Peter Petrelli New Powers?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MizuRyu
So far from what i thought he has...

Precognitive dreaming,
Flight,
Precognition,
Rapid cell regeneration,
Telepathy,
Invisibility,
Telekinesis,
Space-time manipulation,
Induced radioactivity,
Super strength,
Lightning,
Phasing.

How did he get the ability to teleport other people with out going with them. And how did he get the ability to shape shift. Last time i remember Sylar killed her before Nathan got to her. Also, how Did he send Present Nathan into that guys body. Anyone know?

celestialdemon
Not sure. They are probably abilities he picked up in the 4 year time span before he went back in time.

Ordained
he probably mastered hiro's ability within those 4 years.

MizuRyu
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Not sure. They are probably abilities he picked up in the 4 year time span before he went back in time. Thats what I am thinkiing but why jusp that much forward. I think HEROES is becomeing like LOST.. not that its a bad thing. Just thats its a LOST thing. lol

MizuRyu
Originally posted by Ordained
he probably mastered hiro's ability within those 4 years. Yeah I kinda figured that but i dont think teleporting ppl into other ppl's body is Hiro's power? Its really out there.

Ordained
he could have learned to use it that way. or maybe it's a cross between teleportation and telepathy.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by MizuRyu
So far from what i thought he has...

Precognitive dreaming,
Flight,
Precognition,
Rapid cell regeneration,
Telepathy,
Invisibility,
Telekinesis,
Space-time manipulation,
Induced radioactivity,
Super strength,
Lightning,
Phasing.

How did he get the ability to teleport other people with out going with them. And how did he get the ability to shape shift. Last time i remember Sylar killed her before Nathan got to her. Also, how Did he send Present Nathan into that guys body. Anyone know?

1. you are mixing up nathan with peter in the last few sentences

2. Teleporting people without going is probably an upgrade to hiro's powers id guess.. kinda cool

3. To answer your question as to how Peter is able to shape shift is easy... you'll get the answer if you answer this question... how is peter able to use telekinesis? got it from sylar

and the whole transfering people into other peoples bodies... thats new to me, i have no idea.. probably met someone that can do that

Quincy
Originally posted by Mairuzu
To answer your question as to how Peter is able to shape shift is easy... you'll get the answer if you answer this question... how is peter able to use telekinesis? got it from sylar

and the whole transfering people into other peoples bodies... thats new to me, i have no idea.. probably met someone that can do that

Sylar never took Candice's powers. Since he had the shanti virus at the time, he was unable to use his intuitive aptitude to take her ability.

He can shapeshift because he obviously met someone in the future with those abilities. There are a bunch of superpowered people in the future, you could see in the preview at the end of the episode.

Mairuzu
Hmm, well sylar had the shape shifting power in the episode 5 years gone... i wonder how he managed to get that? Either through someone else or candace.. idk

But isnt it also possible peter used matts ability to put visions into peoples mind to make them see him as someone else? (or as himself younger)

celestialdemon
Hmm, well sylar had the shape shifting power in the episode 5 years gone... i wonder how he managed to get that? Either through someone else or candace.. idk

He could have very well got it from Candace. He also had D.L. and I believe Molly's powers in 5 Years Gone also. However, that future never happened.

Mairuzu
yea, with all those copy cat powers going around.. cant see why it wouldnt be from someone else...

maybe it wasnt an illusion person, just a shape shifter

MizuRyu

But isnt it also possible peter used matts ability to put visions into peoples mind to make them see him as someone else? (or as himself younger) I was kids thinking that. but wouldnt that be exhausting his powers. Having to do that to everyone he sees. That takes alot of power.

Mairuzu
Well from the looks of it. Future peter learned how to control most of his older powers

If i had to guess, when peter gets a new power, he doesn't know how to control it well, he has to master it. Over the years im sure he mastered quite a few.

As for Sylar, since he knows how things work, he masters his abilities quite fast. Almost instant.

