The ban policy?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nactous
How many strikes before your out?

~Wålshy~
depends on the member. amirite? haermm

Kovacs86

Bardock42

jaden101
there is no real policy (well there probably is)...but it seems simply a case of "piss off a moderator...get banned"...there doesn't seem to be any standard that is consistent throughout the forum...what someone gets banned for in one forum they wouldn't in another

it also seems that you can abuse another member to a far greater extent before you get banned than you can a moderator

this is all from my observations of the board..

none of this is meant to be a direct attack on the modertating team because i personally think they do a great job....although the only thing i would like to see is in the members profile (who has been banned) where it tells you the reason...it would be good if a link to the page where the offence took place could be put in.

i've also noticed alot of bans have been getting dished out lately....or maybe the amount isn't more...just members in threads i post in

chillmeistergen
I don't think there's really an actual policy, not one that goes for everyone, anyway. Each moderator seems to have their own particular style and policy, which is a good thing, until you call something that one's done and they happen to be quite trigger happy with their mouse finger.

It seems that no amount of debate or arguing will change this, as you will be told to complain to Raz, or not complain at all. If you do complain to Raz, he won't respond, despite having read the complaint.

No offense intended, just my personal experience with being banned. I think I would be right in assuming that my next ban will be permanent, I don't really want that to happen.

NonSensi-Klown

Spidervlad
Depends strictly on the moderator, not even on the member so much.

I think I was temporarily banned once, but I don't remember when or why because of the four years I've been on KMC.

Captain REX
The general rule is that members get three warnings before their first ban, which is generally a 3-day affair. The next ban is extended to a week or longer. The next is usually final.

If you are underaged, you are banned until you meet the required age.

Some members may get the boot faster than others for greater offenses.

And yes, Chill and Kovacs, best not to do anything that could lead to Bansville...

jaden101
and how long does say a 3 day ban keep "live" on a members record or is there a limit that it would drop off and then the next time they receive a ban it would only be another 3 day ban....or does it not matter?

Nactous
where do I stand?

jaden101
on your feet...

Bardock42
Trick question. He's a paraplegerino.

jaden101
like the water?

Bardock42
Originally posted by jaden101
like the water? No, that's Evian.

jaden101
no need to insult the woman

Raz
and how long does say a 3 day ban keep "live" on a members record or is there a limit that it would drop off and then the next time they receive a ban it would only be another 3 day ban....or does it not matter? After a few months.

Nactous
Thank the maker!

Kapton JAC
Nac, I think for you they might make an exception. stick out tongue

Christmas Past
It's really about being friendly with moderators. Some guys who should have been banned years ago here stayed members because they sucked up to the mods.

jaden101
^ laughing comedy gold

Banned Camp
^ laughing comedy gold

smokin'

Grand-Moff-Gav
Originally posted by Christmas Past
It's really about being friendly with moderators. Some guys who should have been banned years ago here stayed members because they sucked up to the mods.

I think that's just sour grapes...

I mean there are plenty of users who don't get on with the mods whatsoever, often misbehave and are not banned.

Indeed, there are one or two people in this thread who like to push their luck and have so far survived it.

Bardock42
Why are you looking at me... What the f**k?

Nactous
Then theres the Mods that do it for sport....

Captain REX
No, not really.

Nactous
Oh, I can totally see you and Ush on horse back in red coats with dogs and muskets on a green hill. It'd be like Fox hunting.

General Kaliero
Actually, it's more like duck hunting, when the ducks are in a bucket, the bucket is a shot glass, and we have dynamite.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
I think I would be right in assuming that my next ban will be permanent, I don't really want that to happen.

]Originally posted by Christmas Past

Such irony in this topic.

Captain REX
Indeed.

Red Nemesis
Is there a perma-permaban? I'm pretty sure that Nebaris went through 4 usernames in 3 days. Can't someone block his IP address?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
Is there a perma-permaban? I'm pretty sure that Nebaris went through 4 usernames in 3 days. Can't someone block his IP address? There are ways to bypass even that.

Grand-Moff-Gav
Did Devil King ever make a sock comeback?

Bardock42
Not as far as I know.

Grand-Moff-Gav
Originally posted by Bardock42
Not as far as I know.

Suprising...but also good news.

I'm sure Adam_POE will be able to fill us all in...(not literally)

Bardock42
Originally posted by Grand-Moff-Gav
Suprising...but also good news.

I'm sure Adam_POE will be able to fill us all in...(not literally) I am sure he'd be able to, figuratively and literally.

Grand-Moff-Gav
Originally posted by Bardock42
I am sure he'd be able to, figuratively and literally.

Indeed.

Captain REX
I don't think Devil_King ever made a sock, but I don't remember.

Nebaris and all his various other names (most recently Taven and Weaboo) use means of getting past IP bans, but yes, we do have an IP ban that we employ against certain groups or persons.

Nactous
Originally posted by Captain REX
I don't think Devil_King ever made a sock, but I don't remember.

Nebaris and all his various other names (most recently Taven and Weaboo) use means of getting past IP bans, but yes, we do have an IP ban that we employ against certain groups or persons.

Ever been guilty about banning someone you thought was a sock, but wasn't?

Captain REX
No, actually. Not at all. It's usually really damn obvious. Why?

Nactous
Well you thought Jac and I were...

You came close if i recall.

Captain REX
Cool beans, Nactous. But you weren't. Any bans you have had were not for that.

Nactous
Indeed.

Not a a sock
No, actually. Not at all. It's usually really damn obvious. Why?

Yes you have. I watched several people get banned who were accused of being me and were not.

Anyway your ban policy was funniest when lots of people were using false i.p. masking, Raz put paid to that for many sad. Now only a few of us can get round your proxy ban. I love it when I surface obviously and you are only seeing the tip of the iceberg. wink

Grand-Moff-Gav
Originally posted by Not a a sock
Yes you have. I watched several people get banned who were accused of being me and were not.

Anyway your ban policy was funniest when lots of people were using false i.p. masking, Raz put paid to that for many sad. Now only a few of us can get round your proxy ban. I love it when I surface obviously and you are only seeing the tip of the iceberg. wink

Does this person have a point to their existence?

(Captain, whats happened to WrathfulDawrf?)

Captain REX
No, that person doesn't. He's slightly retarded.

And WD is taking an extended vacation.

Internet Friend
No, that person doesn't. He's slightly retarded.

And WD is taking an extended vacation.

wink Somebody has lots of work in the comics forum. Have a nice day!

Mr Parker

Bardock42
Originally posted by Mr Parker
very right.Look at A.C.He is on his fourth ban now and just seems to be allowed to come back all the time constantly. He does spread them over the years...

jaden101
what actually happens when you try to log in when you're banned...can you even get into the site?...does it let you read the threads but just stops you posting in them?...can you access pm's and your control panel?

Rogue Jedi
Don't you people get it? Getting banned is Cool. You are Cool when you get banned. The longer the ban, the Cooler you are.

Bardock42
what actually happens when you try to log in when you're banned...can you even get into the site?...does it let you read the threads but just stops you posting in them?...can you access pm's and your control panel?

You can't read the threads and you can't enter the control panel or your PMs (you might see flashing PMs that you can't read, I believe). You only see the screen where it tells you that you are banned and for what reason. If you clear your cookies you can view KMC though, like a guest could. But I think even that doesn't work if you are IP Banned.

Nactous
Where is WD?

Raz
WD resigned as a moderator.

Since we're off topic - closing...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.