League of Champions Week One: Digimark Vs. Fangirl

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

illadelph12
Week 1 Battlefield: New York City

Battle Duration: Monday, September 15th @ 10am thru Friday, September 19th @ 12am)

Combatants: Digi Vs. Fangirl

Judges: Badabing, Red, Galan

Good luck to the combatants.

illadelph12

illadelph12

illadelph12

DigiMark007
Just as a note, my area got hit with leftovers from Ike. Not nearly full force (I'm FAR from the coast) but enough to knock power out at my house for a few days and leave some property damage. I'm also saddled with jury duty this week, so my life just went from zero to insanely complicated this week.

My friend's letting me use his computer (he's in one of the pockets that kept their power), and I had the presence of mind to save all my scans on my flash drive a few days ago, so I should be ok for tourney purposes. But a couple hours a day will be a maximum, if I'm lucky, so I apologize if I can't post a ton.

DigiMark007

fangirl101
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Couple quickies:

1. I think I covered everything fangirl said in my writeup. But hell. I'm bored.

2. Thanks for the kudos on the audio stuff. I'll be shortening them for future matches, for those who are concerned about them, but they're ultimately just as easy to follow.

3. My plan is outlined in teh scans as well. For the audiologically disinclined, you can read those as well...there's plenty there to respond to.

And I thought my prep was hard to follow ( stick out tongue ). Seriously, abbreviations...erm.

Really? Cool. So would you say these blasts might be akin to, say, a Nova Blast?

http://img102.imageshack.us/my.php?image=absorptionnovablastks3.jpg

Yeah, pwned. Moving on.

You are docmparing the Human torch's blast to a blast by a Giant version of star fire? Come now. Do better than that. And it's not like Torch has Star fire's strength and durability or solar absorbtion powers.

GIANT PARAGRAPH OF DEATH!!!!11!0!1

Anyway, let's break it down:

- The myth that he can determine matchups. Very false. Tony's fast as crap, he's dealing with far more firepower than he's dishing out. And beyond on all that, my team is sticking together. He's fighting all of us, not individual matchups.

That just makes it more easy for my team to wins since they have far more firepower combined than you realized. Now we don't have to split up to take you down. And with my team sticking close together since yours is, then My Mass master powers then offer additional shields to my two buddies

- Gravitizing the entire battle. Nyet. See also: Machine Man looking sideways at you once you get close. Scans above.
when Machine Man can over come the pull of a tractor beam of a star class vessel let me know.

- Punching Speedball. Why would I do that?

- Also, it occurs to me that I didn't provide multiple concrete way of taking out Speedork. Strangling works, as I mentioned earlier. But how about this: superheating his skin until he melts/explodes. I don't have access to my regular computer (no power, hurricane winds, etc.) but I have a scan of him superheating Ultron until he literally breaks apart after he wraps him up with his arm extensions. That'll easily work.

- Gas form?!
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd199/MachineMan616/X-51_The_Machine_Man_02_pg11.jpg
Please do. It'll save me time.
Super heating my team? Lulz. star fire processes solar energy, Power Ball has density and energy absorbtion powers, and BP has a vibrainium suit, aversion field, and force field. Try Something else. Super heating isn't working.

Wait. WAIT. Starfire is taking on 3 people?! It's just a...well...a bigger flying brick than before. Still unimpressive. Minion can still slit her open anywhere, Tony can absorb energy, and they can generally just beat her down. What has she ever done that even an increase in size would do much of anything?
So a Chick who takes asteroids to the dome, destroys them, flies interstellar distances under her own durability, is able to blast wonder woman out of the sky in one shot, take a full on bull blitz from wondy, and breifly match the AF before being shot by it and even surviving is just a bigger flying brick? lulz at DIGI for trying to down play starfire. At 50ft she'd be a monster. With more solar absorbtion abilities than before. And I hadn't even have her grow to the maximum 100 ft that Vi had just yet.

Joking, yes? This one can't even fly. I ignore it while I kill your other two. Or hit it with a stray bolt of spread-fire energy while battling the real threats. Problem solved.you missed my prep where BP picked up Vi's flight ring, and brainiac's force field belt.