Took him a while for the hearing tho, but he still mastered it faster than the original lady

S_D_J
I wouldn't mind much about future powers, when they're needed they'll be in the show, but as is usual, chances are, we won't be seeing that future once it's stopped and another baddie future comes along...

I still think Peter needs to be stopped somehow... too much power...I don't mean kill the character but slow down his powers a bit

Mairuzu
I disagree. But i will say this

Don't do nothing to peter unless you do it to sylar as well

MizuRyu

Don't do nothing to peter unless you do it to sylar as well Very true.

Quincy

He got it from Candace.

He said so in the episode.

Shalimar_fox

Don't do nothing to peter unless you do it to sylar as well
agreed

Entity
Originally posted by Quincy
He got it from Candace.

He said so in the episode. When did he say that?

Thou I suppose once Peter's learned to master Hiro's power he'd be pretty much able to go back at any place and time and gain anyone's ability he wants. Probably how he healed Nathan I'm guessing he went back and copied Linderman's, assuming he hadn't already met him in the past and had it all along. Which is very possible considering Linderman had been a friend of his parents for many years.

Still I'm thinking something off about Future Peter! Either it's gonna turn out that its not him really at all or we'll find that he's up to something at least slightly if not entirely different than he appears to be. Otherwise why would he have ditched Matt once he figured him out and tried to read his mind? Matt's about the only person that could pose a serious problem to Peter at this point.

That is unless the Haitian returned and opposed Peter for some reason.

Even Sylar really shouldn't be a problem for Future Peter if he doesn't act like a idiot like he tends to do around Peter quite a bit.

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by Entity
When did he say that?

Thou I suppose once Peter's learned to master Hiro's power he'd be pretty much able to go back at any place and time and gain anyone's ability he wants. Probably how he healed Nathan I'm guessing he went back and copied Linderman's, assuming he hadn't already met him in the past and had it all along. Which is very possible considering Linderman had been a friend of his parents for many years.

Still I'm thinking something off about Future Peter! Either it's gonna turn out that its not him really at all or we'll find that he's up to something at least slightly if not entirely different than he appears to be. Otherwise why would he have ditched Matt once he figured him out and tried to read his mind? Matt's about the only person that could pose a serious problem to Peter at this point.

Even Sylar really shouldn't be a problem for Future Peter if he doesn't act like a idiot like he tends to do around Peter quite a bit.

Have you even watched the new season 3 premier?

Entity
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Have you even watched the new season 3 premier? Yes I watched it Monday night. I flipped back and forth on the countdown hour before but I'm pretty damn sure I caught every moment of the 1st and 2nd episodes of this season. Why would anything I'd said have it appear otherwise?

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Entity
When did he say that?

Yea, hiro's powers was one of the few abilities hes learned.. at least in season 1

and sylar did mention getting it from candace, he told peter in 5 years gone

and as for going back in time to get lindermans powers? idk..
its possible, but my theory is, he received the power earlier. Like you said, "linderman was a friend of the patrelli's" and "co-worker" if you will

either that or he met someone with the same power.

at least we know how he got those "dreams". from his mother

I'm sure the whole peter/matt thing will be explained. Since Nathan knows the truth

Wolfie
I think Peter had to have time traveled to before Linderman died. If Linderman met Peter at age 10, that doesn't mean that Peter absorbed his ability then because his ability didn't manifest until Season 1.

And for the teleporting someone else, I agree that it's Hiro's power perfected.

The shape-shifting and the transferring someone to someone else's body, I think time will tell on where he got that power. After all, that's how Season 2 kicked off, with Peter having this mysterious new electricity power. Then we found out later he got it from Elle.

What I'm wondering, it's probably a plot-hole, is how when Peter first discovered his power, he would exert it by no will of his own (i.e. when he met Claude, he turned invisible automatically). But now we found out that Angela has the power to dream the future. Why hasn't Peter accidently done this yet?

