Emma Frost vs. original betsy braddock

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

magnuslives
1. no prep. on astral plane.

2. 10 hour prep, in genosha.

let the cat fight begin.

magnuslives
pwease get the discussion started people.

rotiart
E1. 1. Emma is so far above betsy that it is not a contest whatsoever. I can't remember a single co I'd with betsy fighting on the astral plane

2. It's possible betsy could psyblade stab for a win. But then agAin how impervious is the diamond form to that kind of attack if at all

magnuslives
i'm pretty sure the original betsy didn't have a psy blade, and she was just as powerful, if not even more, than other telepaths on the planet, such as the prof and jean. she even took out juggernaut with a psyblast. but then again, emma could match that. and then theres the telekinesis arguement....

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by magnuslives
i'm pretty sure the original betsy didn't have a psy blade, and she was just as powerful, if not even more, than other telepaths on the planet, such as the prof and jean. she even took out juggernaut with a psyblast. but then again, emma could match that. and then theres the telekinesis arguement....

The original Betsy from the Captain Britian comics only had weak pre-cog powers she'd get shit stomped by No-Girl who only has like one feat.
There was another incarnation of Betsy before this she had low level telepath she had Flight ad Strength from Captain Britians accessesories. then we have Butterfly Betsy not sure if she was working for S.H.I.E.L.D.S Psi-Division or MI5 but Sage schooled her ...I assume you mean Butterfly Betsy, the one who was attacked by Sabertooth on her first day. That version was a psycho blaster had low level telepathy and still gets curbstomped by Emma Frost.

BTW Betsy never had Telekinesis and Telepathy at the same time.

Off-topic and not canon but Spoilers ahead from new X-Men cartoon.
In fact that Wolverine and the X-Men episode with Psylocke vs. Emma Frost would be a pretty accurate potrayl of this fight. It doesn't last very long.

Charlotte DeBel
Emma wins both scenarios as Butterfly Betsy was not an impressive telepath. And lulz at "taking down Juggernaut with a psi-blast"...Emma did the same:
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/4914/generationxissue061pagekg0.th.jpg

magnuslives
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
The original Betsy from the Captain Britian comics only had weak pre-cog powers she'd get shit stomped by No-Girl who only has like one feat.
There was another incarnation of Betsy before this she had low level telepath she had Flight ad Strength from Captain Britians accessesories. then we have Butterfly Betsy not sure if she was working for S.H.I.E.L.D.S Psi-Division or MI5 but Sage schooled her ...I assume you mean Butterfly Betsy, the one who was attacked by Sabertooth on her first day. That version was a psycho blaster had low level telepathy and still gets curbstomped by Emma Frost.

BTW Betsy never had Telekinesis and Telepathy at the same time.

Off-topic and not canon but Spoilers ahead from new X-Men cartoon.
In fact that Wolverine and the X-Men episode with Psylocke vs. Emma Frost would be a pretty accurate potrayl of this fight. It doesn't last very long.

i know betsy never had tp and tk at the same time. i'm not stupid. i was talking about emma and the various feats she has done with telekinesis.
and the original betsy i mean is just her original body just before she is switched with kwannon.

magnuslives
Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
Emma wins both scenarios as Butterfly Betsy was not an impressive telepath. And lulz at "taking down Juggernaut with a psi-blast"...Emma did the same:
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/4914/generationxissue061pagekg0.th.jpg

that was juggernaut without his helmet, right? i think betsy took him out with it on, though she may have been hooked up to cerebro or something, i'm not that sure...

occultdestroyer
What the f**k?
Classic Betsy?

This is spite.
Would've been better if you put current Betsy.

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
What the f**k?
Classic Betsy?

This is spite.
Would've been better if you put current Betsy.

Current would be spite in Betsy's favour, classic=spite in Emma's favour...

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by magnuslives
that was juggernaut without his helmet, right? i think betsy took him out with it on, though she may have been hooked up to cerebro or something, i'm not that sure...

Lets face it, any telepath can beat a helmetless Cain.

That is bad writing. The only time I saw her do anything to his mind with helmet on was in onslaught saga which sucked. She can't break through his helmet.

rougeredmage
captain britain era Braddock does not cut and mustard and thus is not going to do anything against emma frost.

thus emma frost wins this battle easily

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Lets face it, any telepath can beat a helmetless Cain.

That is bad writing. The only time I saw her do anything to his mind with helmet on was in onslaught saga which sucked. She can't break through his helmet.

Betsy didn't knock him out. She hurt him (UXM #218). She rammed a car into him, he grabbed her by the neck and she hurt him for a second or 2. Betsy was a Psycho-Blaster back then, she used to fire physical blasts of mental energy...Marvel Girl and Xavier have also gotten passed his helmet and caused him slight pain but that was pre-Skull cap Juggernaut.

guy222
emma

magnuslives
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Betsy didn't knock him out. She hurt him (UXM #218). She rammed a car into him, he grabbed her by the neck and she hurt him for a second or 2. Betsy was a Psycho-Blaster back then, she used to fire physical blasts of mental energy...Marvel Girl and Xavier have also gotten passed his helmet and caused him slight pain but that was pre-Skull cap Juggernaut.

yeah, i wasn't that sure about it, but thanks for clearing that up =]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.