Ebony blade, tech, small anti-metal claws. Woo. Can't fly, and you're basically still a street leveler. If I could pimp hand this amalgam, I would. As it is, the aversion field prevents me from that pleasure, so I'll just wait to kill you in a less cool fashion.

Oh, also a horrible miscalculation. Attacking Sinister with Speedball doesn't mean anyone else has telepathic resistance. Mind-rape ftw, yo. Speedy will be the only one fighting after the opening moments of the fight.

Except you've already shown that Speed Ball's field can be extended to protect others. Now show me Sinister mind raping an entire group of people in one blast. and Getting around a defense that is powerful enough to resist the gamesmaster

And since Sinister doesn't have a scan from me yet:
http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=Uncanny%20X-Men%20221-02.jpg
http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=Uncanny%20X-Men%20221-03.jpg
I don't know what it is, I just copied/pasted something from his section in my files. But I'm sure it pwns.

So there. You have something to respond to fangirl. Make with teh punching.

fangirl101

fangirl101

DigiMark007
Digi Post #2

Won't have scans until tomorrow. Will post them in a separate post. Until then, I'll be describing a few. You'll have to take my word until you can see them.

But kudos to fangirl for making it a match. I'm happy to be forced to actually be serious, which my last post wasn't (though it's still very valid in terms of the match). Anyway, play time's over. g'luck FG. You're fighting uphill as it is, and I'm going to make it even harder in a second here.

Originally posted by fangirl101
You are docmparing the Human torch's blast to a blast by a Giant version of star fire? Come now. Do better than that. And it's not like Torch has Star fire's strength and durability or solar absorbtion powers.

Are you familiar with Johnny?

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/6663/13antigravityblastpr7.jpg
or
http://img485.imageshack.us/img485/1834/18altersflameandbodyandqq6.jpg
...and those are just examples.

There's also the scan of him covering the American East Coast with a nova blast, but I can't find the scan.

And look at the scan again:
http://img102.imageshack.us/my.php?image=absorptionnovablastks3.jpg
It didn't phase Tony at all. Not only might she not be able to match Johnny's output, but she'd have to be >>>>> it to even begin to bother Tony.

Not to mention that Tony's Uni-Beam can achieve temps that are > the sun at about 60% of his power output (I'll post the scan tomorrow). Starfire might not even have the best solar blasts in this fight.

Your blasts are just that, blasts. I can produce sonics, lasers, telepathy, etc. etc. etc. Also, Starfire still has lower durability than anyone on my team, and I can't believe she could produce the nuke-esque blasts that I showed my team surviving. Or if she did, you team would be boned as well. Also, my healing. Starfire's going to be reeling from every blast, big or not. Hell, I'll just have Minion fly around and slash her throat in his IM armor, with his molebdenum blade that is almost as tough as adamantium (which I'll also corroborate with scans once I'm back home tomorrow). She won't be healing from that, or attacking, or doing anything but dying.

when Machine Man can over come the pull of a tractor beam of a star class vessel let me know.

I will. I'll probably use it in a fight. But until then, this comment means nothing. Show me Power Pax manipulating something whose gravity has been negated, THEN we'll talk. I don't have to overcome PP's gravity powers. I'm just not giving you anything to fight me with.

Also, we have yet to see PP do anything with his more exotic powers. I know he can use gravity, but I negated that. Prove to me he'd do half the stuff you say with any kind of skill, and maybe he lasts longer than a minute.

Super heating my team? Lulz. star fire processes solar energy, Power Ball has density and energy absorbtion powers, and BP has a vibrainium suit, aversion field, and force field. Try Something else. Super heating isn't working.

Look closer. I'm not doing this to Starfire. I'm punching her into ugly, crippling her with sonics, laying her low with telepathy, and cutting her throat. I'm only doing this to Speedball, who'd be susceptible to it once I wrap him up with X-51. And if you try your gas form to get out of it, I already showed earlier why you'd be in a ton of trouble. Within hundredths of a second, Tony would be producing hurricane winds with MM's powers to blow you into nothingness.

you missed my prep where BP picked up Vi's flight ring, and brainiac's force field belt.

