Silver Surfer vs This X-Men team

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Alright no bfr Silver Surfer can only use physical force no concussive blasts no board no energy or matter manipulation no telepathy no force fields. Only strength durability agility reflexes and stamina.

Cyclops
Havok
Colossus
Warpath
Rogue
Rockslide
Cannonball
Sunfire
Armor
Mimic
Omega Sentinel
Frenzy
Ms Marvel(Danvers)

&

Monet St. Croix

darthgoober
Surfer.

Starscream M
Originally posted by darthgoober
Surfer. hows surfer beating cannonball?

darthgoober
Originally posted by Starscream M
hows surfer beating cannonball?
He outlast him(Cannonball will tire LONG before Surfer does).

psycho gundam
nice thread thumb up

he still has far superior strength, speed, and durability.

basically when not stripped of his power cosmic, the closest threat to his being on the x-men would be danvers, followed closely by alex.

however, (and this is the best course of action imo) if the x-men work together they can build a powerhouse, for instance havok could hit ms. marvel with at on of cosmic energy powering her up to binary levels or beyond, and rogue could also touch all her teammates and the two could team up on the neutered surfer.

but i still doubt they could damage a fully powered surfer for a definite win. it's possible though.

darthgoober
Originally posted by psycho gundam
nice thread thumb up

he still has far superior strength, speed, and durability.

basically when not stripped of his power cosmic, the closest threat to his being on the x-men would be danvers, followed closely by alex.

however, (and this is the best course of action imo) if the x-men work together they can build a powerhouse, for instance havok could hit ms. marvel with at on of cosmic energy powering her up to binary levels or beyond, and rogue could also touch all her teammates and the two could team up on the neutered surfer.

but i still doubt they could damage a fully powered surfer for a definite win. it's possible though.
I doubt Havok could power her up to Binary level, she was being powered by a white hole in that form and unless Havok's had a major upgrade that I'm not familiar with, he can't generate that kind of power.

golem370
Without his board he is not that fast. Remember Mimic is there to could he use some of the others powers as well

darthgoober
Originally posted by golem370
Without his board he is not that fast. Remember Mimic is there to could he use some of the others powers as well
What makes you think he's not fast without his board...
http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/7940/story2page01combatwa4.jpg

And there's never been anything to suggest that his reflexes are hampered while off his board, so it's not as if he's going to have a tough time reacting to their attacks.

Starscream M
What makes you think he's not fast without his board...
http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/7940/story2page01combatwa4.jpg

um what proves what exactly?

1) there is no wind in space

2) wind is not that fast

darthgoober
um what proves what exactly?
That he has speed while off his board.

1) there is no wind in space

2) wind is not that fast
Have you never heard of a Solar Wind...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_wind

Starscream M
That he has speed while off his board.

Have you never heard of a Solar Wind...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_wind he wasn't talking about solar wind though

he meant wind as in air wind (as indicated by the adjective 'shrieking') although there would neither be air wind or sound in space

ultimatethor
Surfer still wins. There combined might is not enough to put him down so he will definitely outlast them. Surfer will amp his physical stats to the max and knock the hell out of most of them WWH style.

kgkg
he wasn't talking about solar wind though

he meant wind as in air wind (as indicated by the adjective 'shrieking') although there would neither be air wind or sound in space Well at least it proves he can move fast without his board hence why hulk had trouble hitting him.

But I don't see where you going with the air example though.

darthgoober
he wasn't talking about solar wind though

he meant wind as in air wind (as indicated by the adjective 'shrieking') although there would neither be air wind or sound in space
How do you know what he "meant"? If there's no other kind of wind in space other than a solar wind, it seems to be pretty obvious as to what he was talking about. As for the "shrieking" comment, how do you know that solar winds don't make that sound to someone with Cosmic Awareness...
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/3939/mcp06927fv8.jpg

Avlon
Originally posted by kgkg
Well at least it proves he can move fast without his board hence why hulk had trouble hitting him.

But I don't see where you going with the air example though.

It doesn't really prove anything. Captain America can move "fast as the wind" and easily avoid Hulks blows as well.

The toy horse from "Toy Story" is said to move as fast as the wind too. wink

http://www.disegnigratis.biz/Clipart_Disney/Toy%20Story/bullseye_1.jpg = http://www.starstore.com/acatalog/Silver_Surfer-bobble-head.jpg ???

kgkg
Originally posted by Avlon
It doesn't really prove anything. Captain America can move "fast as the wind" and easily avoid Hulks blows as well.

