Nimrod Vs The Mandarin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scoobless
Nimrod Vs The Mandarin

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/8875/nimzn9.jpghttp://img502.imageshack.us/img502/9211/mandaj1.jpg

Future tech Vs Alien tech.

Had to be done.

stick out tongue

DigiMark007
Manrod ftw!

guy222
Nimrod

Endrict Nuul
Nimrod, stomps. Hes a team wrecker and Mandarin is not.

DigiMark007
I was a lot more scared of Nimrod about 10 years ago. I feel like a lot of people have his tech feats equaled nowadays, despite the fact that he's still quite formidable.

leonidas
hmmm . . . shifty

fangirl101
Can mandarin matter manip nimmy?

Faux Smurph
Nimrod in a stomp.

Operates on a far faster level, and can one shot Mandarin from the start of the battle.

Galan007
was not mandarin owned by tony not too long ago? was not tony wearing his old-ass silver centurion armor when the owning took place? if the answer is yes to both of those questions, nimrod should take this quite easily.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Galan007
was not mandarin owned by tony not too long ago? was not tony wearing his old-ass silver centurion armor when the owning took place? if the answer is yes to both of those questions, nimrod should take this quite easily.

Maybe he means the hunkalicious (in a SeanConnery sort of way) version in the picture?

leonidas
mandarin increases nimrod's mass ala leland, and while nimrod is attempting to somehow counter that (he could NOT counter leland's attack), mandarin chills his armor to absolute zero then heats it to thousands of degrees to crack it, then hits him with the electrical charge through the cracks, or distintegrates his interior. or he simply continues to hit nimrod with several of his powers at one time.

nimrod does NOT do well against simultaneous attacks and has never shown an ability to adapt to more than one power at a time. whistle

Faux Smurph
Originally posted by leonidas
mandarin increases nimrod's mass ala leland, and while nimrod is attempting to somehow counter that (he could NOT counter leland's attack), mandarin chills his armor to absolute zero then heats it to thousands of degrees to crack it, then hits him with the electrical charge through the cracks, or distintegrates his interior. or he simply continues to hit nimrod with several of his powers at one time.

nimrod does NOT do well against simultaneous attacks and has never shown an ability to adapt to more than one power at a time. whistle Yeah, that could happen.

Or Nimrod could shut off his brain at the beginning of the fight, like he did to Juggernaut.

Who do you think wins the quickdraw: The human who needs to make three long moves to win, or the futuristic super computer that can end it in one quick move?

Also take into consideration that Nimrod's far more likely to go for a move that he's used on panel, where as Mandarin's not about to reference a tactic that someone completely different used against Nimrod.

As for adapting, Nimrod's adapted to different attacks within panels of each other against the New X-Men and against Juggernaut and the X-Men... seeing as your proposed method of attack is in subsequent order, not simultaneous, this situation would be no different.

I win... again. smile

VanMae
Originally posted by Galan007

To be fair, that was an Aunt May Mode Iron Man who had had his father-figure murdered horribly by Mandarin recently, just to name one of the horrors Mandarin had put Stark through in that story. Writers tend to ignore power-levels during such Righteous Fury moments.

Even so, Iron Man didn't own Mandarin, the fight looked pretty even until Stark blasted Mandarin with both his armor's weapons and Mandarin's rings at the same time.

There was also a bit of PIS in that fight, as Mandarin didn't use the rings beyond a couple of generic energy blasts. He relied almost exclusively on his Chi-powers while Stark was doing ruthlessly intelligent things like ripping out his rings and combinging blasting with the rings with his armor's blasts.

guy222
nimrod

Scoobless
Originally posted by guy222
nimrod gets disintegrated

Possibly.

thumb up

Faux Smurph
Originally posted by Scoobless
Possibly.

thumb up Originally posted by Faux Smurph
Nimrods disintegration ray is more thorough then Ultrons.
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/4500/img005hb6.th.jpghttp://img440.imageshack.us/img440/6729/img006eu5.th.jpg

Again, quickdraw situation, Nimrod wins.

DigiMark007
Is this really necessary guys? I can appreciate a good tourney-extension thread, but I'm a bit surprised you're continuing the actual debate.

Faux Smurph
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Is this really necessary guys? I can appreciate a good tourney-extension thread, but I'm a bit surprised you're continuing the actual debate. Meh. To be fair to Leo and Scoob, it'd mostly me.

I can't help it. I feel a little OCD in my compulsion to respond.

leonidas
Originally posted by Faux Smurph
Meh. To be fair to Leo and Scoob, it'd mostly me.

I can't help it. I feel a little OCD in my compulsion to respond.

laughing out loud

i pm'd scoob and said i was willing to keep my nose out of it until YOU stuck your own little blue nose IN it! big grin

i'll desist for the moment. beyond the tourney, it's a good thread. we can pick it up should we choose to do so at a more appropriate time.

and as for this:

was there ever a first time? stick out tongue

kakuzu
You guys might want to reread lol. I think he is saying which technology is better or higher. If This the cae Nimrods own should be higher.

Mandarins own should be more powerful. When he fought the Dragons it was confirmed since he was human he could never access the full power. Ironman used a high portion of it and ripped open time and space that could be felt all over the entire planet earth with a powerful blast.

The rings are more then what they appear. In a fight however Nimrod isn't one to move to fast. Mandarin may not be able to pull it off. His son however has been seen to throw several punches in just a second. That means if you put Mandarins skills of the rings in his sons body he could possibly take this due to his agility.

After all his son is said to be a mix of Karnak, Shang chi, and Iron fist.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.