Technology-My theory

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DeNiro
My theory is this. life was created from some higher being that i dont know about yet. then man evovled and with man came along a steady flow of new technologies that man developed using his free. Now Here is my theory for many years man kept making new technologies and those advances only had positive effects on the human race. Now fast forward alot, technology is still advancing through mans free will. But now technology creates more negitive effects then positive. and pretty soon man will use his free will and his technology and ultimatly destory man.

Sure we have instanst access to emergency service by using a computer or a phone . But our kids now have instant access to online predtors and a uncountable amount of information that they shouldnt be seeing until a certain age. Its sad but we have mass wepons of mass destruction and its scry to think that man has the unethical mind set to use them.

seriously if our kids werent bombarded by so much info and technology i think things would be better

what u guys think

Bardock42
Originally posted by DeNiro
My theory is this. life was created from some higher being that i dont know about yet. then man evovled and with man came along a steady flow of new technologies that man developed using his free. Now Here is my theory for many years man kept making new technologies and those advances only had positive effects on the human race. Now fast forward alot, technology is still advancing through mans free will. But now technology creates more negitive effects then positive. and pretty soon man will use his free will and his technology and ultimatly destory man.

Sure we have instanst access to emergency service by using a computer or a phone . But our kids now have instant access to online predtors and a uncountable amount of information that they shouldnt be seeing until a certain age. Its sad but we have mass wepons of mass destruction and its scry to think that man has the unethical mind set to use them.

seriously if our kids werent bombarded by so much info and technology i think things would be better

what u guys think

I find it ridiculous and frankly appaling that you call that a theory.

Technology obviously brings dangers with it, but I find no reason to believe that somehow now the "negative" effects outweight the "positives". And, also, a few molested ****tards certainly don't make me think that all the advantages the Internet has brought to me alone is nullified.

jaden101
i think some of the things that have driven technology are negative but turn into postives later on...war is probably the single biggest driver of technological development there is

As bad as the Nazis were...their unethical research led to some astoundingly fast developments in technology that led to space travel, medical advancements...

then their was small things such as vietnam giving rise to the invention of superglue...which was initially supposed to be used to seal battlefield wounds

i do like this theory on technology and human evolution

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=saxX-Z6w3p4

dadudemon
Originally posted by jaden101

Sounds like this guy shares his opinions with Kurzweil mixed with hyperactiveness and a sprinkle of drugs. He was referring to the singularity. He could have also thrown in some "conscious refocus on a macro-scale." and other such fancy ways of saying things.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Kurzweil

Great Vengeance
Technology is neither positive or negative. Its people that are the problem. As far as most technology is concerned, we derive more benefit out of it than ill effects. I agree though that the world would be better off if weapons or more specifically weapons of mass destruction didnt exist. People cant be trusted with that kind of power.

DeNiro
Originally posted by jaden101
i think some of the things that have driven technology are negative but turn into postives later on...war is probably the single biggest driver of technological development there is

As bad as the Nazis were...their unethical research led to some astoundingly fast developments in technology that led to space travel, medical advancements...

i do like this theory on technology and human evolution

Well the problem is their are just to many variables. You couldnt possibly find out statistics for the positive and negitive affects that arise from technology. such as weighing out the negitives against the positives. I mean how can you judge 9,000,000 people being killed vs. the benifits of space travel. to many factors play into eachother.
and thanks
Originally posted by Bardock42
I find it ridiculous and frankly appaling that you call that a theory.

Technology obviously brings dangers with it, but I find no reason to believe that somehow now the "negative" effects outweight the "positives". And, also, a few molested ****tards certainly don't make me think that all the advantages the Internet has brought to me alone is nullified.
wow shutup i doubt you find my theory appaling cause i doubt you care that much to find it that. and if you do then take a chill pill jill. And this is kmc forums im not some professor posting something so i guess you should take a chill pill anyway u look at it
and r u calling the children that got molested because they went on the internet retards? because then you must be a child yourself because u would understand their minds cant be uncountable for their actions, sure some kids can but not all

Red Nemesis
wow shutup i doubt you find my theory appaling cause i doubt you care that much to find it that. and if you do then take a chill pill jill. And this is kmc forums im not some professor posting something so i guess you should take a chill pill anyway u look at it
and r u calling the children that got molested because they went on the internet retards? because then you must be a child yourself because u would understand their minds cant be uncountable for their actions, sure some kids can but not all

I hope you know that you didn't help your case at all. He didn't say that your theory was appalling, he said that calling it a theory is appalling. There is a critical difference that you seem to be missing. He isn't disagreeing with you, only with your pathetic ideas.
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, Bardock42, but I'm pretty sure that he wasn't talking about the victims, but of the predators. A few ****ed up creepy old guys online does not mean that the entire system is bad.

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by DeNiro

what u guys think

That's not a theory. I don't even think it qualifies as a hypothesis.

WrathfulDwarf
Technology should be use more for entertainment.

More ipods and PS3 please....

DigiMark007
Is this really religion? Years ago I made a tranhumanism thread in the philosophy forum that is a much more lucid introduction to such lines of thinking. That would probably be the better place for this.

Personally I don't think the singularity will become a reality ever. At least not in the ever-increasing rate of technological expansion. I also don't think anecdotes count as general trends. If they're negative, they simply highlight areas that can be improved upon.

Skydude033
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Technology should be use more for entertainment.

More ipods and PS3 please....

If technology was only used for entertainment, we'd be light ages away from where we are today.

And I personally think you should consult a dictionary before developing a "theory."

As for the theory itself, it is rather uneducated and pathetic, to be honest.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.