The toy horse from "Toy Story" is said to move as fast as the wind too. wink

http://www.disegnigratis.biz/Clipart_Disney/Toy%20Story/bullseye_1.jpg = http://www.starstore.com/acatalog/Silver_Surfer-bobble-head.jpg ??? Space Wind

darthgoober

psycho gundam
I doubt Havok could power her up to Binary level, she was being powered by a white hole in that form and unless Havok's had a major upgrade that I'm not familiar with, he can't generate that kind of power. im not up to date on havok so the last time i personally saw him, he was all nexus and shit. oops big grin

and your right about binary, i just thought alex was powerful enough to sort of replicate it, i guess not.

--------------------------------------

for starscream-

the silver surfer doesn't need the cosmic surfboard to travel as fast as he does, he just was given it by galactus so that he didn't have to use his own energies to do so. the board also channels the power cosmic since it is a part of norrin himself, an extension if you will.

the board can negate gravity and travel thousands of magnitudes faster than light without the surfer on board it, just like mjolnir.

kgkg

darthgoober
wtf
It's from the Wiki article on solar winds.

Avlon
Space Wind

I know. It's a meaningless and unproven term is what that was getting at.

kgkg
I know. It's a meaningless and unproven term is what that was getting at. yes the point I was making is that it does show "speed" either this speed is speed of sound , speed of wind , speed of shit ... it is speed > hulk and it perfectly ok to amuse he can move at those speed since he has shown nano speed reaction before

so this unproven term can be used as evidence of some speed where as you know the horse and captain America has not shown Nano speed reaction or something even close to that.

Starscream M
yes the point I was making is that it does show "speed" either this speed is speed of sound , speed of wind , speed of shit ... it is speed > hulk

I'll accept that Surfer is as fast as the fastest winds on earth.

I will not however, accept Goober's farfetched extraction that he is as fast as solar winds. I doubt the writer even knew solar winds exist.

psycho gundam
wtf solar wind is being generated by stars all the time, since they are sustained thermonuclear explosions particles cascade from them that are only buffetted by our world from sol by the the electromagnetic field.

some of the particles skate alone the surface of the field and touch down at the north and south poles, thus the aurora borealis and the aurora australis particle showers.

it's heavy duty stuff.

darthgoober

I will not however, accept Goober's farfetched extraction that he is as fast as solar winds. I doubt the writer even knew solar winds exist.
Can you think of ANY other kind of wind in space?

Starscream M
Can you think of ANY other kind of wind in space? dude, the writer was some uneducated bum who imagined there would be wind in space...it he knew about solar winds, he would've called it that.

psycho gundam

I will not however, accept Goober's farfetched extraction that he is as fast as solar winds. I doubt the writer even knew solar winds exist. steller winds were theorized before the 20th century and fully understood in the early 1930's.

marvel has cutting edge writer's and kirby was on the ball when he created the surfer in the 60's. and traveling faster than solar winds is small potatoes for the silver surfer.

Starscream M
Originally posted by psycho gundam
steller winds were theorized before the 20th century and fully understood in the early 1930's.

marvel has cutting edge writer's and kirby was on the ball when he created the surfer in the 60's. and traveling faster than solar winds is small potatoes for the silver surfer. I know he can TRAVEL faster than solar winds...the question is can he move and fight at such speed.

I personally don't think so.

I've never seen an artistic depiction of Surfer blitzing during a fight...when pretty much any other speedy fighter has done so.

kgkg
I know he can TRAVEL faster than solar winds...the question is can he move and fight at such speed.

I personally don't think so.

I've never seen an artistic depiction of Surfer blitzing during a fight...when pretty much any other speedy fighter has done so. wouldn't it be logical that he can do it since he can react move and move at Nano-Sec

and surfer is on his board most of the time so it's rare that you will see a scan of him speed blitzing without it.

Nanosecond
Abbreviated as ns or nsec, a nanosecond is a unit of time representing .000000001 (10-9) or 1 billionth of a second.

darthgoober
dude, the writer was some uneducated bum who imagined there would be wind in space...it he knew about solar winds, he would've called it that.
The writer was Stan Lee(or did you not look at the credits)...

Mindset
Everyone knows Stan Lee is just some hack.

Starscream M

and surfer is on his board most of the time so it's rare that you will see a scan of him speed blitzing without it.
but surfer usually fights off his board

Starscream M
The writer was Stan Lee(or did you not look at the credits)... meh...i really think the 'shrieking' indicates the writer's intent that he was talking about air wind

Surfer wouldn't mention 'shrieking' to hulk unless it was audible sound...as opposed to something discernable to only someone with power cosmic

kgkg
but surfer usually fights off his board Not usually he does fight off his board if his been knocked off it or the opponent are not easily taken care of , and he still uses his board to attack at times even if he is not on it.

The best answer i could give you is that Surfer has to many power to focus on speed alone but i think enough evidence exist to show Surfer has Speed both with his board or without it.