Missed that. My bad. He remains a minor nuisance, a street leveler with a flight ring. Iron Man won't be getting touched, can hit at least Mach 8 (I have scans), similar with Minion in the IM suit, and I have such epic healing feats that anything you do to me will be temporary.

Actually, as mentioned in the writeup, strangling would also work on this amalgam.

Except you've already shown that Speed Ball's field can be extended to protect others. Now show me Sinister mind raping an entire group of people in one blast. and Getting around a defense that is powerful enough to resist the gamesmaster

Lulz. Co-opting my ideas for your team now? You never stated he'd be doing this initially, so when you start the fight, 2/3 of your team is immensely vulnerable to tp. Speedball certainly is immune to tp, even of Sinister's level. But no one else on your team has even passable tp resistance. In short, Sinister could probably win the battle alone.

And Speedball only extended his field to protect from energy. You're guessing entirely by saying it would work for tp as well. I only speculated that he MAY be able to do it, and there certainly isn't evidence to suggest that he can. Beyond that, I already showed how extending his field makes him more vulnerable (see writeup scans). If you want to provide momentary tp resistance for everyone, fine. Speedball will die that much quicker.

Random Notes (instead of quoting his other posts):

- learn to quote me like I'm doing here in this post, if possible. Easier for me (and judges) to see what you're saying. Just a friendly tip.

Speedy
- Speedball's only powerful attacks are super-charged ones. This doesn't change after he "gets training" as fangirl seems to imply. I know because I've read almost everything he's ever been in. That scan of Namor laughing at "soap bubbles" is exactly what we'll be facing. Fangirl never did ANYTHING to charge him, at any point in the match. Very important to remember.

- Similarly, he doesn't suddenly gain the ability to change direction mid-air with training. He still bounces, albeit with more skill than before. Sans gravity powers (negated: see earlier) he's still a liability to the "burden of momentum" I mentioned in my writeup.

PowerDork
- Would PP's disintegrating touch work more quickly on someone with ridiculous healing than a slash to the face would work on him? Just checking. Because if we're touching each other like this, it means Speedball's at rest, and thus his powers are utterly worthless. So it's Power Dork vs. epic amounts of damage, either energy, piercing, sonics, strangling, etc. depending on who is doing the slaying of him. Whatever works best.

- Also just realized that PP is largely ground-bound due to no gravity powers. Bonus. I can rain energy down on him until he succumbs to it. Or wrap him up and supercharge him with ehated energy, absorbing anything that is thrown back at me (see Tony absorbing Nova Blast in my previous post).

- Sticking with this theme, has Power Pax done all this stuff with his powers, or his siblings? You're using every power in his book, but providing no evidence that he could use them all so quickly and efficiently. IIRC, he has about 10 showings as PP. Hardly enough to be experienced with anything but the gravity powers, which are gone. You have some work to do there before it's believable.

Starfire
- Maybe Starfire's the strongest in the fight. Maybe. But I've never been concerned with that. She can barely heal, if at all, will be vulnerable to Minion's formidable cutting, Tony's sonic attacks, and Sinister's telepathy.

- Starfire wasn't depowered for that embarrassing showing I posted. I'll be happy to be proved wrong, and it's not like it's intrinsic to my plan, but unless I'm mistaken, it's a completely valid owning by a T-Rex's tail.

Sinister
- STILL no answer to telepathy. 2/3 of the team is literally gone in the opening seconds. Mind Possession is banned, but shutting down minds and/or turning them into putty isn't. And did he really just ask if Sinister can handle 2 untrained minds at once?! That's like demanding proof that Spider-Man can dodge bullets. It seems I actually do need to post some Sinister scans this match. Be prepared for more than enough evidence once I retrieve my files from home.

- Damn, I wanna use Joker too. Eh. Maybe next match.

fangirl101
I'm very familiar with Johnny. Now are you familiar with Wonder Woman's bracers?

