Cloud Strife vs Zack Fair

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack Fair
Two of the main protagonists of the Compilation of Final Fantasy 7 duke it out for the main character throne.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g264/tclcloud/finalfantasycccloudandzachcopy.jpg

Both combatants respect each other and are well aware of their capablities.

Pre-Match round:
SOLDIER 2nd Class Zack vs Infantryman Cloud

Round 1:
Soldier 1st Class Zack with Angeal's Buster Sword vs Ex-SOLDIER wanna be Cloud during the events of the Disc 1.

Round 2:
SOLDIER 1st Class Zack with all the experience he gathered during the Crisis Core ordeal vs Cloud with all the experience he gathered during the FF7 adventure.

Round 3:
Zack somehow comes back from the dead a month after the events of Advent Children--his skills and physical prowess remain intact. Cloud will fight Zack with the First Tsurugi. Zack gets to use the Buster Sword & the standard soldier katana.

Discuss.

Terryc250
Pre-Match: Zack wins in a stomp

Round 1: Zack wins if its vs Cloud at beginning of disc 1, Zack vs Cloud at the end of Disc 1, im not sure, possibly Zack.

Round 2: Goes to Cloud

Round 3: This is the same matchup as Round 2, AC Cloud is the exact same as FF7 Cloud, except Cloud getting the First Tsuguri which puts him at an even bigger advantage

Dark-Jaxx
PR: Zack.

1. Stalemate, with a slight leaning towards Cloud, Cloud essentially IS Zack at that point.

2. Cloud easily

3. Cloud even easier.

Zack Fair
I believe Zack takes the win from Cloud at the end of disc 1.

I agree with all the rest.

---

Cloud being essentially Zack? I don't buy it.

I mean Cloud can learn some of Zack's skills and techniques, but he will never touch his experience. And experience will make a vast difference between 2 characters with similar movesets and skills. However at the end of FFVII Cloud has gathered a shit load of experience and with it he defeats Zack who unfortunately died before his time.

My 2 cents.

Dark-Jaxx
Well he gained all of Zack's memories and even emulated his fighting style.

I don't see why he would not get his skill.

Terryc250
The Jenova cells in Clouds body scans minds via telepath like what it did to Tifa, that could be how Cloud went from Infantryman to a Zack wannabe, or the Hojo experiments.

Zack Fair
I am not saying he can't get the skills or techniques. I am talking about experience. The experience of fighting the top 3 1st Class Soldiers and surviving...even if Sephiroth whooped his ass. LoL.

You know what gets me...Hojo wanted to test his Jenova reunion theory. So he experimented on Cloud who showed weak tolerance to Jenova and because of that was Mako poisoned. But why would he use Zack when 1st Class SOLDIERs get the same procedure and are able to tolerate Jenova's influence. Why would Hojo use him if the result is already visible? Meh. Maybe he used Zack as the control subject. But whatever it doens't matter.

Zack Fair
I read a translation of Ultimania that stated Cloud's personality during the beginning of the game is a combination of Tifa's memories of Cloud and Cloud's superego. Perhaps his badass "don't give a shit" attitude and heroics were possible because of him acting like a super version of himself aka the way he visualized hismelf. That coupled with Hojo's experiments, which were identical to the procedures SOLDIERs 1st Class go through, could very well prove why Cloud went from a pussy to a badass.

NonSensi-Klown
Cloud is more skilled. ]dur

Dark-Jaxx
And has more and better feats.

Hell, even punk ass infantry Cloud did what Zack failed to do.

Beat Sephiroth. haermm

Vampire Savior
1.Zack

2.Cloud

3.Cloud

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
And has more and better feats.

Hell, even punk ass infantry Cloud did what Zack failed to do.

Beat Sephiroth. haermm

Of course he has more feats. The guy is Square Enix's poster boy.

Infantryman did beat Cloud, but Cloud didn't fight Sephiroth at all. All he did was fatally wound him while Sephiroth was busy drooling all over his momma. Afterwards he attacked a wounded Sephiroth who was holding Jenova's head in one hand and the masamune in another, and was still ****ed up. Had Cloud fought Sephiroth like Zack did we wouldn't have FFVII.

Anyways.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Zack Fair

Infantryman did beat Cloud, but Cloud didn't fight Sephiroth at all. All he did was fatally wound him while Sephiroth was busy drooling all over his momma. Afterwards he attacked a wounded Sephiroth who was holding Jenova's head in one hand and the masamune in another, and was still ****ed up. Had Cloud fought Sephiroth like Zack did we wouldn't have FFVII.

Anyways. Prove it. 131

Zack Fair
dur

Dark-Jaxx
Concession accepted. happy

Zack Fair
There's nothing to prove.

Sephiroth shrugged off Cloud's attack with one hand without trying. Even when he was fatally wounded. Had Cloud engaged Sephiroth like Zack did he would have been killed 5 times before his corpse hit the floor.

Dark-Jaxx
Yet Cloud threw Sephiroth into the reactor ftw. 131

Zack Fair
I am not arguing against the facts.

Nice try though.

Go harass wil7 with your mad skillz!

curtism97
cloud wins all in all he beet Sephiroth 3 times zack dint win at all so cloud wins

niduin
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
PR: Zack.

1. Stalemate, with a slight leaning towards Cloud, Cloud essentially IS Zack at that point.

2. Cloud easily

3. Cloud even easier. agree 100%

niduin
Originally posted by Zack Fair

Anyways. also agree 100%

K1ll3r
Is everyone forgetting Cloud in AC was told that he "Now fights like the SOLDIER he once claimed to be." (Zack.)

Pre-Match round:
Zack.

Round 1:
Zack.

Round 2:
Stalemate.

Round 3:
Cloud.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.