then show me where he can absorb Magnetos shield.

TricksterPriest
Wow. EPIC LULZ at this thread. How the hell was this not closed for spite? no expression

The Great Galen

The issue you are overlooking is that Jordan will hit mag beforehand because Jordan can move faster then mag can think. Jordan has already matched speed with flash so unless mag can think FTL then I dont see him fending off agaisnt Jordan. There are simply to many ways jordan wins, mag is only meta.

The Great Galen
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Wow. EPIC LULZ at this thread. How the hell was this not closed for spite? no expression

Good question.

kakuzu
The issue you are overlooking is that Jordan will hit mag beforehand because Jordan can move faster then mag can think. Jordan has already matched speed with flash so unless mag can think FTL then I dont see him fending off agaisnt Jordan. There are simply to many ways jordan wins, mag is only meta.

Show me where he can move FTL? Then show me how long it takes him to reach such speeds. From what I remember it doesn't even take the Flash but a few meters to reach such speeds. I doubt tey will be fighting from miles away.

Their are simply to many ways for Mangeto to take down hal. If hal even tries to get close to him he can repel him away or ANY OTHER ATTACK THAT COMES TOWARDS HIM. Then he can smash him in the very same thing that protected him from the other attacks.

OneDumbG0
Point is Jordan and the other GL have constrcuted complicated mechanical stucturs with all there complex internal devices. Even if he couldnt abosrb the electromagnetic energy he could influence it. Jordan wins...spite actually. So now, Jordan has to create some electromagnetic field absorbing machine around Magneto... and then he can indirectly absorb his forcefield. And then he wins. Oh I see. Thanks.

jrodslam
Spite thread? Certainly not. I dont think Mags is getting the proper respect here. This fight would be much closer than some think. Dont get me wrong, i still think Lantern beats him the for a majority, but this definitely isnt a cakewalk for GL.

The Great Galen
So now, Jordan has to create some electromagnetic field absorbing machine around Magneto... and then he can indirectly absorb his forcefield. And then he wins. Oh I see. Thanks.

Or he could fuse his fist with enough power to reenergize a sun and punch Mag...that work for you?

kakuzu
Originally posted by jrodslam
Spite thread? Certainly not. I dont think Mags is getting the proper respect here. This fight would be much closer than some think. Dont get me wrong, i still think Lantern beats him the for a majority, but this definitely isnt a cakewalk for GL.

So true.

kakuzu
Or he could fuse his fist with enough power to reenergize a sun and punch Mag...that work for you?

So I'm guessing you think Mangeto will handcuff himself to a bed and let Hal just walk over then an slug away at him? Or maybe Magneto might hide behind his shield and send that would I don't know perhaps take out all of his Iron while he fuses his fist.

Dark-Jaxx
Or maybe Hal uses his FTL speed to punch Magneto in half before Magneto can form a coherent thought? no expression

OneDumbG0
Or he could fuse his fist with enough power to reenergize a sun and punch Mag...that work for you? Seriously. When has he ever done anything like this? Do you realize you're just making crap up now?
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Or maybe Hal uses his FTL speed to punch Magneto in half before Magneto can form a coherent thought? no expression FTL speed? Are you seriously arguing that Hal has combat speed?

cloud102
Hal wins, but it certainly won't be easy. Hal has reversed magnetic powers before. Example, Dr. Polaris. Yeah, Dr. Polaris is hardly on Magneto's level, for the exception when he absorbed the poles.

Will power, ftw.

Mindset
Or he could fuse his fist with enough power to reenergize a sun and punch Mag...that work for you? Wtf are you talking about, seriously?

The Great Galen
Seriously. When has he ever done anything like this? Do you realize you're just making crap up now?
FTL speed? Are you seriously arguing that Hal has combat speed?

Hals constructs are so secure that they can press together all of earths continents http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/cd078a17.jpg If he were to construct these same bonds over all of mags joints he could completly imbolize mag.

As a testament to his speed, here it this
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/greenlantern13-14.jpg Travelling speed is enough to tag Flash...not that he needs to because he can stretch a nano second into eternity http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/ee04c321.jpg He has freezed time across an entire star system...lots of options to imbolize mag.

Another interesting thing to note about Jordan that not many people are aware of is his ability to change the atomic structure of his body http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/7848ee1e.jpg We already know Jordan can create mecahnic constructs with complex internal devices so what if Jordan manipulated his atomic structure to form a body completly immue to the affects of mags power.

Mindset
Or he could fuse his fist with enough power to reenergize a sun and punch Mag...that work for you? I still want to know where you got this.

The Great Galen
Originally posted by Mindset
I still want to know where you got this.

I'll get on it tommorow...to sleepy now.

OneDumbG0
Hals constructs are so secure that they can press together all of earths continents http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/cd078a17.jpg If he were to construct these same bonds over all of mags joints he could completly imbolize mag.