MizuRyu
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Have you even watched the new season 3 premier? laughing

Entity
Originally posted by Wolfie
I think Peter had to have time traveled to before Linderman died. If Linderman met Peter at age 10, that doesn't mean that Peter absorbed his ability then because his ability didn't manifest until Season 1.

The shape-shifting and the transferring someone to someone else's body, I think time will tell on where he got that power. After all, that's how Season 2 kicked off, with Peter having this mysterious new electricity power. Then we found out later he got it from Elle.

What I'm wondering, it's probably a plot-hole, is how when Peter first discovered his power, he would exert it by no will of his own (i.e. when he met Claude, he turned invisible automatically). But now we found out that Angela has the power to dream the future. Why hasn't Peter accidently done this yet? Peter's been dreaming the future since the very first episode. Angela even says in the last episode, "Where do you think you got your first power?" I had originally thought it was her's all along but the this with the end of season 1 and Simone's father shook me up on it. So I was right after all about her power being clairvoyant visions. But Peter also has Simone's fathers weird dream/time displacement power as well. I think its the same as that kid Mohinder met that took him to the past to witness his parents conversation about Shanti.

Think about it that kid was the only one that was aware of him in the dream just as Simone's father was the only one aware of Peter in his!

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Wolfie

What I'm wondering, it's probably a plot-hole, is how when Peter first discovered his power, he would exert it by no will of his own (i.e. when he met Claude, he turned invisible automatically). But now we found out that Angela has the power to dream the future. Why hasn't Peter accidently done this yet? Peter has had many dreams

and as for his power manifesting, my guess would be.. hes been feeling 'different' even before the first episode because of the dreams hes been having

Wolfie
My mistake then. I guess I forgot the dreams.

And I'm still unsure about Linderman. You have a good point, but I don't think that's the reason.

S_D_J
Peter first power, before his very own power, was to dream timed events (be them past, present or future) more specially future events, and clearly got that from Angela (she even told that to Peter this season)

I might be missing something, but what is this about Peter having Linderman's power?, I haven't seen him used that power on the show, ever.
he didn't heal Nathan, at least he didn't do it on purpose, since he wanted Nathan dead... at least until he's sure he's not going to tell anybody about their powers, which was what Peter came to stop

Linderman is dead... it seems, since the only one able to see him is Nathan...
though there will a scene in which Linderman talks or interacts with Daphne so the whole truth about Linderman hasn't been revealed yet

btw: I like having McDowell back in the show....

Mairuzu
Well, it looked like peter did something to nathan to bring him back from the dead. Wasn't it his whole intent to bring him back after he was done 'killing' him?

He told Nathan that he wants him to make the right choices so he can be the hero he looks up to, so im sure Peter knew he could bring him back, he doesn't want to kill his brother.

So i'm thinking peter did something that brought nathan back...

but thats just my thought

S_D_J
Well, it looked like peter did something to nathan to bring him back from the dead. Wasn't it his whole intent to bring him back after he was done 'killing' him?

He told Nathan that he wants him to make the right choices so he can be the hero he looks up to, so im sure Peter knew he could bring him back, he doesn't want to kill his brother.

So i'm thinking peter did something that brought nathan back...

but thats just my thought

No he didn't, he had every intention of stopping Nathan, and that meant killing him, that's why he came back to retrieve the stashed gun, and waited to shoot him in the chappel if it was necessary... what changed was Nathan's mind, and once Peter realized he wasn't going to talk, he told him the truth and told him to "make the right choices so he can be the hero he looks up to"... we don't know what happened to Nathan in the future, he just wind up somewhere different, and now Future Peter changed that.

whether he healed/revived Nathan, I don't know, but he didn't do it on purpose.
Why would he bring him back just to try and shoot him again?
It's a possible explanation, but Peter didn't know or intended to "heal him"... if it was him who did it

... and by the way, the future can be changed... unlike what was thought last season

Captain REX
I don't think Future Peter brought Nathan back from the dead. It has something to do with the Linderman's ghost; Nathan came back from the dead and miraculously healed and then begins seeing the man with the healing power... hmm...