She's deflected the Omega Beams and Superman's heat vision while sun charged as well as Multiple blast from Amazo. With no visable effect or after affect.

Take a look what Kory's blast does when she's angry.
http://community.livejournal.com/scans_daily/3044900.html

Her blast actually leave Wondy's bracers crackling with energy. And this is after Wondy has to cross her bracers and use her shield.
She even manages to One shot wondy out of the sky with her casual one handed blast.
Let us also not forget that she managed to match Orion's Blast for a time before being overwhelmed.

Here, Kory manages to hurt a New God in thier Giant form with her blast. Something I've only seen the earth angel Supergirl do. And this is while She was weakened from not having absorbed any star energy for after being cut off by Devilance.
http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/9112/scan00169um.jpg

Now you wanna tell me that a giant form of Star Fire Isn't going to be able to completely incinerate most of your team in the first second of the fight? you actually think minion is going to be cutting her when at her regular size she can fly at light speeds with no shields? Do you know how durable you have to be to do that? Stop fooling yourself Digi. StarFire is a threat, and at 50 ft, She's going to pwn at least some of your team.

Oh and One thing Tony wouldn't want to do to Kory is hit her with a Solar beam. Wouldn't want to provide her with additional power now would we?

Oh and Digi, you think Minion is going to be slashing Giant Star's throat? ha ha. The powers of Vi are instantaneous. the moment she sees Minion or anyone coming at her, You know she does have super ehnanced senses and all,flying thru space at stellar speeds and stuff, She shrinks down to 2cm and flies into minion's suit, or who ever and pwns them from the inside by frying them or growing. Or She does her nova blast from inside the skull of whom ever she see's fit. Get around that hot shot. your blade isn't small enough to slice her throat at that size.

All of the Power Pack children have the ability to recall the more exotic uses of thier siblings power and expand on them. you should have looked up the power pack as individuals. they've all swapped powers and used the exotic abilities. they Each have had ALL of the other's powers. Didn't you know? Oh and dont' forget that they have instant healing powers. Tee hee.

Once again Digi, I see you've only researched speed Ball. part of Power Pax's power set is called Density manipulation. You wouldn't be able to blow him apart. His conciousness remains. And he has his own form of the same wind blast. They call them density Blast. Or Deflects your air blast with A density shield. And I think you are under the impression that speed Ball has to be in motion to flex his shield. that isn't how that works. In your very own scan of speed ball deflecting sienna blazes attack, he's standing there expanding the field outwards to protect others. He's not in motion. So Speedy's field is up anytime he wants it to be. moving or not.

"Sigh's" Digi. How can you strangle someone you can't touch? You first have to aim to strangle. Aversion field? You won't be strangling BP? Oh and if you think Iron Man is out maneuvering a Legion flight ring, you better think again. That ring is thousands of years more advanced than any thing Tony is wearing. Oh and Yes BP can do lasting damage to anyone he faces. The EB is more than enough to lob off anyone's head and they wont' be able to do a thing about it. Don't forget wide area blast won't work because he took Brainiac 5's force field belt at prep. Unless you are stronger than a Daxamie, you aren't getting thru that shield.

Digi, You never stated that you'd mind rape at the beginning of the battle. And I've never seen Sinister mind rape multiple moving targets at once. And you seem to think that Speedy's kinetic field needs to be flexed to cover my team. Oh no dear. you see the mass master affect would allow Power Ball to spread himself like a mist over the entire team while at the same time having the advantage of the kinetic field in place. Without flexing. Oh and the Mass master power allows the user to even control different parts of the mist without being attached. If I get to find scans or get help I'll post these feats.

DigiMark007

DigiMark007
Digi Post #4

I'm very familiar with Johnny. Now are you familiar with Wonder Woman's bracers?

She's deflected the Omega Beams and Superman's heat vision while sun charged as well as Multiple blast from Amazo. With no visable effect or after affect.

Take a look what Kory's blast does when she's angry.
http://community.livejournal.com/scans_daily/3044900.html

Faulty logic. "WW has blocked Amazo, therefore blocking Kory's blasts means it's of equal value." By that logic, me punching the bracers is of the same strength as Omega Beams. Wonder Woman looks upset, not harmed. That shows me nothing.