As a testament to his speed, here it this
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/greenlantern13-14.jpg Travelling speed is enough to tag Flash...not that he needs to because he can stretch a nano second into eternity http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/ee04c321.jpg He has freezed time across an entire star system...lots of options to imbolize mag.

Another interesting thing to note about Jordan that not many people are aware of is his ability to change the atomic structure of his body http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/7848ee1e.jpg We already know Jordan can create mecahnic constructs with complex internal devices so what if Jordan manipulated his atomic structure to form a body completly immue to the affects of mags power. Hip hip hooray for pre-Crisis. Even delving into the ridiculousness that is pre-Crisis, you still haven't substantiated a single claim you've made about how GL will win. You might as well tell me that GL turns Magneto into a chicken. At least that method has precedent on-panel in pre-Crisis continuity. And lulz at the so-called "speed feat."

cloud102
Actually Hal has transmuted beings before. Even transmuting Shaggy Man and Tiger Shark. Hal ftw.

Juntai
Lantern.

Avlon
This should be closed for spite.

Surfer has had problems against magnetism (iron man used the EM spectrum to KO him) and yet people would go apesh*t if they tried to bring up a case for that in a Mags vs SS thread.

Hal ftw.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by cloud102
Actually Hal has transmuted beings before. Even transmuting Shaggy Man and Tiger Shark. Hal ftw. IIRC, Hal shrunk Shaggy Man. Guy devolved Tiger Shark. Still not proof that GL's manipulate the electromagnetic spectrum in the way some people have described. Anybody want to show me a single scan of this or them even absorbing energy?

2damnloud
If Hal can't beat Magneto because of Electromagnetism, then Storm can most certainly beat him for the majority.

Tazer
Yo.

IIRC, Hal shrunk Shaggy Man. Guy devolved Tiger Shark. Still not proof that GL's manipulate the electromagnetic spectrum in the way some people have described. Anybody want to show me a single scan of this or them even absorbing energy?

from Astros RS:

also, theres a BIG feat of a GL absorbing energy involving Kyle during Zero Hour; if I can find the scan of it I'll post it.

Tazer

Rutog98

Magneto does not have the power to black out the Earth on the merits of his own innate power levels. In "Fatal Attractions," the EM fields were skewered to the point where Magneto could not use his powers within the planetary atmosphere without the feedback killing him. He assaulted the field from space while it was in this condition which resulted in a global black out. In his next story, "Magneto War," the EM fields were in a natural state and he had to build a machine to augment his power to turn off the lights around the world. Ergo, he cannot do this on his own power under natural conditions.

In regards to the Galactus thing, Magnetoand Xavier barely registered on the outskirts of Galactus' consciousness when both were struggling to get his attention. Galactus sent a very low level blast over there kinda like swatting at a gnat which was deflected by Magneto's shield as he did not want to be bothered. The blast did damage comparable to about what Gambit threw.

When did he make an explosion comparable to a nuke?

Magneto beating Apacolypse was complete PIS. How is he going to get a magnetic grip on somebody who can rechannel powers like Bishop and tear them apart? Poccy should have been able to throw that energy back in his face not to mention Poccy has atomic control over his own body and extreme class 100 strength which means to tear his body apart should be VERY difficult even omitting his atomic control. Then Poccy sat there and basically allowed him to do it?? lol!

Hal>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Magneto
I always roll my eyes when Magneto fights powerful advasaries. He is frequently pitted against characters more powerful than himself and the stronger character always gets written down in Magneto arcs. The stronger character displays higher power levels in other, non-Magneto stories and all of a sudden is weaker for Magneto to be a threat.

This fight is spite.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Tazer
Yo.

from Astros RS:

also, theres a BIG feat of a GL absorbing energy involving Kyle during Zero Hour; if I can find the scan of it I'll post it.

Tazer I honestly don't understand what's going on in these following scans. If I had to guess, it appears that John made some sort of field that would make light turn into matter if anything hit the field. Which doesn't make a whole lot of sense. This also appears to be pre-Crisis:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/greenlanterncorps218-12ocdhorus-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/greenlanterncorps218-13ocdhorus-1.jpg

Stel reversed his polarity between matter and anti-matter. Thor has done this. I understand that GL's can manipulate matter. And while changing matter to anti-matter and back is probably the pinnacle of matter manipulation, I'm just looking for an energy manipulation feat:
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Green%20Lantern/glmatterinversion.jpg

Everything else is definitely pre-Crisis and not worth discussing.

In reference to Kyle, you're probably thinking of this. But I know that GLs can absorb the plasma energy that is the Power of the Guardians. It would be silly to think they couldn't. Hal has also absorbed/utilized the power of the Central Battery with his ring way before Emerald Twilight:
http://img246.imageshack.us/my.php?image=16hd6.jpg

I'm just looking for a straight up feat of a GL absorbing electromagnetic energy or manipulating electromagnetic energy. This shouldn't be that difficult when everyone else seems so oddly confident that GLs could do this with ease.

