Fifa 09

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Phat J
i did a search and was surpised to find there was no thread for this game.

ive been a faithful PES man for years but last years game was so ridiculous and disappointing i was forced to turn over to the dark side and try my hand at fifa. to my surpise unlike PES fifa has taken leaps and bounds in the past couple years, particularly the 08 version.

its now a far better game as much as it hurts me to say, especially the online 5 v 5 and now 10 v 10 its been the only game thats seen the inside of my xbox for months now; its safe to say im addicted.

anybody else play soccer games? if you were disappointed with this years installment of PES i strongly recommend checking fifa out, 09 is going to be crazy.

i have to admit its kind of shocking not finding a thread on this game in a forum as big as this.

NonSensi-Klown
Sorry, I only play real football.

haermm

Phat J
you now that sport only exists in north america right?

everyone else in the world calls the proper sport where you use your actual feet to play the game football. its time to step out of your little bubble my friend.

NonSensi-Klown
'course I know it, but, I give the better sport the name. 313

Hey man, all I know is that the Madden thread got more replies. haermm

Spidervlad
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080903061403AABBqm0

NonSensi-Klown
Relevance? no expression

Spidervlad
It shows that Futbol (Soccer) is more popular around the world then American Football stick out tongue

NonSensi-Klown
Yeah, but, who cares about the rest of the world? The rest of the world is like, the opposite of America. It's just not.

ragesRemorse
I suck at soccer games. I usually prefer the Winning Eleven games but both Fifa and Winning Eleven always have incredible graphics and smooth gameplay. I just wish i didn't suck

Phat J
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
Yeah, but, who cares about the rest of the world? The rest of the world is like, the opposite of America. It's just not.
wow, anyways.

no fifa people here?

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
I suck at soccer games. I usually prefer the Winning Eleven games but both Fifa and Winning Eleven always have incredible graphics and smooth gameplay. I just wish i didn't suck
they're hard games to get good at, especially fifa.

ragesRemorse
Yeah, i can't play a single game without getting a red card laughing out loud

These Soccer games need a better franchise mode.

Phat J
fifas actually got a pretty expansive one, you should check it out. pro evos isnt that bad either.

its great building a team and playing through a couple seasons in both of them.

NonSensi-Klown
Is Tom Brady in the new one?

Phat J
of the brady bunch? what?

NonSensi-Klown
nevermind, my bad.

Slay
Personally I prefer PES. Mostly because you can actually have a dribble rather than having to pass whenever you encounter an opponent. Besides PES has the 'Be A Legend' mode this year as well, and they had it before FIFA, but it was only incorporated in the Japanese release.

Phat J
i used to be the same, last years online was just so bad i tried fifa and ended up liking it more.

you can dribble, its just much harder to do it in fifa.

Slay
Originally posted by Phat J
i used to be the same, last years online was just so bad i tried fifa and ended up liking it more.

you can dribble, its just much harder to do it in fifa.
I gave up on FIFA after 2004. 2003 was actually a good FIFA game, especially at the time, you could hardly tell the difference between 2003 and PES, except for the graphics of course. So I really got my hopes up for 2004. It turned out to be the shitiest FIFA game ever.

btw, I just read PES now has the official CL license as well...

Phat J
Originally posted by Slay
I gave up on FIFA after 2004. 2003 was actually a good FIFA game, especially at the time, you could hardly tell the difference between 2003 and PES, except for the graphics of course. So I really got my hopes up for 2004. It turned out to be the shitiest FIFA game ever.

btw, I just read PES now has the official CL license as well...
give it a chance, i felt the same way believe me. they completely recreated the game engine in 07, polished it up in 08 and in 09 its going to be even better. try the demo, you'd be doing yourself a disservice if you play football/soccer games and dont play or at least try fifa.

fifa has every other license in football so im not too worried. they have everything from the j-league, the a-league to the russian league and the austrian league, plus all the divisions in the respective leagues. they have 4 divisions of the EPL dude, PES has 2 licensed EPL teams.

