Most Epic Moment

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Icy Ninja
In your opinion what is the most epic moment in video games.
In my opinion it is the micro wave hall in MGS4 or the Old Snake vs Liquid Ocelot fight

Spartan005
Being the Halo fan that I am I have to say the two cutscenes before 'The Ark' mission in Halo 3 literally give me shivers they're so awesome. along with every single cutscene that blizzard has made, particularly for WoW

oh and in CoD 4 when the nuke goes off and then you're able to get up and view the aftermath. That was sick

snap.... and intro to Rainbow six 3

k I'm done now

MadMel
any scene involving fox in MGS - twin snakes stick out tongue
the great invasion scene in SSBB (the one where kirby takes down the giant cannon)

Morridini
Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader - the Battle of Endor stage, amazing music booming, hundreds of TIE-fighters to fight, Death Star looming in the background, three Star Destroyers to fight and tens more floating in the background. The entire feel of that stage was just amazing from start to finish.

MadMel
ill admit that, even though i cant stand the game itself..

Kazenji
God Of War, Seeing Ares stand there amongst Athens

what else hmmmmmmmm i'll come back to that.

Mairuzu
MGS4

period

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Mairuzu
MGS4

period

From start till end, i agree.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by MadMel
the great invasion scene in SSBB (the one where kirby takes down the giant cannon)

co-signed

BackFire
The final 20 minutes of Half Life 2 Episode 2.

ESB -1138
Tetris

Icy Ninja
Originally posted by Spartan005
oh and in CoD 4 when the nuke goes off and then you're able to get up and view the aftermath. That was sick
That part was one of my favorite parts of the game even though you don't really do anything, just something you don't see every day

jaden101
the 1st time you go out onto hyrule field in OoT....loved that moment

Mairuzu
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Tetris level 15 fix'd

Smasandian
Originally posted by BackFire
The final 20 minutes of Half Life 2 Episode 2.

Yeah, that was pretty damn sweet.

The first major battle with the opposing forces in the original Half Life where the crazy tech rock music started, and you running around blasting people, and a couple of guys get caught by the barnacles

Totally epic.

NonSensi-Klown
Am I the only person who thinks that the Raiden vs. Vamp fight in MGS4 was, for most of the second half, incredibly boring?

Epic video game scenes for me is the race to the Frigate at the end of Halo 3, Tassadar's suicide run into the Overmind in Starcraft, great points.

Icy Ninja
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
Epic video game scenes for me is the race to the Frigate at the end of Halo 3
Damn I forgot about that one that part was truly epic

Spartan005
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
Am I the only person who thinks that the Raiden vs. Vamp fight in MGS4 was, for most of the second half, incredibly boring?

Epic video game scenes for me is the race to the Frigate at the end of Halo 3, Tassadar's suicide run into the Overmind in Starcraft, great points.

yeah when I first ran through that tunnel and saw a warthog sitting there I was like "holy shit" lol

they ended that game perfectly as far as I'm concerned.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Spartan005
yeah when I first ran through that tunnel and saw a warthog sitting there I was like "holy shit" lol

they ended that game perfectly as far as I'm concerned.

Ended it perfectly? They ended it the same way as Halo 1. You drive and this time it didn't even have a timer.

Kazenji
Playing as the Predalien in AVP2: Primal Hunt

Scythe
Aeris dying, ah shitz son!!

Davehead
The fight with Magus in Chrono Trigger. I pee my pants every time I get to that part.

Spartan005
Ended it perfectly? They ended it the same way as Halo 1. You drive and this time it didn't even have a timer.

yeah well I grew up with the first halo being my favorite game ever, and the ending being one of my favorite parts (for the record I hated the ending to halo 2) so yeah... I thought it was cool

NonSensi-Klown

The first one was perfect too.

So it's like, a double perfect.

Dr. Prick
The dentist song in Little Shop of Horrors.

Bro SMASH
Matt Engarde showing his true side, as well as his reaction when he gets the verdict in Ace Attorney: Justice For All.

FinalAnswer
Heavy Rain spoiler

When Ethan cuts his finger off

MadMel
Originally posted by Bro SMASH
Matt Engarde showing his true side, as well as his reaction when he gets the verdict in Ace Attorney: Justice For All.
that is so true! stick out tongue
and when edgeworth returned at the start of the case and his theme music starts playing big grin

Spidervlad
The end of Mass Effect 1, where Shepard comes out of the ruins and he's running over the debris.

One Free Man
The radio broadcasts in hl2 where the evil doctor is talking about how human populace look up to him and refer to him by such messianic titles as "The One Free Man".

Kotor2. That game was damn epic from beginning to end. Gameplay, no, but everything about the story was made up of epic.
2_4r6GjgWDI

the end of oblivion.
The scenery in oblivion
the free-roaming freedom of oblivion.

The force unleashed. the scene where he kisses the girl and falls backwards off the ship, imho the best kiss in history:
j8TwJBNsbEI&
1:50-2:45

H. S. 6
The first time I stepped out of the sewers in Oblivion I was awestruck. It was the first time a video game had such a profound effect on me, as well as the moment I realized video games have the potential to be far more than any other medium of entertainment.

Nemesis X
The ending of God of War II.

ScreamPaste
LoZ:

The ending of LoZ the WW, when Link draws the Master Sword in most 3d games, but especially OoT, and near the end of TP when Midna tries to fight Ganon herself. (Didn't go well haermm)

Psychonauts: Everything involving Mikhail. Seriously.

NSMBW: Discoverring that throwing your friends serves only to kill them.

Sin_Volvagia
Can't pick one:

1. Ryu getting enraged when his friends are killed (BoF2)
2. Ganondorf's transformation in OoT
3. Jack Pot! (DMC3)
4. The cutscene with Wesker near the end of the game (RE5)
5. Anything to do with last chapter and the Metal Gear fight (MGS4)
6. Final boss - ending (GoW2)
7. Final fight between Jehuty and Anubis (ZOE2)
8. Defeating the Undying for the first time (FFXII)
9. The final colossus (Shadows of the Colossus)
10. Galuf's last stand against Exdeath (FF5)

Juk3n
Deus Ex - Infiltrating Versalife.
Half-Life 2 ep2 - end.
Skies of Arcadia - breaking out of Valua for the second time.
F.E.A.R - end escaping the facility with all the ghosts coming out of the walls was shit-my-pants-thrilling.
Uncharted 2 - Locomotive section.
Mass Effect 2 - The Game.
CoD:MW - All Gillied Up.
CoD:MW2 - Gulag opening
Gears of War 2 - The Game.
Onimusha 3 - Opening cutscene.
Guild Wars - Getting to Lions Arch when i was a noob.
Guild Wars 2 - First Trailer.
Lots More....

Nemesis X
Smash Bros. Brawl - The Invasion cutscene
Gears of War 2 - The ending
God of War 1 - The battle with Ares
Soul Calibur IV - Darth Vader's ending
MGS4 - Driving Metal Gear REX
Mass Effect 2 - The opening cutscene
Resident Evil 5 - Fighting Albert Wesker
Resident Evil 4 - The laser hallway

Bro SMASH
Originally posted by MadMel
that is so true! stick out tongue
and when edgeworth returned at the start of the case and his theme music starts playing big grin

Oh yeah. Definitely that too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.