The real Devastator will be in TF 2.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Endrict Nuul
News

Which Robot is Confirmed for Transformers 2?
Source:TFW2005
September 10, 2008

TFW2005 has received word that the combiner Devastator will appear in the Michael Bay sequel Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. The site says it has confirmed the following:

- Seven construction vehicles merge to form Devastator
- Devastator has lots of upper body strength, like a gorilla
- Not just green, some of the vehicles are red and yellow
- The previously Long Haul concept art by Josh Nizzi is legit

"Revenge of the Fallen" hits conventional theaters and IMAX on June 26, 2009.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/newthread.php?s=&action=newthread&forumid=94

Scythe
Let's hope this turns out as awesome as they are making it sound.

Kazenji
Whats this concept art by Josh Nizzi ?

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul

TFW2005 has received word that the combiner Devastator will appear in the Michael Bay sequel Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. The site says it has confirmed the following:

- Seven construction vehicles merge to form Devastator
- Devastator has lots of upper body strength, like a gorilla
- Not just green, some of the vehicles are red and yellow

- Seven...? Its SIX, Rawwwwr...! mad

- "Lots of Upper body strength, like a gorilla"=
"Its gonna look like a stupidly top heavy gorilla-insect like Starscream"
sad

- "Not just green, some of the vehicles are red and yellow."=
"Looks like any old random Gestault and not only will Devastator's
new design not look like Devastator, but he'll be the wrong colours
too."

Ahhhhh well. Should make the hollywood cash whores happy when the returns from those able to put up with this come rolling in regardless of content.... roll eyes (sarcastic) ah well guess thats all that matters in this day and age. sad

So to summarise, it doesnt sound like "Real Devastator" will be in it at all. That long haul design is shit.
Way too oversized. (How big is Devastator meant to be in this?!!!?? His design looks like the bad-guy droids in "The fifth element" more than a transformer.

Not amused.

Scythe
Hahaha. Honestly, this won't be anything like Devastator. It'll carry the brand, but not gonna represent in my opinion. As far as the movies go, I've learned to make sacrifices, and get used to this chopped up version. I've come to understand it's marely G1 inspired, and nothing more. The films have their own universe, and just like I hated Beast Wars for making my favorite bots f*ckin' animals, I grew used to them little by little and have grown to like few them. I expect TF 2 to be another good action movie with big explosions and robots, nothing more.

Sadako of Girth
Fair play..... They coulda changed the brand name, called it something else and left TFS alone though 'til someone who really cared about the the content could make it... but not while wallets/pocketbooks need raping... Dammit.

My hopes are on Robotech for a realtistic and arguably more TFs feeling movie...heh at least we may see some Jetfire looking stuff.

On a positive note.... Just got a copy of the 20th anniversary edition of Transformers: The Movie... Loved it.
I'd only ever seen the UK print: The Star wars scroll introed/beginning and end narration-featuring/non-profanity-having version.
Amazing colour correction/re-mastering/clean-up job they did too.
Never seen it look and sound so good.
And it's Devastator was excellent, as opposed to being very, very sucky. smile

Scythe
I have the 2-disc edition of the movie, it's quite awesome.

Sadako of Girth
Indeed.

How'd the multi-regioning go..?

Scythe
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Indeed.

How'd the multi-regioning go..? Well, the 2-disc 20th anniversary dvd was the american version, so it was my region. I haven't played around with my cheap dvd player yet to play RiD, I'll let you know.

Sadako of Girth
Ahhh. Cool. Should go smoothly when you do. smile

roughrider
- Seven...? Its SIX, Rawwwwr...! mad

- "Lots of Upper body strength, like a gorilla"=
"Its gonna look like a stupidly top heavy gorilla-insect like Starscream"
sad

- "Not just green, some of the vehicles are red and yellow."=
"Looks like any old random Gestault and not only will Devastator's
new design not look like Devastator, but he'll be the wrong colours
too."

Ahhhhh well. Should make the hollywood cash whores happy when the returns from those able to put up with this come rolling in regardless of content.... roll eyes (sarcastic) ah well guess thats all that matters in this day and age. sad

So to summarise, it doesnt sound like "Real Devastator" will be in it at all. That long haul design is shit.
Way too oversized. (How big is Devastator meant to be in this?!!!?? His design looks like the bad-guy droids in "The fifth element" more than a transformer.

Not amused.

Whine Whine Whine B*tch B*tch B*tch...

I'm glad I don't live my life this obsessively. Unless the Transformer is EXACTLY like the old cartoon version, it's not the real one. I'm a fan from way back; I watched the show after school in the 1980's; I bought the toys. And I watched the 1986 movie repeatedly. But, I probably couldn't sit through it now with all the cheesy aspects. I'm still a fan, but I've moved on, and I'm embracing the new versions we see in the movies.

Sadako of Girth
Well good for you, I guess.

Whine-whine-whining and b*tch-b*tch-b*tching is half of what these forums were invented for. So quit whining about my b*tching. stick out tongue

There is a big difference between being obsessive and just being discerning, you know. smile

roughrider

There is a big difference between being obsessive and just being discerning, you know. smile

Well, I see no evidence of such behaviour on this site. big grin

Sadako of Girth
LOL laughing

Alpha Centauri
It's known that I didn't hate the Transformers movie, I liked it for what it was, but some things I don't understand.

Changing the designs of the transformers I can understand. They look like aliens now and that's fine by me, I'm sure we all agree that nowadays, animations errors and mass shifting isn't exactly appealing or reasonable in any area besides the cartoon. What I don't understand is unnecessary changes; like making the Constructicons any other colours; why? It's not gonna add to them, nor is it going to make them any shitter by continuing to have them green.

It doesn't have to be BRIGHT green, they are meant to be in disguise, and that's one reason I understand removing the Decepticon/Autobot insignia, but still.

http://www.scificool.com/images/2008/04/constructicons-devastator-robot.jpg

To be honest, when fans are making up shit like that on their own, I find it hard to see why Hollywood can't just do that. I suppose because they're not making a G1 movie.

Then you've gotta ask, well sure, Devastator looks great made up of all the vehicles, but how will their singular robot modes look?

My point is, I don't consider the other characters, bar Frenzy, to be unforgivably butchered. To fit the gesalt teams in, you will end up butchering them, so just leave them out. Nobody will care if Devastator's not in it, and those that want him there would just end up disappointed anyway.

-AC

Sadako of Girth
Im totally with you on the changes.
Its just so Bay's people can claim new copyright on the new designs.

Trouble is with the statement that they now look alienesque is:
1) That noone knows what 'looking alieny' entails.

2)And when I see these dodgy second-hand-from-other-movies designs like like the Fifth Element monster/constructicon hybrid we have been shown so far, I just look at it and realise that the alien design excuse we get given is merely a cop out.

And with the weak weak storylines and weak but all very shiny looking characters they have given us in G1's place (basically a Feature length army/navy promo with monsters in it) there wont be much here helping me accept Bay's direction.

It doesn't have to be G1, but while having G1 character names, I feel they owe the characters some accuracy to the form.

Losty
they should of keept him purple and green

Sadako of Girth
I agree.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.