Magee
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
'course I know it, but, I give the better sport the name. 313

Hey man, all I know is that the Madden thread got more replies. haermm No surprise considering this forum is mainly american. Why would you call a game where you mostly use your hands football and it's basically a girls version of rugby considering they wear padding and even helmets, lol helmets.

Phat J
Originally posted by Magee
No surprise considering this forum is mainly american. Why would you call a game where you mostly use your hands football and it's basically a girls version of rugby considering they wear padding and even helmets, lol helmets.
its called football because its a incarnation of football which back in the day had a couple different forms (rugby and football), it just went in more of a rugby direction and then eventually changed into a completely different game and some 30 years after football was being played professionally in england you had the american form being played there. they just didnt change the name along with the sport.

its a shit game though, start, pass the ball, get tackled, whistle. start, pass the ball, get tackled, whistle. theres no creativity or flow, theres just set plays and boring stop start action. i really dont see the appeal.

NonSensi-Klown
You can say that for any sport, really. I don't see the appeal in basketball, and I don't see the appeal in Baseball or Soccer, yet the former is our official National sport, and the latter is world-famous. *shrug*

Slay
give it a chance, i felt the same way believe me. they completely recreated the game engine in 07, polished it up in 08 and in 09 its going to be even better. try the demo, you'd be doing yourself a disservice if you play football/soccer games and dont play or at least try fifa.

fifa has every other license in football so im not too worried. they have everything from the j-league, the a-league to the russian league and the austrian league, plus all the divisions in the respective leagues. they have 4 divisions of the EPL dude, PES has 2 licensed EPL teams.
I often play FIFA with my friends. I know it has gotten a lot better. And because PES 6 and 2008 weren't that good, FIFA has been catching up on them, but I truly believe that PES 2009 is going to restore PES' former glory. So I'm still spending my money on PES this year.

I think they have all EPL teams as well for this year. Or at least more than usual, I've seen screens of the offical Man Utd, LFC and Chelsea kit. Besides, I'm never going to play with J-League or Australian teams. The lack of 2nd ( or 3rd, 4th etc.) division teams does bother me at times, though.

Phat J
thats cool, its your time and money. if it does suck again this year you should definitely give fifa a chance.

its fun to play with random teams, i get sick of man utd v barca pretty quick. they only have 2 english teams, man utds one of them, i dont know the other, chelsea i think. its on their website.

Slay
thats cool, its your time and money. if it does suck again this year you should definitely give fifa a chance.

its fun to play with random teams, i get sick of man utd v barca pretty quick. they only have 2 english teams, man utds one of them, i dont know the other, chelsea i think. its on their website.
Actually, from what I've been reading lately I think I might actually be leaning towards buying FIFA this year. According to several sources PES has gotten a lot slower this year. So if FIFA has gotten a bit on level with PES in pace, I'll probably get FIFA.

Phat J
Originally posted by Slay
Actually, from what I've been reading lately I think I might actually be leaning towards buying FIFA this year. According to several sources PES has gotten a lot slower this year. So if FIFA has gotten a bit on level with PES in pace, I'll probably get FIFA.
well whatever you end up doing, i know what ill be doing. playing a crazy game of fifa with 19 other people in one game.

Phat J
its liverpool and man utd.

the demo is way quicker than it was last year. theres a lot more quick balls you can play. players seem to make more intelligent runs into space as well.

Magee
Can't wait for fifa 09 been playing the demo constantly even the practice bit is fun as hell.

Slay
How long can you play a carreer this year? Because I remember you could only play for 5 years, which I reckon thye have fixed by now, just making sure.

Also, will the Be A Pro-mode be longer than one season this year, and how long will it be? I've searched for it on the net but I can't really get a clear answer.

Phat J
you can probably play a career through, they went all out this year. i played the pro evo demo and its terrible, its kind of embarrassing actually.

Slay
you can probably play a career through, they went all out this year. i played the pro evo demo and its terrible, its kind of embarrassing actually.
I've played the demos for both games. I felt that PES 2009 was better than 2008 though. Still I think I'm going to give FIFA another chance this year...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.