Should Windu have assmebled a better team?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

norrinradd43
As good as the team was that Windu had to confront the Emperor, should have have not waited for Yoda to make his move? The two of them would have certainly overwhelmed Palpatine...Discuss

Master Crimzon
It would have been impossible. Aside from Anakin, he picked the best swordsmen who were readily available.

Edit: And, no, he couldn't wait for Sidious to make his move. Too dangerous.

Ahsoka Tano
Originally posted by norrinradd43
As good as the team was that Windu had to confront the Emperor, should have have not waited for Yoda to make his move? The two of them would have certainly overwhelmed Palpatine...Discuss

lol, what do you think? haermm

norrinradd43
That is true, not to mention he had no Idea Palpatine was as good as he was...the team would have appeared to be more than adiquate. Had he chose Anikin, there is a good chance he would have stuck with the Jedi, so that is the one thing he could have done to change the outcome aside from secretly calling Yoda away from his battle.

Ahsoka Tano
That is true, not to mention he had no Idea Palpatine was as good as he was.

Palpatine was a sith lord that corrupted the senate. I know Mace was black but he seemed like he could do the math.

Had he chose Anikin, there is a good chance he would have stuck with the Jedi, so that is the one thing he could have done to change the outcome aside from secretly calling Yoda away from his battle.

The whole point is that he had to act quickly. Mace never trusted Anakin when it came to Palpatine. Mace made the biggest mistake by not waiting until Yoda was present. He was the actual downfall of the republic, imo. The black man should of just waited for his little green master and they could be drinking margarita's on the beach screwin Padme.

Now Lucas is. What a waste ..

Wtf were they thinking?!?

Lord Knightfa11
HERE IS WHAT HE SHOULD HAVE DONE.

1. Tie up anakin and shove him in the closet.
2. TAKE EVERY FRICKING JEDI IN THE ORDER TO CONFRONT THE CHANCELLOR. Omg its a sith that is so powerful two of his apprentices killed one of our most promising masters, owned our two greatest swordsman, started two wars, owned the chosen one, and held up against Yoda.

Sooo he brings three jedis. Sure they may be some of the greatest, but if sideous's apprentices racked up the above score, he should have had the imagination to decide that he should have brought overkill.

sweersa
Originally posted by Ahsoka Tano
Palpatine was a sith lord that corrupted the senate. I know Mace was black but he seemed like he could do the math.

Hahaha.

I think if Mace brought more Jedi there would be too many and they would be killed one at a time like how Palpatine killed the first two (no way in !@#$ I will try to spell their names) Then he fought Kit and Mace for a little bit together before killing Kit. The Jedi were never able to pull an attack where all four were giving it to Palpatine.

Master Crimzon
Originally posted by sweersa
I think if Mace brought more Jedi there would be too many and they would be killed one at a time like how Palpatine killed the first two (no way in !@#$ I will try to spell their names)

Agen Kolar and Saesee Tiin.

evil face

sweersa
Originally posted by Master Crimzon
Agen Kolar and Saesee Tiin.

evil face

Thank you. My spell checker (yes I use one lol) would slaughter those names.

Master Crimzon

I use one too, but it can go to hell for all I care.

sweersa
I use one too, but it can go to hell for all I care.

lol

Master Crimzon
lol

'lol'?

You know, spellcheck eats 'lol', too.

Bardock42
As good as the team was that Windu had to confront the Emperor, should have have not waited for Yoda to make his move? The two of them would have certainly overwhelmed Palpatine...Discuss Probably should have taken Anakin.

Mizukage Yoda
hWell if He brought Cin Drallig and Shaak Ti along they might have stood more of a chance. Or if Anakin weren't an emo teenager and flip out in spasms maybe him as well.

Bardock42
He should just not have tried to kill Palpatine. That would have been a good one.

For that matter, Yoda should have just owned Dooku and let Anakin and Obi Wan die....poor old sentimental fool.

MasterAshenVor
Yea..i agree BRING ANAKIN it would have showed him that the council believed in him and they actually WANTED him there....and yes Cin Drallig , Shaak Tii , Kit Fisto , Mace Windu should have been the team.

norrinradd43
Cin and Shaak would have been better choices than Saesae Tiin for sure...Tiin was mostly know for his piloting ability, not his swordplay if im not mistaken whereas Cin was proficient on all forms except Vapaad.

sweersa
Cin was proficient on all forms except Vapaad.