Avlon
yes the point I was making is that it does show "speed" either this speed is speed of sound , speed of wind , speed of shit ... it is speed > hulk and it perfectly ok to amuse he can move at those speed since he has shown nano speed reaction before

I have no problem admitting that Surfer is faster than Hulk. So is Captain America and Spiderman though. It's no biggie. Off his board, the Captain has better speed feats.

so this unproven term can be used as evidence of some speed where as you know the horse and captain America has not shown Nano speed reaction or something even close to that.

Superman has been stated to be able to break the world with a sneeze. SS would need some undeniable visual evidence examples to believe he's really that fast off his board.

On topic though, I don't think speed would even be a factor in this battle. SS can simply encase all of them like he did with spidey and DD.

darthgoober
meh...i really think the 'shrieking' indicates the writer's intent that he was talking about air wind

Surfer wouldn't mention 'shrieking' to hulk unless it was audible sound...as opposed to something discernable to only someone with power cosmic
You yourself said that there is no air in space and I'm pretty sure that Stan Lee and Surfer both know that so it doesn't really make any since for him to be talking about "air wind" in space.

And why does it matter if Hulk would be able to hear it? The whole reason he's going after Surfer is because he can't get off of Earth by himself so it's not as if Surfer was worried about getting called on the sound not being audible to someone without the Power Cosmic. He was fighting the Hulk not Bruce Banner, so it's not like the guy even knows what a solar wind is.

I'll ask again, have you ever heard of any kind of wind in space other than solar winds? Surfer didn't say "ONE of the kinds winds of space", he said "THE shrieking Space Winds". The as in singular. If there's only one kind, then it's pretty obvious what kind he was talking about.

ultimatethor
Regardless of surfers speed off his board, he can take out this team no problems.

Starscream M

I'll ask again, have you ever heard of any kind of wind in space other than solar winds? Surfer didn't say "ONE of the kinds winds of space", he said "THE shrieking Space Winds". The as in singular. If there's only one kind, then it's pretty obvious what kind he was talking about. there why didn't he just say solar winds then? confused

Mindset
Yes, focus on the shrieking, and ignore the space winds part...

Starscream M
Originally posted by Mindset
Yes, focus on the shrieking, and ignore the space winds part... the fact that the writer described the wind as shrieking just indicates imo that the writer was scientifically ill-informed

Mindset
I'm sure it does...

Avlon
Originally posted by Mindset
Yes, focus on the shrieking, and ignore the space winds part...

Must be hard to shriek, when there is no sound in space to begin with... cool

Mindset
Must be hard to shriek, when there is no sound in space to begin with... cool Good thing works of fiction ignores that all the time.

darthgoober
there why didn't he just say solar winds then? confused
Maybe Stan likes the sound of "Space Winds" better, or maybe he didn't figure it really mattered since not many kids knew what the Hell a solar wind was anyway, or maybe on Zenn-La they named them space winds instead of Solar Winds, who knows.

The simple fact of the matter is that we have two ways of viewing this without taking guesses at the writers intentions. Either Surfer doesn't know that there's no wind in space and was spouting nonsense despite the fact that he came from an advanced scientific community and spent his days prior to becoming a herald studying space and then went on to spend several centuries IN space while in the service of Galactus, or he(for whatever reason) decided to use the word "space" instead of "solar" or "stellar" when he referenced the only type of wind known to exist outside of an atmosphere.

Now which of those options seem more logical to you?

darthgoober
Must be hard to shriek, when there is no sound in space to begin with... cool

Avlon

GREAT EXAMPLE.

In panel number 3 Surfer talks about his ears...and yet in panel 2 it's clearly shown that.... he has no ears. smile

More of that fine comic detail we all love!

darthgoober
GREAT EXAMPLE.

In panel number 3 Surfer talks about his ears...and yet in panel 2 it's clearly shown that.... he has no ears. smile

More of that fine comic detail we all love!

No VISIBLE ears wink .

Avlon
No VISIBLE ears wink .

Invisible ears? Just like this smiley. Happy Dance

darthgoober
Invisible ears? Just like this smiley. Happy Dance
Hey there are lots of characters in comics that can turn themselves invisible, maybe Norrin's self conscious about his ears because he doesn't have any hair so he uses the Power Cosmic to hide them laughing .

Avlon
Hey there are lots of characters in comics that can turn themselves invisible, maybe Norrin's self conscious about his ears because he doesn't have any hair so he uses the Power Cosmic to hide them laughing .

That explains the missing 'nads as well. sick

darthgoober
That explains the missing 'nads as well. sick
Indeed it does. Though back in the day he was occasionally drawn wearing some kind of silver briefs...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.