Val-E-Doosh
lol

Tazer
Yo.

I honestly don't understand what's going on in these following scans. If I had to guess, it appears that John made some sort of field that would make light turn into matter if anything hit the field. Which doesn't make a whole lot of sense. This also appears to be pre-Crisis:

while I wont argue it making sense or not, that *is* apparently wat John was doing. also, that was post-Crisis.

Stel reversed his polarity between matter and anti-matter. Thor has done this. I understand that GL's can manipulate matter. And while changing matter to anti-matter and back is probably the pinnacle of matter manipulation, I'm just looking for an energy manipulation feat:

Everything else is definitely pre-Crisis and not worth discussing.

given that the current DCU seems to be making referrence to lots of situations which happend pre-CoIE (due in no small part to Geoff Johns, and ESPECIALLY as it pertains to Hal & Supes) then Im sorry to inform ya that until theyre contradicted it seems as tho alot of event from then are back to having happend......and as such so would the feats listed (altho I'll grant ya some likely not EXACTLY as before.)

In reference to Kyle, you're probably thinking of this. But I know that GLs can absorb the plasma energy that is the Power of the Guardians. It would be silly to think they couldn't. Hal has also absorbed/utilized the power of the Central Battery with his ring way before Emerald Twilight:
http://img246.imageshack.us/my.php?image=16hd6.jpg

yea, thats the bit I was thinking of, however I disagree about equating plasma energy to Oan energy: the latter is a very specific type of energy (even ignoring this "emotional spectrum BS Geoff is cramming down our throats, it has always been thus), whereas the former isnt anything like it.

I'm just looking for a straight up feat of a GL absorbing electromagnetic energy or manipulating electromagnetic energy. This shouldn't be that difficult when everyone else seems so oddly confident that GLs could do this with ease.

and so U have them.

Tazer

OneDumbG0
Yo.

while I wont argue it making sense or not, that *is* apparently wat John was doing. also, that was post-Crisis.Doesn't change the fact that he, by your opinion is surrounding sentient light with matter. It's a matter manipulation feat. It's about as much an energy manipulation feat as another person suggesting that they could build a machine that does the same thing. And tell me the issue where that's from. Because the Corps grounded themselves on Earth directly after the Crisis and Hal was leading them. In that scan, you've got John leading them in space. Give me the issue number.
given that the current DCU seems to be making referrence to lots of situations which happend pre-CoIE (due in no small part to Geoff Johns, and ESPECIALLY as it pertains to Hal & Supes) then Im sorry to inform ya that until theyre contradicted it seems as tho alot of event from then are back to having happend......and as such so would the feats listed (altho I'll grant ya some likely not EXACTLY as before.)No. You have to prove that the Crisis changed nothing for the GLs and their powers. We already know their histories were violently thrown asunder. Ch'pp never even properly existed. Anybody who doesn't think that there is a stark difference in power between pre-Crisis schlock and post-Crisis continuity is plainly ignorant. The Crisis changed everything. Indeed, nearly every hero and villain ended up weaker than their pre-Crisis counterparts. The onus is on you to prove that the GLs were an exception. You also have to prove this in the face of the massive history since the Crisis that shows current GLs not having any feats even close to their pre-Crisis counterparts. I'm not supposed to prove a negative simply because you wish to ignore the stark difference between the two ages.
yea, thats the bit I was thinking of, however I disagree about equating plasma energy to Oan energy: the latter is a very specific type of energy (even ignoring this "emotional spectrum BS Geoff is cramming down our throats, it has always been thus), whereas the former isnt anything like it.

and so U have them.

Tazer You're making a false distinction. Nowhere has GL energy ever been called Oan energy. GL energy has been called plasma energy on several occasions. I have no GL energy absorption/manipulation scans. At all. The best I've got, is a ridiculous pre-Crisis scan of Hal turning a rayblast into confetti. That's the most direct scan we have of a GL affecting energy. I won't insult your intelligence by suggesting that you would argue that current Hal could simply turn any energy blasts into confetti. Not even the most rabid GL fans would argue that.

Everything else, even the pre-Crisis scans are only circumstantially related to energy. Devolving Tiger Shark? Making a tv? There isn't a single shred of unequivocal evidence that I've seen or that anybody has provided of a current GL absorbing or manipulating energy, electromagnetic or otherwise. In the face of their vast history and appearances, the best you can come up with, is pre-Crisis Hal turning a rayblast into confetti from the 60's. It shocks me even. I'm sure I've seen them absorb different kinds of energy. But I can't think of the instance. And I've looked everywhere. And apparently, so have you, if you have to resort to devolving Tiger Shark as an example of absorbing/manipulating electromagnetic energy. Lulz. Epic lulz.