Am I in the EU section again?

Hahaha.

JediRobin23
Interesting topic. I would say that Mace, Yoda, and Obiwan together, would have kicked his ass

Jovan
and no one notices that the threadstarter wrote "as good as the team was"? Shouldn't it be "as sucky as the team was"? You bring a few Jedi along and they get stabbed within 3 seconds... heck, I'm pretty sure I can survive THAT long against a sith.

I hate the scene: it's rounding up to be a huge fight, giving you eyecandy of a 4 vs 1 (or whatever) battle... than it turns within 10 seconds in a 1-on-1. Those Jedi were litteraly just backgroundfillers.

sweersa
Originally posted by Jovan
and no one notices that the threadstarter wrote "as good as the team was"? Shouldn't it be "as sucky as the team was"? You bring a few Jedi along and they get stabbed within 3 seconds... heck, I'm pretty sure I can survive THAT long against a sith.

I hate the scene: it's rounding up to be a huge fight, giving you eyecandy of a 4 vs 1 (or whatever) battle... than it turns within 10 seconds in a 1-on-1. Those Jedi were litteraly just backgroundfillers.

Yeah I wish they lasted a little longer. I wonder how many Milli-seconds I would last against Palpatine. lol

Jack Daniels
there was another thread on this way back and I have no idea what I said in that one so noone back track on me but I agree he should have taken anakin but personally if I wrote that battle I think Mace should have consulted yoda and told him what was up and went alone...we would have seen a much more impressive display of Mace's control of the force (aside what we saw in the cartoons which makes him seem omnipotent..lol...the movies dont show anything on his control of the force other than a few feelings)...would have been a great battle as palps killing the other 3 jedi so fast so Lucas could prove him super baddass was disappointing to me...cheezzzzzy! ...Would have been more OT ish if it was a one on one personal battle....IMO...anyways thats my thoughts for the moment..lol

Master Crimzon
Yeah I wish they lasted a little longer. I wonder how many Milli-seconds I would last against Palpatine. lol

3, though I'd bet you could kick Ian McDiarmid's ass.

sweersa
3, though I'd bet you could kick Ian McDiarmid's ass.

Hahaha.

I would have shown him the EU where he is cloned he would have died.

~JP~
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
HERE IS WHAT HE SHOULD HAVE DONE.

1. Tie up anakin and shove him in the closet.

Perhaps if he had not been such a dumbass to Anakin to begin with he'd have had him as an ally instead if ending up having his arm cut off. stick out tongue Lets face it, Mace was an idiot.

Bardock42
Originally posted by JediRobin23
Interesting topic. I would say that Mace, Yoda, and Obiwan together, would have kicked his ass Err, Windu alone kicked his ass.

Lord Knightfa11
Yeah I wish they lasted a little longer. I wonder how many Milli-seconds I would last against Palpatine. lol considering you're real and hes not, and his actor is an old man.... it'd be a pretty boring fight.

sweersa
considering you're real and hes not, and his actor is an old man.... it'd be a pretty boring fight.

IDK...I mean look at Yoda...old...small...in the OT. In the PT he really hands out some butt kicking.

Lord Knightfa11
you don't get the point. LOL.

sweersa
you don't get the point. LOL.

What do you mean....Star Wars is...isn't...real?

............I think I need to be alone for a little while.

Lord Knightfa11
mkay i'm sorry star wars is real its just really far away and happened a long time ago. And yes, Santa's the one who doesn't bring you presents.

Ahsoka Tano
Originally posted by Bardock42
Err, Windu alone kicked his ass.

That's what Palpatine wanted.

Bardock42
That's what Palpatine wanted. Quite arguable.

sweersa
mkay i'm sorry star wars is real its just really far away and happened a long time ago.

Good, good. Thank you.

Elite Hunter
Am I in the EU section again?

Hahaha.

Too bad there all featured in the ROTS Novel stick out tongue

Anakin wasn't an option due to his relationship to Palpatione. Should Mace have brought dozens( or the entire order like knightfall suggested) then it would play right into Palpatine's hand,("the jedi are taking over"wink

Logically he couldn't have waited for Yoda since he was across the galaxy in a major battle. Cin Drallig got pwned by Anakin with one hand so I'm not sure if he was a good choice either.

