Heroes Grievances?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Quincy
Discussion of the things that slightly irk us - the fans.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy watching the show. Mostly because it has super powers in it. Or do i mean mainly?

Why did Hiro give the medal to ANDO during his confrontation with Daphne? That was the gayest thing I've seen. Why endanger your buddy?

Why didn't Sylar simply melt the door of Claire's closet?

Why didn't Peter just simply walk through the safe door? instead of struggle with his telekinesis?

Why doesn't the HAITIAN fight Sylar? EASY WIN! The people of heroes are just without common sense.

I dont get why Hiro can't beat ANYBODY up. He can stop time. I just find it frustrating to watch.

What was the deal with Caitlin? Are they ever going to mention her again? I'm going to assume no.

What about Zach? He's out with no explaination or former mention. And West? That kid wasn't interesting, but he too is going to be totally ignored?

Every season, we see the future and must stop it. Every...time.

Peter is once again incapacitated. First because he was in Ireland, and now because he is "in some dude"

What about you guys? Your grievances? Let it out!

Mairuzu
Well, i dont think the Haitian can take on sylar, its too risky.. even nathan was able to use his power to fly away

which is why he needed eve to take sylar down the first time

And as for sylar melting the closet down, he also could have used his telekenisis to unlock it. He was probably just toying with her

I agree with you on the whole "Peter is always getting screwed over"
its annoying

Thats pretty much all i have so far, ill wait for more episodes till i start complaining

S_D_J
Originally posted by Quincy
Discussion of the things that slightly irk us - the fans.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy watching the show. Mostly because it has super powers in it. Or do i mean mainly?

Why did Hiro give the medal to ANDO during his confrontation with Daphne? That was the gayest thing I've seen. Why endanger your buddy?

Hiro was punishing Ando for something he didn't do... but yeah, it was dumb

he was messing with her, he still somewhat evil... just somewhat, that's until he becomes the new Peter

Dunno, but what about:

How Did Sylar found Claire, the whole point of her being in California was to be safe... no one else knew... how did he?

How was Claire able to knocked down Sylar? he stopped Hiro's katana with one hand when the katana appear out of nowhere, why is a trophy any deadlier? are cheerleading Trophies Sylar's Kriptonite?

Why didn't Claire bust out of a window or break a glass door? she can heal fast, why didn't she escape like that?

...Is Heroes logic I suppose...

but to be fair, he did need Eve to get to Sylar, he's pretty dangerous..

he's to inocent and naive... Future Hiro scares him

Zack is busy fighting Terminators...big grin
... they needed to live Texas, so Zack couldn't come, and hopefully they'll leave Costa Verde, but if they don't, West won't show up anymore, which is agood thing really

...and Caitlin, she's safe and sound in the future... unless she was in Tokio...
I too hope they get to that, and don't forget about the character, but there hasn't been much time for Peter to go back and look for her, he destroy the virus, and right away got squeeze into Jesse...

this has been the thing that bothered me since season two... but at least this time around the whole future thing is much better done than previous season, it has potential, and it won't be a one time thing since we'll see the future through out this volume (though hopefully not all season)... I like watching the bad guys win (Knox, Adam, Maury... and Tracy?) and Sylar being the good guy...

he's to powerful, and dumb, so I guess is a way to hold him down a bit, plus future Peter is much cooler...

one more thing: Angela being Sylar's mom? WTF????

Mairuzu
Originally posted by S_D_J
Why didn't Claire bust out of a window or break a glass door? she can heal fast, why didn't she escape like that? The windows and everything were covered up by wooden shutters, claire.. being a cheerleader and all, is far too light and too weak to bust down those shutters being held by sylars power

Entity
Where the hell does everyone keep getting this Sylar's a good guy sorta this season? Has it been formally stated or atleast hinted at by someone important enough to actually know? Because otherwise he's shown no signs and I mean NO! signs at all of being a good guy. He's still just in it for himself and doing what he has to to get what he wants. The closest he's come to doing something "good" was not kill Claire. And even that he himself said he couldn't do. Now personally I don't believe that. I still thing no head means no ability which means dead! I think Sylar is just enjoying messing with her and Bennett now but thats just my opinion so far.