And do I really need to list the people Iron Man has stalemated for far longer than Kory has fought with, well, anyone? A stalemate isn't an admission of power...it's surviving for a bit before the more powerful person gets pissed.

Her blast actually leave Wondy's bracers crackling with energy. And this is after Wondy has to cross her bracers and use her shield.
She even manages to One shot wondy out of the sky with her casual one handed blast.

Again, if by "crackling energy" you mean "unharmed," then I agree. Also, lulz at "casual blast." Kory was ticked. That's like saying leonidas was casual as he delivered his kick to the Persian messenger.

wcAq9mOUx8s

Oh and One thing Tony wouldn't want to do to Kory is hit her with a Solar beam. Wouldn't want to provide her with additional power now would we?

Read carefully. I didn't attack her with the Uni-Beam. That would be silly. I only made the point that she likely doesn't have the best solar blasts in the fight, which I maintain.

I will, however, reiterate that nothing you've shown is anything close to a Nova Blast, which I've shown Tony absorbing and redirecting back at him. The same goes for Minion, only slightly less so since he's not in Extremis but still a fairly recent armor. Your solar blasts won't even hurt my team, and will likely be getting used against you. For all the hype, you still haven't produced evidence of anything I can't easily deal with.

Oh and Digi, you think Minion is going to be slashing Giant Star's throat? ha ha. The powers of Vi are instantaneous. the moment she sees Minion or anyone coming at her, You know she does have super ehnanced senses and all,flying thru space at stellar speeds and stuff, She shrinks down to 2cm and flies into minion's suit, or who ever and pwns them from the inside by frying them or growing. Or She does her nova blast from inside the skull of whom ever she see's fit. Get around that hot shot.

Gladly.

Anyone familiar with Tony knows that his armor can't be breached by outside forces. Quantum nanites (sub-atomic) are the only thing that can possibly invade his armor:
http://img364.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cantteleportseperatlyzg2.jpg
...and certainly nothing as clunky and worthless as 2cm. You'll just be easier to kill. So please try that. It'll make things easier.

Now, on to speed. "Steller speeds!" Woo! 'cept the speed cap is Mach 10. You can't exceed that, and I can match it with 2 of my 3. Also, flight speed isn't combat speed, and as I posted before:
http://img176.imageshack.us/my.php?image=imreaction1sr7.jpg
...nobody's coming close to that. Not Starfire, not anybody. I'll do whatever I want to her, thank you.

Minion is also no slouch:
http://img72.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bt11pe1.jpg
http://img466.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bt12sr1.jpg

And he's also as sharp/durable as they come:
http://img249.imageshack.us/my.php?image=41mh1.jpg
...not highest quality adamantium in the scan, but adamantium nonetheless. So cutting her isn't an issue. And I will heal. You, however, will feel everything I do to you.

Also, 50 feet is hardly as gigantic as you seem to think. One good cut across the throat would kill her. At normal size, Minion would simply cut her head off. But a deep slash works just as well.
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/DC_CaptainComet/DarkGuard0207.jpg
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/DC_CaptainComet/DarkGuard0208.jpg

All of the Power Pack children have the ability to recall the more exotic uses of thier siblings power and expand on them. you should have looked up the power pack as individuals. they've all swapped powers and used the exotic abilities. they Each have had ALL of the other's powers. Didn't you know? Oh and dont' forget that they have instant healing powers. Tee hee.

Tee hee indeed. I'm beginning to think this is simply a load of crap. Has Alex Power done these things? Any of them? Let alone in tight conjunction with one another, to meet every one of my varied threats? Even issue numbers would suffice, or descriptions of feats. But no, you're just listing powers, not really explaining how or when they're being used, and certainly not justifying that he'd do any of them with the mind-numbing efficiency that would be needed to combat my team.