Lord Knightfa11

Actually, after tfu, this seems to be way more possible because they actually show him feigning getting his arse kicked by galen, then when galen didn't play into his hand he went crazy and used is awesome powerz against galen.

JediRobin23

Thats right. not trying to start an argument here. Yoda Alone couldn't kick Palpatines ass. So is Mace stronger than Yoda?
No way

Lord Knightfa11
well according to the eu--

*sees a mod menacing at him*

*shuts up*

sweersa
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
Too bad there all featured in the ROTS Novel stick out tongue

Anakin wasn't an option due to his relationship to Palpatione. Should Mace have brought dozens( or the entire order like knightfall suggested) then it would play right into Palpatine's hand,("the jedi are taking over"wink

Logically he couldn't have waited for Yoda since he was across the galaxy in a major battle. Cin Drallig got pwned by Anakin with one hand so I'm not sure if he was a good choice either.

Well Novels are not 100% canon as their authors are given some freedom. Oh well.

Jack Daniels
I still say he shoulda went alone..or at least made the others wait outside to hold off any clones etc...

Darth Angel
If I was Mace I would have at least bring Anakin with me. I mean, Mace should know that sidious should be stronger then dooku, who was quite stronger then any of the jedi he brought and even a match for him, and that he also could mask his presence in the very presence of the jedi council, so he should know he was fighting a sith lord of immense power... I know Mace didn't trust Anakin, however the true is that it was Anakin who told him who sidious was, so If I was mace I would bring anakin with me and say to him that if sidious was finally arrested/killed he would finally become a master as he so desired. Bringing shaak ti and cin dralling was also a very good option, as also warming the entire jedi academy of what was happening.

I believe that if mace had at least brough anakin, he would see sidious killind the other jedis and so by helping mace he wouldn't probably cut off his arm as he did. Anyway, the true is that what caused the jedi's downfall was obi-wan. If obi-wan was on coruscant, his influence wouldn't allow anakin to turn in the dark side, and so sidious would be screwed.

Jack Daniels
politics ...lol...sidious arranged for obiwan to be gone

Elite Hunter
Well Novels are not 100% canon as their authors are given some freedom. Oh well.

The lightsaber forms don't contradict anything in the movies therefore they are canon.

Lord Knightfa11
yes if anakin was there for the whole thing, he might have reacted to mace kicking sideous's ass in a more logical way.

sweersa
The lightsaber forms don't contradict anything in the movies therefore they are canon.

Says who?

Ahsoka Tano

Hahahaha.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=6

Jack Daniels
I clicked on that EU link..lol..clever

Elite Hunter
Hahahaha.

Yes it is an EU concept but the fact that it is in the PT Novels makes them canon even in here.

Says who?
That is pretty much the relationship between the novel and the movie. The novel is canon unless it contradicts the movie such as the way Kit was decapitated by Palpatine in the novel but stabbed in the movie. Nothing in the movie contradicts the novel's use of lightsaber forms.

sweersa
Hahahaha.

Hahaha.

That is hilarious.

Lets send George Lucas an email and see what he says on the lightsaber combat styles!

http://www.supershadow.com/starwars/jedi17.html

The Nightmare Never Ends. Hahaha.

Lord Knightfa11
i asked him if he was a F***ing retard... I also asked him if he knew what life meant.

Ahsoka Tano
i asked him if he was a F***ing retard... I also asked him if he knew what life meant.

Supershadow: Your life is pathetic and Lucas is laughing at your pathetic name and signature.

lol sorry that would be me.

The Nightmare Never Ends. Hahaha.

Lord Knightfa11
lol my sig owns.

Ahsoka Tano
lol my sig owns.

Whatever makes you get through the day.

Lord Knightfa11
things that make me get through the day:

The time space continuum. Otherwise, I would just pause my life in a particularyly uplifting spot and never make it through another day.

sweersa
I love my sig. Loves it.

Ahsoka Tano
things that make me get through the day:

The time space continuum. Otherwise, I would just pause my life in a particularyly uplifting spot and never make it through another day.

Don't forget the 40 and the pack of Marlboro.

Rogue Jedi
I always felt he should have taken Anakin along with the other three, along with a contingent of Clone troopers.