S_D_J
Originally posted by Mairuzu
The windows and everything were covered up by wooden shutters, claire.. being a cheerleader and all, is far too light and too weak to bust down those shutters being held by sylars power

yep but a, there was a glass/blindex door by the kitchen... If i'm not mistaken...

Originally posted by Entity
Where the hell does everyone keep getting this Sylar's a good guy sorta this season? Has it been formally stated or atleast hinted at by someone important enough to actually know? Because otherwise he's shown no signs and I mean NO! signs at all of being a good guy. He's still just in it for himself and doing what he has to to get what he wants. The closest he's come to doing something "good" was not kill Claire. And even that he himself said he couldn't do. Now personally I don't believe that. I still thing no head means no ability which means dead! I think Sylar is just enjoying messing with her and Bennett now but thats just my opinion so far.

it's been hinted at, and talked about by the cast (actually it was Milo who said it), but we know Sylar is not to be trusted, it's just that the future looks so messed up, having Sylar be a good guy is possible, though unlikely...
Peter on the other hand can go really bad.

and yes, it was very clear that the only way to kill Claire/Adam is to blow or cut their heads off

Mairuzu
Didn't see that, i was too busy looking at... um.... heh

celestialdemon
I think the Haitian would have no problem taking on Sylar one on one. Remember when Sylar was about to kill Claire's mom and HRG and the Haitian busted in. The Haitian didn't hesitate to chase after Sylar on his own when Sylar ran away.

Quincy
why were the brains in the first season "removed"

Now the writers are acting as if that didn't happen. He "looks" at the brain.

anyone else think thats kinda lame?

S_D_J
he studied them on the go... srug

Mairuzu
Sylar doesn't have time to sit there and study the brain after a massive attack on somone.

(Referring to Molly Walkers parents)

Quincy
and what about Isaac?

Mairuzu
he was painting stick out tongue

Captain REX
I think the reason that he didn't kill Claire is because she survived having her head torn open. Nobody else is going to survive that without the regenerative factor, and so they die.

And Sylar can't just sit around after he kills people, he doesn't have time. That, or maybe the section of the brain he needs to check out is further in...

One of my friends suggested that he needs X-ray vision so he doesn't have to go through all the messy work of ripping out brains...

Mairuzu
I don't think xray would be enough to study it, he looked like he needed to use his fingers

S_D_J
it looked like that to me, like he found something that clicked, sort of like a switch big grin

Quincy
Originally posted by Captain REX
One of my friends suggested that he needs X-ray vision so he doesn't have to go through all the messy work of ripping out brains...

Probably could work.

But I dont think the Heroes writers are smart enough to think of that.

celestialdemon
That's a very interesting point. Sylar can't learn abilities from people who are already dead, so I'm not sure why he took the brain. Would be a good question to ask a writer.

Blue_Hefner
I would add something about what happened to Adam, but it seems he's gonna be one of the villains.

Quincy
Why is there no SUPER POWERED FIGHTS?

EVERYONE JUST THROWS EACH OTHER!

ragesRemorse
i have a major problem with how the character and story development has been rushed through the mid second season to the last episode of season 3. The fuedal Japan thing really turned me off too.

S_D_J
Why is there no SUPER POWERED FIGHTS?

EVERYONE JUST THROWS EACH OTHER!

everyone's "Heroes Grievance" since season one erm

Quincy
everyone's "Heroes Grievance" since season one erm

word.

but I was expecting a bigger brawl in tonights episode. 4 escaped villains robbing a bank, and HRG and sylar on the case?