Once again Digi, I see you've only researched speed Ball. part of Power Pax's power set is called Density manipulation. You wouldn't be able to blow him apart. His conciousness remains. And he has his own form of the same wind blast. They call them density Blast. Or Deflects your air blast with A density shield. And I think you are under the impression that speed Ball has to be in motion to flex his shield. that isn't how that works. In your very own scan of speed ball deflecting sienna blazes attack, he's standing there expanding the field outwards to protect others. He's not in motion. So Speedy's field is up anytime he wants it to be. moving or not.

So lemme get this straight, if possible. You say you'll turn into a gas form (no evidence, but whatever), I produce a scan (hard evidence) that shows that I'll blow you into nothingness. You say you'll use density powers, which while in gas form (no evidence, slightly illogical at best anyway) for it to matter? Or use your own wind powers, which are effectively worthless because I doubt you could use them in gas form, and if you're not in gas form they serve no function at all. So really, can you use these all at once? Can you increase the density of your gas form while blowing other air toward me to counteract my own??? Or are you just making sh*t up? Because you seem confused at to when and how I'm attacking you, and in which situations, and are doing nothing more than listing powers (none shown by Alex yet, btw) and hoping one of them fits.

And yeah, Speedy's field is always up. Which is why I never said I'd punch him, which would charge the field. But at a resting state, it's not nearly as useful as when he charged. So yeah, it's up. But it brings nothing to the fight, especially when I still have oodles of ways of taking you out besides punching.

DigiMark007
Digi Post #5

"Sigh's" Digi. Oh and if you think Iron Man is out maneuvering a Legion flight ring, you better think again. That ring is thousands of years more advanced than any thing Tony is wearing.

The ring is from the future, yes, but just allows for flight. It's hardly cutting-edge tech. You want to explain how it grants the user enhanced reflexes that come close to what I've shown my team capable of? Or are you just going to go with the "it's from the future" angle?

Digi, You never stated that you'd mind rape at the beginning of the battle.

I did. Much as I know you hated the audio writeup, I specifically stated that I could take out everyone but Speedball with Sinister in it. I actually specifically used the word mind-rape in it as well. I also said the onus was upon you to prove otherwise, which is still is. You haven't. Thus, mind-rape for the win.

And I've never seen Sinister mind rape multiple moving targets at once. And you seem to think that Speedy's kinetic field needs to be flexed to cover my team. Oh no dear. you see the mass master affect would allow Power Ball to spread himself like a mist over the entire team while at the same time having the advantage of the kinetic field in place. Without flexing. Oh and the Mass master power allows the user to even control different parts of the mist without being attached. If I get to find scans or get help I'll post these feats.

Are you really resorting to claiming that Sinister's tp is messed up because people are moving instead of stationary?

Anyway, aside from that nonsense, here's a few feats just so the judges can't complain.

Pawns Jean Grey telepathically
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/SpunkySmurph/Marvel/Scans/uxm243pg04cy0.jpg

Same with Psylocke, and he also prevents her from accessing her powers:
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/SpunkySmurph/Marvel/Scans/uxm243pg07ka7.jpg

Is Starfire as skilled telepathically as Jean? Is Judomaster? T'Challa? Anyone? Bueller? ....Bueller?

The rest is speculation. I already explained why he doesn't get the luxury of his field around his entire team (see "Double Standards" section), so the mind-rape is in full affect. And presuming that the kinetic field can be turned into a mist, which has never been shown and may not be possible given the nature of his powers, is absurd. And I already showed why expanding his field makes him more vulnerable to energy attacks. And I already showed how I can deal with him in mist form.

Nothing holds up fangirl. Nothing.

fangirl101
Digi Post #5

The ring is from the future, yes, but just allows for flight. It's hardly cutting-edge tech. You want to explain how it grants the user enhanced reflexes that come close to what I've shown my team capable of? Or are you just going to go with the "it's from the future" angle?

I did. Much as I know you hated the audio writeup, I specifically stated that I could take out everyone but Speedball with Sinister in it. I actually specifically used the word mind-rape in it as well. I also said the onus was upon you to prove otherwise, which is still is. You haven't. Thus, mind-rape for the win.

Are you really resorting to claiming that Sinister's tp is messed up because people are moving instead of stationary?