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
along with a contingent of Clone troopers.

Too bad they were loyal to Palpatine not the jedi. stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
Too bad they were loyal to Palpatine not the jedi. stick out tongue At the time, they were loyal to the Republic, order 66 hadn't been given yet.

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
At the time, they were loyal to the Republic, order 66 hadn't been given yet.

But if his life in danger (or in the same situation mace had him when anakin arrived) it would have been a good time to reminde the troops who their real master is.

Rogue Jedi
Good point. I still say Anakin should have been brought along.

Darth Martin
Mace Windu could have done it himself as long as Skywalker didn't show up. The best plan would be to wait for Yoda and if possible Kenobi. I know Kenobi can't do crap to the Emperor but he could be a failsafe for Skywalker if he were to show up.

jaden101

DARTH SPELLCHECKER?

stick out tongue laughing

sweersa
Originally posted by jaden101
DARTH SPELLCHECKER?

stick out tongue laughing

Hahahaha

queeq
laughing out loud

harri
i don't think mace was expecting such a big hit, although if mace is so wise and powerfull, why hadn't he seen this???
The team should have been:
Yoda
Mace Windu
Obi Wan Kenobi
The Orange Guy With The Lookalike Brain (plz tell me his name)
Kit Fisto.
Anakin was too dangerous.

sweersa
Originally posted by harri
i don't think mace was expecting such a big hit, although if mace is so wise and powerfull, why hadn't he seen this???
Yoda
Mace Windu
Obi Wan Kenobi
Kit Fisto.

You forgot to put me on that list. Hehe.

I wonder if Palpy could deflect 30 rapid fire rounds from an AK-47!

harri
lol yea. laughing out loud

queeq
Sure he can.

Jack Daniels
Mace shoulda used Queeq Ush and Sweersa...oh and if they woulda brought him to the milk bar first and got him wasted they could have actually arrested him then we could have had a whole new tv series of in between pt and ot...lol...anyways I have no idea what Im saying...but Im good looking so its all good

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by harri
Yoda
Mace Windu
Obi Wan Kenobi
Kit Fisto.
your talking about plo koon.

Omega Vision
Should he have? In a perfect world where most of the Jedi weren't off fighting against the Seperatists far away from Courscant yes, he should have gone in with the entire Jedi Council.

But as it stood I'm not sure if there were any other Jedi available. Remember Mace knew that there was no time to waste, and obviously Anakin was a wildcard he couldn't trust.

All in all the way Sidious dispatched the other Jedi so easily was more a testament to his power and skill than it was a knock on that of the Jedi. Kit Fitso was good enough to take on Grievous after all.

MasterAshenVor
Windu

Yoda

Obi-Wan-Kenobi

Kit Fisto

Cin Drallig

Perfect team to destroy Sidious IMO. With Windu, Cin, Obi and Kit Fisto's Saber skills and Yoda's Force Skills..there is no chance.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by MasterAshenVor
Windu

Yoda

Obi-Wan-Kenobi

Kit Fisto

Cin Drallig

Perfect team to destroy Sidious IMO. With Windu, Cin, Obi and Kit Fisto's Saber skills and Yoda's Force Skills..there is no chance.
At the time wasn't Obi-Wan on Utapau and Yoda on Kashyyk?

I don't think it was an option for Windu. He assembled the best team he could at the time.

MasterAshenVor
True, but if they were there.. that would have been his best option.

Truth be told, no one in that Temple besides Windu, Cin Drallig and Shaak Ti would have stood a chance against Sidious..and even then I don't think Shaak would have fared much better than Kit Fisto.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by MasterAshenVor
True, but if they were there.. that would have been his best option.

Truth be told, no one in that Temple besides Windu, Cin Drallig and Shaak Ti would have stood a chance against Sidious..and even then I don't think Shaak would have fared much better than Kit Fisto.
As I said, in a perfect world Windu would have shown up with the entire Council (sans Anakin).

queeq
Originally posted by Jack Daniels
Mace shoulda used Queeq Ush and Sweersa...oh and if they woulda brought him to the milk bar first and got him wasted they could have actually arrested him then we could have had a whole new tv series of in between pt and ot...lol...anyways I have no idea what Im saying...but Im good looking so its all good

Sounds good to me... but the only problem is that the movie is over very soon... And the same with the Empire.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.