But no.

starlock
I find the repetitve plots and characters all over the place boring,the plots get furthered by butchering of characterization.....this one is there...that one was there and now somewhere else, this one is that one....that one is this one..everybody is all over the place....future is in peril....past changes the future.....can we get a solid story arch with some developement of the characters and keep it that way?...one week they are confident...then unsure.....they have faith and then loose it, and lets not forget the imaginary linderman and before that was a scarred peter...who turned out to be a non plot anyway.....i find myself getting confused...and bored

Mairuzu
The whole traveling through time thing makes it too complicated

Quincy
If the future has already been changed, why can Future Peter go back to it? That doesn't make sense to me.

I guess we'll find out the deal with that next week. But if Future Peter is just like "Oh man, this is the way i left it" then Heroes is getting way more bogus.

RocasAtoll
Dumbass powers. I thought these powers were based on evolution. How the hell do you evolve to the point where you can magically tell where an object has been?

S_D_J
Originally posted by RocasAtoll
Dumbass powers. I thought these powers were based on evolution. How the hell do you evolve to the point where you can magically tell where an object has been?

If I'm not mistaken that power originated in the UK... part of Heroes 360 over there... and now it's canon...

NonSensi-Klown
Black man that can phase through objects dying from bullets= loss.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
Black man that can phase through objects dying from bullets= loss. yea, but he didnt have time to activate his power

he didnt even know he was gonna be shot

Quincy
Black man that can phase through objects dying from bullets= loss.

Lol

True that man.

NonSensi-Klown
yea, but he didnt have time to activate his power

he didnt even know he was gonna be shot

I know, but, c'mon. Why'd it have to be the black guy?

Lemme make a more sensible reason for being a hater, though.

Black guy who can phase through objects dying by bullets= damn, too bad.

Black guy who can phase through objects killed by bullets, yet Matt Parker getting hammered multiple times in the chest and making full recovery= PIS and loss of epic proportions.

Bardock42

Black guy who can phase through objects killed by bullets, yet Matt Parker getting hammered multiple times in the chest and making full recovery= PIS and loss of epic proportions. Dude...you know negroes are allergic to bullets-

Blue_Hefner

Black guy who can phase through objects killed by bullets, yet Matt Parker getting hammered multiple times in the chest and making full recovery= PIS and loss of epic proportions.

He was probably wearing a bulletproof vest. :/

NonSensi-Klown
He was bleeding IIRC... =\

Blue_Hefner
I haven't watched that episode in a while . . .but I guess you're right. :/

Mairuzu
Maybe the bullets went through the vest stick out tongue

and it wasnt major damage

Captain REX
Apparently not.

NonSensi-Klown
Maybe the bullets went through the vest stick out tongue

and it wasnt major damage

If you get hit hard enough in the chest to bleed in multiple spots... you're pretty fecked up.

Or maybe we should just pass it off as PIS? DL doesn't really have a reason to be around, I guess, compared to Matt.

And this a bit off-topic, but doesn't Matt's power seem a bit... weak, at this point in the story? Amongst people who are virtually immortal, can manipulate electricity, nuke towns, super strength, negate and steal powers, stop time, super speed, etc. Reading minds, an ability that we've seen is also easily negatable... seems a bit obsolete no?

Blue_Hefner
Well, he can control other people's minds too.

Mairuzu
If you get hit hard enough in the chest to bleed in multiple spots... you're pretty fecked up.

Or maybe we should just pass it off as PIS? DL doesn't really have a reason to be around, I guess, compared to Matt.

And this a bit off-topic, but doesn't Matt's power seem a bit... weak, at this point in the story? Amongst people who are virtually immortal, can manipulate electricity, nuke towns, super strength, negate and steal powers, stop time, super speed, etc. Reading minds, an ability that we've seen is also easily negatable... seems a bit obsolete no? His power evolved remember?

Kovacs86
My main grievance with Heroes is that it's been shit since the end of Series One...

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Kovacs86
My main grievance with Heroes is that it's been shit since the end of Series One...

laughing

NonSensi-Klown
Aside from the DL business, I'm starting to really feel like the show is jumping the shark...

When you start bringing dead people back to life, it starts to approach the ridiculousness of comic books... which is a bad thing because you can't make a good drama using comic book logic, I.E., people are obviously dead aren't really dead.