Anyway, aside from that nonsense, here's a few feats just so the judges can't complain.

Pawns Jean Grey telepathically
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/SpunkySmurph/Marvel/Scans/uxm243pg04cy0.jpg

Same with Psylocke, and he also prevents her from accessing her powers:
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/SpunkySmurph/Marvel/Scans/uxm243pg07ka7.jpg

Is Starfire as skilled telepathically as Jean? Is Judomaster? T'Challa? Anyone? Bueller? ....Bueller?

The rest is speculation. I already explained why he doesn't get the luxury of his field around his entire team (see "Double Standards" section), so the mind-rape is in full affect. And presuming that the kinetic field can be turned into a mist, which has never been shown and may not be possible given the nature of his powers, is absurd. And I already showed why expanding his field makes him more vulnerable to energy attacks. And I already showed how I can deal with him in mist form.

Nothing holds up fangirl. Nothing.
Mutant Massacre holds up. It shows the kids using thier powers in many of the ways I described. Also in Power Pack Holiday Special. I'm pretty much done with this match. without scans I can't really back up much unless the judges themselves are as familiar with the characters as I am. U seem NOT to be.

DigiMark007
Mutant Massacre holds up. It shows the kids using thier powers in many of the ways I described. Also in Power Pack Holiday Special. I'm pretty much done with this match. without scans I can't really back up much unless the judges themselves are as familiar with the characters as I am. U seem NOT to be.

It's not the responsibility of opponents and judges to know your team intimately. It's your responsibility to ensure that they understand what the need to know. So no, I don't know anything about Power Pax. Which is even worse for you, since I've read through this match and still feel that way.

Also, feats of the siblings don't count for Alex. Even with scans, you'd have to do better than that.

fangirl101
It's not the responsibility of opponents and judges to know your team intimately. It's your responsibility to ensure that they understand what the need to know. So no, I don't know anything about Power Pax. Which is even worse for you, since I've read through this match and still feel that way.

Also, feats of the siblings don't count for Alex. Even with scans, you'd have to do better than that. actually feats of siblings Do count. Every time they swap powers, th eother sibling has been shown to do the exact same thing AND add to it. He's had all of thier powers individually and collectively as Power Pax.

DigiMark007
Heh. I'll save it for my next big post tomorrow. I'd rather not waste my tourney posts playing semantics with you.

DigiMark007
Digi Post #Last

Eh. Was expecting a final hurrah. Maybe he's waiting to get the last word and responding to everything. That would be his only hope at this point, so it might be smart.

But even then. Eh.

If fangirl wants to believe that Alex's siblings' feats count, good for him. Judges can make their own ruling on that. Personally, I can't see it. I remember Soujaboy and MartianMind arguing something similar against me once. They were using Thor's versatility feats for BRB. One doesn't necessarily translate to the other, even if the same potential is there. Judges didn't buy it in that match either.

But it doesn't matter. I have telepathy pwnage that he never countered. I have multiple ways beyond that to take down all his amalgams. I have every weakness of Speedball pointed out and exploited. I have reasons why a larger Starfire isn't a better Starfire. And I have scans to back up each and every point. My opponent: maybe 3-4 scans, nothing to corroborate anything he's doing with Power Pax, most of which sounds impossible, or at least highly unlikely that he has the experience and reactions needed to pull off such epic power-juggling. And after calling Sinister "the most dangerous and versatile opponent I'll be facing" (his words, not mine) he proceeded to try to tell you that he can't attack 2 people telepathically, when it's widely known as one of his strongest powers. His reason for this: they're moving. Uh.

You have a good team fangirl. A lot more can be done with them, and you rightly subbed out at least 1 dead weight pick in Starfire for next round's match (though I personally would have kept BP). But you did next to nothing with them this round, and effectively refuted nothing I presented.

Good luck to you as the tourney continues, thank you to the judges, delph, and any interested onlookers.

illadelph12

illadelph12

illadelph12
This was a good match. I understand that Fangirl was in the hospital and debating at an obvious disadvantage. You had the tools to achieve victory in this match, but in my opinion you just didn't put it together. You seemed primarily focused on your defenses and didn't just do the obvious (well, seemingly obvious to me, at least) to achieve victory.