The Great Galen
Hip hip hooray for pre-Crisis. Even delving into the ridiculousness that is pre-Crisis, you still haven't substantiated a single claim you've made about how GL will win. You might as well tell me that GL turns Magneto into a chicken. At least that method has precedent on-panel in pre-Crisis continuity. And lulz at the so-called "speed feat."

The Great Galen
Woops, that was odd. Anyhow what didnt get posted was the 3 ways in which Jordan OMGWTFPWNS Mag. Im to lazy to type it all out again but basically couldnt Jordan just construct a suit similar to IM except powered by lantern enery...seriously what can mags do?

Mindset
Or he could fuse his fist with enough power to reenergize a sun and punch Mag...that work for you? I'm still waiting~!!!!

DigiMark007
Originally posted by 2damnloud
If Hal can't beat Magneto because of Electromagnetism, then Storm can most certainly beat him for the majority.

lmao

I can't believe this post, even knowing what I do about 2damn. Which makes it epic-ly cool.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by DigiMark007
lmao

I can't believe this post, even knowing what I do about 2damn. Which makes it epic-ly cool. I absolve myself of any and all liability for giving Storm fanboys any and all ammo in any and all discussions in any and all threads...

... in any and all forums in any and all internetz in any and all worlds in any and all universes in any and all multiverses that are contained in the greater omniverse herein.

Fine print b1tches.

2damnloud
It's true.

She can absorb and transduce more energy than both he and Magneto COMBINED.

I think she could beat him, but I digress.

DigiMark007
but I digress.

Yes. Yes you do. This thread isn't about her.

ultimatethor
It's true.

She can absorb and transduce more energy than both he and Magneto COMBINED.

I think she could beat him, but I digress.

W-W-W-What!!!!!!!!!!

DigiMark007
Keep it on topic ultimatethor. That exactly the kind of post that he'll take as bait to pontificate about Storm. I'd rather not have to come back here and say this again, which will be one step closer to a warning for those involved...or simply tell Bada to close this, which would be unfortunate.

ultimatethor
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Keep it on topic ultimatethor. That exactly the kind of post that he'll take as bait to pontificate about Storm. I'd rather not have to come back here and say this again, which will be one step closer to a warning for those involved...or simply tell Bada to close this, which would be unfortunate.

My bad.

Blair Wind
IIRC, Hal shrunk Shaggy Man. Guy devolved Tiger Shark. Still not proof that GL's manipulate the electromagnetic spectrum in the way some people have described. Anybody want to show me a single scan of this or them even absorbing energy?

Hal has turned his sidekick (forget his name) into a bird before. Does that count as transmutation enough? As for the other scans, they are in the respect threads. If you dont feel like looking, Ill do it myself...in time.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Hal has turned his sidekick (forget his name) into a bird before. Does that count as transmutation enough? As for the other scans, they are in the respect threads. If you dont feel like looking, Ill do it myself...in time. I know pre-Crisis Hal turned Pieface into a bird before. And because so many people have equivocated around my original question with indirect answers, I think you may not understand the context of what I was originally asking for:
Show me a scan of a GL easily absorbing electromagnetic energy. Of course, after this simple question, I got feats that involve confetti making, tv creating and shrinking villains. So much so... by so many people, that innocent posters like you, don't even even understand what the discussion was originally about. It's not about transmutation and it was never about transmutation, it's about simple energy absorption/manipulation. That just shows the state of this thread. I know pre-Crisis Hal turned Pieface into a bird, mainly because I actually cited it several pages ago as that feat has a more direct precedent than people arguing Hal could simply absorb Magneto's forcefield:
Hip hip hooray for pre-Crisis. Even delving into the ridiculousness that is pre-Crisis, you still haven't substantiated a single claim you've made about how GL will win. You might as well tell me that GL turns Magneto into a chicken. At least that method has precedent on-panel in pre-Crisis continuity. And lulz at the so-called "speed feat." Still waiting for a scan to substantiate that a GL could just easily absorb Magneto's forcefield.

The Great Galen
I'm still waiting~!!!!

Alright its this simple, he fashions constructs just over his fist and chanels it with potent lanter energy.

TricksterPriest
This should have been closed for spite back on page 1. thumb down

The Great Galen
Co=signed.

Mindset
Alright its this simple, he fashions constructs just over his fist and chanels it with potent lanter energy. So you just made this up?

The Great Galen
So you just made this up?

Nope, its within his power to do so.

kgkg
although polaris has defeated Hal once or twice here (via plot d)

Mindset
Nope, its within his power to do so. Nope wink

Badabing
This has run it's course. Too many reports and a lopsided thread. Closed.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.