Phucked Up
Aside from the DL business, I'm starting to really feel like the show is jumping the shark...

When you start bringing dead people back to life, it starts to approach the ridiculousness of comic books... which is a bad thing because you can't make a good drama using comic book logic, I.E., people are obviously dead aren't really dead.

...if you're talking about Mr. Petrelli, we never knew 100% that he was dead.

Either way, you're saying a TV show about super heroes is ridiculous like a comic book, what do you expect from it?

Vinny Valentine
Wow.

That DL argument was stupid as hell, it even SAYS why he didn't in the show.

if he phased they would have hit NIKI. He tried to save her.

Brit
My main grievance with the show is that they're trying to do too many twists in the first few episodes.

NonSensi-Klown
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
Wow.

Right. Right.

We don't know that about ted Spriggs either! We didn't see his body in a coffin!

erm

The first season did not follow comic book logic, and it was great.

... you don't read very well. Do you? That's ifyou're referring to my posts, which you may not.

Mairuzu
Right. Right.

We don't know that about ted Spriggs either! We didn't see his body in a coffin!

erm

... you don't read very well. Do you? That's ifyou're referring to my posts, which you may not. last name isnt sprigg 131

NonSensi-Klown
Your mom's last name isn't Spriggs. 313

Blue_Hefner
My main grievance is the abundance of characters. Most of them don't seem like they belong in the story i.e. Maya, Nicki, Tracy, Micah, his aunt, and as much as I like him, Parkman too.

Quincy
Wow.

They were holding each other at the time.

He could have phased WITH her.

S_D_J
Right. Right.

erm

... you don't read very well. Do you? That's ifyou're referring to my posts, which you may not.

traveling through time and messing with time-space continuum just by blinking your eyes does sound logical, doesn't it?

Vinny Valentine
They were holding each other at the time.

He could have phased WITH her.

No he wasnt.

Quincy
No he wasnt.

Yes they were.

Phucked Up
traveling through time and messing with time-space continuum just by blinking your eyes does sound logical, doesn't it?

Bingo.

NonSensi-Klown

Did I mention "logical"?

Once?

Think carefully before you answer. To some people it might be a bit of a trick question.

Regardless. Super natural abilities are not an excuse for plot holes and PIS.

Dr. Prick
Yeah you mentioned logical you spoiled brat

Mairuzu
My only grievance is that they are not bringing Claude back (yet)

Captain REX
Claude was fun, but what would he do?

Mairuzu
You can say that about a lot of people in the show now.

S_D_J
Did I mention "logical"?

Once?

Think carefully before you answer. To some people it might be a bit of a trick question.

Regardless. Super natural abilities are not an excuse for plot holes and PIS.

oh, believe me
No trick question there...

you said S1 doesn't follow comic book logic...

Most thing... or better said many times, things in comic book are illogical... powers, their use and their origins... you can try to get away with it, try-a make a logical explanation about it, but still they're implausible.. most of the time.

What was so great about the first season of Heroes was exactly that, a drama/action show based on the illogic of comic books (or how you put it Comic book logic) that managed to create and compel an attractive appeal to both comic book geeks and "cool" hip people... while still being a geek fest.

You have people running around with powers, trying to save or destroy the world...traveling to a horrible future... that many people tuned in, watched and were in no risk of being called a "geek" because it was good TV... that indeed use comic book logic: the powers themselves (which it's the primary and most important thing about the show) are comic book logical... the saving the world and the bomb (many themes that some can say were inspired or rip off from "Watchmen"wink are so comic book-y in their essence... but it was still cool to watch.
... you can draw so many parallels to "X-Men" within the show, and still have them play out, that many people enjoyed... not just comic-book geeks.
Yes, there are things about comic books that are really annoying (dead people that weren't dead... or were resurrected in the most stupid way) that weren't used in the first season... but believe me:
Heroes is in essence a superheroes comic book

Quincy
The writers of heroes are really not giving the fans what they want - and deserve for watching a great show turn into crap for 2 seasons.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.