Digi presented a well structured, well substantiated plan and there was little left to speculate upon (save the Machine Man being able to nullify Powerhouse's abilities, which I didn't believe). By and large, Fangirl's plan was built on a lot of speculation (particularly in regards to the feats of Powerhouse and his siblings), and she spent to much time on inconsequential points.

Judge's Vote: Digi

Sorry Fangirl. You had the tools, you just didn't put them together properly.

fangirl101
Originally posted by illadelph12
This was a good match. I understand that Fangirl was in the hospital and debating at an obvious disadvantage. You had the tools to achieve victory in this match, but in my opinion you just didn't put it together. You seemed primarily focused on your defenses and didn't just do the obvious (well, seemingly obvious to me, at least) to achieve victory. Congrats digi.

Digi presented a well structured, well substantiated plan and there was little left to speculate upon (save the Machine Man being able to nullify Powerhouse's abilities, which I didn't believe). By and large, Fangirl's plan was built on a lot of speculation (particularly in regards to the feats of Powerhouse and his siblings), and she spent to much time on inconsequential points.

Judge's Vote: Digi

Sorry Fangirl. You had the tools, you just didn't put them together properly.
Now that the battle is over, and I'm at home, I'll post the Power pax kids swapping each others feats. It's better to be right and late, than people thinking you are wrong for ever.

illadelph12
It's kind of pointless at this point though...

fangirl101
Originally posted by illadelph12
It's kind of pointless at this point though...

Nah. People really thought I was stretching when I said the kids all copy each other's feats and all have had each others powers. I can't have yall thinking I was wrong. Tee hee. You know I"m not in this to win it. Or even come close right. confused

Starscream M
You know I"m not in this to win it. Or even come close right. confused so what are you in it for?

fangirl101
Originally posted by Starscream M
so what are you in it for?
Fun.

psycho gundam
for the record, they did exchange power's.

alex aka gee had the power to effect gravity, katie aka energizer had the power to shoot out energy spheres from her torso area that had destructive capabilities, (i forget his real name off hand) aka mass master had the power to expand his atomic structure into a fine mist and also the ability to compact his atoms reducing him to the size of a doll but retaining his original mass, and lastly (i forget her real name too) aka lightspeed, she had the ability to fly at around the speed of sound leaving a trail of light in a rainbow
fashion.

then when they swapped, gee gained katie's powers and became destroyer, katie got mass master's power and was named molecula, lightspeed gained gee's gravity power, and mass master lightspeed's.

in a future timeline in mojoverse, there was a character named powerpax that was composed of all the children's powers and she fought along side the x-men to defeat mojo there.

fangirl101
Originally posted by psycho gundam
for the record, they did exchange power's.

alex aka gee had the power to effect gravity, katie aka energizer had the power to shoot out energy spheres from her torso area that had destructive capabilities, (i forget his real name off hand) aka mass master had the power to expand his atomic structure into a fine mist and also the ability to compact his atoms reducing him to the size of a doll but retaining his original mass, and lastly (i forget her real name too) aka lightspeed, she had the ability to fly at around the speed of sound leaving a trail of light in a rainbow
fashion.

then when they swapped, gee gained katie's powers and became destroyer, katie got mass master's power and was named molecula, lightspeed gained gee's gravity power, and mass master lightspeed's.

in a future timeline in mojoverse, there was a character named powerpax that was composed of all the children's powers and she fought along side the x-men to defeat mojo there.
And they swapped again. Until each of them had everyone else's power.

DigiMark007
Well heck. Post them next match, because you still have PP on your team. Posting them now won't help, and will only give your opponent more of a heads-up. I realize you're here to have fun, but it's also evident that winning is fun. So little things like that will get your point across without sacrificing a strategic advantage by posting them now. The judges are different next round too, so you'll just be re-posting them anyway.

In any case, good match and better luck as the tourney continues. Thanks to the judges.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.