As for Sylar having the power of Illusions... Tim Kring has stated that Sylar was unable to obtain it in Season 2. The future in Five Years Gone has been removed and replaced with something else, so it is likely that Sylar no longer has it.

And I'm sure Future Peter has tons of powers that aren't even used, simply because he interacts with everyone. I'm sure there are some he isn't even aware he has.

Entity
I still say it's all Peter's doing. I'm telling you, future Peter is up to something other than the simple explanation we've been given. I'm not saying its exactly good or bad but I guarantee you there's more to it than he's letting on. Peter didn't let Nathan die because it was never his intention to kill him. He even said it his self he just had to stop him from ruining things. And perhaps not only by stopping this whole thing with Nathan telling everyone but perhaps Peter has decided that Nathan needs something to help guide his morality more on the right course. Like religion perhaps? I mean we already know Nathan isn't exactly incorruptible so what if it wasn't just the telling everyone about them he needed to change but also helping to ensure Nathan made some other less than noble choices along the way. After all he is already right back on the road to the white house again!

But another thought that's crossed my mind is Arthur Petrelli! I seem to remember someone saying last season something about Arthur possibly having the ability to take over someones body when Nathan was seeing those scarred visions of himself in the mirror. Now we all know now that that wasn't the case but its interesting to me that Peter now seems to have this new ability to put people in other peoples bodies as he's done with his present self.

Now I'm not really a fan of everyone in the 12 or even the show for that matter having powers. If everyone starts to have them it loses allot of the realism aspect to me. I much prefer the idea of just the random most highly evolved ending up with them. Still, I just can't help but wonder if by some amazing coincidence that Arthur did actually just happen to have that ability and what if that's what was actually going on with Future Peter all along and why he's been so strange and had to get rid of Parkman.

Another thing I can't help but wonder is if Matt is even really in Africa at all? I mean he does have the ability to trap others in their minds as his father had done to people and Matt had done to him. So that means Peter definitely has that too and 4 extra years to develop it to higher levels than Matt. I think it'd be funny to just find out that Matt had been in that closet or somewhere like Peter's apartment all along.

Another thing! Since Future and Present Peter have came within such close proximity to each other does that mean that he now has all of his future self's abilities as well? I just wonder if he'd even be able to replicated his own replicated abilities. I mean we know he can replicate Sylar's stolen abilities but Sylar is forcing his body to do that to itself where as Peter's just does it instinctively.

Mairuzu
Totally forgot about arthur

S_D_J
I seriously hope Arthur doesn't/didn't have powers....

but we'll be seeing him this season yes

I still think Peter wanted to kill... better said, needed to kill Nathan in order to stop him, why else was he willing to shot him again when he regained conscious?...

Mairuzu
cause he knew he could bring him back? no idea

i still think he had the power to bring him back and didn't know it

starlock
I think future peters intent was to kill nathan, i dont think peter did anything to bring him back...i find the blood transfusion from last season to be the best bet....so could that mean that HRG can regenerate? an imortals blood cured nathan pretty fast and i still see that as the bestr bet...but its only my opinon...we will see where it goes

I think that with some characters having the same powers and considering its future peter...they dont really need to explain his new abilities like illusion or Body transfering(and how do they explain peters body within another, his mind or essence i can understand...but his actual body i dont know)...it would be nice...but i dont think its that important

Mairuzu
Trippy is what it is

Quincy
Poorly thought out is what it is.

Strangelove
Originally posted by S_D_J
I seriously hope Arthur doesn't/didn't have powers....

but we'll be seeing him this season yes

I still think Peter wanted to kill... better said, needed to kill Nathan in order to stop him, why else was he willing to shot him again when he regained conscious?... if you read the mini arc in the graphic novel "War Buddies", you it could be possible that his power has to do with affecting probability, if he has one ("Dallas" always seemed to win at cards)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.